HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I am going to Happy Valley Sept 10th. need assistance

My wife bought me 2 tickets for the Bama/Penn St. game so you know what that means......ROAD TRIP......me and a friend are leaving that Thurs. Airfare check, hotel reservations check, what to do or where to go in Happy Valley on Fri. night ???????? there is the problem we have never been. So any posters have any must go to bars or resturants please post....Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Roll Tide there HoldEmHook. I have never been to Happy Valley but have always wanted to. Should be one hell of a defensive ballgame. You got to know the Lions are looking forward to this one and will be a good test for Bama. My prediction is same as last year, Penn State's offense is not good enough to penetrate Alabama's defense. Bama will win and a good test for the SEC season.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    Roll Tide there HoldEmHook. I have never been to Happy Valley but have always wanted to. Should be one hell of a defensive ballgame. You got to know the Lions are looking forward to this one and will be a good test for Bama. My prediction is same as last year, Penn State's offense is not good enough to penetrate Alabama's defense. Bama will win and a good test for the SEC season.
    its gonna be an awesome trip.....I have decided that each year from now on I am gonna go to an away game each season.

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck my friend you should have plenty of fun. SEC road games are...well....an adventure lol.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Roll tide! Hope you have fun. Never been there, but make sure you show class and represent the bama fan well. PSU is very respectable and classy, they will show you a good time.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Basically, you are headed into a college town. Penn State will be coming off a cream puff home opener against an FCS team, so you may see the fans a bit higher than normal for this game. I have not heard of any problems for visiting teams there, so you should have a good time. Penn State has a huge stadium which is much noisier than one thinks. It is noisier than any SEC stadium. The good news is that the fans tend to quiet down substantially if Penn State is not playing well.

WorkHorse

Bigdaddy, Tiger stadium down there in Baton Rough is pretty loud, especially if its a night game. Those LSU fans love to tailgate and drink and by game time they are sky-high. It gets pretty loud for opposing teams. Loudest place I've ever heard.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

Bigdaddy, Tiger stadium down there in Baton Rough is pretty loud, especially if its a night game. Those LSU fans love to tailgate and drink and by game time they are sky-high. It gets pretty loud for opposing teams. Loudest place I've ever heard.
    Gotta keep head on swivel. Bourbon bottles tend to become airborne in BR.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

I will represent the Bama nation well......I cant wait to see a completely new venue and watch the Tide Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!

bornselling
    bornselling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

I will represent the Bama nation well

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

And cant wait to check out the Penn St, eye-candy..........

bornselling
    bornselling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

[COLOR=#000000 !important]And cant wait to check out the Penn St, eye-candy.......... haha[/COLOR]

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bornselling View Post
    I will represent the Bama nation well
    Quote Originally Posted by bornselling View Post
    [COLOR=#000000 !important]And cant wait to check out the Penn St, eye-candy.......... haha[/COLOR]

WorkHorse

Thanks CantCallIt.....great advice for HoldEmHook.

Always show class if you are a Bama fan. Penn State fans were great with their visit to Tuscaloosa last year. True Bama fans will show the same respect at Happy Valley.

I wish I could join you my friend.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Thanks CantCallIt.....great advice for HoldEmHook.

Always show class if you are a Bama fan. Penn State fans were great with their visit to Tuscaloosa last year. True Bama fans will show the same respect at Happy Valley.

I wish I could join you my friend.
    I think we should look at 2012 and pick a road game at the end of the 2011 season. Get a group from here together and make it a road trip.....Holdem, WorkHorse, BigDaddy, CantCallIt, JWBama, Hell even UTMoody,....anyone who has a passion for college football and would go see Bama play. Lets kick the idea around and see what everyone thinks.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

no-one likes this idea?

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

cmon....road trip, road trip

WorkHorse

HoldEmHook, one season at a time my friend.

I got an e-mail from Mrs. HoldEmHook asking if I knew where she could find a straight jacket. She explained that she may need it for you a few weeks before the game. Just relax partner and enjoy the experience. Also, be nice to Mrs. HoldEmHook, sounds like you got a good one Bud!

Geary22
    Geary22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 296

I'm a PSU grad, hoping to get back to State College for this game too. Some of my favorite bars down there you might want to check out...Pickle's Tap Room, Phyrst, Cafe 210, Lion's Den, Rathskeller, The Saloon. You can pretty much walk up and down College and Beaver Ave downtown and find a bunch of fun places to go with cheap drinks. Everything is pretty close together right across the street from campus. Also, definitely stop in Are U Hungry for a fat bitch sandwich and some x-tacy fries. Pretty much $10 heart attack but there's nothing better after you've had a few beers.

Have fun at the game.

WorkHorse

What a nice post Geary22. Man you just touched a bunch of Bama fans with your kindness. One of the nicest post I have ever seen here at SBR. Thankyou.

