tcaldwell
    tcaldwell's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blackjack

What are you supposed to do on 16? if dealer shows 6 or betteer?

raddle_snake
    raddle_snake's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you have a card of 16 of 16 must be hit one more card. 16 is not enough to win. So it depend on your luck now that your next card must be exactly 5 sor it's a black jack!

mariomonte
    mariomonte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 564

Hit against dealer 7 or higher, stand against dealer 6. Mostly splits with 8-8.

Cappy
    Cappy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 880

Quote Originally Posted by tcaldwell View Post
    What are you supposed to do on 16? if dealer shows 6 or betteer?
    There are a million websites and books that explain basic blackjack strategy. Consult those, you should be able to master basic strategy fairly quickly

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12803

If the dealer has a 4, 5, or 6, the rule is not to bust, let the dealer try to bust.
    You will still lose (statistically 5 out of 13 times) 39 percent of the time as the dealer pulls a winner out his wazzu, but you will win (statistically 8 out of 13 times) 61 percent of the time.
    I was at a table where the dealer had a 6 and 4 players busted, the other player had a 20,
    and I sat on my 16. The dealer flips over his card, pulls a 10 spot and busts. The house did not have to pay four hands that should be winners. But the players did what they thought was right.

dbldown
    dbldown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1395

If the dealer shows 5 or 6, get as much money on the table as you can. Split, double, repeat, stand on anything above 11.

uwfargo
    uwfargo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 208

stand

dimon
    dimon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by eberetta1 View Post
    If the dealer has a 4, 5, or 6, the rule is not to bust, let the dealer try to bust.
    You will still lose (statistically 5 out of 13 times) 39 percent of the time as the dealer pulls a winner out his wazzu, but you will win (statistically 8 out of 13 times) 61 percent of the time.
    I was at a table where the dealer had a 6 and 4 players busted, the other player had a 20,
    and I sat on my 16. The dealer flips over his card, pulls a 10 spot and busts. The house did not have to pay four hands that should be winners. But the players did what they thought was right.
    Are you serious? Hit on the dealer 6....I want to deal for those folks