danhimal
    danhimal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5766

Quote Originally Posted by HawthornHawks View Post
    Im not trying to be a knob mate.... but potentially losing around 33-35 units per ABC play with those odds?? is that right??
    Me neither, just insinuating some of us can be insane.

Wallco99
    Wallco99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39320

Oblivious To The Obvious

hh

ken23lau
    ken23lau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6394

Personally, I play this system on a labby and set the tolerance at a max of -231. Otherwise, I skip the A bet. If it's a B bet and it exceeds the threshold, I play the ML. Helps me keep the risk in check and has worked out well so far.

liqidzen
    Update your status
    liqidzen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3468

Quote Originally Posted by HawthornHawks View Post
    Columbus are like a $1.38 (-260) line play, surely those odds are insane to take on a progressive play system? are you really going to chase that down in a B Bet??? and why do the Islanders play today?? they havent loss 3 ATS in a row??? Flyers play tomorrow....
    short odds implies low risk.
    Last edited by liqidzen; 11-19-16 at 05:42 AM.

danhimal

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2016-17 System to Date: 34-1
    A(fin.series)
    System
    lProfit/Loss: +2.44 unit(s)A(fin.series)
    Current Open Series: 1
    A(-2.70 units)

(11/18/16):
    #36LColumbus (+1½)Lv1l(A)L- Win

v1 Fades
    (A) 17-10
    (B) 4-6
    (C) 6-0
    Losses: None

v2 Plays
    (A) 6-3
    (B) 1-2
    (C) 1-1
    Losses:
    BUF (-31.56u)

Games for (11/19/16):
    #35LEdmonton (+1½) @ DallasLv2l(B)L(7:05 pm EST)
    #37LTampa Bay @ Philadelphia (M/L)Lv1l(A)L(1:05 pm EST)
    #38LPittsburgh @ Buffalo (+1½)Lv2l(A)L(7:05 pm EST)

** Denotes lines not available at time of post.

Note: The lines I have listed were the current lines at the time of my post and may not reflect the final lines used to determine wins & losses, or line changes later in the day. Get proper line if different than the one I have posted, based on the criteria that I have listed below.

Do not place any wagers on teams unless you are sure your team is the dog or favorite.
    The team underlined and highlighted blue is the team we are betting on, regardless of v1 or v2. If you play the closer line games too early, you may be overpaying for a loss if you play the P/L and should have been on the M/L, or lose a game that you would have won had you been on the (M/L) instead of the (+1½). We will always play the M/L on M/L favorites and games when the line is (-110/-110) or (-105/-105), and always play the (+1½) if the team we are betting on is a M/L dog. ALL results will be based on this principle. If it is a close line game, you may want to wait till closer to game time to place your wager so you know whether or not we are on the (+1½) or the (M/L). You may need to buy the alternate line(+1½) on occasion if the M/L dog team we are betting on is the (-1½) team with your individual book. All lines and standings are based on FINAL lines from ScoresandOdds.com. If one of the teams we are playing switches from a favorite to a dog, or vice versa, after my initial post, make sure you get the appropriate line if it differs from what I have posted. The wins and losses will be based on who is the M/L dog team on ScoresandOdds.com final lines.

System rules and back test can be found in posts #4197 & #4198.
    Last edited by danhimal; 11-19-16 at 11:49 AM.
    Points Awarded:

skyscrapers gave danhimal 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

danhimal

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2016-17 System to Date: 36-1
    A(fin.series)
    System
    lProfit/Loss: +4.44 unit(s)A(fin.series)
    A(-1.17 units)

(11/19/16):
    #35LEdmonton (+1½)Lv2l(B)L- Win
    #37LPhiladelphia (M/L)Lv1l(A)L- Loss
    #38LBuffalo (+1½)Lv2l(A)L- Win

v1 Fades
    (A) 17-11
    (B) 4-6
    (C) 6-0

v2 Plays
    (A) 7-3
    (B) 2-2
    (C) 1-1
    Losses:
    BUF (-31.56u)

Games for (11/20/16):
    #39LColumbus @ Washington (M/L)Lv1l(A)L(12:35 pm EST)
    #40LWinnipeg (+1½) @ CarolinaLv1l(A)L(5:05 pm EST)

Note: The lines I have listed were the current lines at the time of my post and may not reflect the final lines used to determine wins & losses, or line changes later in the day. Get proper line if different than the one I have posted, based on the criteria that I have listed below.

