marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Don't misquote me. Someone asked me how much I lost and I said that I lost enough to make most people on this board feel sick.

We're talking about a guy who brags about winning like £30, I don't think that attempting to tell him something rational like that would accomplish anything. The truth, as sad as it is, is that marz is too naturally unintelligent to understand gambling properly. I don't even mean that in an insulting way, it's just the truth. The guy is not smart, he's very, very unintelligent, which he could potentially overcome, but even worse, he doesn't have any learning potential because of his attitude and mindset. He doesn't understand that he doesn't understand anything, and doesn't have any learning potential as a result.

The guy's a lost cause. He got the short end of the stick, genetically, and his horrible attitude just compounds the issue.
    Lol why did you write all that? i must of affected you by reminding you of your losses. I don't wish to "understand" Gambling, Gambling is a fools game that only losers partake in. Betting on fights however is a rare form of gambling, where you only ever have a 50/50 percent chance of winning or losing money, Being a fan, knowing the fighters, there styles and taking into a account a number of factors helps sway the chances of winning in your favor. The way you bet, your bankroll, strategy etc is all subjective to the individual. its as simple as that. as for genetically short end of the stick - i'm the only one i know of, that has the balls to post there picture on this site, i have no fears or insecurity's that i know of. i lift weights regularly, go for jogs and try to keep my body balanced with my mind. i'm young 22 in the prime of my life, and i do / strive to do what i want every second of everyday, if i want to go for a run at 4 in the morning i do it, if i want to play videogames for 10 hours straight i do it, if i want to ask for a girls phone number i do it, that's why i will always take into account betting on fights, since iv'e had success in it, because working a job full time and doing something i don't want to do and exchanging my time for money i could care less about doesn't do it for me. i would rather not live like a slave, i'm whats known as a realist, just because this is the system we have in place doesn't mean this is how its always been or always has to be. there are better options.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Lol why did you write all that? i must of affected you by reminding you of your losses. I don't wish to "understand" Gambling, Gambling is a fools game that only losers partake in. Betting on fights however is a rare form of gambling, where you only ever have a 50/50 percent chance of winning or losing money, Being a fan, knowing the fighters, there styles and taking into a account a number of factors helps sway the chances of winning in your favor. The way you bet, your bankroll, strategy etc is all subjective to the individual. its as simple as that. as for genetically short end of the stick - i'm the only one i know of, that has the balls to post there picture on this site, i have no fears or insecurity's that i know of. i lift weights regularly, go for jogs and try to keep my body balanced with my mind. i'm young 22 in the prime of my life, and i do / strive to do what i want every second of everyday, if i want to go for a run at 4 in the morning i do it, if i want to play videogames for 10 hours straight i do it, if i want to ask for a girls phone number i do it, that's why i will always take into account betting on fights, since iv'e had success in it, because working a job full time and doing something i don't want to do and exchanging my time for money i could care less about doesn't do it for me. i would rather not live like a slave, i'm whats known as a realist, just because this is the system we have in place doesn't mean this is how its always been or always has to be. there are better options.

Just to be clear, are you claiming to gamble for a living?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    Just to be clear, are you claiming to gamble for a living?
    36 squid goes a long way in Sunderland. Can put a deposit down on a terraced house for tht

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Ron Paul, why do you feel the need to post from two accounts?

Also, if this was true, "Betting on fights however is a rare form of gambling, where you only ever have a 50/50 percent chance of winning or losing money" All you would have to do is bet every dog.

Also no one under 40 refers to 'jogging'.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Beelzebubzy

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post

Also, if this was true, "Betting on fights however is a rare form of gambling, where you only ever have a 50/50 percent chance of winning or losing money" All you would have to do is bet every dog.

Just like Roy Nelson and Nog, you beat me to the punch

marzwoody

Lol i'm not gonna give out my situation over the internet other then unless i have some revaluation, where i discover a perfect job i would enjoy everyday which is unlikely but who knows, i guess working a normal job and saving up as much as i can to bet "large" amounts of money on fights would be the way to go. as for me being Ron Paul, dude iv'e already posted my picture twice that is just stupid Lol. maybe because were both listeners of the joe rogan experience we share similar views on certain things? you should listen to that nunya i think you could benefit from it.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

You're right, I probably would benefit from listening to Joe Rogan's musings on bigfoot. Not sure why I even bothered to get a degree in philosophy when the guy who yells a lot during punchfights has it all figured out.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I posted your picture on this site, and when I did, you got upset and said that you were leaving the forum.

