Wallco99
    Wallco99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39326

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2015-16 System to Date: 81-2A(fin. series)
    SystemlProfit/Loss: +40.91 unitsA(fin. series)
    Current Open Series: 1 (-2.30 units)

(12/21/15):
    #75LToronto (+1½)Lv1l(C) - Win
    #76LCarolina (+1½)Lv1l(C) - Win
    #79LPittsburgh (M/L)Lv2l(B) - Win
    #82LPhiladelphia (+1½)Lv1l(A) - Win
    #83LMontreal (+1½)Lv2l(A) - Loss
    #84LN.Y. Islanders (M/L)Lv2l(A) - Win

v1 Fades
    (A) 42-19
    (B) 11-8

(C) 6-2
    Losses: MON (-25.68 u), EDM (-14.41 u)

v2 Plays
    (A) 16-7
    (B) 4-2

(C) 2-0
    Losses: None

Games for (12/22/15):
    #83LMontreal (+1½) @ MinnesotaLv2l(B)L(8:05 pm EST)
    #85LSt. Louis (+1½) @ BostonLv1l(A)L(7:05 pm EST)
    #86LChicago @ Dallas (M/L)Lv1l(A)L(8:35 pm EST)
    #87LAnaheim @ N.Y. Rangers (M/L)Lv2l(A)L(7:05 pm EST)

Note: The lines I have listed were the current lines at the time of my post and may not reflect the final lines used to determine wins & losses, or line changes later in the day. Get proper line if different than the one I have posted, based on the criteria that I have listed below.

Do not place any wagers on teams unless you are sure your team is the dog or favorite. The team underlined and highlighted blue is the team we are betting on, regardless of v1 or v2. If you play the closer line games too early, you may be overpaying for a loss if you play the P/L and should have been on the M/L, or lose a game that you would have won had you been on the (M/L) instead of the (+1½). We will always play the M/L if the team we are betting on is the M/L favorite or in games when the line is (-110/-110) or (-105/-105), and always play the (+1½) if the team we are betting on is a M/L dog. ALL results will be based on this principle. If it is a close line game, you may want to wait til closer to game time to place your wager so you know whether or not we are on the (+1½) or the (M/L). You may need to buy the alternate line (+1½) on occasion if the M/L dog team we are betting on is the (-1½) team with your individual book. All lines and standings are based on FINAL lines from ScoresandOdds.com/. If one of the teams we are playing switches from a favorite to a dog, or vice versa, after my initial post, make sure you get the appropriate line if it differs from what I have posted. The wins and losses will be based on who is the M/L dog team on ScoresandOdds.com/ final lines.
    System rules and backtest can be found in posts #4197 & #4198.
    Last edited by Wallco99; 12-22-15 at 12:27 PM.
    Points Awarded:

azsportswin gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

skyscrapers gave Wallco99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

liqidzen gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

slohar
    slohar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4668

Something is not right. St. Louis is playing Boston tonight. Nashville does not play.

Looks like we are fading Boston instead of Nashville. Boston has won 3 in a row. Nashville has won 2 in a row.
    Last edited by slohar; 12-22-15 at 11:39 AM.

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2015-16 System to Date: 85-2A(fin. series)
    SystemlProfit/Loss: +44.91 unitsA(fin. series)
    Current Open Series: 0

(12/22/15):
    #83LMontreal (+1½)Lv2l(B) - Win
    #85LSt. Louis (+1½)Lv1l(A) - Win
    #86LDallas (M/L)Lv1l(A) - Win
    #87LN.Y. Rangers (M/L)Lv2l(A) - Win

v1 Fades
    (A) 44-19
    (B) 11-8

(C) 6-2

v2 Plays
    (A) 17-7
    (B) 5-2

(C) 2-0

There are no system plays until (12/26/15)

