Wallco99
    Wallco99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39332

Quote Originally Posted by TenCount View Post
    I would guess a lot of people had this problem, not only with this game but the previous game as well. It goes in the win column for the system but the loss column for everyone's wallet who used bookies or online books that are not scoresandodds.com
    Don't know why this was a problem. On scoresandodds, Winnipeg was the dog team from 2:00 til game time yesterday. I had them as (+1 1/2), everyone should have. And if not offered that way by YOUR book, then the alternate line should have been selected.

Jason87
    Jason87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1535

Well, I decided to wait for the game and try to get it live. I was lucky, Ducks scored first, and I got Jets +1,5 at 1.50, but well - its not gonna work every single time.

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2014-15 System to date: 66-3 (fin. series)
    Systemprofit/loss: +6.45 units (fin. series)
    Current open series: 0

v1 Fades
    (A) 35-13
    (B) 7-6

(C) 4-2
    Losses: TB (-17.77 u), MON (-27.08 u)

v2 Plays
    (A) 11-10
    (B) 9-1

(C) 0-1
    Losses: DAL (-14.70 u)

Games for (12/9/14):
    #70 Philadelphia (+1½) @ Columbus v1 (A) (7:05 pm EST)
    #71 Chicago @ New Jersey (+1½) v1 (A) (7:05 pm EST)

Note: The lines I have listed were the current lines at the time of my post and may not reflect the final lines used to determine wins & losses, or line changes later in the day. Get proper line if different than the one I have posted, based on the criteria that I have listed below.

Do not place any wagers on teams unless you are sure your team is the dog or favorite. The team underlined and highlighted blue is the team we are betting on, regardless of v1 or v2. If you play the closer line games too early, you may be overpaying for a loss if you play the P/L and should have been on the M/L, or lose a game that you would have won had you been on the (M/L) instead of the (+1½). We will always play the M/L if the team we are betting on is the M/L favorite or in games when the line is (-110/-110) or (-105/-105), and always play the (+1½) if the team we are betting on is a M/L dog. ALL results will be based on this principle. If it is a close line game, you may want to wait til closer to game time to place your wager so you know whether or not we are on the (+1½) or the (M/L). You may need to buy the alternate line (+1½) on occasion if the M/L dog team we are betting on is the (-1½) team with your individual book. All lines and standings are based on FINAL lines from ScoresandOdds.com/. If one of the teams we are playing switches from a favorite to a dog, or vice versa, after my initial post, make sure you get the appropriate line if it differs from what I have posted. The wins and losses will be based on who is the M/L dog team on ScoresandOdds.com/ final lines.
    System rules and backtest can be found in posts #4197 & #4198.
    Points Awarded:

Maxi_EV gave Wallco99 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

CappyT gave Wallco99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

analyzer gave Wallco99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Kev the Brit gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bald_guy gave Wallco99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Pasha mm
    Pasha mm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

hey wallco have you tried your system betting the a bets moneyline on the dogs instead of the puckline but only on a bets?

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha mm View Post
    hey wallco have you tried your system betting the a bets moneyline on the dogs instead of the puckline but only on a bets?
    It was tested by Andy last year or the year before. It didn't do so well as I recall.

bald_guy
    bald_guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5019

Quote Originally Posted by Diezel36 View Post
    I was actually asking what if instead of the system was to play for a streak to end what if the system was to play a streak to continue on. For example, a team wins three in a row and we play that team until it loses.
    Right. Well, I answered that. You would win ever one. No streak goes on forever. Then I said the only drawback, which can be a big one depending on unit size and bankroll.

You could pull last years plays and all the win/losses of last year games, and get an somewhat exact number. Course you would need the odds each game, so you could see how many units you spent each streak before you won. You would ignore the system plays when it replays the same streak, as yours would still be going from the first. You would most certainly come out ahead. You would just need pretty deep pockets.

