Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dbldown's Sat. College ball plays

Alright so I've got 15 plays, it's a lot but what the hell, VIP.com has a progressive parlay where you pick 15 teams risk 5, right now the pot is at a little over 80G's. Here's my plays, and I feel good about them all as I spent a lot of time on these this week, I had to get 15 but this list was narrowed down from 22.

Pittsburggh -6.5
    Wisconsin+2.5
    Clemson -12.5
    North Carolina -13
    Tulane +6
    Cincy -29.5
    Temple -7
    Iowa St. -2.5
    Navy -2.5
    Northern Illinois -6.5 (sure call it a homer play)
    Bowling Green -2.5
    Mississippi -10
    Arizona St. -5
    Oklahoma -7.5
    Idaho +3.5

Well there they are boys and girls, any opinions or thoughts would be appreciated I always enjoy discussing picks. Otherwise good luck to everyone...I love Saturdays!!!
    Last edited by Dbldown11; 10-02-09 at 03:22 PM.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I'm disagreeing up and down the board, but The Idaho pick should be taken ML.

Dbldown11

wow up and down the board? Not sure how that's possible but yeah Idaho is my favorite pick of the weekend actually

Dbldown11

I also bet a 12 teamer to win 50grand taking out Tulane, Northern Illinois, and Cincy

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Pitt and Clemson are on my card, but Navy almost made it...GL this week DD

IndianaJames
    IndianaJames's Avatar Become A Pro!

ASU is a strong pick. Might want to also look for Ole Miss to go over (44) and Cincy to go under (58.5)

Dbldown11

you too cougar....I am horrible with totals Indiana so I just dont touch em

Dbldown11

Im on Pittsburgh tonight -6.5 HUGE

But also parlayed the first half Pitt -3.5 and the over 26.5

Dbldown11

One down only 14 to go!!!I can practically start spending the 130G's hahaha

Dbldown11

Throwing in a first half parlay......

South Florida -3.5
    Purdue -5
    Toledo -3

$100 to win $600

Let's get em

Dbldown11

Alright I'm bored so here's some thoughts on my picks:

Wisconsin +2.5: Like last years Minnesota team that got off to a good start, their competition is going to catch up to them. Wisconsin beat up on a fair NIU team at home but the final score was closer than the game. They also beat a good Fresno St. team and a better than people think Mich. St. team. Minnesota on the other hand got beat up at home by Cal., beat Syracuse in a tight one on the road, and beat a bad Northwestern team. Wisconsin wins this one although it will be somewhat close.

Clemson -12.5: Well not much to say here other than Maryland IS HORRIBLE

North Carolina -13: Look above only replace Maryland with Virginia

Tulane +6: Army got beat up by a bad Duke team, and barely beat a horrible Ball St. team and their other win is against a bad Eastern Mich. team. Tulane however has been beaten up by BYU (a solid team) and Tulsa (a solid team with good offense), yeah their only win is against a DII school, but I just think Army is bad.

Cincy -29.5: Miami Ohio is 0-4 with their average loss by 30.5 points Boise St. and Kentucky both put up over 40 on them and shut em out, and Kentucky did it on the road. Cincy is better than Kentucky and probably all around better than Boise on neutral field.....so I expect the same in this game as those two games

Temple -7: Temple is better than people will think they are seeing as how that are 1-2 and lost to a DII school, but Villanova is a solid DII program. Eastern Mich. on the other hand is 0-3 with losses to a bad Army team, a bad Northwestern team, and a overblown Michigan team. I expect Temple to roll here

Iowa St. -2.5: Their lone loss is to a very good Iowa team, yeah their 3 wins are against poor teams, but they did what they are supposed to do against bad teams and that's beat up on em pretty good. Kansas St. however struggled against Massachusettes at home, lost at Louisiana Lafayette, got beat up by a mediocre UCLA team, and beat up on a poor Tenn. Tech team. This line is just too low.

