cappinthepigs
    cappinthepigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Need some NHL help handicapping question.

Well, lets just say that I'm "new" to the NHL, I have occasionally watched it and enjoy it somewhat, but am VERY new to betting NHL games.

I was wondering what you guys thought the key stats and trends to look at whilst handicapping NHL games would be?

I'm just basically a degenerate and since MLB is winding down I need a new vice!!

Thanks for any help yall can give me.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

- Starting goaltenders (Is the #1 getting a night off? Or not playing well?)
    - Powerplay & Penalty Kill percentages for the season and in recent games
    - Recognize trends for particular teams over/under totals (ie: look at the O/U for CAL & TOR so far). I personally like playing overs on team totals as opposed to game totals
    - Look at the correlation between shots on goal and scoring goals over the long term. Teams that shoot a lot will ultimately put up the goals.
    - Travel & schedule. With games played 3-4 times a week, teams can tire out and what would otherwise be a strong team can become good fade material against a well rested team.

If I were you, just getting comfortable with hockey, I would suggest looking over the early season stats and identify teams that you feel are performing well to start the year, or that you can otherwise recognize trends from (Goals for per game, goals against, etc). Next look at who they played to gauge the strength of their schedule so far and how it has affected their record to date, and who they're playing in the coming week. From there you have a short list of teams to work with to start.
    Points Awarded:

cappinthepigs gave suicidekings 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Just follow the plays of the profitable posters, as opposed to trying to figure it out yourself. You'll pick up trends as you go along.

cappinthepigs
    cappinthepigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Thanks yall.

I'd actually like to do it myself, I HATE tailing, not because it can't be profitable, but I think most of the enjoyment is in breaking it down my self. I'll post up in a bit and let yall know what I think.

Fringe
    Fringe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good Info suicide...im new to hockey also cappin, BOL this year.