Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Koz accepted the fight with Hughes!
    ha yeah tht was never in doubt, it's whether Hughes accepts Kos

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post

Average? Sure. But he's still a demonstrably more effective striker than Matt Hughes.
    Nope he isn't, not that it matters now.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post

Nope he isn't, not that it matters now.
    I wouldn't take too much exception to you calling Hughes the better striker (even though I personally think the evidence suggests otherwise), but calling Hughes the significantly better striker sounds like total bunkum to me.

You criticise Sanchez for brawling, yet bailing on takedowns and winging punches is still often more conducive to success than anything Hughes does in the stand-up. Could you imagine Hughes rocking Kampmann, or even landing discernibly clean, hard shots on Kampmann? I don't see it.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd say Sanchez is better at striking in terms of attacking an opponent with flurries, but Hughes is a better counter puncher, more methodological, and has more power, as the Almeida (counter-punch) and even Renzo fight to certain extent showed.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post

I wouldn't take too much exception to you calling Hughes the better striker (even though I personally think the evidence suggests otherwise), but calling Hughes the significantly better striker sounds like total bunkum to me.

You criticise Sanchez for brawling, yet bailing on takedowns and winging punches is still often more conducive to success than anything Hughes does in the stand-up. Could you imagine Hughes rocking Kampmann, or even landing discernibly clean, hard shots on Kampmann? I don't see it.
    That's fine, think what you want. It's your opinion and I happen to think you're wrong. Agree to disagree, or don't agree at all. Either way I having a hard time actually giving a **** about fight that's not even going to happen.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    I'd say Sanchez is better at striking in terms of attacking an opponent with flurries, but Hughes is a better counter puncher, more methodological, and has more power, as the Almeida (counter-punch) and even Renzo fight to certain extent showed.
    Agreed, though I would personally give Sanchez the edge in power. Almeida got lamped by a gassed Andrei Semenov and Renzo Gracie... is Renzo Gracie. I think rocking Kampmann, dropping Guida and knocking out Riggs is a more impressive display of power.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24890

rafa martin
    !
    rafa martin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

with you on the parlay jones, munoz and browne hope we cash this one and thanks again for all your well display data and info...i really appreciate. best of luck to all

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

No plays for me this weekend, arbed out of my 5 units on Bigfoot (-150) with Cormier at +160. Gonna be at a Festival seeing The Cure amongst others so wont be posting again till Tuesday probably.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Adding:

Parlay: 10 units on Koscheck (-333.33), Jon Jones (-400), Cruz (-400), & Munoz (-187.5) to win 21.146 units.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Mitrione looking ripped...

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Mitrione going to Light Heavy?

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

LOL @ that pic.... looks like the typical facebook showoff that needs self-gratification.
    My $$$ is on Meathead regardless.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    LOL @ that pic.... looks like the typical facebook showoff that needs self-gratification.
    Your Avitar cracks me up! That's great.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    haha yeah always gives me douche-chills when I see somebody doing tht on facebook! Like they've spent an hour trying different angles and different flexing! Tragic

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Adding:

Parlay (double): 5 units on Shields/Ellenberger to Go the Distance (-200), & Koscheck (-375) to win 4.5 units.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Adding:

Parlay: 2.5 units on Baczynski (-138), Koch (-175), & BJ Penn (-125) to win 9.714 units.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Adding:

13.8 units on Baczynski at -138 to win 10 units.

