DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Penalty Bets

Only some books have these, but they are pure gold a lot of the time.

I bet on MTL/TOR first penalty from 0:01 to 4:59, it hit won $100.

Good game later on with CAL/VAN, huge rivalry so should be a gritty game, so I will be betting on penalty for the first 4:59 as well on this.

Good luck to those on board these bets

DennisGreen
    Update your status

2 for 2. Weeeee! Made 3 bills. All about the penalty bets when two rivals play. The games are always intense.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Penalty bets now 3/3 on the year. A lot of this is luck I know but I have only bet on big Canadian same conference rivalries.

Penalty 0:01 - 4:59

VAN/CAL Risk $240 to win $192 WIN
    MTL/TOR Risk $125 to win $100 WIN
    OTT/TOR Risk $125 to win $100 WIN

Another Canadian rival game I didn't get my bet in on team EDM/CAL hit during the first 4:59 as well.

So far on the year all Canada vs Canada games are 4/4 for penalties in the first 4:59.

Montreal vs Calgary coming up at 6 eastern, although they aren't in the same conference so I will not be making a play on this one.

Most sites don't have this but if yours does take a look at this, I may be on to something.

EmceeDusty
    Dennis Green FTW
    EmceeDusty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas vs Edmonton later should be a good game also, They both dont really like each other.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Just to let you all know, the only site I know which has these penalty bets is betwin.com, which unfortunately isn't available to Americans. Prob a few other ones out there that I don't know about.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Montreal/Calgary didn't hit but it didn't fit my requirements. Two Canadian teams in same conference and division. 4/4 on the year so far.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Penalty Bets 4-0 on the season and we have a game that fits my requirements tonight. EDM/CAL Penalty First 4:59. I will for sure be betting on this.

Vicarious
    Vicarious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

hi

how many years do you play that kind of stuff ?

can you tell your past yearly statistics ?

GL

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Hey man, this is the first year I have done this so far so my data is still very small. Hard to get a read on how successful this will be, I'm sure my luck will run out but until it does I will keep betting on it.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

You should look back a couple seasons, see how it fared. Wouldn't be hard to look up either. Let me know if you do look it up, it makes a lot of sense. Hockey players are all about thug reputations and topophilia.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Hmm CAL/EDM is only 5-5 for penalty first 4:59 over the last few years. Not great data. All kind of depends on the previous game a lot of the time and if the goons are put on the ice in the first 5 mins. Gonna be tough to really develop something consistent, it looks like I will have to go on gut instincts a lot and if there was beefs the previous game.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Hmm CAL/EDM is only 5-5 for penalty first 4:59 over the last few years. Not great data. All kind of depends on the previous game a lot of the time and if the goons are put on the ice in the first 5 mins. Gonna be tough to really develop something consistent, it looks like I will have to go on gut instincts a lot and if there was beefs the previous game.
    Yeah, also should look at who is still on the team in the enforcer role. Plus, first meeting of the season might be a good reason to stay away, since there's nothing to base a "reaction" on. Maybe we could go through each team, outline the enforcers, and that will create a tier system? For instance, Ottawa would be at the bottom, whereas Toronto would be at the top.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

It's the second meeting of the season actually, and their was some decent beefs. A couple fights, 38 PIM in total. These two teams definitely hate each other I know that. Good idea with the tiers you are on to something. Maybe once more games are played we can use the overall PIM totals per team to work out a value for each game.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

EDM 8th in overall PIM so far, CAL 18th.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    It's the second meeting of the season actually, and their was some decent beefs. A couple fights, 38 PIM in total. These two teams definitely hate each other I know that. Good idea with the tiers you are on to something. Maybe once more games are played we can use the overall PIM totals per team to work out a value for each game.
    Oh, so it is. My mistake.

Once the teams are tiered depending on players, you can then really break it down. See if any rematches are likely, also helps when looking at last season. We can see the likelihood of players fighting in consecutive games against one another. A lot of potential data here. I'll take a deeper look this weekend.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Which sites let you bet penalties?

Vicarious

Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    Which sites let you bet penalties?

he wrote about it in his 5th post of the thread

bwin.com

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post

he wrote about it in his 5th post of the thread

bwin.com
    Now that I see the post it is actually betwin.com and it's not available to Americans

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Damn finally lost one. Both teams came out intense, looked like a hit from behind but no call from the ref

Vicarious

I'm just afther PIT-PHI game hightlights... and IMO you should watch out the next game of these teams, there was almost a global fight at the and of the game, the players will remeber that.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

I'm just afther PIT-PHI game hightlights... and IMO you should watch out the next game of these teams, there was almost a global fight at the and of the game, the players will remeber that.
    I think that would be the data to look at. If there were any major penalties at the end of the previous matchup, what was the propensity for a fighting major to start the rematch. Things like that.

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Take notice of who is coaching also, most times they are the ones who send out the enforcers for retalition etc. Some coaches do this more than others.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by xraygord View Post
    Take notice of who is coaching also, most times they are the ones who send out the enforcers for retalition etc. Some coaches do this more than others.
    Good point. Add that to the tier system.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Yeah my buddy told me about this one, said they absolutely hate each other and he was right.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by xraygord View Post
    Good point Another thing I forgot to take into account is the refs for the game. Some refs are whistle happy some let a lot slide

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Penalty bets 4-1 on the season for inter-division rivals. We have OTT vs MTL tonight with fits the requirement. Hoping for a 5-1 start and proving my system has some credibility

paul8888
    paul8888's Avatar Become A Pro!

what books offer these? i checked on bookmaker, and they dont have it

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by paul8888 View Post
    what books offer these? i checked on Bookmaker, and they dont have it
    Just betwin.com I'm pretty sure. Not available to US though unfortunately.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

4-2 on the year. Fcuk penalty bets, I'm off them.