CrazyCarl
    CrazyCarl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2162

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarrete View Post
    Hi guys, im new here and im interested in follow this system, but i have a doubt about the odds.
    First of all i have to apologize because english is not my mother language (you will see xD) and i will make several mistakes. I hope you can understand it.

If i'm right, this system, the amount depends on the odds since the goal of the system is make the bet to get a unit of profit. But now im checking the odds and i see that almost all of the games have odds around 1.3 - 1.4 (-333.33 - -250). This means that the bet has to be quite big to make a single unit of profit (even more if theres a B or C bet). In NBA the Handicap (ATS) odds always go around the 1.9 (-110) and its quite easier and less risky.
    Maybe my error is looking the odds now and not before in the morning. I wanna know if is there this big difference depending on the moment of the day.

For example. Lets says that i wanna make 1€ of profit in any chase.
    St. Louis @ Columbus (+1½) .
    In bet365 (this is where i bet) the Handicap is 1.52 . So i have to bet 2€ and if the pick goes wrong, the next bet (B bet) will depend on the odd too + the 2€ i've lost in the first bet and the same in case of a C bet.

I wanna know if im right in this example and the first doubt about the odds variaty depending on the moment of the day.

Thanks guys and please excuse my english, im trying to improve.
    I'm not sure exactly what your question is, but what you're saying seems to be correct. The plays can be very juicy, but at the same time, that means they're more likely to win.

If you didn't like playing this way, you could just change it and play the moneylines instead, most likely. Usually spreads are just conversions of the moneyline, or vice versa. If you played it this way, you would be much more likely to lose series, but your losses would also be very cheap. Keep in mind that the varied results from playing moneyline rather than puckline for underdogs was not tested and I wouldn't really recommend playing it unless you did test it.
    Last edited by CrazyCarl; 01-31-13 at 07:36 PM.

Wallco99
    Wallco99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39320

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagMan View Post
    Hey Wallco, new to the chase and looking forward to a profitable half season.

I am a bit confused by the betting amounts.

Here's the snippet from the original post:

If your team wins the first bet ((A) bet)), the series is over. If it loses, you will proceed to a (B) bet, wagering the amount you lost in (A) plus whatever profit you were trying to achieve in (A). If (B) bet loses, your (C) bet will be losses from (A) + (B) + profit. If (C) loses, the series is over and we take a loss. Hockey betting can be one of the most expensive sports to lose a 3 game chase, so adjust your wagers accordingly. Generally a loss is around 20 units, many are lower, and some are larger (could be upwards of 30 units). There are generally 150-170 plays in the v1 system, and from my backtesting I have noticed that it is usually around 9 losses before we take a negative for the season. This has only happened once.

So from my understanding, let's say I'm betting on a Flyers chase. In game 1 I bet $50 on the Flyers at +1.5 for -170. They lose.

A Bet Lost: $17
    Profit Lost in Bet A: $10

According to the snippet above for my B bet, it'd be the 'amount you lost in (A)' which would be $17, plus 'whatever profit you were trying to achieve in (A)' which would be $10. $17 + $10 = $27.

So according to the above snippet my bet would be $27.

OK, Game 2 I bet $27 on the Flyers +1.5 at -200. I won that game and I take $13.50.

So basically after winning game two you're down $3.50 as you only recovered $13.50 of the $17.50 lost in your A-bet.

Should the original post say wagering to win the amount you lost in (A) plus whatever profit you were trying to achieve in (A)?
    You are always looking to win a unit, so whatever you have to wager to acheive that is the bet amount for that particular bet.

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    I'm not sure exactly what your question is, but what you're saying seems to be correct. The plays can be very juicy, but at the same time, that means they're more likely to win.