I'm starting to wonder how much of a correlation there is between being unintelligent and lacking the ability to learn from others.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

I'm starting to wonder how much of a correlation there is between being unintelligent and lacking the ability to learn from others.
    One would assume it's pretty close to 1, unless I'm missing something.

marzwoody

Lol you made me laugh with that comment, i don't agree with everything he says of course, but in the years iv'e been listening it has opened my mind to new ideas and ways of thinking that i wouldn't of known about before, and also its funny as penetrate most of the time and just entertainment

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

"Best podcast on planet-earth"

marzwoody

I posted your picture on this site, and when I did, you got upset and said that you were leaving the forum.

Learning from others? or learning from you? i listen to a great deal of people as long as what there saying makes sense to me and they back up there opinions with facts. you have done neither. your not entitled to me learning from you because you have gave me nothing to learn from,
    Last edited by marzwoody; 04-15-14 at 05:37 PM.

marzwoody

Anyways this is just a bit of banter for me, i respect everyone on this forum, even nunya you have to understand i'm the master of arguments

MD

One would assume it's pretty close to 1, unless I'm missing something.
    Thing is, if someone isn't naturally gifted, intellectually, they can still make it as a gambler, but I'm not quite sure how someone who isn't naturally intelligent gets to be so arrogant about their gambling skills. Not even necessarily just in regards to marz (though he's an obvious example), but just in general.

I have a pretty big ego, obviously, but I'm painfully aware how much work I have to do to get to where I want to be in gambling. Amongst the regulars of this sub-board, there's an atmosphere of learning and mutual benefit/profit, and that's why it's the only sub-board I visit on this unbelievably irritating site. It confuses me when someone joins the community, which has a lot of knowledge to give, and proclaims their refusal to be taught or instructed in any way. I'm a far better gambler than I was when I first joined, and if I didn't have that ability to listen to people with a higher gambling acumen than myself, I'd be a failure by this point, regardless of how intelligent I may or may not be. And I'm no special case, there are plenty of guys here who listen to others, take advice and improve. I personally think Beelze and Dwill are much better MMA bettors than they were, say, a year ago, same with quite a few others here.

On that note, the board is much better than it was six months ago. We've had an influx of pretty decent posters recently.

For the record, Bumdeal, Tremendous, and Wilbo, you all have the MD seal of approval. Keep on truckin'.

MD

Learning from others? or learning from you? i listen to a great deal of people as long as what there saying makes sense to me and they back up there opinions with facts. you have done neither. your not entitled to me learning from you because you have gave me nothing to learn from,
    How about starting by learning from Beelze's PM?

marzwoody

Thing is, if someone isn't naturally gifted, intellectually, they can still make it as a gambler, but I'm not quite sure how someone who isn't naturally intelligent gets to be so arrogant about their gambling skills. Not even necessarily just in regards to marz (though he's an obvious example), but just in general.

I have a pretty big ego, obviously, but I'm painfully aware how much work I have to do to get to where I want to be in gambling. Amongst the regulars of this sub-board, there's an atmosphere of learning and mutual benefit/profit, and that's why it's the only sub-board I visit on this unbelievably irritating site. It confuses me when someone joins the community, which has a lot of knowledge to give, and proclaims their refusal to be taught or instructed in any way. I'm a far better gambler than I was when I first joined, and if I didn't have that ability to listen to people with a higher gambling acumen than myself, I'd be a failure by this point, regardless of how intelligent I may or may not be. And I'm no special case, there are plenty of guys here who listen to others, take advice and improve. I personally think Beelze and Dwill are much better MMA bettors than they were, say, a year ago, same with quite a few others here.

On that note, the board is much better than it was six months ago. We've had an influx of pretty decent posters recently.

For the record, Bumdeal, Tremendous, and Wilbo, you all have the MD seal of approval. Keep on truckin'.
    I disregard all forms of authority. doesn't mean i'm willing to listen / learn, from others if they have something to teach / have valid points. but just saying statement like marzwoody doesn't learn or listen just out of your own ego or because i have said something that disagreed with your view is dumb and pointless. i have a big ego too at times but i also try to keep in check. i have silently taken on board many things people like Vaughany, Beez and Ron Paul have wrote. and sometimes i compliment them for it, but i'm merely an observer. even that Jibby makes some good points sometimes.

