Wallco99
    Wallco99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39314

Quote Originally Posted by J.M. Disciple View Post
    Just joining. Thanks for adding to my roll wallco.
    Welcome in.

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2014-15 System to date: 7-0 (fin. series)
    System profit/loss: +7.00 units (fin. series)
    Current open series: 2 (-7.20 units)

(10/26/14):
    #3 San Jose (+1½) v1 (C) - Win
    #4 Columbus (+1½) v1 (B) - Loss
    #8 San Jose (+1½) v2 (B) - Win

v1 Fades
    (A) 1-3
    (B) 0-2

(C) 1-0
    Losses: None

v2 Plays
    (A) 3-2
    (B) 2-0

(C) 0-0

Games for (10/27/14):
    #4 Resumes v1 (C) on 10/28/14
    #7 Montreal @ Edmonton (+1½) v1 (B) (9:35 pm EDT)
    #10 Montreal (M/L) @ Edmonton v1 (A) (9:35 pm EDT)

Note: The lines I have listed were the current lines at the time of my post and may not reflect the final lines used to determine wins & losses, or line changes later in the day. Get proper line if different than the one I have posted, based on the criteria that I have listed below.

Do not place any wagers on teams unless you are sure your team is the dog or favorite. The team underlined and highlighted blue is the team we are betting on, regardless of v1 or v2. If you play the closer line games too early, you may be overpaying for a loss if you play the P/L and should have been on the M/L, or lose a game that you would have won had you been on the (M/L) instead of the (+1½). We will always play the M/L if the team we are betting on is the M/L favorite or in games when the line is (-110/-110) or (-105/-105), and always play the (+1½) if the team we are betting on is a M/L dog. ALL results will be based on this principle. If it is a close line game, you may want to wait til closer to game time to place your wager so you know whether or not we are on the (+1½) or the (M/L). You may need to buy the alternate line (+1½) on occasion if the M/L dog team we are betting on is the (-1½) team with your individual book. All lines and standings are based on FINAL lines from ScoresandOdds.com/. If one of the teams we are playing switches from a favorite to a dog, or vice versa, after my initial post, make sure you get the appropriate line if it differs from what I have posted. The wins and losses will be based on who is the M/L dog team on ScoresandOdds.com/ final lines.
    System rules and backtest can be found in posts #4197 & #4198.
    Points Awarded:

analyzer gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bald_guy gave Wallco99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Maxi_EV gave Wallco99 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Kev the Brit gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TrojanMan8 gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

I accidentally double bet the games tonight. I must have submitted it twice somehow. Pray for Edmonton.

kvimzon
    kvimzon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1101

No, pray for habs to win by 1

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2014-15 System to date: 8-0 (fin. series)
    System profit/loss: +8.00 units (fin. series)
    Current open series: 2 (-5.90 units)

(10/27/14):
    #7 Edmonton (+1½) v1 (B) - Win
    #10 Montreal (M/L) v1 (A) - Loss

v1 Fades
    (A) 1-4
    (B) 1-2

(C) 1-0

v2 Plays
    (A) 3-2
    (B) 2-0

(C) 0-0

Games for (10/28/14):
    #4 L.A. Kings @ Philadelphia (+1½) v1 (C) (7:05 pm EDT)
    #10 Resumes v1 (B) on 10/29/14
    #11 Carolina (+1½) @ Vancouver v2 (A) (10:05 pm EDT)

Note: The lines I have listed were the current lines at the time of my post and may not reflect the final lines used to determine wins & losses, or line changes later in the day. Get proper line if different than the one I have posted, based on the criteria that I have listed below.

Do not place any wagers on teams unless you are sure your team is the dog or favorite. The team underlined and highlighted blue is the team we are betting on, regardless of v1 or v2. If you play the closer line games too early, you may be overpaying for a loss if you play the P/L and should have been on the M/L, or lose a game that you would have won had you been on the (M/L) instead of the (+1½). We will always play the M/L if the team we are betting on is the M/L favorite or in games when the line is (-110/-110) or (-105/-105), and always play the (+1½) if the team we are betting on is a M/L dog. ALL results will be based on this principle. If it is a close line game, you may want to wait til closer to game time to place your wager so you know whether or not we are on the (+1½) or the (M/L). You may need to buy the alternate line (+1½) on occasion if the M/L dog team we are betting on is the (-1½) team with your individual book. All lines and standings are based on FINAL lines from ScoresandOdds.com/. If one of the teams we are playing switches from a favorite to a dog, or vice versa, after my initial post, make sure you get the appropriate line if it differs from what I have posted. The wins and losses will be based on who is the M/L dog team on ScoresandOdds.com/ final lines.
    Last edited by Wallco99; 10-28-14 at 09:59 AM.
    Points Awarded:

analyzer gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Maxi_EV gave Wallco99 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Andy3568 gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bald_guy gave Wallco99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

I/O gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Kev the Brit gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bald_guy
    bald_guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5019

A double out been nice, but can't complain much with a single out if its the lead runner. Turned out to be a good night. Lets hope the kings winning spree comes to an end tonight, or they only win by a point if we play the puck line. The puck line would be the play as of now. Should be a fun game to watch. Wish it was 7pm right now and I was home instead of at work. Good luck everyone.

