Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

What drug was Miami coach Mario Cristobal on last night?

It's unreal he makes this mistake.

"Not going to make an excuse for it, say we should've done this or that," Miami coach Mario Cristobal said of not taking a knee. "That's it. We should've done it. Sometimes you get carried away with just, finish the game and run it. I should've stepped in and said, 'Hey, just take a knee.'"

Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Bluehorseshoe 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9003

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    It's unreal he makes this mistake.

"Not going to make an excuse for it, say we should've done this or that," Miami coach Mario Cristobal said of not taking a knee. "That's it. We should've done it. Sometimes you get carried away with just, finish the game and run it. I should've stepped in and said, 'Hey, just take a knee.'"

Cristobal is an idiot who will eventually get fired. He only got the job because he is Cuban.
    Points Awarded:

mjsuax13 gave bjb7223 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 1112

He must have confused the usual cocaine with meth.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16169

living in Miami, but as an FSU fan...last night cannot be topped
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave Booya711 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post
    Cristobal is an idiot who will eventually get fired. He only got the job because he is Cuban.
    Kind of reminds me of the old joke...

Q: What does Monica Lewinsky and Lucille Ball both have in common?

A: They both did Cubans!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 458

Someone said that the combined IQ of all football coaches in NCAA together is less than the IQ of one chess player.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1556

Bath salts

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25099

Props to Eddy. He was on this early.

And the announcer (name??) called it. Two runs when the correct play call was Victory formation Kneel-down.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Props to Eddy. He was on this early.

And the announcer (name??) called it. Two runs when the correct play call was Victory formation Kneel-down.
    Was the announcer = Tim Hasselbeck?

It was Tim, major props. He can take over the Canes on Tuesday.

ChuckyTheGoat

One other sidebar on this game:
    *Canes literally had everything in front of them.

ACC is much improved this year:
    *Teams like FlaSt/MiaFL/NorthCarol/Duke/Louisville are very good this year.

Strength of schedule will be good for ACC. Games against North Carol and FlaSt upcoming.

ACC will merit a playoff slot this year. Canes were set up to be Top4. Where do they go now?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32504

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    He must have confused the usual cocaine with meth.
    I think he mixed the two together.

All you really need is a twenty milligram hit of Adderall, you're good to go.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9628

Reminds me of Bill O'Brien, I have no idea why this clown keeps getting top jobs. He is clearly mentally challenged.

And he did the same thing in 2018 at Oregon. Up 3, Stanford turns the ball over with 1:10 left and has one timeout. Idiot thinks he has to keep running it instead of taking 3 knees. They fumbled, Stanford ties it, and wins in OT.

I'm always amazed the QBs aren't smart enough to say "why aren't we kneeling?"
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Seattle Slew 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Reminds me of Bill O'Brien, I have no idea why this clown keeps getting top jobs. He is clearly mentally challenged.

And he did the same thing in 2018 at Oregon. Up 3, Stanford turns the ball over with 1:10 left and has one timeout. Idiot thinks he has to keep running it instead of taking 3 knees. They fumbled, Stanford ties it, and wins in OT.

I'm always amazed the QBs aren't smart enough to say "why aren't we kneeling?"
    I heard about Mario doing the same thing at Oreg. You sometimes see these amazing finishes.

Is this game the equivalent of the Joe Pisarcik game? Miracle at the Meadowlands = South Beach Disaster.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9628

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    I heard about Mario doing the same thing at Oreg. You sometimes see these amazing finishes.

Is this game the equivalent of the Joe Pisarcik game? Miracle at the Meadowlands = South Beach Disaster.
    What's even more incredible is he should have gotten away with it. Not like they fumbled deep in their own territory. They were on the GT 26. So Tech hits a prayer pass to midfield just over the DB's arms for 25 yards, then basically throw to a wide open receiver behind the defense for a walk-in 50-yard TD as time expires.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11309

Not taking knees was just dumb but not having 5 guys standing in the end zone on the last play and letting a receiver get behind you is criminal. Like was said, he did it before at Oregon.

Did you see the garbage thrown on the field when GT scored? Some folks must have lost a lot of loot on that play.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21857

Should have stepped in? Sounds like he's throwing the OC under the bus. Who called that play?

It's just unfathomable to me that you can take a knee and don't. I just want to know if they misread the clocks, or if they were trying to score to run the score, or what?
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave d2bets 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe gave d2bets 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 175

Amazing, the only time a player should be kneeling but doesn't lol.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25004

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Not taking knees was just dumb but not having 5 guys standing in the end zone on the last play and letting a receiver get behind you is criminal. Like was said, he did it before at Oregon.

