gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

The Brandao +3.5 play was never locked in. I tweeted it while watching the weigh ins, then Brandao got on the scale, then I tweeted warning my followers NOT to make that bet. Luckily, I myself had not either, since I was busy watching the weigh-ins. The tweets were within minutes of each other, so I was certain no one had tailed it. But just in case anyone had, I offered to pay them their losses (if the play lost) as long as they had a screencap of the wager to prove it. I was right, and no one had even seen that tweet yet. (I shouldn't have had to do that, since all the plays I give out are free, but my followers appreciated that I did.) If more time had passed or the bet was actually locked in, what I would have done is recommend a bigger parlay on Poirier straight and Rousey ITD.

I was confident in Payan, and believed he should have been the favorite. The fight proved he was the right side at +160, as he won the first two rounds. That third round was just bad luck, for him and those who backed him with their wallets.

Truly an awful night for me, and a terrible month in general, but it's definitely been a profitable year. Look forward to get back to crushing it in 2014, best of luck to all of you in the new year.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

I will never understand why there were people that didn't bet Rousey via Submission @ -285. It was the most obvious play on the card & @ -285 it was easy money.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    I will never understand why there were people that didn't bet Rousey via Submission @ -285. It was the most obvious play on the card & @ -285 it was easy money.
    I personally liked the value in Rousey by KO +1400 that went down to +800 by fight time. She came close to stopping her with strikes a few times, and certainly could have if she really went for it. +1400 was crazy value, I thought the line should have been +350.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Jus took rousey sotn at +110 instead

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    sotn should have gone to my boy jim miller! dana thinking with his cack again.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    Indeed. Submitting an experienced blackbelt like camoes was much more deserving. I still thought Rousey sotn had a good chance due to Dana's boner for her, but then after the fight happened and was clearly gonna be FOTN (unless Silva fight was a war) I thought no way he's gonna give two bonuses! Not like she needs to money or anything!! Perhaps it was an incentive to make her take the Mcmann fight with quick turnaround!

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    The Brandao +3.5 play was never locked in. I tweeted it while watching the weigh ins, then Brandao got on the scale, then I tweeted warning my followers NOT to make that bet. Luckily, I myself had not either, since I was busy watching the weigh-ins. The tweets were within minutes of each other, so I was certain no one had tailed it. But just in case anyone had, I offered to pay them their losses (if the play lost) as long as they had a screencap of the wager to prove it. I was right, and no one had even seen that tweet yet. (I shouldn't have had to do that, since all the plays I give out are free, but my followers appreciated that I did.) If more time had passed or the bet was actually locked in, what I would have done is recommend a bigger parlay on Poirier straight and Rousey ITD.

I was confident in Payan, and believed he should have been the favorite. The fight proved he was the right side at +160, as he won the first two rounds. That third round was just bad luck, for him and those who backed him with their wallets.

Truly an awful night for me, and a terrible month in general, but it's definitely been a profitable year. Look forward to get back to crushing it in 2014, best of luck to all of you in the new year.
    Did you do a recap article? If not, why not? You always do them when you win.

How many units did you lose?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I thought he'd stopped doing the recap after the last time we'd discovered that he'd skipped certain plays/flierz!

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

He didn't lose them he knows where they went

kalikas 401k

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Ding!

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah it would have been nice for Dana to spread out the bonuses by giving Jim Miller the SOTN especially since Ronda & Miesha won the FOTN.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Did you do a recap article? If not, why not? You always do them when you win.

How many units did you lose?
    I've done recap articles of losing nights. In fact, my very first recap article was for a losing night. I stopped doing recaps weeks ago, because I can't trust myself not to make small errors with the tally. Every time I made a mistake, you would get excited like it was your birthday. It would be easy to do if I only made a few bets, but I tend to make a ton of plays on every card, so it isn't the easiest thing to tally up.

ibetkellybro
    gabe criterion
    ibetkellybro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 167

If I remember gabe's recaps didnt come out till wednesday. Funny MD and Sac lap the asshole of luca fury but go after gabe. Fury has no redeemable human qualities. Gabe is a good person with a gambling problem. He shouldnt be hounded since he is not charging for picks anyway. I guess it says more about MD and Sac then it does Fury that they generally love to smell his farts yet like to clown gabe every chance they get.

