TWEETS
    57% NCAAF
    TWEETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

Nebraska/Missouri Thoughts

Missouri +2.5

Why is Nebraska favored? Clearly just by name...

Missouri's team has reloaded this year and is good enough to beat a so-so Nebraska team.

Blaine Gabbert is a future NFL stud and Spoon will hold down the D. As long as Missouri can cover receivers, I think Missouri wins by a TD.

Your thoughts?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Missouri struggled with a so-so Nevada team. They have no defense, especially run-D. Too offensive oriented for me.

Nebraska should have won at VT a week ago. They are getting a great number will be laying the points with them. Love Bo Pelini making a game plan for the Run & Shoot Missouri Offensive.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Also mizzou struggled with bowling green early, i think nebraska is the right play

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

MU is very small on defense, might get pushed around.
    Easy to pass on them last year, this yr have not been challenged a lot to tell.
    MU offense is OK, soph QB Gabbert might be top QB if he develops, could be better than Chase Daniel, but not yet.
    WR's are pretty good, even losing Maclin, with Alexander, Perry, Kemp.
    Running game inconsistent.
    MU has played weak schedule, Big 10 flop Illinois toughest team they played so far. Nevada was nothing, do not try and say they are. And Bowling Green, Furman at home, come on, now.
    Nebraska almost beat a top notch VT team on the road in their only test, they too have played a weak schedule. BUT VT effort was excellent.
    Pellini is top notch coach, Nebraska getting better and better as he goes.
    Nebraska has solid QB and fewer weaknesses than MU.
    MU is the sucker bet, take Nebraska.

twentyonekid
    twentyonekid's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like nebraska here a lot,they have played better schedule than missouri and there coming off a bye week

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

haha Nebraska is favored cause of name? That makes no sense since Missouri has been a bigger name the past few years than Nebraska...

Nebraska is favored cause they are going to DESTROY this Missouri team. This one will not even be close

Dbldown11

Nebraska is a top 15 team easily...deffinately not so-so

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF

Sounds like everyone is against me...thats ok, i love a Thursday night home dog.

Dbldown11

Tweets....trust me, either don't play the game or play Nebraska. This line is waaaaaaaaay off and Nebraska is going to destroy Missouri. You'll make money if you take Nebraska, and you'll save money by not taking Missouri, do one of those two things for your own sake

Dbldown11

This line is off even more than the Pitt/Louisville line

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Serbone and the forum has this correct. NEBR will bury MIZZO.

Shocked this line was set at PK by LVSC and only -2.5 offshore. This is a no brainer.

NEBRASKA ML

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF

What makes you so sure Nebraska destroys Mizzou?

I have a feeling from watching all the Mizzou games this year, that you will see a lot of wrinkles in the Mizzou offense. They have a bag full of gadget plays they have been trying that should result in some easy yards. Gabbert is a better QB than Chase Daniel ever was, he makes great decisions and can run with the ball. Gabbert has yet to throw an interception this year. I'm not positive Mizzou wins, but I don't see a blowout.

Dbldown11

Because Mizzou is VERY overrated right now, and Nebraska is VERY underrated

iwantcougars

i'm a fan of mizzou, but the nebraska D is very good, but go with mizzou if you think is the right play

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Cornhuskers. This is an easy one.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Quote Originally Posted by TWEETS View Post
    Missouri +2.5 Why is Nebraska favored? Clearly just by name... Missouri's team has reloaded this year and is good enough to beat a so-so Nebraska team. Blaine Gabbert is a future NFL stud and Spoon will hold down the D. As long as Missouri can cover receivers, I think Missouri wins by a TD. Your thoughts?
    When I clicked this thread I thought you would be saying nebraska all day. As Cougar Bait pointed out Missouri struggled with nevada. If you played that nevada game ten times nevada would have won or covered on 9 of them. They fumbled on the goal line about to score and missouri turned it into ten points. Lucky cover. Missouri trying to roll out with that slow white quarterback is comical. Hes slow as shit. Nebraska is for real, and like someone said, Bo Pelini will have a huge game plan to stop missouri. After you stop the offense there is nothing left to do but run all over that pathetic excuse they have for a defense. Im on nebraska, and I hate betting against home dogs on a weeknight, but come on.