Do not place any wagers on teams unless you are sure your team is the dog or favorite. The team underlined and highlighted blue is the team we are betting on, regardless of v1 or v2. If you play the closer line games too early, you may be overpaying for a loss if you play the P/L and should have been on the M/L, or lose a game that you would have won had you been on the (M/L) instead of the (+1½). We will always play the M/L if the team we are betting on is the M/L favorite or in games when the line is (-110/-110) or (-105/-105), and always play the (+1½) if the team we are betting on is a M/L dog. ALL results will be based on this principle. If it is a close line game, you may want to wait til closer to game time to place your wager so you know whether or not we are on the (+1½) or the (M/L). You may need to buy the alternate line (+1½) on occasion if the M/L dog team we are betting on is the (-1½) team with your individual book. All lines and standings are based on FINAL lines from ScoresandOdds.com/. If one of the teams we are playing switches from a favorite to a dog, or vice versa, after my initial post, make sure you get the appropriate line if it differs from what I have posted. The wins and losses will be based on who is the M/L dog team on ScoresandOdds.com/ final lines.
    Last edited by Wallco99; 12-23-15 at 09:07 AM.
    Points Awarded:

analyzer gave Wallco99 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

njb5572 gave Wallco99 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD

v1 Fades
    (A) 44-19
    (B) 11-8

(C) 6-2

v2 Plays
    (A) 17-7
    (B) 5-2

(C) 2-0

There are no system plays until (12/26/15)

Wallco99

Merry Christmas Eve!!!
    Points Awarded:

analyzer
    analyzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9236

Merry Christmas Eve Wallco!

Miggs
    Miggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2244

What a season so far - Merry Christmas Eve Wallco!

splitH
    splitH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3114

happy holidays

Wallco99

Name:  evil-santa1.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  7.8 KB

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD

v1 Fades
    (A) 44-19
    (B) 11-8

(C) 6-2

v2 Plays
    (A) 17-7
    (B) 5-2

(C) 2-0

Games for (12/26/15):
    #88LDallas @ St. Louis (M/L)Lv1l(A)L(8:05 pm EST)
    #89LMontreal (+1½) @ WashingtonLv1l(A)L(7:05 pm EST)

Note: The lines I have listed were the current lines at the time of my post and may not reflect the final lines used to determine wins & losses, or line changes later in the day. Get proper line if different than the one I have posted, based on the criteria that I have listed below.

Points Awarded:

takethepnts gave Wallco99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Ace-bryan gave Wallco99 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2015-16 System to Date: 86-2A(fin. series)
    SystemlProfit/Loss: +45.91 unitsA(fin. series)
    Current Open Series: 1 (-2.00 units)

(12/26/15):
    #88LSt. Louis (M/L)Lv1l(A) - Win
    #89LMontreal (+1½)Lv1l(A) - Loss

v1 Fades
    (A) 45-20
    (B) 11-8

(C) 6-2

v2 Plays
    (A) 17-7
    (B) 5-2

(C) 2-0

There are no system plays for (12/27/15):

#89LResumes v1l(B) on 12/28/15

Points Awarded:

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    Current Open Series: 1 (-2.00 units)

v1 Fades
    (A) 45-20
    (B) 11-8

(C) 6-2

v2 Plays
    (A) 17-7
    (B) 5-2

(C) 2-0

Games for (12/28/15):
    #89LWashington @ Buffalo (+1½)Lv1l(B)L(7:05 pm EST)

Points Awarded:

analyzer gave Wallco99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    Current Open Series: 1 (-8.90 units)

(12/28/15):
    #89LBuffalo (+1½)Lv1l(B) - Loss

v1 Fades
    (A) 45-20
    (B) 11-9

(C) 6-2

v2 Plays
    (A) 17-7
    (B) 5-2

(C) 2-0

Games for (12/29/15):
    #89LResumes v1l(C) on 12/30/15
    #90LMontreal (+1½) @ FloridaLv1l(A)L(7:35 pm EST)
    #91LOttawa @ Boston (M/L)Lv2l(A)L(7:05 pm EST)

Points Awarded:

Andy3568 gave Wallco99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2015-16 System to Date: 87-2A(fin. series)
    SystemlProfit/Loss: +46.91 unitsA(fin. series)
    Current Open Series: 2 (-11.05 units)

(12/29/15):
    #90LMontreal (+1½)Lv1l(A) - Loss
    #91LBoston (M/L)Lv2l(A) - Win

v1 Fades
    (A) 45-21
    (B) 11-9

(C) 6-2

v2 Plays
    (A) 18-7
    (B) 5-2

(C) 2-0

Games for (12/30/15):
    #89LBuffalo (+1½) @ WashingtonLv1l(C)L(7:05 pm EST)
    #90LResumes v1l(B) on 1/2/16

Points Awarded:

Igor_1965
    200 Independence Avenue
    Igor_1965's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 257

-135 to -150, this is a great wager

best of luck to those who take it

bravoman81
    bravoman81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2095

caps playing out of their minds right now.

