Go4theJugular
    Go4theJugular's Avatar Become A Pro!

Serious question about the Sedins...

I was just wondering why everyone takes shots at the Sedins and not the other Canucks.

"Sedin sisters"

"Thelma and Louis"

Don't get me wrong, I watch hockey as a casual fan and can see how dirty and unlikeable this team is, but why does everyone always single out those guys?

I know Luongo is a target because he's mentally fragile.

Just curious

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Go to the 12:30 mark on the video link below and take a look. Brad Marchard is a ROOKIE and stands at 5'9. This is the Stanley Cup. Game was over and you really have to wonder why he didn't retaliate. Hey, those twins were hot during the season, but this must have been tough to take for Nuck fans to watch a rookie slap around one of your stars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nbKggiRU8k

sanchez
    sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!

sedins are great in the regular season, but in the playoffs everything is harder, faster, and most of all more physical

they need to adjust their game to suit playoff hockey better to truly be considered some of the best in the league

thebertshow
    thebertshow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

They are top scorers and stars. Stars are always going to have potshots taken at them when they lose. Hopefully they will step up in game 7.

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow who lets someone punch them in the face 3 times without responding?

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NickDiaz209 View Post

Just about everyone of the Canooks will let that happen to them...

I have said it before............Canooks are smoke and mirrors...they are fluff.....

Blow on them and they fall down......

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpoint View Post
    Go to the 12:30 mark on the video link below and take a look. Brad Marchard is a ROOKIE and stands at 5'9. This is the Stanley Cup. Game was over and you really have to wonder why he didn't retaliate. Hey, those twins were hot during the season, but this must have been tough to take for Nuck fans to watch a rookie slap around one of your stars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nbKggiRU8k

that video sums up the sedins and the Vancouver team in general

fvcking embarrassing

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

after they win cup they will get more respect probably, right now they are unpopular it is true. to me chara is very unlikable and dirty, will never forget that cheap shot spinal cord injury on that montreal canadien player.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

That was embarrassing to see as a Canucks fan for real. After punch two he probably should have realized a penalty wasn't being called and punched Frodo back.

JW Cash

Just saw the hits Sedin Took.................THAT WAS INCREDIBLE.....He just stood there and took 4 HITS IN THE FACE
    from a rookie and DID NOTHING......................!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

and you call him a professional hockey player...................!!!!!!!!!!

JW Cash

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    that video sums up the sedins and the Vancouver team in general

fvcking embarrassing

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

they get singled out because they are pussies and because Henrik flopes/dives/embellishes ALL THE TIME. What kind of leader/captain does that? Especially in the stanley cup finals! he even took a penalty for it last night. he's been diving all series long. Burrows is a pussy too. he bites and pulls hair

JW Cash

Princesses Danilella and Henrietta......................

NAME ME ONE OTHER HOCKEY PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF THE NHL THAT WOULD ALLOW HIMSELF TO BE PUNCHED IN THE FACE 4 TIMES WITHOUT RETALIATING ???????

( other than the pussy Canooks, of course )
    Last edited by JW Cash; 06-14-11 at 06:01 PM.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by JW Cash View Post
    Princesses Danilella and Henrietta......................

NAME ME ONE OTHER HOCKEY PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF THE NHL THAT WOULD ALLOW HIMSELF TO BE PUNCHED IN THE FACE 4 TIMES WITHOUT RETALIATING ???????

( other than the pussy Canooks, of course )

I don't understand how you can be the captain and the leader of a hockey team if you are such a pussy. How focused can a team stay if they don't even respect their captain?

Check out the Sedin and Burrows dives i posted in previous thread. Henrik is such a pussy. He's basically just a vagina with a helmet on.

hockey216

Daniel Sedin has no self respect. How do you call yourself a leader of a team and just let a rookie own you like that. That's unbelievable.

I know he's not captain. but he's the alternate captain i think.

how can you just let a rookie punch you repeatedly in the face like that and not stand up for yourself? That's unbelievable.

dude has no self respect.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by NickDiaz209 View Post

it was 7 times. Daniel Sedin got punched in the face 7 times by a rookie, and did nothing about it. If he didn't want to get punched or fight, why was he grappling with marchand? why not skate away or go to bench? why is he grappling with someone if he isn't going to defend himself? why is he even near marchand? just so he can take a beating so he can "draw" penalty when the game's over anyway? what a pussy.

pinchylarue
    *** SBR'S WORST POKER PLAYER ***
    pinchylarue's Avatar Become A Pro!

pinky and the brain twins

JW Cash

7 fukking times...............I dont believe it................

