Miser
    Miser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Washington in cruse control for the rest of the season?

I was thinking about this last night. Washington will clinch their division soon. With 20 games left in the season, will Bruce Boudreau rest his stars, or more likely cut back on their minutes? Something to think about when looking at the Cap games as far as totals.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

i think it is a good angle to consider. would probably be dead on in a season without the Olympics giving the Caps 18 days (think it is 18). i think the long rest, coupled with the 3 game losing streak before the break, and the Sabres playing last night sets up nicely for the Caps to play real hard tonight.

i do agree with your overall concept though about reduced ice time. but they also haven't won a game since Feb 7th. i expect them to fight for some wins before taking their foot off the gas.

they are in a great spot to roll 4 lines every game and go in rested. good thing to consider when capping the playoff futures as well.

pdx107
    pdx107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1816

Tis possible, especially if playing against SW Division opponents....

Miser
    Miser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Also remember Ovechkin is in a down to the wire chase with Crosby for number one in goals for the season so I'm not sure how something like that may play into his ice time.

PuckCoach
    PuckCoach's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ovie is going to be a mission after the Olympics