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2015-16 System to Date: 87-3A(fin. series)
    SystemlProfit/Loss: +24.15 unitsA(fin. series)
    Current Open Series: 1 (-2.15 units)

(12/30/15):
    #89LBuffalo (+1½)Lv1l(C) - Loss

v1 Fades
    (A) 45-21
    (B) 11-9

(C) 6-3
    Losses: MON (-25.68 u), EDM (-14.41 u), WAS (-22.76 u)

v2 Plays
    (A) 18-7
    (B) 5-2

(C) 2-0

Games for (12/31/15):
    #92LL.A. Kings @ Calgary (+1½)Lv1l(A)L(9:05 pm EST)
    #93LWashington @ Carolina (**)Lv1l(A)L(6:05 pm EST)

** Denotes line not available at time of post.

Points Awarded:

Wallco99

Happy New Year.

analyzer
    analyzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9236

Happy New Year!

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2015-16 System to Date: 88-3A(fin. series)
    SystemlProfit/Loss: +25.15 unitsA(fin. series)
    Current Open Series: 2 (-4.75 units)

(12/31/15):
    #92LCalgary (+1½)Lv1l(A) - Loss
    #93LCarolina (+1½)Lv1l(A) - Win

v1 Fades
    (A) 46-22
    (B) 11-9

(C) 6-3

v2 Plays
    (A) 18-7
    (B) 5-2

(C) 2-0

Games for (1/1/16):
    #92LResumes v1l(B) on 1/2/16
    #94LAnaheim @ Vancouver (M/L)Lv1l(A)L(10:05 pm EST)

Points Awarded:

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2015-16 System to Date: 89-3A(fin. series)
    SystemlProfit/Loss: +26.15 unitsA(fin. series)
    Current Open Series: 2 (-4.75 units)

(1/1/16):
    #94LVancouver (+1½)Lv1l(A) - Win

v1 Fades
    (A) 47-22
    (B) 11-9

(C) 6-3

v2 Plays
    (A) 18-7
    (B) 5-2

(C) 2-0

Games for (1/2/16):
    #90LN.Y. Rangers (+1½) @ FloridaLv1l(B)L(7:05 pm EST)
    #92LPhiladelphia (+1½) @ L.A. KingsLv1l(B)L(4:05 pm EST)
    #95LDetroit (M/L) @ BuffaloLv2l(A)L(1:05 pm EST)

Points Awarded:

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2015-16 System to Date: 91-3A(fin. series)
    SystemlProfit/Loss: +28.15 unitsA(fin. series)
    Current Open Series: 1 (-11.91 units)

(1/2/16):
    #90LN.Y. Rangers (+1½)Lv1l(B) - Loss
    #92LPhiladelphia (+1½)Lv1l(B) - Win
    #95LDetroit (M/L)Lv2l(A) - Win

v1 Fades
    (A) 47-22
    (B) 12-10

(C) 6-3

v2 Plays
    (A) 19-7
    (B) 5-2

(C) 2-0

Games for (1/3/16):
    #90LMinnesota (+1½) @ FloridaLv1l(C)L(6:05 pm EST)

Points Awarded:

njb5572
    njb5572's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2693

I just want to make sure my math is right here but if this Minn PL goes at -275 are we looking at a possible ~47u series?

Sean Pratt
    Sean Pratt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

Nooo. I don't think that's right. The series (for me) is -12.35 units... and I dropped something like 30~~ units on today Think of it like 27 units for 10... and so its just a bit more to get the other 2.35 + 1.