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    When I clicked this thread I thought you would be saying nebraska all day. As Cougar Bait pointed out Missouri struggled with nevada. If you played that nevada game ten times nevada would have won or covered on 9 of them. They fumbled on the goal line about to score and missouri turned it into ten points. Lucky cover. Missouri trying to roll out with that slow white quarterback is comical. Hes slow as shit. Nebraska is for real, and like someone said, Bo Pelini will have a huge game plan to stop missouri. After you stop the offense there is nothing left to do but run all over that pathetic excuse they have for a defense. Im on nebraska, and I hate betting against home dogs on a weeknight, but come on.
    LMAO, he just looks slow, dude flys. 4.51 40 yard dash

iwantcougars

LMAO, he just looks slow, dude flys. 4.51 40 yard dash
    then the raiders will draft him in 2011 draft

Ulver86
    some pick here
    Ulver86's Avatar Become A Pro!

nomcock suh will rip his head off eod

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF

Was doing some more research, here is last years draft QB's with 40 yard dash time. Gabbert is faster than even Pat White....I think he can be a big weapon for Mizzou scrambling in this game. Also, if Mizzou can get a big game from young Aldon Smith, they have a chance to shut down the running game.

http://www.nfldraftexperts.net/combinequarterbacks.html

twincities77
    twincities77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Keep in mind OP, a lot of folks watched Mizzou play against Nevada a few weeks ago and pretty much everyone was underwhelmed with their play (myself included). Nebraska on the other hand has destroyed a bunch of weakies, but most feel they should have beaten what looks like a fairly good Virginia Tech team. There likely aren't going to be many Mizzou supporters on this board. Also to one of your points, I don't believe Nebraska has a name anymore.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

The OVER is the call, also. Mizzou should score a couple, and Nebraska should run over them. Anything in the 50-57 point range, I'm automatically betting over.

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    The OVER is the call, also. Mizzou should score a couple, and Nebraska should run over them. Anything in the 50-57 point range, I'm automatically betting over.
    At least we agree on something, I think both teams have a chance to get into the 30's. I'm guessing we get a total something like 59 though, but i would take the over all the way up to 60.

iwantcougars

he can be fast running the 40yd dash, but the point how accurate are his passes and decisions, having a good D line comming after him, and how he's going to react with all the blitzing and tight defensive backs coverage also mizzou coach will have a conservative play in the offense knowing nebraska D. And the huskers will probably wear Mizzou D down.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Bo Pelini, Nebraska HC, has a superior defensive mind compared to anyone in the Big 12. Mizzou will struggle, and those bubble screens will not work.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Somebody said Gabbert is slow; wrong, in fact ridiculous.

Somebody said Gabbert is already better than Chase Daniel: wrong, not yet, but he could be, he does not yet make the quick correct decisions that Daniel made and he is awkward handing off the MU run game. But he has better physical tools than Daniel, tall, fast, stronger arm, goot touch, and is developing every game, a hard worker, smart kid, only started 4 games! NFL potential.

MU defense got pounded last yr by quality physical Big 12 teams (OK St, Texas, etc) and MU lost # 1 draft choice DL Hood and high draft choice S Moore. They are very small up front, return a lot of the DB's from last yr who were burned all year... will DB's improve? To be determined, not so sure they will.

Nebraska will win and cover.

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

What makes you so sure Nebraska destroys Mizzou?

