jjaycuny
    jjaycuny's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

John should I buy Arkansas up to +3 -125?

John Ryan
    John Ryan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3250

Quote Originally Posted by jjaycuny View Post
    send me a post tomorrow as a reminder.. ok? Thanks

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by guy Fawkes View Post
    I live in Logan, UT (USU town). After the coaches debacle in OT, this town wants nothing to do with football. Hard to assign any real value to support or buzz, but the Aggies are just looking to end the season after so many heartbreaks already.

I don't like BYU, but I do like money. I'd lean BYU to win, but if I were forced to bet the game it'd be the over 50.5 or nothing.
    Thanks for the info and this clearly supports my statements that team who had embarrassing losses in home games involving OT and were double digit favorites are so stunned they do not perform well for weeks.

John Ryan

No, I do not like Georgia Tech... I will find out if we can expand the thread more. I run my simulator tonight and will have plays tomorrow. many of the plays are already up in the article sections under John Ryan.

BrokeLiving
    BrokeLiving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by bull07 View Post
    Hi Ryan's any game for 2nite thanks
    Wondering the same

PickMeAwinner
    PickMeAwinner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

How about USF + UNDER 52?

John Ryan

Pitt is controlling line of scrimmage. If that keeps up they have an ecellent shot at winning. Like second halfbet on Pitt

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by jjaycuny View Post
    No, I don't think there is a long-term advantage in having to pay that much extra for half a point. It rarely comes into play in 18 years of experience. Again, the books offer that so THEY make more dough over time. I would wait and see if you can get +3 -110

PickMeAwinner

I made a really bad play today. Looking foward to tomorrows play BYU baby!!!!! I think....LOL

John Ryan

To reiterate, the article for the BYU and Total can be found on the site. I have a 5* on BYU and a 5* UNDER. This play was posted above in the thread.

jjaycuny
    jjaycuny's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

Quote Originally Posted by John Ryan View Post
    No, I don't think there is a long-term advantage in having to pay that much extra for half a point. It rarely comes into play in 18 years of experience. Again, the books offer that so THEY make more dough over time. I would wait and see if you can get +3 -110
    Glad I waited. I really appreciate the info.

PickMeAwinner

Last nights games, the home team took the win ATS, according to John the same should happen with BYU. We are into Week 5 in NCAAF. Teams are showing their real strenght and I can see BYU holding a commanding lead for this game. I expect big thing out of their defense to bruise the softened-up Utah ST, keeping the game UNDER. I was suprised last night how USF a team that average over 39 pts per game get dominated defensively and held to only 17 pts, after the half the game went downhill. John you may be right about how the OT lost on Utah ST can make a team roll down hill. I just hope that Utah ST D wont let up too much so that BYU cant score more than 31pts. I will take a 31-14 Byu tonight.

Final play before game time GL ya'll

goldman40
    goldman40's Avatar Become A Pro!

thinking abouit teasing the game byu -1
    AND OVER 44

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

The more I look at this game, the more I LOOOOOVE Utah State! The Aggies have actually been the better team so far this year, they could easily be 3-0 while BYU by rights should be 0-4. BYU can't do anything offensively and Utah State has been stiff defensively.

Big 12 Expert
    Big 12 Expert's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    The more I look at this game, the more I LOOOOOVE Utah State! The Aggies have actually been the better team so far this year, they could easily be 3-0 while BYU by rights should be 0-4. BYU can't do anything offensively and Utah State has been stiff defensively.

BYU has played a much tougher schedule.

makaylismama
    makaylismama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

John I have been following you for awhile and I think your awesome. I just wanted to bring to your attention that your latest article in the forum at the top says you will pick the over and at the bottom it says you are going towards under so which one is it?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Big 12 Expert View Post

BYU has played a much tougher schedule.
    Auburn is better than 3 of the 4 teams that BYU has faced (only Texas is better) and Utah State had them beaten at Auburn. I added some Utah State +240 ML to my original +7.5.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by John Ryan View Post
    To reiterate, the article for the BYU and Total can be found on the site. I have a 5* on BYU and a 5* UNDER. This play was posted above in the thread.
    You and I are like point and counterpoint on the SBR page. My Utah State write-up is up.

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by makaylismama View Post
    John I have been following you for awhile and I think your awesome. I just wanted to bring to your attention that your latest article in the forum at the top says you will pick the over and at the bottom it says you are going towards under so which one is it?
    5* BYU and 5* 'UNDER'

I have written it several times in the thread... Thanks adn I will be back at 6:30 PM ET for some final thoughts.

John Ryan

good luck tonight. i will be back with a half time with a possible play for the second half. Last night I gave out Pitt for a second ahf play adn they won the second half 21-0

Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

I just saw that at my book (bet365) BYU is at -7.5 but the odds went from 1.90 to 1.95 (-105).

Also the total changed and went to 51.5

Don't know why it changed, but I was going to take it anyway so I took it.

DieselPrime
    DieselPrime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

I starting to get the feeling I was right to stay away from this game. John has been on a hot streak lately so maybe Ill be kicking myself later

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Nice pick LT Profits

Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

Turns out this game could've gone either way. John Ryan was right about Utah State though. They couldn't hold on to the game and choked.

At least I was lucky catching the under at 51.5 to even things out.

John Ryan

Not the best of calls on this game. You are right that Utah State just folded the tent when BYU finally got their act together. I think Utah State gave them the game. I had listed this game at 51 so for posting purposes it is a push. I am glad that most of you should like you were able to get the half point and win the total. Utah State is now done for the season mentally. Two losses back-to-back like this one are just too tough for most teams to overcome. It looked too like they were physically exhausted on both sides of the ball, especially on defense.

John Ryan

Make sure you get all of 5* CFB plays that can found on the site that I wrote throughout the week. They are easy to find so get them and enjoy. The one that stands out is V-Tech to me and it is actually a 7* release.

next week we will be doing a marquee Pac-12 game so look for the new thread Sunday night. Thanks

John Ryan

Ok. New thread is up. California at oregon hosted by John Ryan. See you all there.

First 12