Thanks for keeping this system updated Wallco99. You do good work.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
    I accidentally double bet the games tonight. I must have submitted it twice somehow. Pray for Edmonton.
    sweet

cambertos
    cambertos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7350

checking in, thanks for running this again, Wallco

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO

I want to make sure I got this right. Tonight's #4 series is a 21 unit play. And if it loses, it's down around 30 units? I have no problem with the bet, just not sure if my math is correct since I'm new.

bald_guy

I want to make sure I got this right. Tonight's #4 series is a 21 unit play. And if it loses, it's down around 30 units? I have no problem with the bet, just not sure if my math is correct since I'm new.
    Unless your book gives out very very bad odds, you are incorrect. Tonight's # 4 play is around 12.65 units risked to win 4.60 units. If we lose, we lost 12.65 units which would be a system loss of about 4. Now the exact # will vary a tad depending on what odds you got with bet (A) (B) and (C). If its 30 units for you, you are not following the system correctly or need a new book ASAP.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bald_guy View Post
    Unless your book gives out very very bad odds, you are incorrect. Tonight's # 4 play is around 12.65 units. If we lose, we lost 12.65 units which would be a system loss of about 4. Now the exact # will vary a tad depending on what odds you got with bet (A) (B) and (C). If its 30 units for you, you are not following the system correctly or need a new book ASAP.
    I'm using 5Dimes. I must not be following correctly. Definitely putting it on hold and reading more. Thank you for the fast reply before I put the bet in. Do you mind if I use the #4 series as an example of my bets and you can tell me where I'm messing up?

Andy3568
    Update your status
    Andy3568's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3286

I'm getting -305 for #4. Wouldn't make me sweat so much if it were an "A" bet.

bald_guy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy3568 View Post
    I'm getting -305 for #4. Wouldn't make me sweat so much if it were an "A" bet.
    Umm. Well, perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but don't feel I am. I'll go thru each.
    (A) Sabres + 1.5 +102. Since its positive odds, we lost 1 unit.
    (B) Columbus Blue jackets + 1.5 - 180. The risk was 3.60 units to win 2 units. (one we lost plus one we want to win)
    (C) Philadelphia + 1.5 - 275. The risk is 15.40 units to win 5.60.

Way it is now should be right. I added another unit to my (C) play win. Risking 15.40 at the odds above should give us back everything we lost plus 1 unit. And if we loss, we lost exactly 15.40 + 3.60 + 1 = 20 units.

edited to finally get this thing right!! I hope. Very sorry about the confusion.
    Last edited by bald_guy; 10-28-14 at 05:39 PM.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO

Umm. Well, perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but don't feel I am. I'll go thru each.
    (A) Sabres + 1.5 +102. Since its positive odds, we lost 1 unit.
    (B) Columbus Blue jackets + 1.5 - 180. The risk was 3.60 units to win 2 units. (one we lost plus one we want to win)
    (C) Philadelphia + 1.5 - 275. The risk is 15.40 units to win 5.60.

Way it is now should be right. I added another unit to my (C) play win. Risking 15.40 at the odds above should give us back everything we lost plus 1 unit. And if we loss, we lost exactly 15.40 units.
    So if it loses tonight, the series would be exactly -20 units based on what odds you got?

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO

Series #4 (Using $5 as 1 unit)

A) Sabres +1.5 -105 Risk 5.25 to win 5.00

B) Columbus +1.5 -200 Risk 20.50 to win 10.25

C) Philly +1.5 -280 Risk 86.10 to win 30.75

If C loses, I'm down 22.37 units? My initial math was off a little earlier. But does that look right?

Trying to avoid cluttering the thread but I don't bet Hockey so these big juice games are a little weird at first when you're chasing.

bald_guy

Series #4 (Using $5 as 1 unit)

A) Sabres +1.5 -105 Risk 5.25 to win 5.00

B) Columbus +1.5 -200 Risk 20.50 to win 10.25

C) Philly +1.5 -280 Risk 86.10 to win 30.75

If C loses, I'm down 22.37 units? My initial math was off a little earlier. But does that look right?

Trying to avoid cluttering the thread but I don't bet Hockey so these big juice games are a little weird at first when you're chasing.
    Yup. Notice you have about the same total units invested as I got, but a tad more as you didn't get as good as odds on A, B or C. So you got an extra 2.37 units. If not too personally, what book do you use? My odds are from 5 dimes.

This also goes to show you how a little different in odds, can affect how much you risk on (C).

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO

Yup. Notice you have about the same total units invested as I got, but a tad more as you didn't get as good as odds on A, B or C. So you got an extra 2.37 units. If not too personally, what book do you use? My odds are from 5 dimes.

This also goes to show you how a little different in odds, can affect how much you risk on (C).
    I'm using 5Dimes as well. I must be placing them at the wrong time...

bald_guy

I'm using 5Dimes as well. I must be placing them at the wrong time...
    Are you going under reduced?