Hate putting up that cash on back to back to back PL games. It's ugly

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Quote Originally Posted by njb5572 View Post
    I just want to make sure my math is right here but if this Minn PL goes at -275 are we looking at a possible ~47u series?
    Think of it this way. At 5Dimes now Minn is +1.5 at -340. Your laying 340.00 on a 100.00 bet..

njb5572

Thank for the help. I do understand how odds work

Sean, it sounds like we are in the same neighborhood as I too have about 12u invested in the series and would need to lay roughly 42u on the game tonight (should have made the bet earlier.. Odds got considerably worse).

I am seeing even odds (-105) on the ML now at 5dimes.
    Last edited by njb5572; 01-03-16 at 05:00 PM.

ledjend
    ledjend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3109

A and B bets cost 11.91.
    On today's C you'd be trying to win 12.91 which would eliminate the losses and profit 1 unit.
    Minn PL is currently -315.

12.91 x 3.15 = 40.67 units risked on today's bet

40.67 + 11.91 = 52.58 potential unit loss

Comes with the territory.

Good luck.

njb5572

Thanks Ledjend, it certainly does.

Ended up taking the ML 5min before puck drop. Saved me a lot of juice but I could be taking a depending on the outcome. Goodluck to everyone tonight.

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2015-16 System to Date: 92-3A(fin. series)
    SystemlProfit/Loss: +29.15 unitsA(fin. series)

(1/3/16):
    #90LMinnesota (+1½)Lv1l(C) - Win

v1 Fades
    (A) 47-22
    (B) 12-10

(C) 7-3

v2 Plays
    (A) 19-7
    (B) 5-2

(C) 2-0

Games for (1/4/16):
    #96LDetroit (+1½) @ New JerseyLv1l(A)L(7:05 pm EST)
    #97LOttawa (+1½) @ St. LouisLv2l(A)L(8:05 pm EST)

Points Awarded:

liqidzen gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

njb5572

Det is now the favorite on 5d @ -110 w/ the devils at +100

Wallco99

Det is now the favorite on 5d @ -110 w/ the devils at +100
    Five Dimes doesn't count. Please don't confuse people. The bet is still +1 1/2 at this moment.

Miggs

Quote Originally Posted by ledjend View Post
    A and B bets cost 11.91.
    On today's C you'd be trying to win 12.91 which would eliminate the losses and profit 1 unit.
    Minn PL is currently -315.

12.91 x 3.15 = 40.67 units risked on today's bet

40.67 + 11.91 = 52.58 potential unit loss

Comes with the territory.

Good luck.
    Thanks Ledjend, it certainly does.

Ended up taking the ML 5min before puck drop. Saved me a lot of juice but I could be taking a depending on the outcome. Goodluck to everyone tonight.
    Another approach I've used in the past to avoid the potential of a staggering loss is to spread the units you're trying to gain over the next "x" system wagers. So in the above case, you'd take 12.91 divide it by "x" and add that amount to your base wager over the next "x" system bets.

A word of caution:
    1) You're gambling that the system won't endure another C bet loss over the next "x" number of wagers...if it does, you actually stand to lose more (depending on the odds of that particular chase) than you may have taking the original C bet because your ordinary starting bet is significantly higher (they call it gambling for a reason).

2) If over the next "x" bets, the system has the misfortune of generating multiple B and or C bets, funding this kind of "recovery" chase can get overwhelmingly expensive (I'd suggest calculating some worst case scenarios in excel to see whether your bankroll can cover multiple B wagers, and heaven forbid, another C wager).

Lastly, you don't want your "x" number of wagers to be prolonged...meaning don't try to do this over the next say, 10 system wagers. Get it over with quickly - I personally use 3 system bets as my "x". With a high percentage system like this, the odds of recovering the units you passed on with the initial C bet are high - provided the chase is short.

Personally, I don't use this method very often (Only in extreme cases where the potential unit loss is staggering), because you're not actually avoiding any risk - you're just diversifying it. You can get still get hammered if your luck turns, so use at your own risk.

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    Another approach I've used in the past to avoid the potential of a staggering loss is to spread the units you're trying to gain over the next "x" system wagers. So in the above case, you'd take 12.91 divide it by "x" and add that amount to your base wager over the next "x" system bets.

A word of caution:
    1) You're gambling that the system won't endure another C bet loss over the next "x" number of wagers...if it does, you actually stand to lose more (depending on the odds of that particular chase) than you may have taking the original C bet because your ordinary starting bet is significantly higher (they call it gambling for a reason).

