nickelchip
    nickelchip's Avatar Become A Pro!

USF Defense Coordinator/ Cincy old DF Coordinator

I was reading where USF Defense coordinator was fired by Cincy Head Coach last year after the orange Bowl. Any thoughts on this? Maybe a Revenge factor, has better insight to how Cincy plays?

I would think that has to be an advantage to USF?

blanc0
    blanc0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

i don't really know anything about ncaaf, but i also read that same info.
    imo it doesn't really give any team an advantage based on that.
    cincy's offense might have some inside info on the opponents defense, but the same can be said about USF's defense on cincy's offense

i guess the outcome based on that view is decided by which team has the best coach to adjust his plays based on the info they've got

my 2 (probably worthless) cents

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

What I gather by reading this information is that USF's defensive coordinator wasn't good enough to be Cincinatti's defensive coordinator, advantage Cincy.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

CIN fired Tresey after the Orange Bowl loss, and immediately brought in Bobby Diaco from Virginia to replace him, changing their defensive strategy to 3-4. So far this year, CIN has allowed about the same in total yards per game, but cut their PPG allowed by a third, from 20.2 (2008) down to 13.8 (2009) and have already put up more interceptions in five games this year (11) than they had all of last season (10), despite losing ten starters from last year's squad.

I feel like the advantage from this situation runs more towards CIN as Tresey would only have knowledge of CIN's outdated defensive strategy and an incomplete roster, whereas CIN's head coach, Brian Kelly, has a very good handle on Tresey's defensive philosophy, which he believes to be an inferior system.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 10-15-09 at 01:45 PM.

nickelchip
    nickelchip's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was thinking that maybe USF would have a better understanding of How Cincy offense works? Possibly giving them an advantage.