MD

I disregard all forms of authority. doesn't mean i'm willing to listen / learn, from others if they have something to teach / have valid points. but just saying statement like marzwoody doesn't learn or listen just out of your own ego or because i have said something that disagreed with your view is dumb and pointless. i have a big ego too at times but i also try to keep in check. i have silently taken on board many things people like Vaughany, Beez and Ron Paul have wrote. and sometimes i compliment them for it, but i'm merely an observer. even that Jibby makes some good points sometimes.
    I don't believe the first statement at all. As for the second statement, neither of us believes that and you know it.

Beelzebubzy

YES! YES! YES! YES!
    a backhanded compliment.

In all seriousness, thanks.

I am getting better at MMA betting every year. I know because my bankroll has grown at increasing rates. If I ever lost serious money, I would just put more in real estate or stocks as that game is even easier than this poop.

There are downswings for me as I work more at my day job and just throw picks together that I think are winnerz.
    I have and always will give credit to certain posters.

Nunya, MD, Vaughany, GrabABewb, GuidaClayAllDay, SaulPunisher, V1y,([probably others I am forgetting) and Gabe. Without Gabe, I would never had learn from my mistakes.

Love always,
    Your fourth best WWE Capper.

marzwoody

Because i have the free will to write whatever i want, and i have backed it up many times by posting my plays and so far i have been successful and won a lot more then i have lost. And also i don't need YOU a stranger over the internet's seal of approval on how "naturally gifted, intellectually" i am. that is just laughable and asinine to me. if your talking about my math or even IT skills (Outside of the internet) Then yes i absolutely suck a bag of dicks in these areas. but if your talking about things i'm interested in, that matter to me i am a level 10 shaolin master, highest of the high floyd mayweather, lighting fools up.

Beelzebubzy

No you havent, because I told you to listen to Nunya. He will teach you. All you have to do is read between the lines.

marzwoody

I don't believe the first statement at all. As for the second statement, neither of us believes that and you know it.
    That's OK dude. you don't have to believe me. a lot of people have made valid points when talking about MMA that i'm thankful for, posting about lines doesn't mean shit to me. i'm not a "gambler." never bet on anything in my life outside of boxing / MMA and i never plan to. only reason i'm on this forum instead of sherdog or something is because when i started betting on fights thought why not go on the so called best betting forum? if i wasn't listening to other peoples inputs i wouldn't even be on this site, i try to take into account all forms of useful information before i put down bets. so what your saying is just retarded. think you have an ego problem my friend, you have been repeatedly outsmarted by me on this forum, and i don't think your public education or your math degree can save you from deep thinking and logic. BOOM i'm out

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    YES! YES! YES! YES!
    a backhanded compliment.

In all seriousness, thanks.

I am getting better at MMA betting every year. I know because my bankroll has grown at increasing rates. If I ever lost serious money, I would just put more in real estate or stocks as that game is even easier than this poop.

There are downswings for me as I work more at my day job and just throw picks together that I think are winnerz.
    I have and always will give credit to certain posters.

Nunya, MD, Vaughany, GrabABewb, GuidaClayAllDay, SaulPunisher, V1y,([probably others I am forgetting) and Gabe. Without Gabe, I would never had learn from my mistakes.

Love always,
    Your fourth best WWE Capper.
    Not at all backhanded, I'm way better than I was a year ago, too. Thanks for the kind words, by the way.

Because i have the free will to write whatever i want, and i have backed it up many times by posting my plays and so far i have been successful and won a lot more then i have lost. And also i don't need YOU a stranger over the internet's seal of approval on how "naturally gifted, intellectually" i am. that is just laughable and asinine to me. if your talking about my math or even IT skills (Outside of the internet) Then yes i absolutely suck a bag of dicks in these areas. but if your talking about things i'm interested in, that matter to me i am a level 10 shaolin master, highest of the high floyd mayweather, lighting fools up.
    Thor, could you quote this part of his post and post that facepalm smiley, please? Thanks pal.

That's OK dude. you don't have to believe me. a lot of people have made valid points when talking about MMA that i'm thankful for, posting about lines doesn't mean shit to me. i'm not a "gambler." never bet on anything in my life outside of boxing / MMA and i never plan to. only reason i'm on this forum instead of sherdog or something is because when i started betting on fights thought why not go on the so called best betting forum? if i wasn't listening to other peoples inputs i wouldn't even be on this site, i try to take into account all forms of useful information before i put down bets. so what your saying is just retarded. think you have an ego problem my friend, you have been repeatedly outsmarted by me on this forum, and i don't think your public education or your math degree can save you from deep thinking and logic. BOOM i'm out
    This one, too, Thor? Starting to get delusional in here.
    Last edited by MD; 04-15-14 at 07:06 PM.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Thing is, if someone isn't naturally gifted, intellectually, they can still make it as a gambler,
    In a sense. They could follow some rote ideas of, if x then do y. But they wouldn't be able to reinvent the wheel or be able to enter new markets, etc.

