Isabella
    Isabella's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nhl playoffs all the good teams out early?

canucks bruins penguins redwings blackhawks sharks all teams i had winning there first round are all out. if this trend continues expect the sens to win game 7 and the panthers to win game 7. that means its phillies stanley cup to lose.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

those teams are not good

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    those teams are not good
    None of the teams left are good either but someone has to win.

aznbluff
    Update your status
    aznbluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Blues have been a top 2, arguably the best, team all season long. LA has been a top 10 team all year (despite their place in the standings). Nashville has been top 5 all year.

The only real elite team eliminated so far is Vancouver. Boston was not healthy and it showed. Pittsburgh is a media/public darling; they get overrated year after year because they have the scoring "stars", when the real key of that team is it's defense core, which was not healthy all series.

For a team like St. Louis, they get heavily underrated because they don't score a lot of goals. People don't know how good and effective a hockey player someone like David Backes, TJ Oshie, Alex Steen are. I'd take any of the three over someone like Corey Perry, I'd take Backes over Stamkos, Oshie over Pat Kane. Hockey statistics are in it's infant stages, so the public really doesn't have access to anything to base their opinions off of other than the first 2 columns of a stat sheet. It leads to overrating and underrating of players across the board.

They also have one of the most complete, dominant blue lines post-lockout. 3 extremely good pairings that can all defend and move the puck with the best of them. Pietrangelo was robbed by logistics of the Calder last season, robbed of a Norris nomination this season and, thus, will continue to fly under the radar for another year at least. This is arguably the best defender in the game now, the most impactful player on the ice most every game. In the game earlier this season against Pittsburgh, he outclassed both Crosby and Malkin; but this is a guy that you won't hear anything about. The public still barely knows about him, 95% of people can't pronounce his name and 90% can't spell it. He's not marketed by the media yet either, and the media obviously doesn't respect him enough to give him a Norris nomination that he's fully earned this year.

It's the team that makes Halak and Elliot look good, not the other way around. The Blues are a dominant team with an average goaltender.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10453

would like to see ny rangers lose....that would make pitt, bost and rangers all out 1st round in the east, unreal.....have futures on flor and ott so hedging tonight

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9034

Parody

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

you are wrong and dumb.

icecapper
    icecapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

Brian Burke looks dumber every day with his comments that he didn't want the Leafs to finish 8th and get swept in the first round.

DwightShrute

let's just take a look at both 8th place teams

Ottawa (41-31-10) and LA Kings (40-27-15) Pretty decent records. 8th place!!

The NHL has more parody now than ever. That's indisputable. It's become like the NFL and MLB where just qualifying for the playoffs is a huge achievement. Once you get in, its anyone's game. The healthiest and luckiest team will usually prevail.

NY Giants were 9-7 , won their division, qualified for the playoffs the last day of the season and won the Superbowl

GunnShow
    GunnShow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post

let's just take a look at both 8th place teams

Ottawa (41-31-10) and LA Kings (40-27-15) Pretty decent records. 8th place!!

The NHL has more parody now than ever. That's indisputable. It's become like the NFL and MLB where just qualifying for the playoffs is a huge achievement. Once you get in, its anyone's game. The healthiest and luckiest team will usually prevail.

NY Giants were 9-7 , won their division, qualified for the playoffs the last day of the season and won the Superbowl
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/parity
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/parody
    Sorry, never usually correct spelling or grammar but your post confused me for a minute
    Definitely agree with you that there is much more parity in the NHL ever since the cap era started.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by GunnShow View Post
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/parity
    sorry, never usually correct spelling or grammar but your post confused me for a minute
    thanks

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

blues had a great year, still very much in it. rangers struggling but they are a good team. red wings and blackhawks and sharks were mediocre. predators a solid team with great goaltending. times and teams change, but only real surprise to me is panthers. and senators if they win.