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I can see D. Sedin's logic although it's not my personal logic. As far as Marchand goes he needs to meet up with someone that doesn't mind a few broken teeth stuck in their hands...Sickening display in my books.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Obviously the Sedins haven't had a good playoffs but they are a huge part as to why they are there in the first place. You can bash them all you want but they are still great hockey players. Do you think Gretzky ever threw a punch?

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Obviously the Sedins haven't had a good playoffs but they are a huge part as to why they are there in the first place. You can bash them all you want but they are still great hockey players. Do you think Gretzky ever threw a punch?
    1) Sedins are not anywhere near the same level as Gretzky.

2) Mario Lemieux fought. Gordie Howe fought. Phil Esposito fought.

Many of the hockey greats, who are a LOT better than the sissy Sedin Sisters, all were tougher guys who could drop the gloves. Didn't do it every night (Gordie Howe might have), but none of these guys would just stand there and let a rookie punch them 7 times in the face. especiallly after that rookie scored the goal that gave his team the lead.

hockey216

Mark Messier could fight too. Look at the all time greats lists, and tell me how many of those guy's would be ok with a guy being a leader on their team who would just let a rookie beat the shit out of them without even defending themselves.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    1) Sedins are not anywhere near the same level as Gretzky. 2) Mario Lemieux fought. Gordie Howe fought. Phil Esposito fought. Many of the hockey greats, who are a LOT better than the sissy Sedin Sisters, all were tougher guys who could drop the gloves. Didn't do it every night (Gordie Howe might have), but none of these guys would just stand there and let a rookie punch them 7 times in the face. especiallly after that rookie scored the goal that gave his team the lead.
    Canadian, Canadian and Canadian. The Sedins are Swedish. How many tough guys are there from Sweden? I can count the number of Swedish guys who play with an edge on one hand. It's just not in most Swede's nature to be fighters or to scrum after the whistle.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Daniel Sedin has no self respect. How do you call yourself a leader of a team and just let a rookie own you like that. That's unbelievable. I know he's not captain. but he's the alternate captain i think. how can you just let a rookie punch you repeatedly in the face like that and not stand up for yourself? That's unbelievable. dude has no self respect.
    Pretty classless by Marchand to be honest. A rookie disrespecting the leading scorer of the league. It's one thing to try and hit them during play but to do that after the whistle is just disrespectful.

Pretty sad to see the lack of self respect players have for one another in the modern era. This shit would never fly back in the 70-90's. Just look at all the head shots and hits from behind these days.

Go4theJugular
    Go4theJugular's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Pretty classless by Marchand to be honest. A rookie disrespecting the leading scorer of the league. It's one thing to try and hit them during play but to do that after the whistle is just disrespectful. Pretty sad to see the lack of self respect players have for one another in the modern era. This shit would never fly back in the 70-90's. Just look at all the head shots and hits from behind these days.
    STFU man...I'm just a casual hockey fan but I know that this is a sport of toughness. Flopping, bitching at the refs, and refusing to defend yourself has no place in a sport like hockey. I don't give a shit if you are the biggest Canucks fan in the world, I'd be pissed at my own player for letting someone do that to him. I hate the city of Boston with passion but the players deserve to win the cup...and I kind of feel bad (for the fans) that Canada hasn't won in decades, but the players on this team are disgraceful.

Tim Thomas is a true leader and represents his team's grit. They scratch and claw their way to victory

Meanwhile Luongo is a mental midget pussy bitch who cried because the opposing goalie didn't say nice things about him? WTF? What kind of pussy begs his opponent for a compliment? I was in shock when I read this guy's quote.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2440

it was 7 times. Daniel Sedin got punched in the face 7 times by a rookie, and did nothing about it. If he didn't want to get punched or fight, why was he grappling with marchand? why not skate away or go to bench? why is he grappling with someone if he isn't going to defend himself? why is he even near marchand? just so he can take a beating so he can "draw" penalty when the game's over anyway? what a pussy.

