RVD
    RVD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3080

NHL Wednesday :

Phoenix is playing the last game of a 4 game road trip on the East Coast tonight in Columbus. Goalie Mikael Tellquist gets the call. Coyotes on a 5 game winless streak.

Columbus goalie Steve Mason registered a 2-0 shutout in his last start following a 7-2 loss by the team with no 1 goalie Pascal Leclaire in net. Mason gets the start tonight.

Phoenix is playing the last game of the road trip and I think the players can't wait to go back home in the sun with the way things are going. Coyotes will go against a tough in your face team which play hard at home. Phoenix is not performing well on the road. I like the Blue Jackets chances tonight.

Columbus (-135)

RVD

As stated in my AHL play in other thread, the Washington Capitals are shuffling their lineups due to injuries. The Caps have two big guns and a good player out since a few games, add injuries to supporting cast and you need bunch of players from farm club. I think we have some chemistry problems tonight for Washington. Team is also playing first home game after long trip to West Coast. Defense is terrible right now.

I like Atlanta chances tonight specially with the current odds. The Thrashers are not a power team in the NHL but they can attack this Capitals team tonight. Atlanta has been a streaky team, they won last night we could see momentum building.

Atlanta (+150)

RVD

Montreal is on a two game losing streak, two straight OT losses.

Detroit 5 game winning streak came to end with a 3-2 OT loss at Vancouver on nov. 24.

What we have here is a struggling team against a team rolling over the last 2 weeks. However, I think Habs are not in a terrible situation. Indeed, Montreal is matching well against teams not very physical. Detroit is a puck control team which skate well but not very physical. Montreal is a team with many skilled players with decent speed, those players are performing well with room on the ice. We should see two teams skating tonight. Guys like Alex Kovalev, Alex Tanguay, Tomas Plekanek and Andrei Kostytyn should be able to show their skill in this kind of matchup.

I like the Canadiens chances, price is attractive. Detroit is coming from a West Coast trip with only one day to fight jet leg. Star defenseman Niklas Lidstrom is getting old, this time of schedule hurt veterans players. Montreal could face a flat team tonight. Detroit is coming from a terrific run, not sure they are as hungry as Habs for a win tonight. Wort a shot a this price.

Montreal (+175)

RVD

Dallas is on a 3 game winless streak.

Minnesota got back on the winning side with 4-3 win over Washington.

I think the Stars are in a slump due chemistry and bad goaltending. Good players are out and team learning to play without them. Minnesota is healthier and tough at home. Goaltending is good. I like Minnesota chances. Good home team vs mediocre road team.

Minnesota (-155)

RVD

Kings goalie Erik Ensberg has been on fire over the last few weeks. Unfortunetely, Ensberg terrific run is over, he lost his last 2 starts. The LA netminder gave up 4 goals in each of his last 2 starts and was pulled after 4 goals on 18 shots in his last start. Jason Labarbara gets the start tonight.

Edmonton has lost twice to Detroit over their last 3 games and put impressive 7-2 win over Columbus in the other game.

Edmonton had very good opposition in their last few games. Opposition not as good tonight and Los Angeles blue line was exposed in the last 2 games. Kings allowed 10 goals in last 2 games. On the other hand Edmonton scored 10 times in their last 2 games. I think Edmonton is catching the Kings at right time. Los Angeles lost 6-2 last night in Calgary and I think they are ready to go down if Edmonton can jump on them early. Back to back games in a traveling situation, Edmonton fresh and waiting at home. I like the Oilers chances. Edmonton will have some open ice.

Edmonton (-160)