Grinder12000
    Grinder12000's Avatar Become A Pro!

I also love when the "variance ignorants" will start to panic or hate...
    Always fun to watch!
    It really is a big ball system and that first time when there are 30 units in play one night is always fun. I could not bet once night last year - I was terrified LOL

sod77
    sod77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6857

Thank you

Wallco99
    Wallco99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39314

Last edited by Wallco99; 10-23-13 at 07:24 PM.

tr4sh
    tr4sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5701

This goes without saying, variance will come around and you will be betting C games ... possibly multiple C games in one night. If you cant handle risking 50 units or more on one night, you really should stop right now and leave on a high note. And as Grinder said, it really is something scary

Wallco99

Grinder12000

Ok, I gotta ask. What does "*****" Mean. Is this what happens when Wallco falls asleep on his keyboard? Some new communication thing I don't know?

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder12000 View Post
    Ok, I gotta ask. What does "*****" Mean. Is this what happens when Wallco falls asleep on his keyboard? Some new communication thing I don't know?
    I don't know what happened to this site over the past year, but any thread I open after the date that I opened this one, I am having problems copy and pasting from WORD to the thread. An error message pops up and says "There are 100 objects listed within your post, the limit is ten objects". There are no "objects" in my posts, but the thread is reading something as an object. So for my NBA thread, in order to post something from WORD, I have to first paste it here, hit the post quick reply button, open it back up under edit, then copy it from this thread to the NBA thread. For some stupid reason, that works. It is a real pain in the ass, but that is one of the main reasons I am keeping this thread alive and not starting a new one each year. I have asked the mods several times if they had any ideas, but unless they want to bitch slap you for a petty violation, they won't even entertain your questions.

If anybody has any ideas why this is happening or what I can do to remedy it, then PLEEEEEEEASE let me know. I was trying to post an NBA schedule last night from Excel, and that was even more of a pain in the ass. The ******* are the spots I used for the original paste, and I had to delete them because the last time I left them here, Shari, the mod who whines the most, gave me one of her little slaps for posting NBA info in a NHL thread. Yeah I know, the world may have ended as we know it had I left it in here. During Chase 110 season, I have to post all the NBA plays in here, then copy and paste from here to the JM NBA thread. You usually won't see the *****, because normally I will just then edit and replace the Chase 110 plays with the NHL Gold plays for the day. But I had nothing worthwhile to post last night, so when I deleted the NBA schedule, ***** seemed good enough.

Tarboroken
    Tarboroken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2017

I wish I could help you. Go find a 16 year old and he or she can help you. I've gotten to damn old. This latest technology has kicked my tail. I hope someone can help you figure it out b/c I'm looking for some winners tonight. Thanks for your hard work. Best of luck.

Grinder12000

If you are using WORD - copy it to notebook, then cut and paste THAT! that will take all of the objects out of your post. There are a crap load of garbage WORD will imbed into their text! WORD is a pain in the ass. It's a headache in blogger also.

J.M. Disciple
    J.M. Disciple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9735

so are there any plays?

Andy3568
    Update your status
    Andy3568's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3286

I believe Boston won the last three, so San Jose should be a play tonight. But the odds are pretty even right now, so you may want to wait awhile to see who ends up the favorite.

calebepley93
    calebepley93's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you have the ESPN Scorecenter app you can click on a game and the results for the last 5 games for each team will be on the page. Easy way to track if you don't have the patience to wait for Wallco's post.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Wallco99 View Post
    I don't know what happened to this site over the past year, but any thread I open after the date that I opened this one, I am having problems copy and pasting from WORD to the thread. An error message pops up and says "There are 100 objects listed within your post, the limit is ten objects". There are no "objects" in my posts, but the thread is reading something as an object. So for my NBA thread, in order to post something from WORD, I have to first paste it here, hit the post quick reply button, open it back up under edit, then copy it from this thread to the NBA thread. For some stupid reason, that works. It is a real pain in the ass, but that is one of the main reasons I am keeping this thread alive and not starting a new one each year. I have asked the mods several times if they had any ideas, but unless they want to bitch slap you for a petty violation, they won't even entertain your questions.

If anybody has any ideas why this is happening or what I can do to remedy it, then PLEEEEEEEASE let me know. I was trying to post an NBA schedule last night from Excel, and that was even more of a pain in the ass. The ******* are the spots I used for the original paste, and I had to delete them because the last time I left them here, Shari, the mod who whines the most, gave me one of her little slaps for posting NBA info in a NHL thread. Yeah I know, the world may have ended as we know it had I left it in here. During Chase 110 season, I have to post all the NBA plays in here, then copy and paste from here to the JM NBA thread. You usually won't see the *****, because normally I will just then edit and replace the Chase 110 plays with the NHL Gold plays for the day. But I had nothing worthwhile to post last night, so when I deleted the NBA schedule, ***** seemed good enough.
    If you are using WORD - copy it to notebook, then cut and paste THAT! that will take all of the objects out of your post. There are a crap load of garbage WORD will imbed into their text! WORD is a pain in the ass. It's a headache in blogger also.
    Correct. MS Word embeds a bunch of crap in their text that you can't see. If you are using a PC do what he said (copy / paste into notepad) or on a Mac copy/paste into TextEdit, then paste here.