Lebensraum
    Lebensraum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 529

Quote Originally Posted by Jason87 View Post
    Well, I decided to wait for the game and try to get it live. I was lucky, Ducks scored first, and I got Jets +1,5 at 1.50, but well - its not gonna work every single time.
    And like with any system, you can always 'get creative' and bend the rules a little. Some times it won't work out. Some times it will. Just understand such bets aren't really 'system bets'. Don't make things worse by, say, continuing the chase on Winnipeg if you played A bet and lost on the Moneyline. It's just one unit in a long season.

TrojanMan8
    TrojanMan8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3054

Right, except the chase is actually to fade Anaheim, who have a home and home with Edmonton. So to chase the one unit, you could have to bet Oilers twice.

alexknyc
    alexknyc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17998

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanMan8 View Post
    Right, except the chase is actually to fade Anaheim, who have a home and home with Edmonton. So to chase the one unit, you could have to bet Oilers twice.
    That was the deciding factor for me. Under some conditions, I'd continue the chase but Edmonton twice? I'll take the one unit loss and move on.

bald_guy

Both games went into overtime. And since we got the P/L on both, we won both no matter who wins. Congrats everyone.

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2014-15 System to date: 68-3 (fin. series)
    System profit/loss: +8.45 units (fin. series)

(12/9/14):

#70 Philadelphia (+1½) v1 (A) - Win
    #71 New Jersey (+1½) v1 (A) - Win

v1 Fades
    (A) 37-13
    (B) 7-6

(C) 4-2

v2 Plays
    (A) 11-10
    (B) 9-1

(C) 0-1

Games for (12/10/14):
    #72 Toronto (+1½) @ Detroit v1 (A) (8:05 pm EST)

Note: The lines I have listed were the current lines at the time of my post and may not reflect the final lines used to determine wins & losses, or line changes later in the day. Get proper line if different than the one I have posted, based on the criteria that I have listed below.

Do not place any wagers on teams unless you are sure your team is the dog or favorite. The team underlined and highlighted blue is the team we are betting on, regardless of v1 or v2. If you play the closer line games too early, you may be overpaying for a loss if you play the P/L and should have been on the M/L, or lose a game that you would have won had you been on the (M/L) instead of the (+1½). We will always play the M/L if the team we are betting on is the M/L favorite or in games when the line is (-110/-110) or (-105/-105), and always play the (+1½) if the team we are betting on is a M/L dog. ALL results will be based on this principle. If it is a close line game, you may want to wait til closer to game time to place your wager so you know whether or not we are on the (+1½) or the (M/L). You may need to buy the alternate line (+1½) on occasion if the M/L dog team we are betting on is the (-1½) team with your individual book. All lines and standings are based on FINAL lines from ScoresandOdds.com/. If one of the teams we are playing switches from a favorite to a dog, or vice versa, after my initial post, make sure you get the appropriate line if it differs from what I have posted. The wins and losses will be based on who is the M/L dog team on ScoresandOdds.com/ final lines.
    Last edited by Wallco99; 12-10-14 at 02:29 PM.
    Points Awarded:

bald_guy gave Wallco99 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

hagball52 gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

NostraDanUS gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2014-15 System to date: 69-3 (fin. series)
    Systemprofit/loss: +9.45 units (fin. series)

(12/10/14):
    #72 Toronto (+1½) v1 (A) - Win

v1 Fades
    (A) 38-13
    (B) 7-6

(C) 4-2

v2 Plays
    (A) 11-10
    (B) 9-1

(C) 0-1

Games for (12/11/14):
    #73 Nashville @ Arizona (+1½) v2 (A) (9:05 pm EST)
    #74 Columbus (+1½) @ Washington v1 (A) (7:05 pm EST)

Points Awarded:

Andy3568 gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

voodoopulling gave Wallco99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

J.M. Disciple
    J.M. Disciple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9737

For whoever was thinking about following the streak of W W W and betting them until they lose; dont do it. You know how many people would do this if it worked? Almost everyone has wanted to do this at some time or another. Wallco's system works because he is basically saying 1 time in six a team will cover the spread where as you are saying at least 4 times out of 4 times they will cover.... I know you are not chasing, but the juice is going to be jacked up from the winning streak you will be paying so much more then what the team is actual worth. Better off fading the public. Last I checked 60% on covers for NBA fading the public was 58%. You are more then welcome to check it, but I can almost guarantee following a winning streak doesn't work unless you add in some filters such as they are playing a sub .500 team next. Definitely need some type of betting strategy as well.