Big play on Baczynski for me which could be risky and don't recommend others go as big! That being said, I believe The Polish Pistola has the advantage in every area of this fight. I bet quite big on Edwards against Harvison as I fought he'd be able to control with his wrestling, which he did to a certain extent, however he didn't have the cardio or experience to back-up his solid, aggressive start in the first round. I still fought he should of got the nod as I thought he clearly won first round and scraped the last round. Now Harvison faces a bigger and more experienced fighter in Baczynski. Harvison didn't impress me on TUF, although not many at all impressed me on that season - Ferguson was clearly a level above all the guys on the show. But with regards to Baczynski, he is clearly not that good a fighter either, but I do feel he has the ability to dominate Harvison. He has more experience against better competition, a better camp training with likes of Bader, Dolloway, Lawler, and spends time with Kingsbu who was in his corner for his last fight. A key consideration in this one is that Seth was fighting at 185 during his previous involvement on TUF and against Brad Tavares in the finale. Even at that weight where he was undersized in terms of bulk, he showed that he could compete, he went to decision against Court McGee and Tavares, and some thought he deserved the nod against Brad. He is now a big 6ft 3" WW rather than a small MW which has already shown dividends in his previous fight against Alex Garcia. Seth stepped in on a month's notice to fight Garcia for the interim title in his own backyard in at the Bell Centre and was expected to be another stepping stone for the top prospect out of Zahabi MMA. After being taken down early on, he was able to control Garcia on the ground, get back to his feet then lock on a guillotine that he used to transition to full mount. He then took Garcia's back and controlled him stealing the first round. In the second round, his heart, cardio and size showed as he stuffed the take-down attempts of Garcia and ended up landing on top again and finishing the Animal with some brutal GnP. THis fight with Harvison should be different as it's highly unlikely that Harvison will look for take-downs, and even if he did I highly doubt he'd be able to get Baczynski down, even though that's been one of Seth's weaknesses in the past. I believe and hope that Baczynski will in fact be the one looking for the takedown after trading with Harvison for the first couple minutes. It's quite clear that Harvison is quite a slow starter, Edwards showed that you can overwhelm him early. Hopefully Seth will use his size to close the distance and pressure Clay against the fence, where he will use his knees which he uses to good effect and wear Clay down before putting him on his back and either submitting him or delivering some solid GnP. I dont see Harvison TKO/KO'ing Seth as I don't believe Clay has that much power in his hands, and Seth also has a solid chin as he showed against Tavares, McKenzie and Garcia recently. I think Clay's only chance is to pick apart Seth standing, but I dont think this is likely as I expect Seth to will have the right strategy of mixing it up with cage pressure and takedowns, along with the experience, determination, and cardio to go 3 rounds hard and show more control and dominance in the judges eyes. Coming out of Power MMA and training with likes of Dolloway, Bader and Kingsbu, I'd like to think that takedowns will be a key part of his strategy. Hopefully, he will end the poor run of Power MMA recently!

Baczynski's fight with Garcia is below:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xi9...aczynski_sport

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Adding:

12.002 units on Ken Stone at -120 to win 10.001 units.

See Stone being more athletic, having superior grappling, and solid striking - especially leg-kicks. He's fought two Top 6 Bantamweights so far and done well until getting brutally finished. I see it being third time lucky and Donny Walker is not near the level of Jorgensen and Wineland.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Adding:

13.8 units on Baczynski at -138 to win 10 units.