I suspect you may also be able to use the site tags like [ code ] or [ table ] etc.

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2013-14 System to date: 15-0 (fin. series)
    System profit/loss: +15.00 units (fin.series)
    Current open series: 0

v1 Plays
    (A) 9-2
    (B) 2-0

(C) 0-0
    Losses: None

v2 Plays
    (A) 4-0
    (B) 0-0

(C) 0-0
    Losses: None

Games for (10/24/13):
    #16 San Jose (M/L) @ Boston v1 (A) (7:05 pm EDT)

Do not place any wagers on teams unless you are sure your team is the dog or favorite. The team underlined and highlighted blue is the team we are betting on, regardless of v1 or v2. If you play the closer line games too early, you may be overpaying for a loss if you play the P/L and should have been on the M/L, or lose a game that you would have won had you been on the (+1½) instead of the M/L. We will always play the M/L on favorites and (-110) games, and always play the (+1½) if the team we are betting on is a dog. ALL results will be based on this principle. If it is a close line game, you may want to wait til closer to game time to place your wager so you know whether or not we are on the (+1½) or the (M/L). All lines and standings are based on FINAL lines from ScoresandOdds.com/. If one of the teams we are playing switches from a favorite to a dog, or vice versa, after my initial post, make sure you get the appropriate line if it differs from what I have posted. The wins and losses will be based on who is the dog team on ScoresandOdds.com/ final lines.
    System rules & backtest can be found in posts #2446 and #2447.
    Last edited by Wallco99; 10-24-13 at 06:28 PM.
    Points Awarded:

bisturis gave Wallco99 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Maxi_EV gave Wallco99 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Wallco99

Sorry for the late post. I did post it this morning but I think I may have forgotten to hit the "Post Quick Reply" button. Well anyway, there is still plenty of time until the game starts.

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    Correct. MS Word embeds a bunch of crap in their text that you can't see. If you are using a PC do what he said (copy / paste into notepad) or on a Mac copy/paste into TextEdit, then paste here.

I suspect you may also be able to use the site tags like [ code ] or [ table ] etc.
    What exactly is "notepad" and how do I get to it?

Wallco99

Same question I asked him, what is "notebook" and how do I get to it?

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

"notepad" is a text application which is integrated into Microsoft Windows.

Which version of Windows do you use?

bisturis
    bisturis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6075

What exactly is "notepad" and how do I get to it?
    Start
    All Programs
    Accessories
    Notepad

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Quote Originally Posted by bisturis View Post

Start
    All Programs
    Accessories
    Notepad
    lol - or just do that

cadetduke
    cadetduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

Quote Originally Posted by bisturis View Post
    Start
    All Programs
    Accessories
    Notepad
    Even easier is to hit the Windows button on your keyboard + r, then type notepad.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

You're using a PC then? (Not a Mac)

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    "notepad" is a text application which is integrated into Microsoft Windows.

Which version of Windows do you use?
    Windows 7

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    lol - or just do that
    I tried it. How do you copy into notepad and keep all the fonts, colors and bold print that I have in my Word document? The formatting is the most important part of my posts.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

I tried it. How do you copy into notepad and keep all the fonts, colors and bold print that I have in my Word document? The formatting is the most important part of my posts.
    a-ha...there's the issue. The idea of pasting into notepad is to get rid of any hidden "objects", i.e. it strips it of everything except the basic text, meaning no formatting or anything.

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    a-ha...there's the issue. The idea of pasting into notepad is to get rid of any hidden "objects", i.e. it strips it of everything except the basic text, meaning no formatting or anything.
    Crap, there is a lot of formatting in my posts. Really need to keep it. Any other idaes?

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

You could take a screenshot of the word document and attach it as an image here...

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-10-24 at 2.44.44 PM.png
Views: 602
Size:  10.8 KB

cadetduke
    cadetduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

Have you tried...

Can't do it in quick reply though.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

Testing

Testing

testing

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

Quote Originally Posted by cadetduke View Post
    Have you tried...

Can't do it in quick reply though.
    I tried that, it stripped the colors for me.

Grinder12000

Back to Hockey for a second - I got San Jose as a dog +1.5 -320

Tarboroken
    Tarboroken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2017

You guys amaze me with how computer savvy y'all are.

Wallco99

Back to Hockey for a second - I got San Jose as a dog +1.5 -320
    The play is M/L, but do as you wish. ALL teams can be gotten on the +1 1/2 at ANY time, but that is not the system

skyscrapers
    Go Big or Go Home
    skyscrapers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 33900

I think what happened is Wallco you copy and paste the facsimile too many times. It's like trying to re-record over a cassette tape over and over again and eventually all you gonna get is noise due to the tape wearing out. Every time you copy something, WORD or other programs can add some 'objects' that you can't see. Over time these 'objects' will add up and that's why SBR notifies you that you've exceeded their objects limit. So copy the original or close to the original and then edit it on here instead of in WORD. Hope that helps

First ... 73747576777879 ... Last