Since this system never used the first 60 minutes, you should ALWAYS bet under reduced. Reduced has both the ML and Puck Line. With the odds you got, I'm betting you are picking under NHL.

viperac39
    viperac39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

the way i understood it, Noob for this as well, is that your B bet should only be $10.25. A bet(5.25) plus possible winnings(5). B bet should not try to win back possible winnings.
    this is how i understood it. but please correct me if I'm wrong that way i can bet better!

bald_guy

Quote Originally Posted by viperac39 View Post
    the way i understood it, Noob for this as well, is that your B bet should only be $10.25. A bet(5.25) plus possible winnings(5). B bet should not try to win back possible winnings.
    this is how i understood it. but please correct me if I'm wrong that way i can bet better!
    Congrats everyone for our big (C) win. Awesome.

Look at it this way. If (A) or (B) or (C) is a win, you win 1 unit overall for that chase. Perhaps that is the simplest way to look at it. I believe slanina and my math is correct above.
    Last edited by bald_guy; 10-28-14 at 09:33 PM.

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by cambertos View Post
    checking in, thanks for running this again, Wallco
    No problem at all. Welcome aboard.

Wallco99

I have laid out the bet strategy for this system in detail in the rules post. A typical (C) bet wager will consist of Total money lost in (A) + Total money lost in (B) + 1 additional unit. We play to "WIN" this amount, not "RISK". If it was a (B) bet wager we were placing, we would be playing to "WIN", Total money lost in (A) + 1 unit.
    Points Awarded:

bald_guy gave Wallco99 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Wallco99

Well, one of your two statements has to be wrong since you say to include possible winnings in the (B) bet, then in the very next sentence say to NOT include possible winnings in (B). I'll clear it up, your second sentence is incorrect and your first one is accurate.

Wallco99

Congrats everyone for our big (C) win. Awesome.

Look at it this way. If (A) or (B) or (C) is a win, you win 1 unit overall for that chase. Perhaps that is the simplest way to look at it. I believe slanina and my math is correct above.
    Usually, but if Buffalo would have covered one of those games last week, some of us would have actually netted more than one unit for that series, since Buffalo was +money on the (+1 1/2) goals for two of those bets.

viperac39
    viperac39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Wallco99 View Post
    Well, one of your two statements has to be wrong since you say to include possible winnings in the (B) bet, then in the very next sentence say to NOT include possible winnings in (B). I'll clear it up, your second sentence is incorrect and your first one is accurate.
    thanks for the clear up. I'll start betting that way

Wallco99

I know everyone is happy about our (C) bet win tonight, but don't forget, we have another game going right now. I realize that one is only peanuts compared to our Flyers win, but peanuts eventually add up as well.

restingbird
    restingbird's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3636

and the canes are terrible

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by restingbird View Post
    and the canes are terrible
    I know, but the terrible teams also get thrown a bone on occasion.

restingbird
    restingbird's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3636

These are my first couple posts even though I registered a while ago! I live in raleigh and go to Canes games regularly. cant wait til they get home maybe they'll play better..State fair has been in town and forced them on the road for a long period of time.

bald_guy

These are my first couple posts even though I registered a while ago! I live in raleigh and go to Canes games regularly. cant wait til they get home maybe they'll play better..State fair has been in town and forced them on the road for a long period of time.
    Just pulled there record and it's horrible. Hopefully home will indeed help them or V2 will be picking them up a lot. Sadly many of there losses are more then a point.

cambertos
    cambertos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7350

Do us a favor mate, drop some laxatives in the Coyotes gatorade pre-game

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Wallco99 View Post
    I have laid out the bet strategy for this system in detail in the rules post. A typical (C) bet wager will consist of Total money lost in (A) + Total money lost in (B) + 1 additional unit. We play to "WIN" this amount, not "RISK". If it was a (B) bet wager we were placing, we would be playing to "WIN", Total money lost in (A) + 1 unit.
    3 years and 123 pages but still answers our rookie questions. Most impressive, sir.
    Last edited by Slanina; 10-29-14 at 01:08 AM.
    Points Awarded:

kinstigator gave Slanina 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

J.M. Disciple
    J.M. Disciple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9735

early bird gets the worm and i woke up too late to place bets before work. Great job today on your bets.

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2014-15 System to date: 9-0 (fin. series)
    System profit/loss: +9.00 units (fin. series)
    Current open series: 2 (-2.75) units)

(10/28/14):
    #4 Philadelphia (+1½) v1 (C) - Win
    #11 Carolina (+1½) v2 (A) - Loss

v1 Fades
    (A) 1-4
    (B) 1-2

(C) 2-0

v2 Plays
    (A) 3-3
    (B) 2-0

(C) 0-0

Games for (10/29/14):
    #10 Nashville (M/L) @ Edmonton v1 (B) (10:05 pm EDT)
    #11 Resumes v2 (B) on 11/1/14

Points Awarded:

Andy3568 gave Wallco99 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Maxi_EV gave Wallco99 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

kvimzon
    kvimzon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1101

How come the Predators are favored in this matchup? Seems a little odd to me.

BOL tonight tho, lets get it!

First ... 120121122123124125126 ... Last