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by J.M. Disciple View Post
    For whoever was thinking about following the streak of W W W and betting them until they lose; dont do it. You know how many people would do this if it worked? Almost everyone has wanted to do this at some time or another. Wallco's system works because he is basically saying 1 time in six a team will cover the spread where as you are saying at least 4 times out of 4 times they will cover.... I know you are not chasing, but the juice is going to be jacked up from the winning streak you will be paying so much more then what the team is actual worth. Better off fading the public. Last I checked 60% on covers for NBA fading the public was 58%. You are more then welcome to check it, but I can almost guarantee following a winning streak doesn't work unless you add in some filters such as they are playing a sub .500 team next. Definitely need some type of betting strategy as well.
    Well, W W W would actually mean that they won outright at least 3 out of 6, and has nothing at all to do with the spread, so that is NOT what I am saying. Also, this system has nothing to do with the spread ANYTIME a team is a favorite. Not sure why you are using NBA data to make a point in an NHL thread.

bald_guy

personally, I feel if you had the money, you could always win at gambling as I said. BUT i do see another problem. I read numerous threads that after you make so much, 5 dimes and other books will cut you off and limit your bet amounts. Soon as they did that, you would be screwed and have no way to win no matter what.

Went back and looked at our 3 (C) losses.

MON loss would have won on game (D) on Nov 18.
    TB loss would have won on game (D) on Nov 9.
    DAL loss would have won on game (E) on Nov 11.
    Last edited by bald_guy; 12-11-14 at 09:10 AM.

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by bald_guy View Post
    personally, I feel if you had the money, you could always win at gambling as I said. BUT i do see another problem. I read numerous threads that after you make so much, 5 dimes and other books will cut you off and limit your bet amounts. Soon as they did that, you would be screwed and have no way to win no matter what.

Went back and looked at our 3 (C) losses.

MON loss would have won on game (D) on Nov 18.
    TB loss would have won on game (D) on Nov 9.
    DAL loss would have won on game (E) on Nov 11.
    Yes, but do you realize the size those bets would have been? And with hockey odds, a large bet loss becomes enormous.

In your example, for the Dallas (D) bet (-280 odds), we would have been risking 43.96 units to win 15.70. That bet lost.

Dallas (E) bet (-115 odds), we would have been risking 68.61 units to win 59.66. Even though that bet won, that amount is outrageous. Had that bet lost, there is no need to even show you the ludicrosy of the (F) bet.

In this system there is (A), (B), and (C). In my opinion, (D) stands for Dumb, (E) stands for Extrmely stupid, and (F) stands for F**king out of your mind!
    Last edited by Wallco99; 12-11-14 at 10:00 AM.

bald_guy

Yes, I know. I already acknowledged that in a previous message. I think it really depends on unit size, bankroll and cut off limit of book.

Risking 68 units to win 59 at 10 dollar a unit, is small change to what one guy, D2D (on this board), risk on a average night. And I'm sure to a few rich people, 100 a unit is doable. Its all relative. In fact, I heard some people criticize you and say you was nuts on some of your (C) bets. C - Crazy.

What I like about this however, (over lets say D2D) is when you win, you get it all back plus one unit.

Any rate, thanks for your math on an example and your take on continuing apass (C). I only mentioned it, as someone ask what if he keeps going instead of stopping. And I wanted to put my .02 cents in, and wondered what others, specially yourself, would say.