If you didn't like playing this way, you could just change it and play the moneylines instead, most likely. Usually spreads are just conversions of the moneyline, or vice versa. If you played it this way, you would be much more likely to lose series, but your losses would also be very cheap. Keep in mind that the varied results from playing moneyline rather than puckline for underdogs was not tested and I wouldn't really recommend playing it unless you did test it.
    I believe it was AlexkNYC who tracked playing this system that way last season. According to him, the way I laid it out was much more profitable. His tracking can be found earlier in this thread somewhere.

CrazyCarl

I just about guarantee that some seasons it would be better one way, and other seasons would be better the other.

But, I probably won't bother testing that myself anytime soon.

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2012-13 System to date: 1-0 (fin. series)
    System profit/loss: +1.00 units (fin. series)
    Current open series: 1 (-2.10 units)

(1/30/13):
    #2 Minnesota (+1½) v1 (A) - Win

v1 Plays
    (A) 1-0
    (B) 0-0

(C) 0-0

v2 Plays
    (A) 0-1
    (B) 0-0

(C) 0-0

Games for (1/31/13):
    #1 Winnipeg @ Florida (M/L) v2 (B) (7:35 pm EST)
    #3 St. Louis @ Columbus (+1½) v1 (A) (7:05 pm EST)
    #4 Buffalo (+1½) @ Boston v1 (A) (7:05 pm EST)
    #5 Nashville (+1½) @ L.A. Kings v2 (A) (10:35 pm EST)
    #6 Colorado (+1½) @ Calgary v2 (A) (9:05 pm EST)
    #7 Edmonton (+1½) @ San Jose v1 (A) (10:35 pm EST)

Do not place any wagers on teams unless you are sure your team is the dog or favorite. You may be overpaying for a loss if you play the P/L and should have been on the M/L, or lose a game that you would have won had you been on the (+1½) instead of the M/L. We will always play the M/L on favorites and (-110) games, and always play the (+1½) if the team we are betting on is a dog. ALL results will be based on this principle. If it is a close line game, you may want to wait til closer to game time to place your wager so you know whether or not we are on the (+1½) or the (M/L). All lines and standings are based on FINAL lines from ScoresandOdds.com/. If one of the teams we are playing switches from a favorite to a dog, or vice versa, after my initial post, make sure you get the appropriate line if it differs from what I have posted. The wins and losses will be based on who is the dog team on ScoresandOdds.com/ final lines.
    System rules & backtest can be found in posts #1 and #2.
    Points Awarded:

doin gave Wallco99 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

noveggies
    noveggies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Gotta admit that the first night with ~20 units in play (because I got on FLA when it was the dog before I left this afternoon, mostly -- that was like 8 units) had me questioning my sanity a bit. But Nash just went to OT at 1-1, so looks like 5-1 tonight and I'll rest a little easier next time

CrazyCarl

Quote Originally Posted by noveggies View Post
    Gotta admit that the first night with ~20 units in play (because I got on FLA when it was the dog before I left this afternoon, mostly -- that was like 8 units) had me questioning my sanity a bit. But Nash just went to OT at 1-1, so looks like 5-1 tonight and I'll rest a little easier next time
    Risking nearly 10 units on the B bet is a bit unusual I believe (which people who got Florida +1.5 (-270ish) would've done).

However, people who bet Florida +1.5 -270 got a good line, as the line kept moving in Florida's favor.

Great start to the year

----

@Wallco, I have a question if you don't mind...

For V2, if both teams are -100 or worse (both -110 for example), and one of the teams DOES have a puckline, do we go by the moneyline or by the puckline in determining if they qualify for a system play?

I.e. if both teams are at -110, but one of the teams had the P/L at +1.5 (-340), and then that team ended up losing by 1, would that count towards their losing streak, or not?
    Last edited by CrazyCarl; 02-01-13 at 02:01 AM.

doin
    doin's Avatar Become A Pro!