Beelzebubzy

Do you want a spreadsheet?

Beelzebubzy

Filkins
    Last edited by Beelzebubzy; 12-30-13 at 05:04 PM.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Last edited by PunisherIND; 12-30-13 at 06:44 PM.

Beelzebubzy

Jeezus calm down lawyer

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Last edited by PunisherIND; 12-30-13 at 06:45 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I've done recap articles of losing nights. In fact, my very first recap article was for a losing night. I stopped doing recaps weeks ago, because I can't trust myself not to make small errors with the tally. Every time I made a mistake, you would get excited like it was your birthday. It would be easy to do if I only made a few bets, but I tend to make a ton of plays on every card, so it isn't the easiest thing to tally up.
    killin me Gaberz!

yeah brah, no way I could possibly take 5 minutes to put my plays in a basic excel spreadsheet so that I actually know what Im betting on. Foolz

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

Quote Originally Posted by ibetkellybro View Post
    If I remember gabe's recaps didnt come out till wednesday. Funny MD and Sac lap the asshole of luca fury but go after gabe. Fury has no redeemable human qualities. Gabe is a good person with a gambling problem. He shouldnt be hounded since he is not charging for picks anyway. I guess it says more about MD and Sac then it does Fury that they generally love to smell his farts yet like to clown gabe every chance they get.
    oh boy 2nd post coming out hot! what was your previous handle?

MD

If you stopped doing recaps before this card (IE: you didn't do a recap on the last card, I honestly don't know if you did or not), then I apologize. For the record, I don't check your results. I occasionally read your pick articles if I check MMAOB and see them on the main page or something, but I honestly don't keep track of your results. I felt awful for you when you did so badly on the last card and I sincerely hope you turn it around. I don't think you're a bad guy.

Also, edit your post Pun.
    Points Awarded:

Tommy Blingshyne gave MD 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Quote Originally Posted by ibetkellybro View Post
    Oh snap! Finally Siderz back. This place was boring as penetrate ... We're badly in need of some flame war lulz

So is McMann gonna shut Housey down in Feb, Schaub-style?

Brian Hemminger
    Brian Hemminger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

If you stopped doing recaps before this card (IE: you didn't do a recap on the last card, I honestly don't know if you did or not), then I apologize. For the record, I don't check your results. I occasionally read your pick articles if I check MMAOB and see them on the main page or something, but I honestly don't keep track of your results. I felt awful for you when you did so badly on the last card and I sincerely hope you turn it around. I don't think you're a bad guy.
    He stopped doing them three events ago at my suggestion. I don't think he ever made a mistake with the totals on purpose, was just getting careless with math. I was going to post a recap instead, but got lazy and haven't been doing it because I get too focused on my Sunday night podcast.

I'll start doing the betting recaps for Gabe with the next event (and will have a brief update on the totals from the three I missed). Just gotta push past the mental block.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

lol shits about to pop off

Gabriel Killian@GabeKillianMMA4h
    Lol just noticed someone I blocked talking trash about me and spreading lies. Some people just have no life whatsoever. Funny and sad.
    1:38 PM - 4 Jan 14 · Details
    Luca Fury@FurysFightPicks1m
    @GabeKillianMMA So you're saying you did NOT go 6-34 the last 2 events? Should I post the proof? It'll be another lie you're caught in
    5:52 PM - 4 Jan 14 · Details

Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 09-08-14 at 12:32 PM.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

luca is claiming gabe went 4-14, losing nearly -20u, on this morning's card.

ouch. what is that, nearly -70u combined for the last 2 events?