I didn't and still don't know anything about sports when I started, took everything I knew about poker and casino games and applied it to what was available.

marzwoody

MD Translation: I'm just a troll with nothing important or significant to say! peace out! Let me know when you play your next 10k bet so i know when to fade brah i might be butthurt too, if i was you and some guy came along who was better then me and winning, started of with tavares vs larkin then just went on from there.. at last you learnt not to argue with my picks after a while like a good obedient boy. now if you just tailed me you would be on the right track to success, no more 10k loses etc, shit i could even give you a few tips in Dark souls 2!

MD

MD Translation: I'm just a troll with nothing important or significant to say! peace out! Let me know when you play your next 10k bet so i know when to fade brah i might be butthurt too, if i was you and some guy came along who was better then me and winning, started of with tavares vs larkin then just went on from there.. at last you learnt not to argue with my picks after a while like a good obedient boy. now if you just tailed me you would be on the right track to success, no more 10k loses etc, shit i could even give you a few tips in Dark souls 2!
    Oh I believe you. If I took your advice, within a couple of months I'd never lose $10000 gambling again. Might have some trouble paying my rent, though.

If you want some good bets to fade, my biggest plays on this card are on Stout/Noons goes distance and Kaufman/Smith goes distance. Fade away.

Brian891
    Brian891's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3624

anyone have any picks or is this card garbage?

MD

In a sense. They could follow some rote ideas of, if x then do y. But they wouldn't be able to reinvent the wheel or be able to enter new markets, etc.

I didn't and still don't know anything about sports when I started, took everything I knew about poker and casino games and applied it to what was available.
    I just found out that I took Werdum KO +1065, wasn't aware of that. What do you think of that line?

In a heavyweight fight it's probably not awful, but I have a hard time seeing Werdum KOing a guy as tough as Browne unless he can get the mount. Between injuries, early stoppages, mounted stoppages and straight knockouts, I think Werdum gets the KO/TKO finish around 10% of the time, but I feel like that number may be a bit off.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Um... How about I just call you Pouyosophy from now on. Or how about MD. Nah. I prefer Scooter. How about Scoots for short.

Ron_Paul_2012

Hey Marz. I'm beginning to think that Nuya has gone stir crazy & has developed multiple personalities to cope. I wouldn't be surprised if Nunya was actually MD/Thor/DeFacto. I still can't figure out if he is trying to be annoying or is projecting his mental illness.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Hey Marz. I'm beginning to think that Nuya has gone stir crazy & has developed multiple personalities to cope. I wouldn't be surprised if Nunya was actually MD/Thor/DeFacto. I still can't figure out if he is trying to be annoying or is projecting his mental illness.
    Nunya and I are similar in our mannerisms and such, but he's more like bean-dip, whereas I am more like blue steak.

Ron_Paul_2012

Nunya and I are similar in our mannerisms and such, but he's more like bean-dip, whereas I am more like blue steak.
    Whatever you say Scoots.

MD

Whatever you say Scoots.
    I like you too much to be Nunya.

Speaking of which, give me your opinion, I come bearing gifts:

Something tells me you'll enjoy this.

Ron_Paul_2012

I like you too much to be Nunya.

Speaking of which, give me your opinion, I come bearing gifts:

Something tells me you'll enjoy this.
    Absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I was going to turn in early but instead I think I'll take a Dopamine enhancer & start listening to all of their other songs! When I'm in a certain state of mind & hear or see something beautiful I just start crying (tears of joy/tears of awe) & all the hairs on my forearm & the back of my neck stand on end.

MD

Absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I was going to turn in early but instead I think I'll take a Dopamine enhancer & start listening to all of their other songs! When I'm in a certain state of mind & hear or see something beautiful I just start crying (tears of joy/tears of awe) & all the hairs on my forearm & the back of my neck stand on end.
    I know those feels, son. I'm a bit of a pussy when it comes to music.

This song's about his grandfather and his gradual mental decline and loss of memory. Really beautiful when you know what it's about.

The last verse is unbelievable. Starts a bit slow, though.

First 123456 Last