CertainValor
    CertainValor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92

What does your spreadsheet look like?

I'm currently in the process of building a new tracking and handicapping spreadsheet and was curious what some of yours look like.

I've spent the last three months tracking Accuscore 60%> predictions and 4*predictions to see if their most confident picks support their claims. Generally they do not.

The difference between their handicapping efforts and my own efforts without the benefit of a "service" are about 0.6% over a large sample. Doesn't justify the cost.

This is something you already know, but figured I'd reiterate.

So I figure I'll rebuild my spreadsheet to handicap and track based on my own method from the last few months, since my method is free. But curious about the general layout of yours, what you include, etc.

Screenshots would be fun>

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

All the usuals, plus expected profit, then variance and 1 or 2 standdev figures. Can then graph the 1/2 standev lines so you know what range is typical. Nice way of remembering quite what a giant range of results you can get ..... only once you get outside 2SD do you start thinking good/bad luck :-)

TomG
    TomG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    All the usuals, plus expected profit, then variance and 1 or 2 standdev figures. Can then graph the 1/2 standev lines so you know what range is typical. Nice way of remembering quite what a giant range of results you can get ..... only once you get outside 2SD do you start thinking good/bad luck :-)
    be careful if your wagers are not all independent but you are assuming covariances equal to zero. otherwise your stdev calculations will be way off and you're going to see a lot of extreme results.

TomG
    TomG's Avatar Become A Pro!

handicapping and tracking spreadsheets should be totally different

CertainValor
    CertainValor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92

Quote Originally Posted by TomG View Post
    handicapping and tracking spreadsheets should be totally different
    They are. I just keep them in the same xls file. Easier to draw from one another.

tukkk
    ★★★★★
    tukkk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CertainValor View Post
    They are. I just keep them in the same xls file. Easier to draw from one another.
    use xlsb , its a lot faster
    Points Awarded:

TomG gave tukkk 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.