Do not place any wagers on teams unless you are sure your team is the dog or favorite.
    The team underlined and highlighted blue is the team we are betting on, regardless of v1 or v2. If you play the closer line games too early, you may be overpaying for a loss if you play the P/L and should have been on the M/L, or lose a game that you would have won had you been on the (M/L) instead of the (+1½). We will always play the M/L on M/L favorites and games when the line is (-110/-110) or (-105/-105), and always play the (+1½) if the team we are betting on is a M/L dog. ALL results will be based on this principle. If it is a close line game, you may want to wait till closer to game time to place your wager so you know whether or not we are on the (+1½) or the (M/L). You may need to buy the alternate line(+1½) on occasion if the M/L dog team we are betting on is the (-1½) team with your individual book. All lines and standings are based on FINAL lines from ScoresandOdds.com. If one of the teams we are playing switches from a favorite to a dog, or vice versa, after my initial post, make sure you get the appropriate line if it differs from what I have posted. The wins and losses will be based on who is the M/L dog team on ScoresandOdds.com final lines.

Points Awarded:

Andy3568 gave danhimal 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

danhimal

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2016-17 System to Date: 36-1
    A(fin.series)
    System
    lProfit/Loss: +4.44 unit(s)A(fin.series)
    Current Open Series: 3
    A(-5.27 units)

(11/20/16):
    #39LWashington (M/L)Lv1l(A)L- Loss
    #40LWinnipeg (+1½)Lv1l(A)L- Loss

v1 Fades
    (A) 17-11
    (B) 4-6
    (C) 6-0

v2 Plays
    (A) 6-4
    (B) 2-2
    (C) 1-1
    Losses:
    BUF (-31.56u)

Games for (11/21/16):
    #37LTampa Bay @ Nashville (M/L)Lv1l(B)L(8:05 pm EST)
    #39LColorado (+1½) @ ColumbusLv1l(B)L(7:05 pm EST)
    #41LNew Jersey @ San Jose (M/L)Lv2l(A)L(10:35 pm EST)

#40LResumes v1l(B) on 11/22/16

Last edited by danhimal; 11-21-16 at 02:22 PM.
    Points Awarded:

mcmister gave danhimal 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

danhimal

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2016-17 System to Date: 39-1
    A(fin.series)
    System
    lProfit/Loss: +7.44 unit(s)A(fin.series)
    A(-2.30 units)

(11/21/16):
    #37LNashville (M/L)Lv1l(B)L- Win
    #39LColorado (+1½)Lv1l(B)L- Win
    #41LSan Jose (M/L)Lv2l(A)L- Win

v1 Fades
    (A) 17-11
    (B) 6-6
    (C) 6-0

v2 Plays
    (A) 7-4
    (B) 2-2
    (C) 1-1
    Losses:
    BUF (-31.56u)

Games for (11/22/16):
    #40LCarolina @ Toronto (M/L)Lv1l(B)L(7:05 pm EST)
    #42LSt. Louis @ Boston (M/L)Lv1l(A)L(7:05 pm EST)

Points Awarded:

LuckyBeans gave danhimal 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

danhimal

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2016-17 System to Date: 39-1
    A(fin.series)
    System
    lProfit/Loss: +7.44 unit(s)A(fin.series)
    Current Open Series: 2
    A(-7.97 units)

(11/22/16):
    #40LToronto (M/L)Lv1l(B)L- Loss
    #42LBoston (M/L)Lv1l(A)L- Loss

v1 Fades
    (A) 17-14
    (B) 6-7
    (C) 6-0

v2 Plays
    (A) 7-4
    (B) 2-2
    (C) 1-1
    Losses:
    BUF (-31.56u)

Games for (11/23/16):
    #42LSt. Louis @ Washington (M/L)Lv1l(B)L(7:05 pm EST)
    #43LWinnipeg (+1½) @ MinnesotaLv2l(A)L(7:05 pm EST)
    #44LN.Y. Islanders (+1½) @ Los AngelesLv1l(A)L(10:35 pm EST)

#40LResumes v1l(C) on 11/24/16

Points Awarded:

JKEGS81 gave danhimal 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Wallco99

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

TechnicalTrader
    Empty your mind... be water my friend!
    TechnicalTrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2315

Quote Originally Posted by Wallco99 View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
    Thanks Wallco.

Just attempting to be helpful here, not trolling like that other guy....

Have you ever thought about only playing the B and C games, while chasing only once? The reason why I ask is because I have been very successful doing exactly that with your basic system, used on the ATP. I wait for a B game and only chase once. By doing so, I can risk more and chase less, obviously. Let me know if I messed this up but here are the results I found and how this system would've done had you only played the B and C game:

By playing only two games, rather than three, the revised target profit would be 3.5 units, rather than 1 unit.