Did you see the garbage thrown on the field when GT scored? Some folks must have lost a lot of loot on that play.
    They couldn't just line the end zone with defenders because then you're conceding an easy completion to get into field goal range. Obviously that would be better than losing in regulation the way they did, but at the time, allowing Tech a makeable field goal to force overtime was not something they wanted to occur.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Eddy Munny 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47547

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Should have stepped in? Sounds like he's throwing the OC under the bus. Who called that play?

It's just unfathomable to me that you can take a knee and don't. I just want to know if they misread the clocks, or if they were trying to score to run the score, or what?
    No excuse for it at all.

At the end of the day he is the HC and he should've stepped in and demanded going into victory formation.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave JAKEPEAVY21 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20661

I wonder how many bettors benefitted from this.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    They couldn't just line the end zone with defenders because then you're conceding an easy completion to get into field goal range. Obviously that would be better than losing in regulation the way they did, but at the time, allowing Tech a makeable field goal to force overtime was not something they wanted to occur.
    True, but how do you allow a receiver to get behind you twice? That was crazy.

The funny part was that the RB was down before he fumbled. The refs said fuk you Cristobal for being a dumb ass.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Amazing, the only time a player should be kneeling but doesn't lol.
    Haha, you wrong and right.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51469

Not just the coach, what about the assistants and the players themselves? Did no one realize this? This is as basic as it gets, how could no one have realized this.

Surprised all the people calling fix aren't speaking up! If ever there was a time to fix it could be this - imagine someone had bet GT big on the $$ line (e.g. Miami's coach lol)!

Mac4Lyfe

No fix ArunSh. Just arrogance and stupidity. They wanted to pile up stats and perhaps score to make it look better for AP voters. Kevin Stefanski did it in the Browns vs the Jets last year. Had a 7 point lead with 2 minutes and they score instead of taking knees. The kicker misses the XP to go up 13. The Jets throw a bomb, recover an onside kick and scores again. Lose by 1 for being dumb and arrogant. Trying to pad Chubbs stats.

SomeDayinBuffalo
    SomeDayinBuffalo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1423

Ego

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Not just the coach, what about the assistants and the players themselves? Did no one realize this? This is as basic as it gets, how could no one have realized this.

Surprised all the people calling fix aren't speaking up! If ever there was a time to fix it could be this - imagine someone had bet GT big on the $$ line (e.g. Miami's coach lol)!
    The “it’s fixed” crew are yelling at the clouds over the NFL.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 458

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    No fix ArunSh. Just arrogance and stupidity. They wanted to pile up stats and perhaps score to make it look better for AP voters. Kevin Stefanski did it in the Browns vs the Jets last year. Had a 7 point lead with 2 minutes and they score instead of taking knees. The kicker misses the XP to go up 13. The Jets throw a bomb, recover an onside kick and scores again. Lose by 1 for being dumb and arrogant. Trying to pad Chubbs stats.
    You can't be that stupid. There are 100 players on the sidelines, 20 coaches and 10 physical therapists and maybe 30,000 fans who know football rules by heart. Are you telling me that not a single person yelled at the coach to kneel before the snap? I get the brain fart for a second but I'm pretty sure someone told him or screamed kneel!!

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29976

Coaches get paid tens of millions to do this shit. When random 13 year olds who are decent at Madden could easily call plays in the clutch better than them? That is the wildest shit ever.

This coach, maybe every coach involved, should be fired into the sun, btw.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21857

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post

Nah. No way. He doesn't want to get embarrassed like that there and lose. He didn't tell the guy to fumble. Just arrogance and boneheadedness.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 380

He said in interviews he takes full responsibility for what happened

shoudnt he resign now ???

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16169

Dude did the same shit at Oregon…brain dead
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Booya711 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mjsuax13

When you know, you know. Fire him. 10 years $80 million? Please. Should call Brenda Tracy up and fast track this!

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    You can't be that stupid. There are 100 players on the sidelines, 20 coaches and 10 physical therapists and maybe 30,000 fans who know football rules by heart. Are you telling me that not a single person yelled at the coach to kneel before the snap? I get the brain fart for a second but I'm pretty sure someone told him or screamed kneel!!
    I had a HS coach the same way. Old school thinking that you should keep playing and fighting even after you won. Didn’t want to just win, wanted to humiliate the opponent. He didn’t believe in taking a knee. He wasn’t very risky but he wanted you to play to the whistle.

bjb7223

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    When you know, you know. Fire him. 10 years $80 million? Please. Should call Brenda Tracy up and fast track this!
    Mario have you been masturbating on the phone on school premises?

bjb7223

Notable bets: Miami loss delivers a brutal bad beat for bettors

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/i...tting-bad-beat

12 Last