Miser
    Miser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Nucks/Jackets Under

I am looking at betting this under. Two great goalies + the defensive style Columbus plays. 5 1/2 is the under. Any thoughts?

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

I like the under. The under is 8-2-3 in the last 13. Mason and Luongo should have a good battle tonight.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, the Canucks can't seem to put the puck in the net so far and I don't see that changing tonight, however, Luongo has allowed 7 goals in two games and looks rusty, perhaps Columbus scores 5 themselves tonight.

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

I think I am going to jump on this.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Looks good on paper, unders are always scary early in the year though. Mid-season the under would be a lock in this one. GL to those on the Under, not sure if I will be making a play on this one yet.

Blades
    Blades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Canucks will win, home opener they will turn it around. I wouldnt touch the over. Betting 3 units on the nucks!

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Canucks will win, home opener they will turn it around. I wouldnt touch the over. Betting 3 units on the nucks!
    That's the play.

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Canucks will win tonight because they played poorly in their previous games?

I do not like the strategy.

Luongo has a long way to go to return to his previous form.

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    Well, the Canucks can't seem to put the puck in the net so far and I don't see that changing tonight, however, Luongo has allowed 7 goals in two games and looks rusty, perhaps Columbus scores 5 themselves tonight.

Miser
    Miser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Now I didn't count on Luongo melting down!

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Miser View Post
    Now I didn't count on Luongo melting down!
    What?

Luongo has been horrible EVERY START so far!

He has stunk in 3 straight games.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Yes we know Luongo stinks betplom, he has no confidence right now that is apparent. Canucks 3rd period false hope rally here like the Leafs do every 3rd period

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Yes we know Luongo stinks betplom, he has no confidence right now that is apparent. Canucks 3rd period false hope rally here like the Leafs do every 3rd period
    Dennis, are you my biatch?

At least we have Stanley cup banners hanging in our building, fans of a team with ZERO Stanley Cups shouldn't make fun of anyone.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Please you guys are way worse, quit living off the Leaf's past accomplishments when you weren't even alive. Canucks have finished ahead of the Leafs for how many years now? And the only time our teams met in anything that mattered, this happened.

(7) Vancouver Canucks 4
    (3) Toronto Maple Leafs 1

Vancouver wins Western Conference semifinal 4 games to 1.

I rest my case.

betplom
    maniac

Please you guys are way worse, quit living off the Leaf's past accomplishments when you weren't even alive. Canucks have finished ahead of the Leafs for how many years now? And the only time our teams met in anything that mattered, this happened.

(7) Vancouver Canucks 4
    (3) Toronto Maple Leafs 1

Vancouver wins Western Conference semifinal 4 games to 1.

I rest my case.

Leafs past accomplishments = 11 Stanley Cups

Canucks past accomplishments = 0 Stanley Cups

I rest your case. Well said. How many Championships did the Canucks win all those years they "finished ahead of the Leafs" ? Yep, Z E R O!

Zero Dennis, Z E R O! Stanley Cups for the Canucks and you guys make fun of teams that have Stanley Cup banners in their rinks.

Canuck fans should concentrate on the lousy hockey team residing in Vancouver.

The team that has never won a Stanley Cup. One of a handful of teams that havent won a cup.

At least Leaf fans can live in the past, what do Canuck fans have? (hint 0 )

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Like I said you fat squid, what have they done for you lately? Absolutely nothing. I don't care that they won the Cup in 1931, neither should you. 1967 the last time you won, LOL. Canucks came into the League in 1971. So since the Canucks joined you have won 0 and the Canucks have won 0. Must have been tough to win cups back when there was 6 teams hey?

LOL, every cup won by the Leafs there was 6-8 teams. WOW THAT MUST HAVE BEEN SO HARD HEY? You should be embarassed you even count those as Cups. There was 14 teams when the Canucks joined the NHL and has gone up ever since.

Leafs years in league: 82
    Canucks years in league: 38
    Last edited by DennisGreen; 10-06-09 at 12:12 AM.

icecapper
    icecapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

Wow what a collapse. Luongo used to be the best UNDER lock in the league.

EmceeDusty
    Dennis Green FTW
    EmceeDusty's Avatar Become A Pro!

betplom
    maniac

Like I said you fat squid, what have they done for you lately? Absolutely nothing. I don't care that they won the Cup in 1931, neither should you. 1967 the last time you won, LOL. Canucks came into the League in 1971. So since the Canucks joined you have won 0 and the Canucks have won 0. Must have been tough to win cups back when there was 6 teams hey?

