Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus84 View Post
    Tulsa -2.5
    I wouldn't underestimate Bowling Green this year

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Exactly as anyone who had done there due diligence would know that Bowling Green is a very good team.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Washington Huskies -3 are a lock vs Boise. Home opener in a newly renovated stadium.....Price will light up the Boise St D

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Washington Huskies -3 are a lock vs Boise. Home opener in a newly renovated stadium.....Price will light up the Boise St D
    I don't like taking Washington at -3 here because they just lost to Boise State on a neutral field in their last game. Boise State brings pretty much everyone back.... and Price certainly did not light them up in the MAACO Bowl. If you really like Washington here you are better off taking the ML.

Urbanwildlife

Price is not a good quarterback and if I was to play the game which I most certainly am not, I would go with Boise State, as I feel Southwick is a much better quarterback than price, and Boise has a much better coaching staff, and is just a stronger team on both sides of the ball.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Exactly as anyone who had done there due diligence would know that Bowling Green is a very good team.
    No way. Huge loss of Chris Jones, and Anthon Samuel who from what I've heard just decided to leave. There is no way you want to bet on them with Schilz as the QB. He's just absolute garbage. Clawson is a bad coach, can't believe BGSU decided to extend him.

J_On_A_Roll
    J_On_A_Roll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1698

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Dude play that shit! Price is a veteran Q.B and yall really think he gonna lay flat in the opener in a new field at that. Not gonna have any forced turnovers either becasue once again, he been there and done that. He might not be the best in the country, but i will take him over a younger and jus a little inexperienced Q.B soutwick. Washington by 7+. Lock!!! #Squadddd

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    I don't like taking Washington at -3 here because they just lost to Boise State on a neutral field in their last game. Boise State brings pretty much everyone back.... and Price certainly did not light them up in the MAACO Bowl. If you really like Washington here you are better off taking the ML.
    i thought boise has a really low number of starters back.... boise outperforms, washington underperforms in general... but washington's talent level is really high (nfl prospects and recent recruiting years) and HFA should be huge with the newly renovated stadium.. i am going to PASS on the game.

EDIT: i think i'm confused on the boise returning starters. different sources maybe or maybe i'm just brain-dead.
    Last edited by gojetsgomoxies; 07-22-13 at 11:08 PM.

Urbanwildlife

@ Washington players
    Ok and I wish you nothing but the very best!

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Last year is irrelevant and they're at home in this game not a neutral site.

Fredvic247
    Fredvic247's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 396

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post

gojetsgomoxies

looking at the UNLV @ minnesota....

on UNLV, since 2008 (5 seasons) they have been monumentally bad (unprecedented i'd think) at road ATS. 4-22 with an average result of almost 11 point miss.

on other hand, i have UNLV improving alot and how many FBS teams has minnesota beaten by 15-16 points since glen mason left? almost none and not sure there's been one comfortable cover of that many points.

Urbanwildlife

I am for one seriously considering playing Minnesota if I can get it at -14. From doing my due diligence I have found that despite what many are saying, I feel they are going to be a much much improved and competitive team on both sides of the ball, and if you look at the history of coach Jerry Kill, you will find that his third year on the job at a university his teams have made great strides. I also do not see where UNLV is improving at all. They have many returning players but the talent level is just not there, and I have not found any new freshman coming in that is going to help them at all. There entire success is going to be based on how quarterback Nick Sherry performs.

Another aspect when considering this game it to look at the big strong and experienced offensive line of Minnesota which is going to be running the ball against a weak defensive line of UNLV. I feel Minnesota might be one of the surprise teams of the upcoming season. They will be in every game this year, and very well could be a good money maker for us players.
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 07-23-13 at 11:35 AM.

gojetsgomoxies

Urbanwildlife, thanks for the minnesota-unlv feedback............. not totally sure where i get the UNLV improved from. wondering if i'm like phil steele who was perpetually predicting either tulane and/or smu to improve. seemed like he got sucked in every season..... maybe i think that being so convenient to los angeles and being just off the vegas strip that they should have a much much better team.

i will look into more detail as to why i think UNLV should be much improved.

