Earl's Liver
    Earl's Liver's Avatar Become A Pro!

Found Some NHL Systems (Anyone Able To Back Test)

I came up on these sytems below last year. This whole thing is copied and pasted It was too much work to track by hand and play last year. Have no idea on prior results. I am wondering if these could work earlier in the season then what's stated. If someone can look into these - I and the Den would gladly appreciate it for the help and another angle to get at these books. Maybe there's some gold in here somewhere. I don't have the time nor the capabilities to back test. I'm a little more than kind of computer
    programming illiterate.

With most NHL teams having less than 30 games left on the regular season docket, the juggling for playoff positions is about to begin in earnest, thought now would be an excellent time to pinpoint a narrow group of hockey systems that would be easy to follow and have quite a track record of success. Let’s start the perusing the action with one of the best.

#1 Play Against - Road underdogs against the money line, revenging a road loss versus opponent, who is winning 30 percent or less of their games into the second half of the entire season.

If this underdog is matched up against an inferior opponent, who has already beaten them and the Oddsmakers think so little of this hockey team on the road, why should we put what money we have made betting on the NHL on this loser? At this juncture, we are talking about a team that wins maybe one of every three games, being a home favorite. Yet those setting the money line are telling us the road dog is not to be trusted. Since 1996, playing against this droopy road pooch has yielded 26-3, 89.7 percent record.

#2 Play On - Road favorites against the money line, after failing to cover four of their last five against the spread - versus opponent after having covered two of their last three games.

This renowned system takes into consideration the “due” factor and matches it with the oddmakers judgment. If a hockey club is in a minor slump, like virtually all teams will suffer, and is still well thought of enough to be road chalk, this deserves our attention. The home team has played fairly well, but doesn’t impress anyone, especially those setting the numbers as a home underdog. If the home dog would have beaten a San Jose, Boston or Detroit, they would certainly have earned more respect, particularly versus a club down on its luck. Over the last three years, a 21-2 record is more than good; it’s Tony the Tiger G-R-E-A-T!

#3 Play Against - Road favorites against the money line, who are a good offensive team - scoring 2.85 or more goals a game, after four straight wins by two goals or more in the second half of the season.

This system plays to the fact it is hard to keep giving domineering performances, no matter how talented a team may be offensively. This would be similar to a baseball team averaging eight runs a game and winning by four or more over extended time, it can’t last forever. With most hockey totals hovering around 5.5 goals and home teams winning a hair over 56 percent of the time this season, it is extremely difficult for a road favorite to keep winning later in the season as 22-5, 81.5 percent records shows.

#4 Play Against - Any team against the money line, after successfully winning two or more consecutive games - in a game involving two marginal losing teams (40 to 49 percent).

This is not a system that is profitable every NHL season, nonetheless it is this year. A few teams have separated themselves in division races and only Ottawa, Atlanta and the New York Islanders are truly dreadful. This means if a team is below .500, they are unlikely to put together a substantial winning streak, even facing similar competition. In 2008-09, this system has been a winner 15 out of 20 times.

#5 Play Against - road teams against the money line, who are weak defensively, allowing three or more goals a game on the season, after a loss by two goals or more in their previous game, after half the season is completed.

No need to pull that online degree you can buy having a doctorate in Mathematical Sciences, this is merely a case of sieve-like defenses unable to stop the puck in the own end. Whether its poor defensemen or a goalie having another off-night between the pipes, this squad is going to have to play unusually well on defense or score a handful of goals to pull out a win on the road. Since the start of the 2006-07 campaign, this money line system is 47-20, 70.1 percent. At present, a dozen teams meet the criteria of being poor on defense, which is the point of entry for this situation.

Take a team that should not be "favored".....LOL What does that mean? Well, any team that is less in overall points but is favored...For example, the La Kings have less points than the Edmonton Oilers but they were favored tonight? So you bet the Kings...It lost tonight in shootouts but overall there is 1-3 plays a night and it wins at an alarming clip! You can take it further and bet the team that is favored on the puck line and you will get +190 to +250 and this too wins at a big percentage....Do your homework and go back and track what I am saying!!! It is a money maker if you like Hockey!!

Earl's Liver
    Earl's Liver's Avatar Become A Pro!

Below is what I copied and pasted from somebody in which I am thankful for who put in some work with one of the systems

Last season I heard about the system for betting on "teams that should not be favored", and I backtracked it for 08-09 season.

Here are the results:

136-79 63.3%

+30.86 units if u flat bet 1 unit per game...

Avg odds: -122

However 07-08 season had a record of:

130-110 54.2%

Which means that it might not be very profitable each season...

One thing about this system is that a 1-3 points difference is not too big in hockey. And the team at home is probably gonna be favored, if playing the majority of the teams (except Top 4 for example)...

From this I backtracked the 08-09 season with lower teams favored (but with 5+ points difference). Here are the results:

I broke them down by result of last game per team as well, whether they lost or won...

77-41 65%

Fav-W; Opp-W 15-10
    Fav-W; Opp-L 19-10
    Fav-L; Opp-L 22-8
    Fav-L; Opp-L 21-13

It seems that if the team with more points lost their last game, they tend to lose the next one as underdogs (but with more points) as well.

Below is the W-L last game breakdown for all the games, no matter the point difference:

136-79 63.3%

Fav-W Opp-W 33-19
    Fav-W Opp-L 26-18
    Fav-L Opp-L 34-21
    Fav-L Opp-W 43-21

I wonder however how the W-L records of the teams will influence that "system", because there might be some filters that are gonna make it more profitable...