statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Here is what I think of the Penguins

Pending3/8/11 7:05pm NHL Hockey 3 Buffalo Sabres (1st 60 min) -½ +179* vs Pittsburgh Penguins (1st 60 min)

But at the same time

Pending3/8/11 7:05pm Hockey NHL +1200 Stanley Cup 2010-2011 - Pittsburgh Penguins

They have the goaltending and PK to challenge anyone in the playoffs. Just think something in the 6 or 7 to 1 range is correct. That is assuming Corby, Orpik and Kunitz all return in time for playoffs. Brooks looking at another month, Kunitz day to day and who the fukk knows on Crosby.

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1521

I think your crazy, and believe any team that makes the playoffs can and will eliminate them in the first round

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

I'm thinking the opposite, Pittsburgh wins tonight and have no chance in hell for the Cup.

Vinnybagadonuts
    Vinnybagadonuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Pitt will do okay in the playoffs, but they don't have enough offense to go all the way...

and I'm a HUGE Pens fan.

I would not expect Crosby back this season, and if he did come back, it would be in the playoffs only.

Pens are playing just over .500 hockey, and with the number of key injuries we have, I don't expect that to change much.

We could certainly win the first round of the playoffs, depending on who we're playing, but after that, it will be tough.

The only saving grace for us is that we have an outstanding penalty killing unit, and one of the best defenses in the league. Should some scorers get hot down the stretch, it could be interesting.

statnerds
    Put me in coach

And what wins in the Playoffs? Defense, goaltending and Special teams.

So when you have a stanley cup winning goaltender who is red hot since his shit start, the 5th best team GAA in the league and the number 1 PK in the league, you have a chance to make a run.

No way +1200 is a fair price

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Quote Originally Posted by gti175 View Post
    I think your crazy, and believe any team that makes the playoffs can and will eliminate them in the first round

So, what do we think now? Pens are going to finish with more than 100 points.

Still have no chance in the Playoffs?

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1521

Lol , still think the same bud.
    They have been winning in ot and shootouts 80% of the time. I hope they run into Ryan miller or henrick lunquist in the first round and I ll come back and bump this thread.

dise-pa
    dise-pa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4269

the pens power play is not going to carry them!!! with that said they will get the boot in the second round and if they play philly or washington forgetaboutit......their out

statnerds
    Put me in coach

Oh their PP will do nothing to help them in the Playoffs. Defense, number 1 PK in the league and a stud, stanley cup winning, hall of fame bound goalie will

Washington is still to soft to win in the playoffs. They can make some trades, have the talking heads lie about their improved defense, but that won't mean shit in the playoffs. why is it they only outshoot and shut down teams that suck offensively to begin with?

Philly plays like 4 defensemen. And they still have the same problem they have had since 1979, no reliable man between the pipes....

Tim Thomas and Boston will choke, just like every other post-season. They are the Pitt Panthers of the tourney...

And this won't be like last year. The East is a 3 horse race, Phi, Pit and Wash...

If Danny boy isn't up for coach of the year, it is bullshit. Let me see any other team in the league lose their top 2 scorers, one of which being the best player in the game that was on pace to destroy the rest of the league, and still go over 100 points.