NHL Gold. Holy shit

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2012-13 System to date: 6-0 (fin. series)
    System profit/loss: +6.00 units (fin. series)
    Current open series: 1 (-1.90 units)

(1/31/13):
    #1 Florida (+1½) v2 (B) - Win
    #3 Columbus (+1½) v1 (A) - Loss
    #4 Buffalo (+1½) v1 (A) - Win
    #5 Nashville (+1½) v2 (A) - Win
    #6 Colorado (+1½) v2 (A) - Win
    #7 Edmonton (+1½) v1 (A) - Win

v1 Plays
    (A) 3-1
    (B) 0-0

(C) 0-0

v2 Plays
    (A) 2-1
    (B) 1-0

(C) 0-0

Games for (2/1/13):
    #3 St. Louis @ Detroit (M/L) v1 (B) (7:35 pm EST)
    #8 Winnipeg (+1½) @ Tampa Bay v1 (A) (7:35 pm EST)

Do not place any wagers on teams unless you are sure your team is the dog or favorite. You may be overpaying for a loss if you play the P/L and should have been on the M/L, or lose a game that you would have won had you been on the (+1½) instead of the M/L. We will always play the M/L on favorites and (-110) games, and always play the (+1½) if the team we are betting on is a dog. ALL results will be based on this principle. If it is a close line game, you may want to wait til closer to game time to place your wager so you know whether or not we are on the (+1½) or the (M/L). All lines and standings are based on FINAL lines from ScoresandOdds.com/. If one of the teams we are playing switches from a favorite to a dog, or vice versa, after my initial post, make sure you get the appropriate line if it differs from what I have posted. The wins and losses will be based on who is the dog team on ScoresandOdds.com/ final lines.
    Points Awarded:

GeorgeLynch gave Wallco99 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

OFS gave Wallco99 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Risking nearly 10 units on the B bet is a bit unusual I believe (which people who got Florida +1.5 (-270ish) would've done).

However, people who bet Florida +1.5 -270 got a good line, as the line kept moving in Florida's favor.

Great start to the year

----

@Wallco, I have a question if you don't mind...

For V2, if both teams are -100 or worse (both -110 for example), and one of the teams DOES have a puckline, do we go by the moneyline or by the puckline in determining if they qualify for a system play?

I.e. if both teams are at -110, but one of the teams had the P/L at +1.5 (-340), and then that team ended up losing by 1, would that count towards their losing streak, or not?

And yes, that would count towards losing streak since -110 games are never playes with a puckline in this system.
    Points Awarded:

CrazyCarl gave Wallco99 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Grinder12000 gave Wallco99 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

CrazyCarl

I understood that for the plays, but apparently completely overlooked this:

"ALL results will be based on this principle."

Whoops.

Thanks.

allidoiswin89
    allidoiswin89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5728

Nevermind...

rustie
    rustie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3969

Good night last night Wallco, wishing you the best again tonight

cwin32
    cwin32's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should the Detroit play have been puckline? Looks like St. Louis closed as the fav -115

SuperHappyTime
    SuperHappyTime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cwin32 View Post
    Should the Detroit play have been puckline? Looks like St. Louis closed as the fav -115
    I never saw Detroit +1.5, which is the requirement for PL. Scoresandodds.com says DET is the favorite

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by cwin32 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperHappyTime View Post
    I never saw Detroit +1.5, which is the requirement for PL. Scoresandodds.com says DET is the favorite

Detroit (M/L) was the play, there was no favorite. Both teams were -110 at close.

CrazyCarl

Most books had DET at plus money at close, but I think this system just goes by scoresandodds close.

In any case, it doesn't matter now -- either play won.

Spungalo
    Spungalo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2424

Been lurking for awhile, wallco. Thanks for a fun system!

noveggies
    noveggies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

So just TB fade today?

ravau91
    ravau91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 948

No plays today ? Even Devils+1,5 ?