Ron_Paul_2012

If what you're saying is true then someone should take suicide watch over poor Gabe. -70 units? I have a hard time believing it. I felt bad after only winning 2.5 units on this morning's card. If I don't win at least 10 units on a card I feel as though I failed in some way.

Ron_Paul_2012

This song is dedicated to Gabe.

MD

Gabe posts a lot of plays, but I'm not sure that he actually plays all of them. He seems like the kind of guy to throw out plays on a whim while he's writing his articles, not to meticulously detail all of his wagers with exact unit sizes. Could be wrong, though.

What was your biggest recent downswing, Pun? I lost around 30% BR in around 2.5 months towards the end of the year, but recooped a lot of it toward the end. Seems everyone's been swingy recently.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

-5.5u in articles, including longshot underdog props including 3 FOTN bets...

-1.85u in twitter bets...

total: -7.35u

I don't know where he pulled -20u from lol

Keeps spreading lies just because I didn't side with him after witnessing him stab co-workers in the back. Saying I had a bad night and went into hiding, when I fell asleep during round 2 of the main event... because I don't tweet every second like him means I'm hiding from my losses... Guy is out of his mind. He charges for his plays and had like four weeks of losers. My plays are all FREE. He has no room to talk, yet he does.

Anyway- Holloway/Chope over 1.5 busting parlays ruined my night. Biggest plays (Doane and Taisumov/Kang parlay) cashed, but I ended up making too many dumb parlays after hitting Doane and Doane ITD, and it ended up costing me. Would have had a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge night if Chope had lasted three more seconds before completely quitting.
    Last edited by gabe; 01-04-14 at 09:53 PM.

Ron_Paul_2012

Gabe posts a lot of plays, but I'm not sure that he actually plays all of them. He seems like the kind of guy to throw out plays on a whim while he's writing his articles, not to meticulously detail all of his wagers with exact unit sizes. Could be wrong, though.

What was your biggest recent downswing, Pun? I lost around 30% BR in around 2.5 months towards the end of the year, but recooped a lot of it toward the end. Seems everyone's been swingy recently.

Yeah? Me too. That's kind of strange. When the weather started getting shitty my mood changed & my gambling was not as sharp. Chandler losing to Alvarez really f*cked me up! After a bad beat or a bad card I just play this song and then like magic all of my woe's disappear.

Last edited by Ron_Paul_2012; 01-04-14 at 09:59 PM.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I personally like to wager on a number of props I see value in, often at big dog odds... I would have a much better record, as far as numbers are concerned, if I stopped recommending props. Most of them don't hit, but enough do that it's more than profitable in the long run.
    Last edited by gabe; 01-04-14 at 10:01 PM.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

recent downswing, a little over 12% in a 3 week span end of sept-early oct. i dont think there were any ufc events that played a part in it though -- pretty much all nfl. recouped it pretty fast, as the cain event was soon after and i killed that. and went on a little hot streak in nfl too. aside from that i had a solid year. not many downswings, thankfully. i don't think i'm as aggressive as many of you guys though. i try not to bet the house on anything unless its literally free money.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

recent downswing, a little over 12% in a 3 week span end of sept-early oct. i dont think there were any ufc events that played a part in it though -- pretty much all nfl. recouped it pretty fast, as the cain event was soon after and i killed that. and went on a little hot streak in nfl too. aside from that i had a solid year. not many downswings, thankfully. i don't think i'm as aggressive as many of you guys though. i try not to bet the house on anything unless its literally free money.
    Lol. The 6 figure lawyer is throwing around quarters like they're manhole covers while all these welfare queens are pushing in their stack on every play. I like it!

The good thing about having your hand in a lot of cookie jars is the swings tend to swing back faster. It's rare to have every sport kicking my ass at the same time (although last week they did just that!)

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Probably not smart of him to call out people's records when his turd could use some shining.

Or maybe he's feeling big in his britches from winning 3 figures at KM.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Nunso, when are you Vegas bound?

First ... 567891011 ... Last