KACK
    KACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3495

these lines are tough

I was interested in taking the Russia game and it was -4.5.... Does anyone find these lines a little high... I know both Canada and Russia covered but that is alot of goals for me.... What do you guys think???

runt23
    runt23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take a look at the starting goalies in my opinion.. I am more likely to take a team with an NHLer starting in net.

Also, take a look at all the lines. You can breakdown the lines 1 by 1 (i.e. Canada's first line vs Norway's 1st, Canada's 2nd vs Norway's 2nd, etc.). I think this will help you with figuring out how many goals to expect for a differential.

I was a little skeptical about taking Canada at -7 but it paid off. But I would have taken Russia at -7 (just because I believe the Russian team is the strongest in the tournament).

Frosh
    Frosh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

Used to the NHL. The Olympic lines are suprising at first, but if you watch how the games turn out, they fit.

alex81
    alex81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by runt23 View Post
    Take a look at the starting goalies in my opinion.. I am more likely to take a team with an NHLer starting in net.

Also, take a look at all the lines. You can breakdown the lines 1 by 1 (i.e. Canada's first line vs Norway's 1st, Canada's 2nd vs Norway's 2nd, etc.). I think this will help you with figuring out how many goals to expect for a differential.

I was a little skeptical about taking Canada at -7 but it paid off. But I would have taken Russia at -7 (just because I believe the Russian team is the strongest in the tournament).
    Russia may have an edge in offensive talent but Canada is much stronger defensively... A game between Russia and Canada would definitely be a close call.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

the commies -4.5 yesterday was easy money. be careful next few days, as the books will have seen everyone play and the lines will be adjusted accordingly.

Irish Lumberjack
    Irish Lumberjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2332

The lines just seem alittle weird

avssakic
    avssakic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4193

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Lumberjack View Post
    The lines just seem alittle weird
    yes they do

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!