FWIW didn't they go to overtime last year vs. minnesota? i think UNLV has been a very good home ATS and an absolutely brutal road ATS team (perhaps the worst in NCAA history). and of course the game was in vegas last.

also, on the boise/washington game marc lawrence does have boise with small number of returning starters. happy that i didn't imagine it, but i think other sources show alot more starters.

gojetsgomoxies

http://www.football.com/en-us/2013-m...oming-vs-unlv/

First, Hauck has one of the most experienced squads in the conference with 43 returning lettermen and a league-high 19 returning starters, including sophomore QB Nick Sherry and 10 starters back on defense.
    Both coordinators (ex-NFL QB Timm Rosenbach on offense and Hauck’s younger brother Tim on defense) are new, but a fresh outlook and a new attitude certainly were needed in Sin City.
    TOOK OUT A BUNCH OF STUFF.... basically new OC and DC that people seem to like (who knows)
    Don’t be shocked if the Rebels post more wins this fall than in Hauck’s first three seasons combined and save his job by becoming postseason-eligible.

gojetsgomoxies

looking around the internet looks like there's alot of people eyeing unlv as highly improved... but i do wonder if proximity to los angeles and to vegas strips makes people think the team should (and will soon) be alot better. UCLA sort of the same (awesome locale............ but people have informed me that ucla admin doesn't support football enough. don't they play at rose bowl?)

Urbanwildlife

Minnesota took a big dump on them last year opening game. Totally stunk up the place. This year the game is being played in Minnesota where the Gophers have played very well.

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Western Kentucky ML is the best play, Tulsa PK is a close 2nd. TCU either beats LSU or barely loses as well.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Utah State +4.5 ... Utah State shouldn't regress to much from last year, and I don't see enough improvement from Utah from last year to see why they should be favored. I know they are at home, but I think USU is the better team. Plus Utah State won last year

Central Florida -28 ... UCF won this game by 42 last year at Akron, and UCF should be the 2nd best team in the American Conference this year behind Louisville

UMass +44.5 ... Wisconsin blew no one out last year, and with the new coaches, new QB, new running backs, etc. I just don't see a 45 point win for the Badgers to open

Northern Illinois + 6 ... NIU wants to make a statement early after that embarrasing Orange Bowl loss, and return enough to make that statement

Alabama -19.5 ... Virginia Tech just isn't that good, and we will find that out in this game.

Western Kentucky +4 ... Why the hell is Kentucky favored? WKU won this game last year and is still the better team with the better coach

Oklahoma State -13 ... This will be a 28+ point rout for Oklahoma State. SEC bias is the only reason the line is where it is. Oklahoma State is leagues better than Mississippi State who could be the worst team in the SEC this year.

Rice +28.5 ... Rice has enough offense to keep up, and if A&M gets up early could rest starters in the 2nd half which will allow Rice to get back on the board. Think Oregon's non conference games last year which they never covered due to backdoor covers after letting starters rest in the 2nd hafl.

UL-Lafayette +14 ... ULL may be the better team. They return a lot from last year and have an under rated coach. Arkansas is transitioning in too many ways and is ripe for the upset. ULL money line is also intriguing here

Wyoming +22 ... Do not sleep on Wyoming, they had a lot of key guys injured last year. They have a strong run defense and Nebraska is breaking in some new guys.

New Mexico -6 ... UNM is my most improved team for 2013. Their triple option offense will be a lot better this year with a more improved passing game

TCU +6 ... Not a homer pick, I just don't see this game being decided by more than a TD either way. So take the points. Defenses for both teams are too strong. TCU will have the better offense though.

Boise State + 3 ... I warned you all last year, do not pick against Boise State in these types of games.

Ohio +18.5 ... Ohio is better than you think, might be best team on Louisville's schedule. They will cover

North Dakota State + 17 ... for some reason K-State struggles against FCS teams, and with NDSU being the strongest one and KSU breaking in some new guys, no reason to think why KSU will blow them out

Northern Iowa +16.5 ... No team besides Louisiana Tech lost more to graduation than Iowa State last year. Which is why I like UNI and the points

Air Force -17.5 ... Air Force's triple option always blows out inferior FCS opponents. -17.5 is too low, should be close to -28... best line on the board
    nothin' for nothin'...
    but I'm bumping this 'cause I think it's money.
    thanks for the heads up plays.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Canuck you still liking UW -3.5 with ASJ out?

I think UW covers. Considering making it a large play

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    Canuck you still liking UW -3.5 with ASJ out?

I think UW covers. Considering making it a large play
    Homer cash money

First 123