I have a feeling from watching all the Mizzou games this year, that you will see a lot of wrinkles in the Mizzou offense. They have a bag full of gadget plays they have been trying that should result in some easy yards. Gabbert is a better QB than Chase Daniel ever was, he makes great decisions and can run with the ball. Gabbert has yet to throw an interception this year. I'm not positive Mizzou wins, but I don't see a blowout.
    Tweets - I was at the Mizzou/Nevada game a couple of weeks ago. I left after the first half because it was such a bad game. I asked some Mizzou fans who the played next and they said Nebraska...I laughed in there face when they said they couldnt wait to beat them....This line is way off, Mizzou should be getting 10pts at least and when it's all said and done they would have needed 24...

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Also, I dont believe the Thur night home dog applies this week...

The Lizard King
    The Lizard King's Avatar Become A Pro!

Missouri is smoke and mirrors. They crush an Illinois team that turned out to be garbage. They struggled to put away what should have been pushovers in Bowling Green and Nevada. And somewhere in between they beat Furman in a game that featured flags, cones, and volunteer refs.

Nebraska on the other hand, played 3 creampuffs from the Sun Belt conference but manhandled all of them, which there's something to be said for. And they were one play away from beating Va Tech in Blacksburg, a game they controlled for a good majority.

Simply put, Missouri is not as good as they were last year whereas Nebraska is muck improved. Nebraska is a team that could very well crack the top ten by the end of the year. Missouri will more likely just crack.

So if you ask me, the whole perception thing is on the side of Missouri right now, based on their recent success. Otherwise, you would have a "true" line of something like Nebraska -7. I wouldn't be suprised to see the Huskers take this game by double digits so laying only a field goal is easy money.

pantala
    pantala's Avatar Become A Pro!

so everyone thinks Vegas is way wrong on this one? I'm sure most of the money is on Nebraska. and the line is still within a FG. know why? it's not because the oddsmakers are idiots. it's because this is a nationally televised game featuring two huge rivals, both of which have a lot of talent. Neb may have more talent this year, but I'm pretty sure USC has more than Washington. the point is, I think Mizzou will show something Thursday night. I don't know if they will win, but a double digit blowout
    by Nebraska simply isn't going to happen.

but I'm a fan.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

guys, Virginia Tech is for real, especially at home. Nobody played them better than Nebraska (outside of the best team in the country, Alabama). I LOVE the Cornhuskers

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

missouri is a bad tackling team at best and was lucky to beat nevada by the ten , if you have missouri on this one youve got the wrong team big time

RayzHELL
    Go GATORS!!!
    RayzHELL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

MIZZOU Definitely not so-so!

Quote Originally Posted by Dbldown11 View Post
    Nebraska is a top 15 team easily...deffinately [definitely] not so-so

Missouri TIGERS are 4-0 and are playing at home. In the polls the teams are neck & neck:

MIZZOU
    CBSSports.com 120 AP Coaches Harris Blog
    22 24 18 23 21

Nebraska
    CBSSports.com 120 AP Coaches Harris Blog
    23 21 22 21 18

mtgrizzly
    mtgrizzly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Give me a break here.....Did I see someone post that Gabbert is better than Chase was.... Did I see somebody say Mizzou was gonna win Saturday? Better think again if you like your money....

Mizzou's team has disintegrated over the last year.....They are in big trouble in the Big 12 and Nebraska has won at Missouri like once in the past 18 million meetings....plus you have a fan base (Columbia Missouri sits about halfway between Kansas City and St. Louis) and name recognition (this is why the damn line is sitting still)...Bunch o' gambla's in Missouri (riverboats!!!)....bunch o' corn-fed pig-farmin' football players in Nebraska-

Pay heed to the message in this one if you are considering Mizzou...Let me reiterate.....Nebraska wins this game outright barring divine intervention-GL ALL-GRIZ

pantala
    pantala's Avatar Become A Pro!

gabbert is going to be better than chase. gabbert is a sophomore. he's taller, faster, has a stronger arm, and is a better pocket passer.

and the game is Thursday night, not Saturday.

12 Last