Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Square plays that will win today... get on it...

I always tell people... there actually are square plays that do win rather easily... not everything is a sucker bet.

Your winners for today are...

Nebraska -13.5 (make sure you get the 13.5 in case of a late Purdue surge against NEB second team D) - Huskers travel for the first time this season but estimates expect up to 25K Husker faithful to invade Ross-Ade. The Big Red actually have a very good road record when playing poor opponents under Pelini and I expect that trend to continue... Martinez will not play today but his back up Tommy Armstrong looks to be a very talented player in his action thus far. Nebraska scored 39 last week in the cold and blustery wind and should have scored at least 9 more pts but for a wide open miss on 4th and goal and 2 missed XPs (both wind gust related). the weather should be gorgeous today in West Lafayette and I expect Nebraska to run and thrown the ball with great balance again. Purdue has only shown up in one FBS game all season (Notre Dame) and last week against a similarly potent offense they gave up 55 pts to Northern Illinois and almost 5 yards per carry... Purdue has given up over 42 pts per game against FBS competition and this will be the best offensive line and skill positions they have seen thus far. Nebraska has been less than impressive on the defensive side of the ball but they have been forcing turnovers and creating pressure on the opposing QB... Expect them to blitz heavily to get in the head of first time starter and true frosh Danny Etling. If Nebraska can get a few early stops this game will get out of hand quickly...

Nebraska 56 Purdue 20

Missouri +7 @ UGA (I got +9 on Monday) - I have been calling this upset for weeks now and my pick has only looked better and better as we approach the game... UGA is absolutely decimated with injuries... the list is so long it is almost laughable...

10/12/13 WR Jonathon Rumph Hamstring is downgraded to doubtful Saturday vs. Missouri
    10/09/13 DB Tray Matthews Hamstring is downgraded to doubtful Saturday vs. Missouri
    10/08/13 RB Todd Gurley Ankle is downgraded to doubtful Saturday vs. Missouri
    10/08/13 FB Quayvon Hicks Ankle "?" Saturday vs. Missouri
    10/06/13 P Collin Barber Concussion "?" Saturday vs. Missouri
    10/06/13 DB Connor Norman Undisclosed "?" Saturday vs. Missouri
    10/06/13 LB James DeLoach Concussion "?" Saturday vs. Missouri
    10/06/13 WR Justin Scott-Wesley Knee out for season
    10/06/13 DL Toby Johnson Ankle "?" Saturday vs. Missouri
    10/06/13 RB Keith Marshall Knee out for season
    10/06/13 WR Michael Bennett Knee out indefinitely
    10/06/13 LB Ryne Rankin Illness "?" Saturday vs. Missouri

beyond all of that nonsense above... is the fact that a very talented Missouri team is coming to town on the heels of a big time smack down win in Nashville last week by 27 pts while showing excellent balance on offense... They have SEC level skilled position talent and the defense has been serviceable enough to get stops when needed... and against a team that will be starting several new faces the WR and RB spot I think Missouri will be in very good shape. Georgia has also shown to be very deficient on defense this season even before all of the injuries... they have only kept one opponent under 31 pts and that was North Texas who was tied at 21 all with them going into the 4th Q... I have strongly felt that UGA blew their wad against LSU and last week was no fluke... The Tigers can smell blood and they will take their first major SEC scalp today... OUTRIGHT...

Missouri 38 Georgia 24

Oteder
    Oteder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1428

I got purdue -14 is that still ok

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Oteder View Post
    I got purdue -14 is that still ok
    Should be just fine... Think Nebraska wins by 30+... was more if they got up 28 in the 4th and pulled starters... I would hate pushing on two late garbage scores.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good luck guy

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8401

I like both those but I actually played Nebraska/Purdue Over 56.5 as totals are kind of my thing. Purdue actually had last week off so they should be better prepared but they just don't have the horses and a true fresh QB to boot. I see something like 42-24

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

As you were gentlemen.....