Nahh, he is like, "What bitch? You hit like a girl. You're like a little nat. Now i'm gonna go f*ck your sister because I'm the Sweedish Shiznit"

MathewXB
    Update your status
    MathewXB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpoint View Post
    Go to the 12:30 mark on the video link below and take a look. Brad Marchard is a ROOKIE and stands at 5'9. This is the Stanley Cup. Game was over and you really have to wonder why he didn't retaliate. Hey, those twins were hot during the season, but this must have been tough to take for Nuck fans to watch a rookie slap around one of your stars. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nbKggiRU8k
    Ya and Marchard should have been in the box but mysteriously avoided it!!!!!!! But if sedin hit him back the would have been hauled off for retaliation.

Fischnasty
    come on Papanick!
    Fischnasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 311

i really hope these two brothers can pull it off

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Go4theJugular View Post
    STFU man...I'm just a casual hockey fan but I know that this is a sport of toughness. Flopping, bitching at the refs, and refusing to defend yourself has no place in a sport like hockey. I don't give a shit if you are the biggest Canucks fan in the world, I'd be pissed at my own player for letting someone do that to him. I hate the city of Boston with passion but the players deserve to win the cup...and I kind of feel bad (for the fans) that Canada hasn't won in decades, but the players on this team are disgraceful. Tim Thomas is a true leader and represents his team's grit. They scratch and claw their way to victory Meanwhile Luongo is a mental midget pussy bitch who cried because the opposing goalie didn't say nice things about him? WTF? What kind of pussy begs his opponent for a compliment? I was in shock when I read this guy's quote.
    Yes it's sad the Sedins flop and take shit like a bitch and I'm not proud of it as a VAN fan but the Bruins have been going a bit far with the disrespect on the Sedins. Luongo has always been mentally weak and he's jealous of all the attention Thomas is getting. Lots of weak fcuks on the Canucks I know and hate watching it as a fan. Shits embarassing but it's my team so I obviously still gotta support my boys, even the pussies.

mike-dub
    mike-dub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 530

nothin even said about marchand hitting sedin after the game and his goofy comments "i felt like it". just like mathew said, if it was torres hittin bergeron, everyone would be giving props to bergeron for keeping his cool and not responding and rippin on torres for throwing punches after the game. so good on daniel for not hittin the little pipsqueak back. besides it looks like he was hitting him with feathers, daniel probably didnt even notice it!
    and what about boychuk ridin raymond into the boards? why the eff didnt he even get so much as a penalty. the puck was long gone and boychuk was still pushing him into the boards. now raymonds out with a cracked vertebrae and boychuk keeps playing.
    it will be a serious upset if canucks win. the books may have them as favourites, but theyre not

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Go4theJugular View Post
    STFU man...I'm just a casual hockey fan but I know that this is a sport of toughness. Flopping, bitching at the refs, and refusing to defend yourself has no place in a sport like hockey. I don't give a shit if you are the biggest Canucks fan in the world, I'd be pissed at my own player for letting someone do that to him. I hate the city of Boston with passion but the players deserve to win the cup...and I kind of feel bad (for the fans) that Canada hasn't won in decades, but the players on this team are disgraceful. Tim Thomas is a true leader and represents his team's grit. They scratch and claw their way to victory Meanwhile Luongo is a mental midget pussy bitch who cried because the opposing goalie didn't say nice things about him? WTF? What kind of pussy begs his opponent for a compliment? I was in shock when I read this guy's quote.
    Forgot to add GFYM pal.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by mike-dub View Post
    nothin even said about marchand hitting sedin after the game and his goofy comments "i felt like it". just like mathew said, if it was torres hittin bergeron, everyone would be giving props to bergeron for keeping his cool and not responding and rippin on torres for throwing punches after the game. so good on daniel for not hittin the little pipsqueak back. besides it looks like he was hitting him with feathers, daniel probably didnt even notice it!
    and what about boychuk ridin raymond into the boards? why the eff didnt he even get so much as a penalty. the puck was long gone and boychuk was still pushing him into the boards. now raymonds out with a cracked vertebrae and boychuk keeps playing.
    it will be a serious upset if canucks win. the books may have them as favourites, but theyre not

you clearly do not know boston fans. If Torres starting punching Bergeron, i would want Bergeron to punch back. I wouldn't want him to sit there like a pussy and take a beating. What kind of Alternate Captain does that? Boston fans love a scrap, and they love tough guys. Boston fans would NOT be happy if Bergeron just sat there and took a beating from Torres, and didn't even defend himself. If Torres started punching Bergeron, boston fans would expect Bergeron to punch back. Shawn Thornton is a fan favorite. Why? bc he's a tough guy. You think he would just sit there and let someone punch him 7 times without punching back? We would not applaud any of our players for acting like sissies.