Big play on Baczynski for me which could be risky and don't recommend others go as big! That being said, I believe The Polish Pistola has the advantage in every area of this fight. I bet quite big on Edwards against Harvison as I fought he'd be able to control with his wrestling, which he did to a certain extent, however he didn't have the cardio or experience to back-up his solid, aggressive start in the first round. I still fought he should of got the nod as I thought he clearly won first round and scraped the last round. Now Harvison faces a bigger and more experienced fighter in Baczynski. Harvison didn't impress me on TUF, although not many at all impressed me on that season - Ferguson was clearly a level above all the guys on the show. But with regards to Baczynski, he is clearly not that good a fighter either, but I do feel he has the ability to dominate Harvison. He has more experience against better competition, a better camp training with likes of Bader, Dolloway, Lawler, and spends time with Kingsbu who was in his corner for his last fight. A key consideration in this one is that Seth was fighting at 185 during his previous involvement on TUF and against Brad Tavares in the finale. Even at that weight where he was undersized in terms of bulk, he showed that he could compete, he went to decision against Court McGee and Tavares, and some thought he deserved the nod against Brad. He is now a big 6ft 3" WW rather than a small MW which has already shown dividends in his previous fight against Alex Garcia. Seth stepped in on a month's notice to fight Garcia for the interim title in his own backyard in at the Bell Centre and was expected to be another stepping stone for the top prospect out of Zahabi MMA. After being taken down early on, he was able to control Garcia on the ground, get back to his feet then lock on a guillotine that he used to transition to full mount. He then took Garcia's back and controlled him stealing the first round. In the second round, his heart, cardio and size showed as he stuffed the take-down attempts of Garcia and ended up landing on top again and finishing the Animal with some brutal GnP. THis fight with Harvison should be different as it's highly unlikely that Harvison will look for take-downs, and even if he did I highly doubt he'd be able to get Baczynski down, even though that's been one of Seth's weaknesses in the past. I believe and hope that Baczynski will in fact be the one looking for the takedown after trading with Harvison for the first couple minutes. It's quite clear that Harvison is quite a slow starter, Edwards showed that you can overwhelm him early. Hopefully Seth will use his size to close the distance and pressure Clay against the fence, where he will use his knees which he uses to good effect and wear Clay down before putting him on his back and either submitting him or delivering some solid GnP. I dont see Harvison TKO/KO'ing Seth as I don't believe Clay has that much power in his hands, and Seth also has a solid chin as he showed against Tavares, McKenzie and Garcia recently. I think Clay's only chance is to pick apart Seth standing, but I dont think this is likely as I expect Seth to will have the right strategy of mixing it up with cage pressure and takedowns, along with the experience, determination, and cardio to go 3 rounds hard and show more control and dominance in the judges eyes. Coming out of Power MMA and training with likes of Dolloway, Bader and Kingsbu, I'd like to think that takedowns will be a key part of his strategy. Hopefully, he will end the poor run of Power MMA recently!

Baczynski's fight with Garcia is below:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xi9...aczynski_sport

this is a ballsy play....but the write up is appreciated....baczynski has definitely been in much tougher(harvison`s win have been over mostly stiffs)...but he manages to lose a little too often....one hopes he`s not used to taking the "L"....

g.l. on the play,brother...

rocky mattioli

duplicate

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

I'm not going to use the term tailing, but my leans on Stone and Baczynski might turn into big bets thanks to Vaughny...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    I'm not going to use the term tailing, but my leans on Stone and Baczynski might turn into big bets thanks to Vaughny...
    Good to see that you're on them as well

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Adding:

12.002 units on Ken Stone at -120 to win 10.001 units.

See Stone being more athletic, having superior grappling, and solid striking - especially leg-kicks. He's fought two Top 6 Bantamweights so far and done well until getting brutally finished. I see it being third time lucky and Donny Walker is not near the level of Jorgensen and Wineland.
    im loving this play... instantly when i was looking at the odds it struck me as a "good" play.

no, im not going as big as you but im going with the play mone the less

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Can't argue with either of those selections Vaug!

BOL pal.

reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

vaughny where do you place your mma bets mostly? is 5dimes decent for mma?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by reformed View Post
    vaughny where do you place your mma bets mostly? is 5dimes decent for mma?
    Yeah 5dimes/Sportbet are best. I have access to Pinnacle tho which has best odds for straight-up bets. Also use bookmaker and some Euro bookys

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by sundin4prez View Post
    im loving this play... instantly when i was looking at the odds it struck me as a "good" play.

no, im not going as big as you but im going with the play mone the less
    Yeah line as moved in our favour

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Can't argue with either of those selections Vaug!

