MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Knew it was going to lose as I was hitting it over and over at 900, 734, 616, 616, 200something,, 185.

Pissed!
    I actually tilted when they read out the results. Actually tilted. Can't even remember the last time that happened.

I knew it was going to lose, too. But I had to do it.

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    Josh is retiring Ben us not

MD

49-46 is one of the worst scorecards in MMA history. There is literally no argument for it. No argument.

shabang
    shabang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

great night for me...started off shitty though.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

I took Ben when heard my x is broke. Ful I don't bet like u guys tho.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    49-46 is one of the worst scorecards in MMA history. There is literally no argument for it. No argument.
    When I heard that I was shocked.... who gave that score?

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Knew it was going to lose as I was hitting it over and over at 900, 734, 616, 616, 200something,, 185.

Pissed!
    I didnt even get to see those lines.

I hit 900, 800, and 616 and saw 356 that I was loading up on but Devil Pups blocked me

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

and that's how Thomson by split dec +1200 prop bet burns up in flames, I expected it tho, Bendo always wins these close BS decisions but damn Thomson should have won that

latarianmilton
    latarianmilton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3660

i didnt saw the fight was it really a robbery? or was it close like machida vs davis?

Degenregen
    Degenregen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nothing more annoying than the annual bullshit bendo decision win

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Be right back, going to go punch a puppy in the oyster.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

I placed a live bet on hendo but something f-cked up like a glitch or something bet didn't register. then betting got suspended like a min later.

Beelzebubzy

Be right back, going to go punch a puppy in the oyster.
    I hope its mine.

On a similar note, wanna order Chinese for dinner?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by latarianmilton View Post
    i didnt saw the fight was it really a robbery? or was it close like machida vs davis?
    I thought it was a clear 49-46 for Josh, would've gave Benson round 3. I guess you could give him 4. I don't see any way he gets 1, 2, or 5.

Catchn_Picks

I thought it was a clear 49-46 for Josh, would've gave Benson round 3. I guess you could give him 4. I don't see any way he gets 1, 2, or 5.
    Benson was being ridden on his back for 10% of the fight! How is that scored for Bendo?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

I actually tilted when they read out the results. Actually tilted. Can't even remember the last time that happened.
    Yep, my skin is red hot and I'm trembling with rage. Shit is ridiculous. But at the same time, I was hoping they'd come to their senses and open bendo at even money or something right before the decision so I could put a bad bet down and hedge that shit.

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17028

Dana burying both guys on Vegas local affiliate interview.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    I placed a live bet on hendo but something f-cked up like a glitch or something bet didn't register. then betting got suspended like a min later.
    You were betting Hendo at -1000 or whatever that shit was? Were you listening to the commentary but not watching the fight?

Rogan was talking about it like it was a done deal too. Guess I need to rewatch.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Quote Originally Posted by latarianmilton View Post
    it wasn't completely horrible but thomson should have won. and the 49-46 scorecard, whoever turned that one in should be fired immediately. thats just offensive.

jacktheknife

Quote Originally Posted by jacktheknife View Post
    "Thompson didn't do anything that would make people say 'we want to see Josh get a title fight again sometime soon'."

Bitch...?

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

Henderson 2, 3 and 4

jacktheknife

I had 2, 3, and 5 for Hendo, but wtf. And Dana knows he broke his hand, too.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Catchn_Picks View Post
    I really don't understand...not just bitching...Thompson was getting sub attempts all night long. Benson complete on the defense except late
    I've been trying to tell you guys. Illinois state athletic comission.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

Quote Originally Posted by jacktheknife View Post
    damn i was kinda hoping my FOTN bet would hit.. it was still an exciting fight right? argh