2) If over the next "x" bets, the system has the misfortune of generating multiple B and or C bets, funding this kind of "recovery" chase can get overwhelmingly expensive (I'd suggest calculating some worst case scenarios in excel to see whether your bankroll can cover multiple B wagers, and heaven forbid, another C wager).

Lastly, you don't want your "x" number of wagers to be prolonged...meaning don't try to do this over the next say, 10 system wagers. Get it over with quickly - I personally use 3 system bets as my "x". With a high percentage system like this, the odds of recovering the units you passed on with the initial C bet are high - provided the chase is short.

Personally, I don't use this method very often (Only in extreme cases where the potential unit loss is staggering), because you're not actually avoiding any risk - you're just diversifying it. You can get still get hammered if your luck turns, so use at your own risk.
    You better sure as hell win your (A) bets if you implement that crazy strategy in a system where a large portion of the bets are -250 odds and higher.

Miggs

Quote Originally Posted by Wallco99 View Post
    You better sure as hell win your (A) bets if you implement that crazy strategy in a system where a large portion of the bets are -250 odds and higher.
    Exactly. What you're betting on is the rarity of "C" bets (that is, hoping you don't come across a "C" bet before winning 3 wagers in a row). If you do run into a "C" bet before you win 3 wagers, disaster quickly ensues...

Before anyone runs off to give this a go, when I said "use at your own risk" I meant it. Here's an example of trying to recover 12.91 over 3 system bets assuming every game is at -250 odds:

12.91/3 = 4.3

Game 1: A Bet: 4.3 units + 1 unit @ -250 = 13.25...if it loses, then:
    Game 2: B Bet: 13.25 + 4.3 units + 1 unit @ -250 = 46.37...if it loses, then:
    Game 3: C Bet: 46.37 + 4.3 units + 1 unit @ -250 = (gulp) 129.18...

Of course, you could end up with a game in there at -300 odds or worse, or you could end up with a moneyline bet among those 3 games at considerably better odds.

Either way, what you're really gambling on is exactly what Wallco said - Hoping like hell your next 3 system bets are A wins (at worst, a mix of A and B). Considering C bets make up roughly 10% of the wagers year in and year out, your odds of winning 3 A/B bets in a row before you see a C wager are quite good. But...this can lead to disaster very quickly as the case above illustrates.

Alternatively, you could apply it to system bets that are just moneyline wagers...or, and this is what I truly recommend, you just bet the regular system "C" bets as they come and take the good with the bad. As ledjend said, it comes with the territory.
    Last edited by Miggs; 01-04-16 at 08:27 PM.

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    Exactly. What you're betting on is the rarity of "C" bets (that is, hoping you don't come across a "C" bet before winning 3 wagers in a row). If you do run into a "C" bet before you win 3 wagers, disaster quickly ensues...

Before anyone runs off to give this a go, when I said "use at your own risk" I meant it. Here's an example of trying to recover 12.91 over 3 system bets assuming every game is at -250 odds:

12.91/3 = 4.3

Game 1: A Bet: 4.3 units + 1 unit @ -250 = 13.25...if it loses, then:
    Game 2: B Bet: 13.25 + 4.3 units + 1 unit @ -250 = 46.37...if it loses, then:
    Game 3: C Bet: 46.37 + 4.3 units + 1 unit @ -250 = (gulp) 129.18...

Of course, you could end up with a game in there at -300 odds or worse, or you could end up with a moneyline bet among those 3 games at considerably better odds.

Either way, what you're really gambling on is exactly what Wallco said - Hoping like hell your next 3 system bets are A wins (at worst, a mix of A and B). Considering C bets make up roughly 10% of the wagers year in and year out, your odds of winning 3 A/B bets in a row before you see a C wager are quite good. But...this can lead to disaster very quickly as the case above illustrates.

Alternatively, you could apply it to system bets that are just moneyline wagers...or, and this is what I truly recommend, you just bet the regular system "C" bets as they come and take the good with the bad. As ledjend said, it comes with the territory.
    Much too risky, don't like it.

First ... 146147148149150151152 ... Last