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2012-13 System to date: 7-0 (fin. series)
    System profit/loss: +7.00 units (fin. series)
    Current open series: 1 (-1.75 units)

(2/1/13):
    #3 Detroit (M/L) v1 (B) - Win
    #8 Winnipeg (+1½) v1 (A) - Loss

v1 Plays
    (A) 3-2
    (B) 1-0

(C) 0-0

v2 Plays
    (A) 2-1
    (B) 1-0

(C) 0-0

Games for (2/2/13):
    #8 N.Y. Rangers (+1½) @ Tampa Bay v1 (B) (7:05 pm EST)

Points Awarded:

analyzer gave Wallco99 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by ravau91 View Post
    No plays today ? Even Devils+1,5 ?
    I will post every day, even if there are no plays.
    Points Awarded:

Grinder12000 gave Wallco99 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

rustie gave Wallco99 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

noveggies gave Wallco99 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Spungalo

Alwarrete
    Alwarrete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 955

Wich Odd did you take =?=?

I only have -270 . I think its too low odds in hockey P/L and its so much risk for a (B) bet. What do you think ???

AstroTexAg
    AstroTexAg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

Wallco NHL GOLD is not for the faint of heart.

samrock67
    samrock67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1230

Quote Originally Posted by AstroTexAg View Post
    Wallco NHL GOLD is not for the faint of heart.
    But it IS for people who want

sausageman13
    sausageman13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1150

Should Nashville on Puck Line be a play for today Saturday as a dog against Sharks... Scores and Odds seems to have them fitting the V1 criteria?

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by sausageman13 View Post
    Should Nashville on Puck Line be a play for today Saturday as a dog against Sharks... Scores and Odds seems to have them fitting the V1 criteria?
    No, not a play. San Jose was only on a four game win streak, need it to be 6 for a new play. The last play on San Jose fade already won.

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2012-13 System to date: 8-0 (fin. series)
    System profit/loss: +8.00 units (fin. series)
    Current open series: 0

(2/2/13):
    #8 N.Y. Rangers (+1½) v1 (B) - Win

v1 Plays
    (A) 3-2
    (B) 2-0

(C) 0-0

v2 Plays
    (A) 2-1
    (B) 1-0

(C) 0-0

There are no system plays for (2/3/13)

Points Awarded:

Spungalo gave Wallco99 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MLefty
    MLefty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

im sure this is somewhere in the first post and i just missed it but what happens when two teams both have just won their third game and are about to play eachother. For example, the if Islanders win then they will play Pittsburgh on the 5th who just won their 3rd game today...?

Wallco99

Quote Originally Posted by MLefty View Post
    im sure this is somewhere in the first post and i just missed it but what happens when two teams both have just won their third game and are about to play eachother. For example, the if Islanders win then they will play Pittsburgh on the 5th who just won their 3rd game today...?
    Both teams will be a play, one team on the M/L and one team +1 1/2. There is a chance of winning both and no chance of losing both. If both teams are -110, we will skip that game entirely, and pick up the team that lost for 2 units on a normal B bet. This actually WILL happen several times throughout the season.

Wallco99

Wallco NHL GOLD
    2012-13 System to date: 8-0 (fin. series)
    System profit/loss: +8.00 units (fin. series)
    Current open series: 0

v1 Plays
    (A) 3-2
    (B) 2-0

(C) 0-0

v2 Plays
    (A) 2-1
    (B) 1-0

(C) 0-0

There are no system plays for (2/4/13)

Points Awarded:

Maleku gave Wallco99 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

CrazyCarl gave Wallco99 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Grinder12000
    Grinder12000's Avatar Become A Pro!

This NHL chase is like living on the edge every day. WHEW! :-)

Legion#21
    Legion#21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

I might jump onboard here.

sausageman13
    sausageman13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1150

Thanks Wallco yep went back and re-looked, got lucky and played Nash both on PL and ML fading SJ that day and won anyway but I will save my energy and just watch for your picks. Thanks for great system!

John Deere
    Beer Time !!!!!
    John Deere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5844

Might play this system as well !
    Thanks for sharing !

Kind of new with sportsbets. If i'm doing 20$ units, is it to Risk or to win ?

First ... 37383940414243 ... Last