Catchn_Picks

Read Sherdog's version of the fight and their judges. 4-1 for Thompson

BENSON HENDERSONVS.JOSH THOMSON

ROUND 1

Henderson lines up in the southpaw stance and punches at Thomson’s thigh, then goes high on the other side with a blocked head kick. When Henderson moves closer, Thomson grabs hold and dumps him to the ground, immediately moving to back control and locking up a body triangle. Henderson tries to walk off the fence while Thomson looks to peel away his arms and work for a rear-naked choke. Thomson can’t get under Henderson’s chin, so he thuds a few punches off the ex-champ’s ribs. Henderson stands with Thomson still attached to his back, and Thomson releases the body triangle. The lightweights fight on the cage with over-unders, Henderson on the outside, stomping at Thomson’s feet. Thomson turns it around, but Henderson drives a knee to the body and then trips “The Punk” to the ground. As Thomson scrambles up, Henderson grabs a standing arm-triangle choke and keeps hold as they fall to the ground. Thomson pulls his head free and grabs Henderson’s back as they stand, then scoops him up and dumps Henderson on his head before the horn.SHERDOG SCORES

Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Thomson
    TJ De Santis scores the round 10-9 Thomson
    Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Thomson

ROUND 2

Henderson drives a knee to the body of Thomson, who catches the leg but can’t trip “Smooth” to the ground. They clinch on the fence with Henderson on the outside, again looking for the standing arm-triangle. He releases and Thomson works a couple knees to the body with his back to the fence. Henderson is looking to reap the inside leg but can’t, leaving his midsection open to more knees. Two minutes into the round, referee John McCarthy splits them up. Henderson closes the gap with a push kick and an uppercut to the body, but Thomson grabs hold of him and throws Henderson to the mat at the base of the fence. Again, Thomson goes straight to back mount with a body triangle, and again Henderson stands up. Thomson jumps off and keeps his back to the fence as Henderson resets in the center. The fighters trade low kicks before Henderson rushes in with straight punches, then gets backed out when Thomson throws some of the same. Thomson grabs a kick and moves across the cage but can’t put Henderson on the ground.SHERDOG SCORES

ROUND 3

Henderson sticks Thomson with a Superman punch off the horn and follows up with two or three quick jabs. He hustles Thomson to the ground, but the AKA fighter is quick to scramble up. Henderson follows and takes hold of Thomson’s back, but Thomson squirts out and circles away. Thomson switches back and forth between southpaw and orthodox stances until Henderson closes the gap and pushes him against the cage. They separate and Thomson shoots for a takedown, but he winds up back on the fence. Henderson lands a good elbow on the break. Thomson catches Henderson coming with a knee, turns the corner and takes his back, then trips Henderson to the ground. Henderson jumps right back up and trips Thomson down, moving straight to side control with 25 seconds remaining. Thomson breaks free and gets up to finish the round on his feet.SHERDOG SCORES

Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Henderson
    TJ De Santis scores the round 10-9 Henderson
    Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Henderson

ROUND 4

Thomson catches a body kick and tries to sweep the leg, but Henderson keeps his balance and follows up with another. After taking a hard leg kick, Thomson whips Henderson to the mat and comes down in half-guard. Henderson puts him back in full guard, then traps Thomson’s left arm in rubber guard to deliver a couple short elbows. Henderson switches to short right hands, then more elbows as he creeps his other leg up. Thomson breaks the posture and stands, then comes back down to put a pair of punches in Henderson’s face. Henderson drives forward, gets cradled and put back on the ground. Henderson scrambles up again, and this time Thomson tries to jump on his back. Thomson can’t make it, and Henderson turns around to score a takedown of his own. Thomson stands with Henderson holding him in a rear waistlock, kneeing and kicking at Thomson’s legs. They separate with 80 seconds left in the round; 30 seconds later, Thomson drags Henderson to the ground and takes back mount with a body triangle once again. Thomson tries to get the crowd going, waving for noise before pulling Henderson to the mat to finish the frame.SHERDOG SCORES