I plan to keep track of any (C) bets that lose (hopefully there will be no more this season) just to see how far any streaks go this year.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

If your unit is $10 and you want to chase to 6 games, bet $2 instead as a unit. That'll get you two additional bets (D, E) at same risk of doing $10. F would be the same price as D, which Wallco cuts losses, so that's up to the individual. But at $2, the system would be 72-0. But since you're winning only 20% now, it would be +14.4 units right now. Even though that's better than current units, 1 six game chase loss would wipe out the entire years profit and devastating if it happens early in a season. I wouldn't change anything. The system proves profitable. Why fix what's not broken?
    Last edited by Slanina; 12-11-14 at 01:03 PM.

Wallco99

Yes, I know. I already acknowledged that in a previous message. I think it really depends on unit size, bankroll and cut off limit of book.

Risking 68 units to win 59 at 10 dollar a unit, is small change to what one guy, D2D (on this board), risk on a average night. And I'm sure to a few rich people, 100 a unit is doable. Its all relative. In fact, I heard some people criticize you and say you was nuts on some of your (C) bets. C - Crazy.

What I like about this however, (over lets say D2D) is when you win, you get it all back plus one unit.

Any rate, thanks for your math on an example and your take on continuing apass (C). I only mentioned it, as someone ask what if he keeps going instead of stopping. And I wanted to put my .02 cents in, and wondered what others, specially yourself, would say.

I plan to keep track of any (C) bets that lose (hopefully there will be no more this season) just to see how far any streaks go this year.
    I can deal with Crazy, but I have serious problems with Dumb, Extremely Stupid and F**king nuts.
    Points Awarded:

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2014-15 System to date: 70-3 (fin. series)
    Systemprofit/loss: +10.45 units (fin. series)
    Current open series: 1 (-2.30 units)

(12/11/14):
    #73 Arizona (+1½) v2 (A) - Loss
    #74 Columbus (+1½) v1 (A) - Win

v1 Fades
    (A) 39-13
    (B) 7-6

(C) 4-2

v2 Plays
    (A) 11-11
    (B) 9-1

(C) 0-1

There are no system plays for (12/12/14):
    #73 Resumes v2 (B) on 12/13/14

Points Awarded:

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2014-15 System to date: 70-3 (fin. series)
    Systemprofit/loss: +10.45 units (fin. series)
    Current open series: 1 (-2.30 units)

v1 Fades
    (A) 39-13
    (B) 7-6

(C) 4-2

v2 Plays
    (A) 11-11
    (B) 9-1

(C) 0-1

Games for (12/13/14):
    #73 Minnesota @ Arizona (+1½) v2 (B) (8:05 pm EST)
    #75 Detroit (M/L) @ Toronto v1 (A) (7:05 pm EST)
    #76 St. Louis @ Colorado (+1½) v1 (A) (10:05 pm EST)
    #77 N.Y. Rangers @ Vancouver (M/L) v2 (A) (10:05 pm EST)
    #78 Anaheim @ Winnipeg (M/L) v1 (A) (7:05 pm EST)

Points Awarded:

hagball52 gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

NostraDanUS gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Andy3568 gave Wallco99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TrojanMan8 gave Wallco99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

skyscrapers gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Kev the Brit gave Wallco99 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

simonrdr gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bald_guy

#75. Detroit is now the underdog. Please bet that one +1.5.

Or least be cautious with this one. Scoresandodds has it at -111 Toronto current. Opened at -115 Detroit.

I got Detroit P/L at -325 on 5 dimes ALT lines. Detroit might end up as the favorite, but somehow doubt it.

Rest of games seems carved in stone. Good luck everyone.
    Last edited by bald_guy; 12-13-14 at 11:12 AM.

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home
    skyscrapers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 33906

Love it when there's a lot of plays on a Saturday.
    Truly is Hockey Night in Canada...
    Even better it involves my 'Nucks!!