LOL, every cup won by the Leafs there was 6-8 teams. WOW THAT MUST HAVE BEEN SO HARD HEY? You should be embarassed you even count those as Cups. There was 14 teams when the Canucks joined the NHL and has gone up ever since.

Leafs years in league: 82
    Canucks years in league: 38
    Leafs have won nothing lately, Canucks have won nothing EVER.
    Bit of a difference.

Dennis I don't understand how someone can hate a team that has been bad for so many years, my guess is you hate the Leafs because they are vastly more popular than the Canucks and will always be more popular/important than the Canucks.

I know I don't hate the Blue Jackets, a team that has zero Stanley Cups - just like the Canucks.

1993 was the last time a Canadian team has won the Cup ( Montreal ) its been a long time for every other Canadian based team, Chicago still holds the record for longest cup drought and they have more Cups than Vancouver ever will.

Leafs last Cup was in the 60's, Edmonton in the 80's same with Calgary, Montreal has the most recent cup and the Senators and Canucks have Zero - well technically speaking the Senator team from a hundred years ago won a Cup, so everyone except the Canucks have a Cup in Canada.

Dennis, your team is the ONLY Canadian franchise that has NEVER won a Stanley Cup!

Go ahead and chant "1967" that should make you feel better.

Zero.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Comparing the Leafs to the Canucks is unfair, not only because of the fact the Leafs have existed longer, but because pre-salary cap, Toronto had more money to spend and could put better products on the ice. Look at the teams since the new era of the NHL, a fair starting point for all teams. I would say the Leafs have failed to adapt and will continue to struggle for a few more years. Whether or not Vancouver is going to be any better isn't clear, but with better goaltending, a stronger core at defense (though, that could be debated), and more offensive weapons, you have to give the nod to Vancouver.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

I don't hate the Leafs anymore they are finally running their organization like a real team. Not trading away their future for Gary Roberts and Shayne Corson every playoff year. Burke will turn the team around, he is the man. It's impossible to argue with someone with no logic at all like you betplom but the bottom line is:

Modern day cups

Toronto 0
    Vancouver 0

END THREAD

PS: Technically if you are counting cups from 100 years ago the Vancouver Millionaires won the cup in 1914-1915 over the Ottawa Senators so go ahead and edit your post to Vancouver 1.
    Last edited by DennisGreen; 10-06-09 at 02:27 PM.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

I don't hate the Leafs anymore they are finally running their organization like a real team. Not trading away their future for Gary Roberts and Shayne Corson every playoff year.
    ... sources indicate that the deal for Boston Bruin Kessel has been completed and the 21-year-old has been signed to a five-year, $27 million contract.

But the Leafs auctioned a big chunk of their future to make it happen.

Toronto sent two first picks, from 2010 and 2011, and its second draft in 2010 to make it happen.
    Let's wait and see before we say that organization has turned anything around. When you sell out every game regardless of the product on the ice, sound decision making isn't always the priority.

betplom
    maniac

PS: Technically if you are counting cups from 100 years ago the Vancouver Millionaires won the cup in 1914-1915 over the Ottawa Senators so go ahead and edit your post to Vancouver 1.
    Yeah, the "Millionaires" are not the Canucks - While the Toronto Arenas and St. Pats were the name Toronto used before the Toronto Maple Leafs.

The difference? Toronto has had a hockey team for quite a while whereas Vancouvers team disappeared.

End thread.
    Last edited by betplom; 10-06-09 at 04:53 PM.

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

What ateam has done with players that are not playing now, means absolutely nothing. The only thing that remains the same with the Leafs is their name. Spouting what they have done twenty years ago is childish. betplom, you have no logic, and with every post you make, you prove to all that read them, your level of intelligence.

And no I do not hate the Leafs, I cheer them on.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

This is why Toronto has the worst fans. The majority are incredibly ignorant and annoying. To me, the NHL reset with the salary cap, new rules, new system. Reality is the Canucks and Leafs don't have a chance to win the cup in the next 2-4 years. This is about the only thing they have in common:

DennisGreen
    Update your status

LOL betplom you are the reason people hate Leafs fan. Please continue with your illogical comments you are only making yourself look worse with every rebuttal you continue to supply.

betplom
    maniac

LOL betplom you are the reason people hate Leafs fan. Please continue with your illogical comments you are only making yourself look worse with every rebuttal you continue to supply.
    I think I now understand, people hate Leaf fans because of me, I am the reason.

This is your logic? I am making myself "look" worse?

End thread.
    Last edited by betplom; 10-06-09 at 07:03 PM.