FreshCoast
    FreshCoast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

I shook hands with Patrick Kane

Just got introduced to him at the Roxy.
    Pretty funny actually. The drummer of the band I was representing said he wants to introduce me to a pro hockey player.

I'm wearing an 94 era Canucks hat,

It's Patrick Kane. Fukkin ginger kid...

I say:
    'Way to get 2 points in that last game against Calgary. I'm rooting for you, I really am.'

I shake his hand and I'm on my way...

wtf, I feel like such a f\*g. I really do respect the guy as a hockey player, but I wish I came up with something better.

And how the fukk are they in vancouver already??

playinragz
    playinragz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

yah know kane grew up in semi bad nieghborhood here in buffalo. south buffalo ny to be exact. like all nhl players he had to be driven miles and miles and miles to games across ca. and us. I dont know him but I can say hes earned it. just like all pro players . no gifts to the nhl. all hard work and family dedication thats why hockey pro's arent arrogant. they paid a price to get to the big leagues.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Haha, I was in PF Changs on Valentines Day last year with the GF, waiting for our table, and in strolls Log Angeles Kings Defenseman Jack Johnson with his parents and little brother.

I got all excited. Went up to him and said "Hey, sorry to bother you, just wanted to let you know I'm a really big fan" and he says thank you and shakes my hand.

That was cool. He didn't have a reservation so he ended up leaving. I wanted to offer him our table, but I don't think the GF would have been too thrilled about it.

This was definitely a cooler Kings sighting than the time I saw Brent Sopel in the local Costco

Flyers09
    Flyers09's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by playinragz View Post
    yah know kane grew up in semi bad nieghborhood here in buffalo. south buffalo ny to be exact. like all nhl players he had to be driven miles and miles and miles to games across ca. and us. I dont know him but I can say hes earned it. just like all pro players . no gifts to the nhl. all hard work and family dedication thats why hockey pro's arent arrogant. they paid a price to get to the big leagues.

crosby

FreshCoast

Nice, NHLers have to be the most humble and approachable of all pro athletes.
    I've met Hank Sedin before, was working in his building, rode the elevator with him. He was bigger than I thought in person, sweedish accents are hilarious. His wife is smoking.

At a Canucks game this year, I think it was against the Ducks. I had a GM place parking pass and Luongo got in the elevator with his wife and kid. All I could say was 'Ahhhhhh' (cute kid, lol) It was when he was injured and he was all spruced up in a nice italian suit. (my girlfriend pretty much creamed her pants)

The best though was a few years ago I was at the movie theatre and I ran into Cliff Ronning. I had to say hi. I shook his hand I was like 'Hi, Mr. Ronning, I sure wish you could come play in vancouver again.' (this was after he destroyed the Canucks in the playoff series vs. the Wild) I was all wide eyed like a little kid. What a class act. Ronning was my childhood hero. I was always a small kid and I just idolised the guy. I ended up being like a half inch taller him, lol. I love Ronning. I'm still cheesed at the Canucks for not picking him up at the end of his carrer, cost us a playoff series...

Kane was the first non-canuck I've ever brushed shoulders with.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

FC, you ever go to the team's practice facility? I miss watching the Kings practice at the Toyota Center and then hanging out outside and shaking hands and getting autos. Most of the guys are really cool.

FreshCoast

I never have, that's a pretty good idea actually. I've been to the rink they train at but never watched a practice. There is a bar with a glass wall overlooking the rink too. What an awesome idea.
    Thanks, I'm going to look into that. Maybe I'll get a chance to give Burrows a high five....

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by FreshCoast View Post
    I never have, that's a pretty good idea actually. I've been to the rink they train at but never watched a practice. There is a bar with a glass wall overlooking the rink too. What an awesome idea.
    Thanks, I'm going to look into that. Maybe I'll get a chance to give Burrows a high five....
    Yeah its a lot of fun! If its anything like the Kings practice, its open to the public, kind of fun to watch your favorite team do drills and stuff and to see what lines are working out together and what not. If you call up the rink they'd probably have the schedule and let you know what their practice schedule is like.

Not sure how much different it'll be since hockey is obviously much bigger in Canada they may not be as approachable, but its worth a shot!

jedipicks
    jedipicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyers09 View Post
    crosby
    Bitter much? I mean I know that 2 years in a row you got ousted by a better team in the pens ,but you seem extra bitter do you watch hockey?

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9026

Quote Originally Posted by FreshCoast View Post
    Nice, NHLers have to be the most humble and approachable of all pro athletes.
    I've met Hank Sedin before, was working in his building, rode the elevator with him. He was bigger than I thought in person, sweedish accents are hilarious. His wife is smoking.

At a Canucks game this year, I think it was against the Ducks. I had a GM place parking pass and Luongo got in the elevator with his wife and kid. All I could say was 'Ahhhhhh' (cute kid, lol) It was when he was injured and he was all spruced up in a nice italian suit. (my girlfriend pretty much creamed her pants)

The best though was a few years ago I was at the movie theatre and I ran into Cliff Ronning. I had to say hi. I shook his hand I was like 'Hi, Mr. Ronning, I sure wish you could come play in vancouver again.' (this was after he destroyed the Canucks in the playoff series vs. the Wild) I was all wide eyed like a little kid. What a class act. Ronning was my childhood hero. I was always a small kid and I just idolised the guy. I ended up being like a half inch taller him, lol. I love Ronning. I'm still cheesed at the Canucks for not picking him up at the end of his carrer, cost us a playoff series...

Kane was the first non-canuck I've ever brushed shoulders with.
    I went to school with Cliff Ronning. Sold firecrackers with him in grade 10 I think.

I also worked with Darcy Rota in the insurance business after he retired.

I has a few beers once with Garth Snow and Todd Bertuzzi in a strip joint downtown Vancouver.