As you can see, the average odds we get is around -154 (to make things easier in excel, I use decimal odds 1.65 = -154). By betting to earn 3.5 units, our A bet would be 5.40 units and C bet 13.7 units (total risk 19.1).

Risk Odds (Dec.) Profit Total Risk
    B Bet 5.39 1.65 3.50
    C Bet 13.70 1.65 8.89 19.10

So assuming we played only the B and C games, this would've been our results from 2006-2011 (I'd need to dig up the other seasons stats but the results are pretty much the same throughout each season):

Record Units W/L Total Profit Total Profit Wallco
    2010-11 W 89 311.5 191.5 115.37
    L 6 120
    2009-10 W 77 269.5 169.5 144.75
    L 5 100
    2008-09 W 71 248.5 88.5 80.37
    L 8 160
    2007-08 W 82 287 27 -8.36
    L 13 260
    2006-07 W 82 287 167 132.47
    L 6 120
    2005-06 W 76 266 146 -11.33
    L 6 120
    789.5 453.27

Again, I'm not trying to troll or be a dick like that other douche, just want to help out here...
    Points Awarded:

thekoreanmang gave TechnicalTrader 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JKEGS81 gave TechnicalTrader 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

thekoreanmang
    thekoreanmang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2317

Wow. Great stuff, TT.

TechnicalTrader

Thanks Mang, taking things one step further:

Exponential growth at 3.5% profit per chase over 89 bets would be 21.36X original BR
    Exponential growth at 1% profit per chase over over 242 bets would be 11.11X original BR

These numbers do not tell the truth though, because you will never win 89 or 242 series in a row. Lets look at a series of 10 wins:

With exponential growth at 3.5% profit per chase over 10 bets, your RoI would be +40%
    With exponential growth at 1% profit per chase over 10 bets, your RoI would be +11.5%

Do the math, it really isn't that difficult...

I understand that certain people need/want daily action and a three game chase is great for that, but if you wan't to maximize your profits, I really recommend to wait for the B bet and chase only once.

One more thing, adjusting your unit size daily is the way to go. Betting a set unit size throughout the entire season is not very professional.

sedwards86
    sedwards86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 444

Your strategy is a very good one, TechnicalTrader. The one disadvantage I see is that you will miss out on all of the A bets that win or cover.

TechnicalTrader

Yes, but in the long run you will make more money.

You play a lot less bets but your profit and risk is much much higher.

Let's assume you are single... Would you rather have sex with 6 dimes over a span of four weeks and have a very low risk of getting an STD, or would you rather have sex with 30 average girls over four weeks with a much higher risk of catching an STD?

Sure, you'll get a lot more action, but you'll have way more fun with the dime pieces, along with a much lower risk of having a deformed d!ck...

sedwards86

Lol great analogy

JKEGS81
    JKEGS81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2916

TT, I've noticed you and thekoreanmang for the last few months and really appreciate both your helpful input and efforts on this forum, you're both a lot like me in the way you think and and come from the perspective of greatest returns, and always operate with professionalism. Anyway I've also been following Wallco99 for years and he and a few others on here are great - this system here obviously rocks the way it is and yet I've been playing it with only the B and C games the last two years just like you describe above and I can share from experience it has worked outstanding! Best wishes to all this year, and Happy Turkey Day!

thekoreanmang

Quote Originally Posted by TechnicalTrader View Post
    Yes, but in the long run you will make more money.

You play a lot less bets but your profit and risk is much much higher.

Let's assume you are single... Would you rather have sex with 6 dimes over a span of four weeks and have a very low risk of getting an STD, or would you rather have sex with 30 average girls over four weeks with a much higher risk of catching an STD?

Sure, you'll get a lot more action, but you'll have way more fun with the dime pieces, along with a much lower risk of having a deformed d!ck...
    Amazing strategy. Amazing analogy. 6 dimes in 4 wks is actually a lot. I think 6 dimes in a year is a lot for even the above avg dude.

TechnicalTrader

Thanks guys!

Jkeg, please help us all out and share your wisdom/experience.

This place can be a pretty cold, wicked gathering for some class act jerkoffs... We need more people like Mang, Wallco or DoubleDimes in here. This place would be so much better and way more productive if we could just focus on being great at what we love. I love sports, I love numbers... Let's make some money!!

Mang, if this is done correctly, you could literally land 6 dimes in 4 weeks! Ha, you walked in to that one. What a set up!!!

thekoreanmang

Do 10 dimes equate to a Susan B. Anthony then?

