strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

San Jose +7 Under 41

I am not putting these in yet because I feel the squares will move these lines in my favor. Maybe not so much with the San Jose +7 because I know the sharps pounding this will stop line from moving. With the Total I see it going to somewhere around 43 by game time, I will let everyone know when I put these in. IF the lines do not change I will still be taking these two plays.

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like both plays.

I have another solid play on this game. Its taking san jose +3.5 (-120) for the second quarter. San Jose st has outscored opponents 52-31 in the 2nd quarter.
    Last edited by tab; 10-24-08 at 01:27 PM.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

i took the over in this one. just my .02

strictlywinners

Ihope thats how much you put on the over, cause its a loser.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

i say its a winner, Boise St's offense is gonna come alive today as they dominate San Jose, Boise St. - 7 easy, Over ?

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by strictlywinners View Post
    I am not putting these in yet because I feel the squares will move these lines in my favor. Maybe not so much with the San Jose +7 because I know the sharps pounding this will stop line from moving. With the Total I see it going to somewhere around 43 by game time, I will let everyone know when I put these in. IF the lines do not change I will still be taking these two plays.
    Yea I wish I could have gotten it while it was at +7.5 and was hoping to wait for more square money to bump it back but I decided to just go with it and hopefully that .5 wont be the difference between a win and a push.

SportsLockPicks
    SportsLockPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    i say its a winner, Boise St's offense is gonna come alive today as they dominate San Jose, Boise St. - 7 easy, Over ?
    I quoted this post because I love it when people write things to convince themselves they are right after they see someone else going on the underdog when they just laid the wood on the road AGAIN
    Home dog bro, and a good one...I can't say how much I love the boring route in this one...SJS UNDER

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Ihope thats how much you put on the over, cause its a loser.
    no , i put $40 on it.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

to be honest, i really dont care over under, i usually dont bet them. I was just saying that to be an ass like you said. But really, I do like Boise St. and I don't need to convince myself. Im not throwing my bankroll on this game, I won yesterday w/ WV AirForce parlay, so I got 55 to win 50 on Boise St. nothing big, just keeping me interested, so either way.

GL Guys

strictlywinners

Well, Sam when you get better at this and start making more money you will make better picks.
    I've got
    San Jose +7 1500
    San Jose Moneyl +260 500
    San Jose Under 41 1000.

Good luck to you but Boise isn't that good, their D is solid but there offense is suspect.

Jayy
    Jayy's Avatar Become A Pro!

im w/ you. i got san jose +7.5 under 41.5

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, Sam when you get better at this and start making more money you will make better picks.
    I've got
    San Jose +7 1500
    San Jose Moneyl +260 500
    San Jose Under 41 1000.

Good luck to you but Boise isn't that good, their D is solid but there offense is suspect.
    strictly,
    good luck tonight. I like san jose and the under as well.

strictlywinners

We will get it Tab, we seem to win more then the rest, even though I hate that you spread your money around so much. Who knows maybe you will make me a believer some day.

AFVols11
    AFVols11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tab View Post
    I like both plays.

I have another solid play on this game. Its taking san jose +3.5 (-120) for the second quarter. San Jose st has outscored opponents 52-31 in the 2nd quarter.
    This is the reason I am taking Boise in the 2Q, they have outscored their opponents 104 (17.3 avg.) to 24 (4 avg.) in the 2Q, that is double than what SJSU has scored in 2Q, and in 1 less game..thinking of 2Q Over as well...good luck though..

madworld
    madworld's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I so hope you're right!

I've got
    San Jose +7 1500
    San Jose Moneyl +260 500
    San Jose Under 41 1000.

I would love to see San Jose win this game outright! Eventhough I just took the points

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4903

I think San Jose State is the play here as well. But I do think it will go OVER.

Good luck SW.

strictlywinners

Thank you sir, hopefully you will be "looking on" a San Jose victory, like 20-17

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4903

Thank you sir, hopefully you will be "looking on" a San Jose victory, like 20-17
    I hope it goes under for you bud. I will not be on anything in this one.

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

I can't seems to pull the trigger on the SJ State. It could be because I gambled and put my $$$ on a bad team (Auburn) yesterday.

SJ State have played 2 quality (relatively speaking with respect to their schedule) teams: Nebraska, and Stanford. They lost by double digits in both games. Albeit, they were on the road.

Boise on the other hand have played 2 games on the road against 2 quality (again, relatively speaking) teams. They scored tons off points and beat both opponents. With the exception of Oregon, no one has been able to score in double digits against Boise.

How did you cap this game? What make you think SJ State will cover or wins outright? Please shed some light. I'm learning

SportsLockPicks

Why do you assume that the Sharps will be on SJS? Just because they are a home dog? Or that they don't SEEM like the popular play? Or are you just trying to make yourself feel good about taking the unpopular play?

strictlywinners

Quote Originally Posted by Rixsaw View Post
    I can't seems to pull the trigger on the SJ State. It could be because I gambled and put my $$$ on a bad team (Auburn) yesterday.