Now, that's not saying we want them to go out and fight every whistle and never play the game. We obviously want to win the game. But scraps happen. they are a part of hockey. And when they happen, you take it like a man and stand your ground.

My freshman year of high school, i was only 14 years old and was 5'5 and 115 pounds. I played varsity. I didn't get in many scraps. I was really small at 14 and only got in 1 fight all year. I'm not a tough guy or anything. But when i did get in a scrap, i held my ground. I'd rather get in a fight, throw some fists, and lose, rather than sit there like a bitch and get punched in the face 7 times and not stand up for myself. What kind of man doesn't stand up for himself? If i lost... sure, i'd be disappointed. But i'd be happy that i stood up for myself and didn't let someone walk all over me. You gotta stand up for yourself. If you fight and lose, so what? That's ok. you stood up for yourself, you tried, and you came up short. That's ok. You deserve more respect for that than you would if you didn't defend yourself.

So, no. boston fans do not like sissies. Sedins flop and are whimps. burrows flops, bites people, and pulls hair (see above video).

I dont know how anyone can be proud of that.

I wonder how these guys get up in the morning, look themselves in the mirror and call themselves a man.

mike-dub
    mike-dub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 530

hockey 216, ( not gonna copy n paste all that!) id love to know what was going through sedins mind. youre right, you gotta stand up for yourself, even if it means pulling a "taylor hall" lol!
    but what are your thoughts, as a bruins fan, on boychuk riding raymond into the boards?

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I still fail to see why is fighting allowed in NHL games ... I wonder if there are any books letting people bet on posible fights and fights winners during a match (maybe in the future the refferees could decide the winner) ...

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by mike-dub View Post
    hockey 216, ( not gonna copy n paste all that!) id love to know what was going through sedins mind. youre right, you gotta stand up for yourself, even if it means pulling a "taylor hall" lol!
    but what are your thoughts, as a bruins fan, on boychuk riding raymond into the boards?
    I still haven't formed a decisive opinion on it and am still in the process of reviewing the tape. From initially looking at it, it appears that Raymond put himself in that position by losing an edge. Again, i haven't definitively decided my opinion on it. I'm going to upload a few frames within the 1-2s the hit took place. It looks as if Raymond never officially touched puck, but my eyes could be bad. He was very close to touching puck. But, his stick was like a millimeter from puck with boychuck initiated contact. Well not a millimeter but it looks like an inch or two... and considering the puck was moving pretty fast off a bounce from the boards, that's probably around 5/100 of 1s before he touched it. So, people can argue interference. But, i've always like battles along the boards. I like people being able to deliver the hit with a no-call if its just like .08s before they touch the puck. I've always thought interference should be one of those calls where the guy not in the play gets hit. or if the hit is late. If you're a millisecond from touching the puck, i think you should be able to get hit. That being said, it looks to me like Raymond got muscled a little bit as he was attempting to touch puck. Then, it looks like Raymond lost his edge. He spins and ducks to try to regain his edge. The blade of his left skate is mostly not on ice. It looks like he loses balance and tries to regain it. Then it looks like he ducks, and boychuck pushed him back into boards while his head was ducked (because he spun, lost edge, and ducked). It did not look to me like boychuck forcefully plowed him into boards. It didn't even look like that big of a hit to me initially. Raymond was just in funny position. It looks to me like he lost his balance, and spun around to try to regain it. That's how he ended up in that funny position where he was bent over with his head ducked around boychuck's waist.

Again, i still haven't definitively ruled my opinion. but it looks like it could possibly be interference. But, i like no-calls on plays like this because when the contact was initiated, raymond's still was a millimeter from the puck and he was a millisecond away from touching it. i dont think interference calls should be made when it's this close. Then, it looks like raymond lose his balance after boychuck tried boxing him out. Then he spun/lost edge trying to regain balance. that's probably how he ended up in that bad position bending over with head at boychucks legs. Boychuck does skate him into boards. but it looks like he does it rather lightly.

Obviously, it's a disappointment when an injury like this happens to any player. I'm still in the process of consulting the tape and developing my opinion. Other people's comments would help.

I'm going to upload a couple freeze frames of the different stages of the hit to try to illustrate what i was thinking. People are free to disagree. I welcome your opinions in this conversation.
    Attached Images  

12 Last