Scully
    Scully's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Flyers Certainly Can't be the Only Team Concerned

Everytime Marty Biron has a bad game in nets for the Philadelphia Flyers, it's not long before the negative reviews begin and the suspect opinions surface regarding the goaltending for the Flyers. Seems I recall the same comments and reviews surfaced to the top prior to last year's postseason as well and low and behold, Philadelphia advacned three rounds before losing in the conference finals to Pittsburgh.
    I wonder what or how the fans and the media of the New Jersey Devils and Washington Capitals are feeling and thinking as the postseason approaches?
    Afterall neither of those two clubs, which are ahead of Philadelphia in the standings, have been getting playoff type netminding either but it seems the only team we hear about on a constant basis are the Flyers.
    How about Miikko Kiprusoff and the Calgary Flames over in the West?
    It only took the Minnesota Wild a mere twenty-nine seconds before they put a pair of goals behind him tonight, enabling Flames head coach Mike Keenan to cast his line out and reel him onto the bench. He has since returned to play but the fact remains that Keenan certainly can't be happy about the goals his starter has been allowing as well.
    The bottom line here is that the Philadelphia Flyers will always create headlines and gossip when their goaltending lands in a divot because it's been the center of attention for seasons on end.
    In fact it might actually take a Stanley Cup celebration to finally remove this topic of discussion from the surroundings of the Flyers netminding once and for all. A trip to the conference finals obviously doesn't cut it!

xmrblueduckyx
    xmrblueduckyx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Scully View Post
    In fact it might actually take a Stanley Cup celebration to finally remove this topic of discussion from the surroundings of the Flyers netminding once and for all. A trip to the conference finals obviously doesn't cut it!
    it definitely will take a stanley cup to get rid of those rumors.
    that's the only way.
    just like the Phillies did about their "mediocre pitching staff".
    Philly needs to WIN before the fans can think other wise.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Devils have no reason to be worried at all, Brodeur is money in the playoffs. The Caps I would be worried, Theodore is not a reliable goalie. I think Philly will be fine with Biron/Nitty in the playoffs as they play a pretty decent team defence. The Flames don't play any D at all and Kipper's stats have steadily declined over the last 4 years so I would definitely be worried. Just look at their late season collapse allowing my Canucks to come back from 15 pts down to tie them for the division lead.