English Bloke
    English Bloke's Avatar Become A Pro!

I Sens a Record

The Ottawa Senators are looking for their 12th straight season of play-off action. After a dire season they have just put together a 5 game winning streak with 4 of those on the road (Much to my betting dismay). My one a day record suffered last night as I convinced myself the Coyotes would end this run. Can the equally poor Avs (Compared to Phoenix) do the job for me?? .....Or can the Sens make history and clinch a perfect 5 game road victory grand slam?? Being a rookie at this game, I'm looking for a bit of NHL wisdom from those more experienced campaigners to point me in the right direction.

GMP

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

i can't name one english bloke in the nhl

"Sic"'s Avatar Become A Pro!

I really like the Avs tonight and Flames

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

I don't know much, but I DO know that winning all five games on a road trip beats astronomical odds.

"Sic"'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Especially when they've been so horrible on the road also floridagolfer.. Gotta figure they're a little tired

wannabet
    wannabet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting write-up. I don't think they;ll make the playoffs, I'd say they will win tonight. They have talent, but this just isn't there year. Maybe they can keep a little streak going now, but it's only because Colorado has no talent whatsoever. Their leading scorer is a pretty horrrible player,, can't even recall his name he's so bad.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by English Bloke View Post
    The Ottawa Senators are looking for their 12th straight season of play-off action. After a dire season they have just put together a 5 game winning streak with 4 of those on the road (Much to my betting dismay). My one a day record suffered last night as I convinced myself the Coyotes would end this run. Can the equally poor Avs (Compared to Phoenix) do the job for me?? .....Or can the Sens make history and clinch a perfect 5 game road victory grand slam?? Being a rookie at this game, I'm looking for a bit of NHL wisdom from those more experienced campaigners to point me in the right direction.

I think Colorado wins tonight, if you want my opinion. Also, I can almost guarantee Ottawa's playoff streak will be broken this year.

Alfie11
    Alfie11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I a true Sens fan I can tell you that this team doesn't look anything like the Senators that played in the first 49 games of the season. Since they have fired Hartsburg and ever since Clouston took over they look like a completely different team...Their new style is aggressive play in all zones and considering the expectations couldn't get any lower for the Sens, I feel they will turn things around and make a strong run towards the playoffs but fall short and end up in the 80-85 point range.

As for tonight's game, how can you discount a team that came back from a 3-0 1st period deficit against Minnesota to win 5-3...no team has ever come back to beat MIN when trailing by 3 and that is the sort of game that gives the team the confidence they need to win...

I say Sens beat Colorado and finish the road trip 5/5.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colorado wins tonight.

English Bloke
    English Bloke's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cheers Guys. I think it's the Avs for me tonight to snap the Sens. Hey Pico, can you lend me a couple of million as you are about a billion units up.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

what an ending!

Colorado now 10-1 when its tied at the end of regulation.

Ottawa ran out the last 30 seconds of regulation rather than go for the win, so...