BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Tired of unders on baseball totals.Hockey will provide overs early.

I'm so friggin tired of how teams have become impotent in scoring runs in baseball.You can tell everyone is staying clear of even taking vitamins these days.Hockey in the first few weeks of the season should be wild and wooly where there will be plenty of separation in scores where pucklines and overs on totals will be covered alot.At least the scores will be higher with more separation than the San Francisco Giants 2-1 soccer score games.Why don't they start using the word nil like they do for soccer when reporting baseball scores these days.Boring for the bettor.

jagerfury
    Grand Salami over 17.5
    jagerfury's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's the O/U record for the first month of hockey going five years back?

Unitage
    Unitage's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jagerfury View Post
    What's the O/U record for the first month of hockey going five years back?
    lol no offense but do you really think anybodys going to have this answer on them? You gotta manually research this up, it wouldnt take too much work either probably 30-45 mins. Id love to know this myself, so go for it. I would think its probably around the 50% mark anyway as variance catches up.

jagerfury
    Grand Salami over 17.5
    jagerfury's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the guy who started this thread should be able to answer this question, you bet.

cwolcott6
    doing it live
    cwolcott6's Avatar Become A Pro!

hmmm....

Bsims
    Bsims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

OK, I took the bait and looked at my data for the last several seasons. I grouped them into the 3 seasons starting in 2005 and looked at last season separately. Under wagers were clear winners in the first three seasons and was more pronounced in the first two months. Last year, it was just the opposite as the overs prevailed and more so early.

I also looked at the percent of one goal wins. The home team won by one goal 24-25% of the time over all seasons and months. The visitors had fewer one goal wins, particularly early. Last season the overall visit by one goal dropped for the season, but was up in the first two months.

My conclusion was that if you bet over early last year, you would have done well (almost well enough to recover your previous season's losses). I have no opinion on puck line bets.

eastvan09
    eastvan09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1728

Nice work on the statistical calculations.

Moving away from stats for a moment. While watching games early in the NHL season I notice team defensive play is in disarray. Some teams problems in their own zone contribute to higher scores early in the season.

TWG1992
    TWG1992's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

The O/U's are out for opening night. I'm liking the O 6 for the Caps/Bruins.