BOL pal.
    Nice one, cheers mate

rocky mattioli

not sure how many saw the "after the fact" weigh in vid......but i always like seeing it....it helps me to see what the guys look like at the peak of their weight cuts......

that ufc site is n`t the most user frirndly place to try and search out stuff....

but here it is...maybe it helps somebody....

http://www.ufc.com/news/Official-UFC...igh-In-Results

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by rafa martin View Post
    with you on the parlay jones, munoz and browne hope we cash this one and thanks again for all your well display data and info...i really appreciate. best of luck to all
    Bare in mind that I'll be hedging all my plays involving Jones with Rampage KO of the Night. And if my parlays get to the Munoz leg then I will probably hedge with Leben KO of the Night as well.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Summary of UFC Battle on the Bayou Plays:

13.8 units on Baczynski at -138 to win 10 units;

12.002 units on Ken Stone at -120 to win 10.001 units;

6.334 units on Belcher by TKO/KO at +235 to win 14.885 units;

6.334 units on Belcher/MacDonald to Go the Distance at +145 to win 9.184 units;

6.333 units on Ellenberger by Decision at +297 to win 18.809 units;

3.167 units on Brookins/Koch to Go the Distance at +135 to win 4.275 units;

1 unit on Edwards/Lopez to Go Over 2.5 Rnds at +119 to win 1.19 units;

Parlay: 2.5 units on Baczynski (-138), Koch (-175), & BJ Penn (-125) to win 9.714 units;

Parlay (double): 5 units on Shields/Ellenberger to Go the Distance (-200), & Koscheck (-375) to win 4.5 units;

Parlay: 3.484 units on Dunham, Belcher, Shields, Koscheck, & Cruz to win 10.572;

Parlay: 0.613 units on Shields, Not Jackson by Decision, Sonnen by Decision, Aldo by Decision, Ward by Decision, Not Nick Diaz by Decision, & Penn/Condit to Go the Distance to win 18.176 units;

Parlay: 0.613 units on Ellenberger/Shields to Go the Distance, Dawson/Hopkins Over 9.5 rnds, Ward/Froch Over 9.5 rnds, Not Jackson by Decision, Not Florian Inside the Distance, & Velasquez by Decision to win 7.362 units.

Most lines have moved in my favour except Ellenberger by decision which I took a couple months ago as I thought that line would end up at +250 to +275 range. GL tonight all

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47733

gl tonight Vaughany..see you at the poker tables soon!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Summary of UFC Battle on the Bayou Plays:

13.8 units on Baczynski at -138 to win 10 units;

12.002 units on Ken Stone at -120 to win 10.001 units;

6.334 units on Belcher by TKO/KO at +235 to win 14.885 units;

6.334 units on Belcher/MacDonald to Go the Distance at +145 to win 9.184 units;

6.333 units on Ellenberger by Decision at +297 to win 18.809 units;

3.167 units on Brookins/Koch to Go the Distance at +135 to win 4.275 units;

1 unit on Edwards/Lopez to Go Over 2.5 Rnds at +119 to win 1.19 units;

Parlay: 2.5 units on Baczynski (-138), Koch (-175), & BJ Penn (-125) to win 9.714 units;

Parlay (double): 5 units on Shields/Ellenberger to Go the Distance (-200), & Koscheck (-375) to win 4.5 units;

Parlay: 3.484 units on Dunham, Belcher, Shields, Koscheck, & Cruz to win 10.572;

Parlay: 0.613 units on Shields, Not Jackson by Decision, Sonnen by Decision, Aldo by Decision, Ward by Decision, Not Nick Diaz by Decision, & Penn/Condit to Go the Distance to win 18.176 units;

Parlay: 0.613 units on Ellenberger/Shields to Go the Distance, Dawson/Hopkins Over 9.5 rnds, Ward/Froch Over 9.5 rnds, Not Jackson by Decision, Not Florian Inside the Distance, & Velasquez by Decision to win 7.362 units.

Most lines have moved in my favour except Ellenberger by decision which I took a couple months ago as I thought that line would end up at +250 to +275 range. GL tonight all
    Forgot to add these two plays:

0.5 units on McGee by Decision at +215 to win 1.075 units;

0.218 units on Ellenberger by TKO/KO at +650 to win 1.417 units.

First ... 70717273747576 ... Last