ROUND 5

Henderson drills Thomson with a hard knee to the body, backs out and throws a leg kick which is checked. Thomson answers with a single outside leg kick as he continues to move around the outside, with Henderson taking center cage. Thomson ducks a punch from Henderson and comes back to zap the former champ with a straight right. Thomson follows a quick punching combo with a leg kick that momentarily knocks Henderson to the canvas. Henderson has a pair of high kicks deflected, then lands a hard one low. Henderson dips in with an uppercut to the body and Thomson retaliates with a few snappy punches. Thomson grabs a leg and shoves it toward Henderson’s face, throwing him to the mat on the other side of the cage. As Henderson stands, Thomson grabs hold of his back and works hard to pull him back down. Henderson stifles the takedown attempt and turns around, and the lightweights jockey for position on the cage. Both men drive knees up the center, and Henderson lands an elbow over the top as they split. Henderson steps in with another body shot, and that’s the last offense of the fight.SHERDOG SCORES

Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Thomson (49-46 Thomson)
    TJ De Santis scores the round 10-9 Thomson (49-46 Thomson)
    Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Thomson (49-46 Thomson)THE OFFICIAL RESULT

Benson Henderson def. Josh Thomson via Split Decision (49-46, 48-47, 47-48) R5 5:00

shabang
    shabang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

I agree thompson got the takedowns and rode his back for a while but did nothing and bendo got out of it every single time. Bendo out matched him on his feet IMO (obviously due to broken hand or finger of thompson) but if thompson didn't break his shit he would've been more aggressive and probably would've swayed the judges. I think that was the deciding factor in this fight. He started fighting different after break and I thought it showed.
    Last edited by shabang; 01-25-14 at 09:47 PM.

MD

In my opinion, Josh -clearly- won R4, -clearly- won R1, -clearly- won R2. I thought R5 was close and could have gone either way. R3 was Bendo easily.

Beelzebubzy

In my opinion, Josh -clearly- won R4, -clearly- won R1, -clearly- won R2. I thought R5 was close and could have gone either way. R3 was Bendo easily.
    I had it 49-46 Punk

jacktheknife

And now they're interviewing "retired MMA legend, Stephen Bonnar." So like was A-Rod busy doing nothing or what is that?

marzwoody

You were betting Hendo at -1000 or whatever that shit was? Were you listening to the commentary but not watching the fight?

Rogan was talking about it like it was a done deal too. Guess I need to rewatch.
    I don't even understand what you just wrote. try and make sense in the future.

marzwoody

You guys are crazy bendo clearly won.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

I lost as well but it wasn't worst dec I've seen. Pretty baked right now but the ortiz fight and machida Davis was real bad. Rnds 2 4 5 were close

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

re-watched rd 2 which i assume will be the round of contention, jotted down what i saw. after watching it again i can understand why henderson may have gotten that round

-benson decent knee to stomache
    -benson with cage control, lands a few heel kicks to thomsons legs
    -thomson with some decent knees to stomache
    -thomson switches position, goes for a knee up high, dont think it connected
    -big john separates them
    -benson head kick is blocked
    -benson front kick to stomache, follows it up with uppercut to chest
    -josh gets a takedown, takes bensons back,holds position for about 30 seconds before benson stands up and escapes
    -benson lands straight jab to body x2
    -benson lands a nice stepping in punch to the body
    -benson leg kick
    -thomson leg kick
    -henderson step in flurry, thomson comes right back with his own flurry, neither fighter lands much
    -benson stepping in punch to the body, follows it with kick to body that thomson catches, benson keeps balance and pushes thomson to cage, few more leg kicks landed by both parties, round ends with benson controling thomson against cage

Beelzebubzy

MMAjunkie scores the fifth for Henderson, 10-9, and sees the fight for him 49-46.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Can we start an I Hate Bendo club?

The guy has murdered me in splits versus Frankie, Gil and now Josh. I've lost $10K thanks to BS judging.

First ... 12131415161718 ... Last