soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would love some general advice

I frequent this forum to read various articles and threads on the mathy ways of looking at betting. I'm intrigued by all the talk of line moves, bankroll management, optimizing profits, etc etc.

I've got a small background in stats so most of it makes sense but I want to read more. Aside from what is in this forum, where else is a good place to look/read more? Please don't just recommend google, I've done that.

I've read all of Ganchrow's articles along with others about BTCL, using/not using parlays, modelling etc. I'm not looking for a solution to my betting, I do okay. Just hungry for more.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated

soul786

Thank you to Inspirited who sent me this link of books Justin7 has reviewed:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    Last edited by soul786; 11-15-12 at 12:56 PM.

VLR100
    VLR100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 985

Academic papers can contain a lot of valuable information. Might not be as immediately applicable to gambling as the material on here, but a good resource nonetheless.

vik
    vik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

soul I think you should edit the link. I think it reveals Justin7's real name.

soul786

Quote Originally Posted by vik View Post
    I'm sure it's ok until he tells me otherwise. He wouldn't have used his real name for he reviews if he didn't want it out there but if there is an issue I'll remove the link.

Just feel others would like to see what else is out there

cyberbabble
    cyberbabble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3353

Stanford Wong, King Yao, Elihu D. Feustel are generally considered the basic, starter books.
    Justin7 name is commonly known.

soul786

Thanks for the direction, looks like those books are my next step

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by vik View Post
    Thanks for the warning, vik. I accepted that my name would be public when I published, so it's ok.

LuckyNumber
    LuckyNumber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

bankroll mangement is probably the most important thing to learn about..i dont care if you hit 75%..if you dont manage well youll be broke and stressed in the worst way
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: allin1