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2014-15 System to date: 72-3 (fin. series)
    Systemprofit/loss: +12.45 units (fin. series)
    Current open series: 3 (-5.70 units)

(12/13/14):
    #73 Arizona (+1½) v2 (B) - Win
    #75 Detroit (+1½) v1 (A) - Loss
    #76 Colorado (+1½) v1 (A) - Win
    #77 Vancouver (M/L) v2 (A) - Loss
    #78 Winnipeg (M/L) v1 (A) - Loss

v1 Fades
    (A) 40-15
    (B) 7-6

(C) 4-2

v2 Plays
    (A) 11-12
    (B) 10-1

(C) 0-1

Games for (12/14/14):
    #75 L.A. Kings (M/L) @ Toronto v1 (B) (5:05 pm EST)
    #77 Resumes v2 (B) on 12/17/14
    #78 Resumes v1 (B) on 12/16/14
    #79 Calgary (+1½) @ Chicago v2 (A) (8:05 pm EST)

Last edited by Wallco99; 12-14-14 at 11:14 AM.
    Points Awarded:

analyzer gave Wallco99 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Andy3568 gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Philanthropist
    Philanthropist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Not a big deal, but Calgary plays Chicago. That I don't belive changes the play, it was just a typo.

Thanks Wallco I love this system!

^p^

bald_guy

That sucked. Looks like a C will be coming up.
    Last edited by bald_guy; 12-14-14 at 06:51 PM.

simonrdr
    simonrdr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 464

Leafs prevail in the shootout and that will bring up an interesting situation Tuesday, as we will have opposite ends of the Anaheim-Toronto game as system plays. One will be a C bet and the other one a B bet. How will we proceed?

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

That sucked. Looks like a C will be coming up.

I've lost so many ML games on shootouts this year (outside system). I knew where this was going when they tied it 3-3. Oh well.

bald_guy

Quote Originally Posted by simonrdr View Post
    Leafs prevail in the shootout and that will bring up an interesting situation Tuesday, as we will have opposite ends of the Anaheim-Toronto game as system plays. One will be a C bet and the other one a B bet. How will we proceed?
    Happens now and again. We will play both. One ML and one PL. Sometimes we end up winning both.

cambertos
    cambertos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7350

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
    I've lost so many ML games on shootouts this year (outside system). I knew where this was going when they tied it 3-3. Oh well.

Oh man, you and me both! everytime I end up in a shootout, I go down. Doesnt matter who I'm on, they lose. bllaarrghh

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2014-15 System to date: 73-3 (fin. series)
    Systemprofit/loss: +13.45 units (fin. series)
    Current open series: 3 (-11.86 units)

(12/14/14):
    #75 L.A. Kings (M/L) v1 (B) - Loss
    #79 Calgary (+1½) v2 (A) - Win

v1 Fades
    (A) 40-15
    (B) 7-7

(C) 4-2

v2 Plays
    (A) 12-12
    (B) 10-1

(C) 0-1

There are no system plays for (12/15/14):
    #75 Resumes v1 (C) on 12/16/14
    #77 Resumes v2 (B) on 12/17/14
    #78 Resumes v1 (B) on 12/16/14

Last edited by Wallco99; 12-15-14 at 11:26 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Andy3568
    Update your status
    Andy3568's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3286

I know this keeps coming up, but I have Buffalo having won the last 3, meaning Ottawa's a bet tonight.

simonrdr
    simonrdr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 464

Indeed, I have Buffalo as a V1(A) bet tonight against Ottawa. We would be playing Ottawa ML. (so far)

knugen
    Update your status
    knugen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5460

Youre right. Buffalo are V1 fade game tonight.

Ottawa M/L V1 (A)

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by Andy3568 View Post
    I know this keeps coming up, but I have Buffalo having won the last 3, meaning Ottawa's a bet tonight.
    You are correct, I have Buffalo series starting on 16th, however, it is tonight. I use VegasInsider to get ALL teams schedules. This game is not even on the list. Don't know if this is some makeup game or something.
    Last edited by Wallco99; 12-15-14 at 04:16 PM.

First ... 127128129130131132133 ... Last