Sorry, I've been a dad for a year now so I've been perfecting my dad jokes like nobody's business.

thekoreanmang

Quote Originally Posted by JKEGS81 View Post
    TT, I've noticed you and thekoreanmang for the last few months and really appreciate both your helpful input and efforts on this forum, you're both a lot like me in the way you think and and come from the perspective of greatest returns, and always operate with professionalism. Anyway I've also been following Wallco99 for years and he and a few others on here are great - this system here obviously rocks the way it is and yet I've been playing it with only the B and C games the last two years just like you describe above and I can share from experience it has worked outstanding! Best wishes to all this year, and Happy Turkey Day!
    Dang! Nice to know that at least someone else has been testing this strat out to some degree. There certainly have been times where I have missed A bets and have just bet heavier on the B bets to similar success. I still have been betting the As but with TT's backtesting I certainly feel a lot more confident to go in that direction on a more regular basis.

Thank you for the kind words. I think it's important for all of us to try and reclaim the positivity and collaboration in this forum in an effort to produce results for all involved.

I've come and gone on this forum a bit but in the past year I would say TechnicalTrader, doubledime and Wallco99 (and those who have been updating in his stead) have been wonderful contributors.

I've always though CBB was a big money suck, but I've ventured over into that SBR forum and have seen that these threads have gotten the most hits:

http://www.sportsbookreview.com/foru...read-p641.html

http://www.sportsbookreview.com/foru...tball-betting/

TechnicalTrader

Quote Originally Posted by thekoreanmang View Post
    Do 10 dimes equate to a Susan B. Anthony then?

Sorry, I've been a dad for a year now so I've been perfecting my dad jokes like nobody's business.
    Congrats my man! Nothing better than having a kid! I might have to leave work early today. Thanks for reminding me about how great it is to be a parent!!

oilcountry99
    oilcountry99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1094

Thanks Wallco.

Just attempting to be helpful here, not trolling like that other guy....

By playing only two games, rather than three, the revised target profit would be 3.5 units, rather than 1 unit.

As you can see, the average odds we get is around -154 (to make things easier in excel, I use decimal odds 1.65 = -154). By betting to earn 3.5 units, our A bet would be 5.40 units and C bet 13.7 units (total risk 19.1).

Risk Odds (Dec.) Profit Total Risk
    B Bet 5.39 1.65 3.50
    C Bet 13.70 1.65 8.89 19.10
    TT, appreciate your contribution's to the forum, always an interesting read. I was just curious how you arrived at average odds of -154? I'm also wondering if you had a 'worst case scenario' in terms of odds. Sometimes buying the +1.5 PL can come at hefty odds as well as big favs. Based on your research and averages used this appears to be a nice formula.

TechnicalTrader

Quote Originally Posted by oilcountry99 View Post
    TT, appreciate your contribution's to the forum, always an interesting read. I was just curious how you arrived at average odds of -154? I'm also wondering if you had a 'worst case scenario' in terms of odds. Sometimes buying the +1.5 PL can come at hefty odds as well as big favs. Based on your research and averages used this appears to be a nice formula.

Oil, good to hear from you. I'm assuming you are the same Oil as from across the street? I love that road team parlay thread!

I simply calculated what the avg unit size was, based on the losses Wallco posted in the OP of this thread. I'd say, worst case scenario, your loss will be about 30-35 units a series. That is on a A-B-C chase, much lesson a two game chase.

liqidzen
    Update your status
    liqidzen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3468

One more thing, adjusting your unit size daily is the way to go. Betting a set unit size throughout the entire season is not very professional.
    Technicaltrader, how would you reccomend adjusting your unit size per day? Would it be a percentage of your bankroll? What percentage do you use? I have a spreadsheet I use at the moment but have been putting off upgrading it, this might be a good time to set it up over the break.
    Cheers and thanks for the input.

danhimal

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2016-17 System to Date: 40-1
    A(fin.series)
    System
    lProfit/Loss: +8.44 unit(s)A(fin.series)
    Current Open Series: 3
    A(-10.44 units)

(11/23/16):
    #42LWashington (M/L)Lv1l(B)L- Win
    #43LWinnipeg (+1½)Lv2l(A)L- Loss
    #44LN.Y. Islanders (+1½)Lv1l(A)L- Loss

v1 Fades
    (A) 17-15
    (B) 7-7
    (C) 6-0

v2 Plays
    (A) 7-5
    (B) 2-2
    (C) 1-1
    Losses:
    BUF (-31.56u)

Games for (11/24/16):
    #40LCarolina @ Montreal (M/L)Lv1l(C)L(7:35 pm EST)

#43LResumes v2l(B) on 11/25/16
    #44LResumes v1l(B) on 11/26/16

Last edited by danhimal; 11-24-16 at 03:08 PM.

danhimal

Finally got everything cooking! Some spare time to post and check out the action for today.

