Winnipeg Jets
    Winnipeg Jets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1459

Law of Averages 1st Period Plays: On Deck

The record for a 1st period under 2 goals is 7 games held by the Devils. They broke the streak Saturday against the Capitals. Here's a couple teams that are ready to go over 1.5 goals in the 1st period.

L.A.Kings...are currently at 5 games to the under. Next up for them are the Florida Panthers and when they return home..the Flyers.

Philadelphia Flyers...4 games to the under. Tomorrow they play New Jersey and than off to L.A.

Montreal and Phoenix are at 3 games apiece. Much too early to for these. I think the Canadians get back on track in the scoring department when they return home to face the Canes. Gimme a team total of 3 and I'll be on it.

Unitage
    Unitage's Avatar Become A Pro!

the record? for how many seasons have you backtested?
    I do agree with this tho, but some teams ARE prone to being over or under in the 1st and can end the season something like 55-27 on either side so I dont know what you mean by the record for 1st period under 2 goals is 7, is that just this season?

Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Unitage View Post
    the record? for how many seasons have you backtested?
    I do agree with this tho, but some teams ARE prone to being over or under in the 1st and can end the season something like 55-27 on either side so I dont know what you mean by the record for 1st period under 2 goals is 7, is that just this season?
    this years record of being under 2 goals in the first is 7 GAMES IN A ROW held by the devils.

a couple years ago columbus went something like 15 or 16 in a row.

Khadi
    Khadi's Avatar Become A Pro!

By the way, technically there is no such thing as the "law of averages". It is actually a belief or hope, which contradicts law by definition. The "law of averages" hopes that results will even out in the short term over a small sample size (ie. 7 unders in a row). Just being technical. lol

Winnipeg Jets

wagered 132$ to win 110$ on Philly/Kings 1st period over 1.5 goals. not gonna be brain dead and bet the farm as props are a bit iffier than normal plays.

points for the 1st period over..

-both teams on an under streak. yes, i know law of averages isn't reality..i just like the title.
    -both teams have good offense.
    -boucher in goal for flyers.

why it might not go over....
    -kings back home off a road trip..could start out sluggish.
    -flyers tighten it up with boucher in net.
    -last years score was 2-1 in s.o.

p.s. if i lose this bet, I'm finished with props except for maybe a few small bets on over time during the season. Game plays and team totals are the way to go.

1st goal scored by kopitar
    Last edited by Winnipeg Jets; 11-18-09 at 09:30 PM.

Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
    wagered 132$ to win 110$ on Philly/Kings 1st period over 1.5 goals. not gonna be brain dead and bet the farm as props are a bit iffier than normal plays.

points for the 1st period over..

-both teams on an under streak. yes, i know law of averages isn't reality..i just like the title.
    -both teams have good offense.
    -boucher in goal for flyers.

why it might not go over....
    -kings back home off a road trip..could start out sluggish.
    -flyers tighten it up with boucher in net.
    -last years score was 2-1 in s.o.

p.s. if i lose this bet, I'm finished with props except for maybe a few small bets on over time during the season. Game plays and team totals are the way to go.

1st goal scored by kopitar
    a 2 man advantage ?? or was cbs sports wrong?/ anyway too little too late..i thought if no goal in the 1st 10 minutes the bet is done. oh well....time to play smarter

gee why didn't i see the lanche/oliers game with both back ups in!!