Navy -2.5: Here is a line I don't understand at all. Air force is 3-1 but look at their competition....Yeah they beat Nichols St. 72-0 but Jacksonville St. beat that team 60-10 for god sakes. They lost to a mediocre Minn. team, beat a horrible New Mexico team, and a really bad San Diego St. team....Navy took Ohio St. to the wire on the road, beat up on a fair La. Tech team, played fair against a good Pitt team on the road, and beat a pretty bad Western KY team by 16....I think this line is should be at AT LEAST 6

Northern IL: They lost at Wisconsin, but Wiscy is good, and VERY hard to beat at home, beat Purdue on the rd. and they beat em up worse than the score shows, they beat up on a DII school (which is what they are supposed to do) and lost to a pretty good Idaho team. Western Mich. just isnt very good this year in my eyes. But I'm a homer here so take it for what it's worth.

Bowling Green -2.5: Dont understand this one either....BG has lost to Missouri and Marshall on the rd by only a touchdown. Yeah they got beat up by Boise but what would Ohio do in that game? Ohio only beat N. Texas by 1 in OT, only beat Cal Poly by 18 at home...that's enough for me to take the home team by less than a field goal in this one.

gotta eat breakfast hopefully will post other thoughts in a bit

Dbldown11

Mississippi -10: Against Pags on this one which I never like....But I just don't see Vandy really competeing here. Mississippi has a solid offense that is gonna put up some points, especially after last weeks letdown. Vandy has a decent defense but they arent gonna be able to put up many points at all against this D. They were only able to muster 3 at home against Mississippi St. and 9 on the road against LSU and Mississippi has a defense better than either of those two teams.

Arizona St. -5: This line is way too low. Arizona has one loss and that was by 3 on the road to Georgia. Their other two games were blowout wins. Oregon St. has two wins, and both to bad teams, and on the road they've never been good. They beat a bad UNLV team by only 2 on the road this year. Theyve always been a much better home team, and even there this year they have not faired too well losing their last two to cincy and Arizona. Arizona beat them by 5 in Oregon St. and Arizona St. is a better team playing the at home.

Oklahoma -7.5: OK's defense is just too good basically. In three games they've given up 14 points. Granted two of those games were against Tulsa and Idaho St., but shutting out Tulsa is impressive even if they arent the best team. Va. Tech showed last week that if you have a defense Miami is gonna be helpless.

Idaho +3.5: This has been my favorite pick all week long. Idaho has proven to be solid with their loan loss being on the road to a Washington team that beat USC. They also went on the road last week and beat a decent NIU team one week after NIU beat Purdue on the road. Colorado St. beat Colorado on the road, but Colorado isnt very good, and they got off to a big start and shocked Colorado a bit I believe. The next week at home they beat weber st. by 1, then beat a pretty bad Nevado team at home then went on the road and got beat up by BYU. I just see no explanation AT ALL for Col. St. being favored by more than a field goal on the road in this on. The only explanation I can think of is people saw the two names, and just assumed Idaho was horrible so they wanted to bet on Col. St.

Well boys and girls that's all of em. Lets get em! any thoughts would be appreciated

ToneLoc88
    ToneLoc88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only pick I really disagree with is the Tulane pick. Otherwise those are solid, especially Idaho.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

I want to update my feelings: You have a solid card, especially Idaho, Bowling Green, Cincy, N. Caro, and Clemson.

Gl on the big parlays

Dbldown11

haha from disagreeing up and down to thinking it's a solid card....I like. haha

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Definately like Miss and ASU so you might want to
    Change before I jinx it haha.... Only one I really dont like is Temple but I wont be against you on that so Good Luk!

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

i had navy at -6.5. i thhink this game is a steal

Dbldown11

-6.5 for Navy? What's your payout on that? only a couple minutes till kickoff baby!!!!

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Good call on Tulane, SU win as a TD dog.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Clem, and N. Caro should be ashamed of themselves. Both fell to inferior competition. But watch out when these teams play better sqauds, they will show up.

romoney
    College Hoop Time
    romoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Idaho,Ole Miss, I like those solids, I had and won with Temple already

Dbldown11

UGH....8-7, in the green but not what I like to see. Next week same amount of work MANY LESS PLAYS. Gonna narrow it down to the ones the make me feel as good as Pitt, and Idaho did

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I'm disagreeing up and down the board, but The Idaho pick should be taken ML.
    Hope you took my advice on Idaho ML.