Happy Thanksgiving!

TechnicalTrader

Quote Originally Posted by liqidzen View Post
    Technicaltrader, how would you reccomend adjusting your unit size per day? Would it be a percentage of your bankroll? What percentage do you use? I have a spreadsheet I use at the moment but have been putting off upgrading it, this might be a good time to set it up over the break.
    Cheers and thanks for the input.
    In this case, I'd use the above posted numbers: 5.39% and 13.70% on the C bet and adjust daily
    Last edited by TechnicalTrader; 11-24-16 at 03:24 PM.

oilcountry99

Oil, good to hear from you. I'm assuming you are the same Oil as from across the street? I love that road team parlay thread!

I simply calculated what the avg unit size was, based on the losses Wallco posted in the OP of this thread. I'd say, worst case scenario, your loss will be about 30-35 units a series. That is on a A-B-C chase, much lesson a two game chase.
    Same old Oil, LOL! Thanks for the response. Road Parlay is great, still wish I could find a profitable way to play the opposite side (HOME DOGS).

TechnicalTrader

Quote Originally Posted by oilcountry99 View Post
    Same old Oil, LOL! Thanks for the response. Road Parlay is great, still wish I could find a profitable way to play the opposite side (HOME DOGS).
    Some things are meant to be some things are not. Walk away from it if you can't find anything close towhat you are looking for. I've been there hundred of times... ;(

I honestly don't see that much value in home teams in the NHL, not even home dogs. Have you looked in to away team dogs??

oilcountry99

In this case, I'd use the above posted numbers: 5.39% and 13.70% on the C bet and adjust daily
    TT, Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post.
    Wouldn't it make sense to adjust your 'to win' meaning your 3.5% profit goal? So risk to win 3.5% of your daily BR.

Wallco99

Yes, I am pretty sure his loss assessment amounts are incorrect, since he used an average line instead of actual lines. I am pretty sure I ran B & C only numbers when doing my long term backtest, and came to the conclusion that the most profit was derived from playing the large amount of "A" bets. Re-run ACTUAL series with the exact lines for each game as I did originally, not an assumption of what loss amounts would be, then come to a conclusion. Your data is much too inconsistent to prematurely post in this thread as an alternative strategy for playing my system.

danhimal

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2016-17 System to Date: 41-1
    A(fin.series)
    System
    lProfit/Loss: +9.44 unit(s)A(fin.series)
    A(-3.85 units)

(11/24/16):
    #40LMontreal (M/L)Lv1l(C)L- Win

v1 Fades
    (A) 17-15
    (B) 7-7
    (C) 7-0

v2 Plays
    (A) 7-5
    (B) 2-2
    (C) 1-1
    Losses:
    BUF (-31.56u)

Games for (11/25/16):
    #43LWinnipeg (+1½) @ NashvilleLv2l(B)L(6:05 pm EST)
    #45LEdmonton @ Arizona (+1½)Lv1l(A)L(9:05 pm EST)

#44LResumes v1l(B) on 11/26/16

Last edited by danhimal; 11-25-16 at 10:57 AM.
    Points Awarded:

sedwards86

So today it looks like Anaheim is both a v1 and v2 A bet. Then Chicago is a v1 B bet (#44).
    Last edited by sedwards86; 11-26-16 at 03:45 PM. Reason: I forgot some information

danhimal

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2016-17 System to Date: 42-1
    A(fin.series)
    System
    lProfit/Loss: +10.44 unit(s)A(fin.series)
    A(-9.43 units)

(11/25/16):
    #43LWinnipeg (+1½) @ NashvilleLv2l(B)L- Loss
    #45LEdmonton @ Arizona (+1½)Lv1l(A)L- Win

v1 Fades
    (A) 18-15
    (B) 7-7
    (C) 7-0

v2 Plays
    (A) 7-5
    (B) 2-3
    (C) 1-1
    Losses:
    BUF (-31.56u)

Games for (11/26/16):
    #44LChicago (+1½) @ Los AngelesLv1l(B)L(10:35 pm EST)
    #46LAnaheim (+1½) @ San JoseLv1l(A)L(10:35 pm EST)
    #47LAnaheim (+1½) @ San JoseLv2l(A)L(10:35 pm EST)

#43LResumes v2l(C) on 11/26/16

Points Awarded:

First ... 158159160161162163164 ... Last