Flyers09
    Flyers09's Avatar Become A Pro!

Richards & Carter played injured

Flyers' Carter played with separated shoulder

Jeff Carter played most of the final four games of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals with a separated right shoulder, a Flyers spokesman said last night.
    Carter scored just one goal in the series, won by the Pittsburgh Penguins in six games.
    Because of the injury, which will not require surgery, Carter will not play in the world championship in Switzerland. He would have competed for Team Canada.
    During the regular season, Carter finished second in the NHL with 46 goals.
    The Flyers, perhaps not wanting Pittsburgh to make hits on their injured centers, did not reveal Carter's injury or Mike Richards' shoulder injuries until this week.
    Richards will have surgery on his right shoulder today and on his left shoulder in two weeks.
    Carter and Richards took a combined 51 shots (30 by Carter) and managed two goals against the Penguins.
    - Sam Carchidi

Flyers09

I believe richards injury, and still put up 5 pts..as for carter, is this just another Philly cover up cause he played like $hit in the playoffs??

Flyers09

then again maybe thats why carter shot mostly ont he back hand......idk

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not surprised at all.

Probably a big reason why the Pens were so dominant of draws.

Flyers09

Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
    Not surprised at all.

Probably a big reason why the Pens were so dominant of draws.

good point, carter usually dominates on draws, but then again crosby wins everyone all the time, so i still dont know what to think....just seems every year there excuse is they are injured, if so why didnt thaty report it earlier, instead of now....i know they dont want the pens to find out n use ti to there advantage...but still,m makes it look like they r trying to find excuses...

Scully
    Scully's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Teams never report key injuries, let alone any injuries, during the course of a postseason series because they obviously don't want the news to leak out to the opposing team.That's why it wasn't reported earlier.

As for injuries and how they (Flyers) seemingly have them every year, I'm not totally sure what you mean by that comment.
    I don't recall any serious injuries of this nature last season when they went to the conference finals.

Afterall, lets face it, a separated shoulder is a separated shoulder and as for Mike Richards, their captain, having surgury to repair both shoulders, which are damaged, is really not a case to draw or add suspicion of any sort.

In closing, I certainly wouldn't consider either of these cases to their two best players an excuse nor would I call the ridiculous hooking call against Carter on Malkin in the dying minutes of game two, which led to the tying goal, an excuse either!
    Then again any other player other than #71, besides Crosby of course, and that call would most definitely have been ignored.
    Last edited by Scully; 05-02-09 at 07:01 AM.

Flyers09

Quote Originally Posted by Scully View Post
    Teams never report key injuries, let alone any injuries, during the course of a postseason series because they obviously don't want the news to leak out to the opposing team.That's why it wasn't reported earlier.

As for injuries and how they (Flyers) seemingly have them every year, I'm not totally sure what you mean by that comment.
    I don't recall any serious injuries of this nature last season when they went to the conference finals.

Afterall, lets face it, a separated shoulder is a separated shoulder and as for Mike Richards, their captain, having surgury to repair both shoulders, which are damaged, is really not a case to draw or add suspicion of any sort.

In closing, I certainly wouldn't consider either of these cases to their two best players an excuse nor would I call the ridiculous hooking call against Carter on Malkin in the dying minutes of game two, which led to the tying goal, an excuse either!
    Then again any other player other than #71, besides Crosby of course, and that call would most definitely have been ignored.

flyers were missing timonem last playoff run, our best defensemen and one of our best defensive/forwards..this game held us to game 6 in my opinion...now as for the hook to malkin, i agree if it was to kennedy, the call would have never been made, but w/e, the nhl is a joke at times...i actually believe if carter "hooked" ovechkin it wouldda been ignored.....but seperated shoulder the guy shouldda never played, he didnt do anything to begin with, they have enough talent to cover carters spot.....

jedipicks
    jedipicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

whaaaaaa my players got hurt whaaaaaaa
    Its part of the game malkin was hurt(cracked 2 ribs) from the second round on of last years playoffs but he didn't tell anyone except some of the players. The only reason I know is one of my neighbors is a former coach of them who still works for the team he told me one time in a passing conversation. Injuries happen all the time. In most sports they go on ir in hockey they tape it up and fight through the pain. Do not think that is why the flyers lost that series. You had basically the same team last year and lost that series too. You know why the flyers hate the penguins and crosby so much? One word answer jealousy. All of the ,flyers organization, the players, and their fans know deep down inside that pittsburgh has better players. It scares them to think that they if they ever want to make it to the cup that they will have to go through pittsburgh that has 2 of the top 5 players in the world to get there.

Flyers09

Quote Originally Posted by jedipicks View Post
    whaaaaaa my players got hurt whaaaaaaa
    Its part of the game malkin was hurt(cracked 2 ribs) from the second round on of last years playoffs but he didn't tell anyone except some of the players. The only reason I know is one of my neighbors is a former coach of them who still works for the team he told me one time in a passing conversation. Injuries happen all the time. In most sports they go on ir in hockey they tape it up and fight through the pain. Do not think that is why the flyers lost that series. You had basically the same team last year and lost that series too. You know why the flyers hate the penguins and crosby so much? One word answer jealousy. All of the ,flyers organization, the players, and their fans know deep down inside that pittsburgh has better players. It scares them to think that they if they ever want to make it to the cup that they will have to go through pittsburgh that has 2 of the top 5 players in the world to get there.

your neighbor was not a coach for the nhl