hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hawks will take Game 2

I will bet big on it.

They have shown that they will not crumble when they are down and put up a huge fight in their game 1 win.

They came out timid tonight and it definitely showed at how slow they were period 1 and how nervous they were at the start of the 3rd after tying it up pretty late in the 2nd. They will not have any nerves in Game 2, and if they score the first goal (which I am sure they will) it will be a runaway game. I predict it will be 4-1 or 5-1 if they score first... if Calgary puts an early goal in I predict a 3-1 win.

First period will definitely be over 1.5 as Chicago will come out with a free flowing fast paced game that will not be slowed down by Calgary's physical demeanour. I think that Chicago will have total control throughout and that Calgary will not have a chance and winning this one.

I am bandwagoning the Flames (Leafs/Oil are my teams) but I will without a doubt put my money against them in Game 2.

I would love to hear what everyone else thinks on this... but if I were to put a on something, this would be it.

Flyers09
    Flyers09's Avatar Become A Pro!

jokinen will pull through and win it for the flames

Euphoria38
    Euphoria38's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

You know id rather see Edmonton in there instead of Calgary, the Oil have some more exciting players like Hemsky, Horcoff, and the sniper Souray. And even Kotalik, maybe next year they are young. They also have one hell of a goalie.

Flyers09
    Flyers09's Avatar Become A Pro!

i only like the flmaes cause of jokinen and kipper....thats it....iginlia, never liked his stlye

hels

Funny story Euphoria, back in 06 I told my friend Kasia (she lives in Edmonton) I would come and visit her if the Oilers made the Cup Final.... this was back in December where they didn't look like they had much hope as they weren't anything above standard.... some background on me and Kasia, we met back in the Dominican I think back in 2000.... nothing happened between us sexually, but we quickly became friends and stayed that way ever since...

Well long story short, I flew out to Edmonton and stayed with her 5 days. White Ave. for games 3 and 4 was amazing and it was probably the most excited I have ever seen a city in my life.

Unitage
    Unitage's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Euphoria38 View Post
    You know id rather see Edmonton in there instead of Calgary, the Oil have some more exciting players like Hemsky, Horcoff, and the sniper Souray. And even Kotalik, maybe next year they are young. They also have one hell of a goalie.
    dude are you kidding, they wouldnt do anything this postseason. Theres a reason they completely choked and faded down the stretch.

Euphoria38
    Euphoria38's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Yea Id imagine Gretsky's old stomping grounds has an electric atmosphere... sweet that you got to see those games.

I blame the destruction of the oil on their coach not their talent. They need some veteran defenders and 1 or 2 more solid lines to compete again.

hels

When Pronger got the ultimatum from his wife: Me or Edmonton, he was dumb and choose her. Ever since he's left they have been rebuilding and of course we all know that isn't something that can be done easily or quickly. They do have alot of youthful talent that had problems competing down the stretch. Firing Mactavish isn't going to change anything and I think that was a bad decision by the Oilers management. When rebuilding you need stability somewhere; having a veteran coach is a good way to start.... If they want to change things up with coaching, get new assistant coaches that will play a larger role. I doubt they will be seeing successful results from getting a new coach... just my 2 cents