We are adding you to our opening week football contest....see College Football Notebook.

HoldEmHook is a good guy also and will reprsent the Crimson Tide well.

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whoever said PSU fans are classy must be on crack. You can find video of their fans throwing cans of pee on other teams fans. Also their students throwing beer cans at OSU fans, I believe it was.

Much of the fan base is from Philadelphia - which explains why they are some of the worst fans in all of the USA.

Terrible terrible fans, and all there is to do there other than drink yourself into oblivion is to tailgate with the cows and play avoid the "cow patty"

Vin_vermillion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDiRPUiQZHc

yes - loads of class. Best of luck to you. If you beat them, they basically keep their mouths shut, but if they somehow beat Bama, trust me, their fans are ignorant as fuk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDiRPUiQZHc

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Quote Originally Posted by Geary22 View Post
    I'm a PSU grad, hoping to get back to State College for this game too. Some of my favorite bars down there you might want to check out...Pickle's Tap Room, Phyrst, Cafe 210, Lion's Den, Rathskeller, The Saloon. You can pretty much walk up and down College and Beaver Ave downtown and find a bunch of fun places to go with cheap drinks. Everything is pretty close together right across the street from campus. Also, definitely stop in Are U Hungry for a fat bitch sandwich and some x-tacy fries. Pretty much $10 heart attack but there's nothing better after you've had a few beers.

Have fun at the game.
    thanks for the leads....I cant freakin wait, this was a great post

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

HoldEmHook, one season at a time my friend.

I got an e-mail from Mrs. HoldEmHook asking if I knew where she could find a straight jacket. She explained that she may need it for you a few weeks before the game. Just relax partner and enjoy the experience. Also, be nice to Mrs. HoldEmHook, sounds like you got a good one Bud!
    WorkHorse, I have reigned it in a little so no straight jacket needed........well maybe...and yes I have a keeper.
    Last edited by HoldEmHook!!; 05-16-11 at 01:29 PM. Reason: needed to add

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Ok gentlemen I fly out Fri. morning, this will be awesome......Rain or shine can't freakin wait

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

In Happy valley they throw fresh dog shit at small children. They also rape white women.

adam3313
    adam3313's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 426

hey man. PSU alum here. Make sure to check out some of the bars around college ave. Rathskeller and pickles usually have a good crowd. Also, make sure to grab a grilled sticky at the diner. State college tradition.

enjoy your trip, PSU fans will be very civil. We were treated with respect last year in Tuscaloosa. Hopefully we can have a closer game this time.

mik5058
    mik5058's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4654

Vin has no idea what he's talking about. Heard him running his mouth about having piss thrown on him in other threads and the only evidence he has is posting the exact same video of OSU fans getting beer thrown on them at a frat. What else would you expect? I'm sure the fraternities at other schools would be just as tolerant of opposing teams' fans.

Avoid the cow patty..good one Vin

mik5058
    mik5058's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4654

Holdem take a stroll on College or Beaver on Friday night and you'll find a place to have a good time

Vin_vermillion

Quote Originally Posted by mik5058 View Post
    Vin has no idea what he's talking about. Heard him running his mouth about having piss thrown on him in other threads and the only evidence he has is posting the exact same video of OSU fans getting beer thrown on them at a frat. What else would you expect? I'm sure the fraternities at other schools would be just as tolerant of opposing teams' fans.

Avoid the cow patty..good one Vin

If PSU somehow manages to win (highly unlikely) they will find out. And don't tell me I do t know what I am talking about - I have been out there MULTIPLE time and their fans are the most ignorant I have ever seen.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

I live and work I state college send me a pm and I'll give u the inside scoop and hook you up.

Vin_vermillion

http://www.centredaily.com/2011/04/2...to-change.html

And from what I understand OSU won't even send their band back there since 2005

Kufta4
    Kufta4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoldEmHook!! View Post
    My wife bought me 2 tickets for the Bama/Penn St. game so you know what that means......ROAD TRIP......me and a friend are leaving that Thurs. Airfare check, hotel reservations check, what to do or where to go in Happy Valley on Fri. night ???????? there is the problem we have never been. So any posters have any must go to bars or resturants please post....Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey bud, I go to a lot of game but I am never there overnight as my parents live about an hour and a half away from state college. Go to Scout.com and go to Penn State's page. Go to the forums list and go to the Audibles forum. There are posts there from Alabama guys asking the same questions or you can post your own. That's the best advice I can give you. Remember, Penn State is in the middle of nowhere, literally.

Vin_vermillion

For the record, the school is aware of how the fans act and there is a big push talking to fans about being respectful in the future. If you do a search on the net you will see this. It's a 3.30 game so maybe you won't have the same issues as I have seen at night games there

12 Last