SJ State have played 2 quality (relatively speaking with respect to their schedule) teams: Nebraska, and Stanford. They lost by double digits in both games. Albeit, they were on the road.

Boise on the other hand have played 2 games on the road against 2 quality (again, relatively speaking) teams. They scored tons off points and beat both opponents. With the exception of Oregon, no one has been able to score in double digits against Boise.

How did you cap this game? What make you think SJ State will cover or wins outright? Please shed some light. I'm learning
    Ok as I tell everyone, my picks have nothing to do with the teams or the stats, the weather doesn't matter and neither does the night. I Cap strictly based on probabilities, its alot of boring math and as you will see in most of my postings, the majority always seems to hate my plays and is on the other side, just the way I like it. When you are gambling don't fall victim to the illusion that you are gambling against the bookie, cause you aren't. You are gambling against other gamblers, when a majority of them are on one side and the line gets better for you it is their money that the bookie is paying you with and therefore they are your opponent.

SportsLockPicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rixsaw View Post

The side is tough on this one, at least on paper...but this is a conference game, very important for both, and they relatively know more about each other than teams outside the conference...i find stronger value in the total in this game...you touched on how stingy Boise State is on Defense, I agree, I am hammering the UNDER, as far as the side, save your money for tomorrow where you have 60 options...thats the best advice you are gonna get

SportsLockPicks

if in doubt, wait till saturday

strictlywinners

Quote Originally Posted by SportsLockPicks View Post
    Why do you assume that the Sharps will be on SJS? Just because they are a home dog? Or that they don't SEEM like the popular play? Or are you just trying to make yourself feel good about taking the unpopular play?
    Everyone always asks why I am taking something, ok here is quick explanation I have formula that I use, when value is more then 10 it becomes play right now SJS is 27 and under is 18 so those are the plays.

Next just because something is the sharp play, does not mean it is the winning play it just means you will be on the right side, the sharps do lose, and they actually lose alot, even the best cappers don't hit better then 65%.

This is the sharp play because the intial early line on the game, the one that you and I don't get to see, was +8 sharp early action immediately moved this down to 7. Since then the public has been hammering Boise, and guess what the line has not moved back up, which means one of two things, the Sharps went absolutely HUGE on SJS so the books are leaving the line to balance out the action or 2 the action is lopsided on Boise now but the Books are willing to gamble their own money on SJS. Either one of these reasons are good enough for this to be my play.

Rixsaw

If the public continue to pound Boise, I will be on SJ St too. For the record, I don't hate your picks or anyone's pick for that matter. I do respect your capping skill tremendously. Didn't you used to do a video for your NBA picks last season?

Thanks and BOL

Rixsaw

Quote Originally Posted by SportsLockPicks View Post
    if in doubt, wait till saturday
    I'll probly have a small play just to make the game more exciting. BOL to you.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

someone inform me please!!! Why take the under?

strictlywinners

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    someone inform me please!!! Why take the under?
    Neither offense is that good, I do think Boise's D is very good. Lots of Field Goals in this game and maybe a couple redzone turnovers. San Jose's coach will have good game plan to try an control clock and keep his team in it till the end.

keystonekid
    keystonekid's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just went all-in on San Jose State +7-

I am going with what you guys are saying. GL

strictlywinners

Quote Originally Posted by keystonekid View Post
    I just went all-in on San Jose State +7-

I am going with what you guys are saying. GL
    Oh no! My man if you can please get off this as soon as possible, San Jose is not as solid a play as it was early today, I am going to try to get off it myself, I will let everyone know what I do.

starboots
    starboots's Avatar Become A Pro!

what changed?

NashvilleGambler
    NashvilleGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh no! My man if you can please get off this as soon as possible, San Jose is not as solid a play as it was early today, I am going to try to get off it myself, I will let everyone know what I do.
    Im gonna let it ride. San Jose --7 1/2 UNDER 41

manofmyth
    manofmyth's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm taking Boise and the over. This is a game where Boise is playing for votes. They need to win, and win with conviction. They can't let SJSU hang around and take this game from them. Boise has NMSU, Utah St, and Idaho for their next 3 games, all of those Boise should handle quite easily. So, if you're looking for the "trap, letdown, look-ahead" angle for Boise, it ain't happening. They rout San Jose St tonight with BCS voters watching. Chris Peterson knows the routine. Nothing against San Jose St here, I like what Dick Tomey has done with San Jose St, I just don't think they match up well against Boise St offense. Look for Boise to score early, and often. Then Tomey will have to abandon the run and throw the ball. Take away SJSU passing stats against Utah St, and they're run game and pass game is mediocre at best.

SportsLockPicks

touching the side in this one is tough...boise could shut this team out, i know it isn't fun, or popular, but if anyone is looking to make money on this game...take the under and root for the defense for a change..a couple red zone turnovers are in store on this games way to the under...wait until about gametime to lock it in..i just saw in dip under 41 for the first time...let all the dead money hammer the over then grab what you can at about 8:55 est

strictlywinners

Just so everyone knows I did not get off these 2 plays I'm going to let them ride til half, I still like them both but they are not as strong as they were intially for me. Hopefully luck is on our side tonight.

12 Last