STRONG PLAYS (0-3)(-6.60 units)
    REGULAR PLAYS (3-3)(-0.30 units)

OVERALL (5-6)(-0.90 units)

SEASON OVERALL

BEST BETS (2-2)(-0.60 units)
    STRONG PLAYS (3-4)(-2.80 units)
    REGULAR PLAYS (4-6)(-2.60 units)

OVERALL (9-12)(-6.00 units)

Week two was much better than week one, but I still lost money going 5-6 and dropping just under a unit. Did the opposite this week doing very well on best bets, but very bad on my strong plays. Even though I lost, I picked up a little more confidence and knowledge of some teams and hopefully have more of an idea how they will do in 2009. Hopefully week three is the week I break through. Speaking of week three…..here are your winners. Write-ups not quite as long or probably as good this week. I am working nearly 55 hours this week and I am exhausted.

Thursday, September 17th

Georgia Tech +5.5 vs. Miami (regular play)……………Just a small play for me. Last week Ga Tech came back and covered after falling behind 21-0. I think that will go along way this week with how they play this Thursday night. Just a strong gut feeling this one is won by no more than four points by either team. It is so hard to pass up these Thursday nights. I will more than likely play them all, but most of the time for just my smallest wager. Final score 24-21...I just don’t know who will win.

Friday, September 18th

Fresno State +7.5 vs. Boise State (regular play)………….Once again, I am a sucker for these weekday night games. Boise has just looked like world beaters so far, and one might think they can name this score, but home dogs if I recall do well in these Friday night games. The line feels like it should be higher to me and I think there is a reason it is this low. I think it will be a tight game and maybe even Fresno with the leads at times, but Boise’s talent will win out in the end and they will get the win, but not the cover.

Saturday, September 19th

N Illinois +13 vs. Purdue (best bet)………………..I seem to have a thing for these smaller conference teams getting points vs. the Big-10 this year. N Illinois has a history of giving the bigboys fits. Plus I am just not impressed with Purdue. I don’t think Purdue has the defense to run away with this one. N Illinois already has covered at Wisconsin, so it would not take much to do the same at Purdue. With a few breaks, we might even see an upset in this one. I really think the only big advantage they have is home field and last time I checked it is not worth 13 points. Purdue wins but by a touchdown or less.

Minnesota +14 vs. California (best bet)……………..I am shocked how many people are on California in this one. For starters, Cal has supposed to be really good the past few years, but they always stumble early and lose a game they should not. I am not saying they will lose this game, but they will be in a dog fight and I feel 14 points is a joke at Minnesota. Yes Cal is the better team, but asking them to blowout a 2-0, fired up home underdog is just too much. I really love this one and cannot believe just how few Minny picks I have seen. Plus is Cal really the 8th best team in the country? I doubt it.

Texas Tech +17.5 vs. Texas (strong play)…………….I will admit that this one scares me to death, but I am playing it. Texas and their QB is capable of putting up unreal numbers, but the reason I am taking this is from what I have read in forums so far. Most of the good cappers in many forums, just about all newsletters and publications not only are on Texas, but they have them as a best bet or top play. It takes some guts to go against that, but I am going to try it. Throw in the fact this is a rivalry and anything can happen. Tech must replace some people on offense, but they always do. It is their system as much as it is players that make them successful. I will either look like a genius or a moron when this one is over. Won’t be the first time for either.

Wyoming +7 vs. Colorado (strong play)………………..Call me crazy, but I think Wyoming is the better team here. I think Wyoming has the better offense, I think they have the better defense. This line should be a pick, so I will gladly grab the TD in a game where I may not need it. Wyoming only trailed Texas by three at halftime last week before falling apart. Last time I checked Colorado is not in the same league as Texas. Home field might be enough to get the Buffs a win, but definitely not a cover. Colorado has struggled all year long and it will continue this week. What they heck, let me call the outright win here. Boys 30 Buffs 24.

Navy +7.5 vs. Pittsburgh ( regular play)……………I lost last week in my weekly “fade Dave” play as they crushed Buffalo. Now after two nice wins the public thinks Pitt is back, but not me. I have fallen for this too many times. Navy has been a solid road dog in recent years as well. Even though Pitt crushed Buffalo last week, Buffalo had over 500 total yards, so Navy’s tricky offense, along with maybe the best QB in years will move the chains, they just need to turn those into points. Based on past history a Pitt loss is not out of the question.

Boston College +7 vs. Clemson (regular play)………………..Gut feeling in this one. I don’t see that big of a difference in these two teams. Did you ever better a game with a similar line just because it smells like a close game? I know you all have. Going with my gut instincts in this one. 27-23 Clemson.

Tennessee +29.5 vs. Florida (regular play)……………..No question Florida is the better team and could make this game ugly, but it is a rivalry between two teams that don’t care for each other and this a ton of points. It is not like Tennessee sucks. They play solid defense and their defense alone should keep this under the number.

Hawaii +7 vs. UNLV (regular play)……………I just have a crazy feeling that Hawaii is going to have a very good season. They are off to a 2-0 start and no matter who is at QB always seem to move the ball. Hawaii traditionally not as good on the road, but I just have a feeling this team will be a surprise team this year and go bowling and a win or at least a good showing will go a long way in determining that.

That is all for now. I wanted to get these lines early. I may be back Thursday night or Saturday night with some more plays.

Good Luck Everybody!! This is the week I finish in the plus.

jillmark
    Update your status
    jillmark's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5278

Adding a couple of plays.

E Carolina +7.5 vs. N Carolina (strong play)……………The more I think about this game, the more I like it. I lost last week with E Carolina. One of the main reasons I liked them last week is because they have been road warriors as a dog in recent years. Well one loss does not change that pattern. Throw in the fact the they are playing what I consider an over rated Tar Heel team who has trouble scoring and you have a very solid bet getting 7.5 points. I love that extra half point in this one.

Virginia Tech -5 vs. Nebraska (regular play)……..Just a gut feeling Virginia Tech brings their A-game in this one. Nebraska is improving, but still not the team they used to be. I just wish I would have grabbed this line when it was lower.

taurus
    taurus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like your doggie attitude

GL