PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Bellator 102

ArchieUD
    ArchieUD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Favorites are getting hammered. Damnit, did someone drop the win ratio for last event or what?

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Managed to get -270 on Parlo, he was up as high as -500 at some places this morning, craziness.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Lavar/Queerfolks u1.5 -120. My only good grab.

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

anyone find value in Godbeer? Anyone who can throw a punch stands a chance to upset/defeat Kongo.

MMAJOE
    MMAJOE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhissatva View Post
    anyone find value in Godbeer? Anyone who can throw a punch stands a chance to upset/defeat Kongo.
    Yeah besides having a cool name Godbeer.There is some value in him .Kongo has not shown a chin lately and he is older now . Godbeerhas 6 tko/ko on his 8-1 record but i really doubt he has the Roy Nelson,Mark Hunt,Pat barry Power that dropped Kongo.I see Kongo scoring the Tko/Ko ground or standing and if he gets in trouble he will try to use his wrestling like the Travis Brown fight. a small play would not be bad on him or a hedge parlay with him in it.I would actually liked to see Lavar Johnson vs Kongo and that will probably happen soon if they both win
    Points Awarded:

Dwil125 gave MMAJOE 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

OracleAdam
    OracleAdam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I was on the fence with both of these bets, but in the end decided they were worth it.

1. Mikkel Parlo (-300) over Jason Butcher. Risking 4.5 units to win 1.5.

Parlo looked good and tough in his last fight against Rogers, and should be able to beat Butcher. He's a young guy, only 23, and with these young guys they improve substantially every fight. It's also actually good he's had a loss to learn from. Especially young fighters need a loss to help them reflect on their weaknesses and come back stronger.

Butcher is 7-0 in his pro career, but he has only fought cans for the most part. His last fight was against an old ju-jitsu legend who retired after that fight. His only decent win was submitting Jared Combs who was subsequently KOed by Parlo.

2. Parlo/Butcher o1.5 (+105). Risking 2.25 units to win 2.25.

At first I wasn't sure about this bet, but then I figure the line is too good to pass up. I think both fighters usually engage in a feeling out process in the beginning. Parlo doesn't have much one punch knockout power that I've seen. Even if he rocks Butcher in the first round, he can recover in between rounds.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by OracleAdam View Post

Parlo/Butcher o1.5 (+105).

At first I wasn't sure about this bet, but then I figure the line is too good to pass up. I think both fighters usually engage in a feeling out process in the beginning. Parlo doesn't have much one punch knockout power that I've seen. Even if he rocks Butcher in the first round, he can recover in between rounds.
    just bought into this at +115 at Pinny...God Bless Non-American Residence!
    Other books good-to-have for occasionally-outstanding MMA-line-shopping (available to those not stuck in the land of the free) are: matchbook (low cuz a bettor-to-bettor exchange with MUCH lower commissions than apply to most at BetFair) , william-hill (with at least one sore-thumb "stale price" bargain on each card)...5d/pinny are definitely your main books for MMA but having a growing stable of secondary books helps the ka-ching-building effort along.
    Last edited by fitguy67; 10-03-13 at 08:50 PM.

ArchieUD
    ArchieUD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

I'm making a play on Anthony Leone. I'd say his sub.defense will be enough more times than current odds implies, and think he has a more than decent chance to capture the decision victory here.
    Also, in the minor leagues I'm liking Ivan Buchinger and Leeroy Barnes, esp. at current padddy odds.
    Good luck everyone this weekend

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Lavar -200 all day

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by MMAJOE View Post
    Yeah besides having a cool name Godbeer.There is some value in him .Kongo has not shown a chin lately and he is older now . Godbeerhas 6 tko/ko on his 8-1 record but i really doubt he has the Roy Nelson,Mark Hunt,Pat barry Power that dropped Kongo.I see Kongo scoring the Tko/Ko ground or standing and if he gets in trouble he will try to use his wrestling like the Travis Brown fight. a small play would not be bad on him or a hedge parlay with him in it.I would actually liked to see Lavar Johnson vs Kongo and that will probably happen soon if they both win
    Are you playing the u1.5?

21jumpstreet
    21jumpstreet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Lavar Johnson got knocked the F out!

Ben Fowlkes
    Ben Fowlkes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Lavar -200 all day
    Nice call, bro.

OracleAdam

Parlo for the decision!

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    just bought into this at +115 at Pinny...God Bless Non-American Residence!
    Other books good-to-have for occasionally-outstanding MMA-line-shopping (available to those not stuck in the land of the free) are: matchbook (low cuz a bettor-to-bettor exchange with MUCH lower commissions than apply to most at BetFair) , william-hill (with at least one sore-thumb "stale price" bargain on each card)...5d/pinny are definitely your main books for MMA but having a growing stable of secondary books helps the ka-ching-building effort along.
    Hey, nice win! I plan to spread out into other books once my bankroll improves and i can withdraw on one site to deposit on another. In the long run it will definitely be worth it to go line-shopping.

OracleAdam

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Lavar -200 all day
    Did you do your due diligence on the other guy or are you just a Big Johnson fan?

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Did you do your due diligence on the other guy or are you just a Big Johnson fan?
    Spartan got dropped hard by Holota and destroyed by Volkov, it's not the craziest thought that a guy like Lavar would tap that chin.

OracleAdam

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Spartan got dropped hard by Holota and destroyed by Volkov, it's not the craziest thought that a guy like Lavar would tap that chin.
    Spartan is a great athlete and moves quick for a guy his size. He took Volkov down twice in the first round and once in the 2nd. I was just wondering why bet on Lavar at -200. I didn't bet either way.

You also have to take into account the ability of fighters to improve. At Lavar's age, he is on his way down from here. Whereas at 30, Spartan is young enough to improve from fight to fight.

apeterlives
    apeterlives's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Hindsight is 20/20, but that's been a theme in these recent Bellators for sure with the aging slightly overvalued vet. Tough stretch for Lavar though after losing twice, steroid trouble, getting booted from UFC, and now .

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Spartan is a great athlete and moves quick for a guy his size. He took Volkov down twice in the first round and once in the 2nd. I was just wondering why bet on Lavar at -200. I didn't bet either way.

You also have to take into account the ability of fighters to improve. At Lavar's age, he is on his way down from here. Whereas at 30, Spartan is young enough to improve from fight to fight.
    My god, stop. Don't recall you stating any of this before the fight.

Every post you make is about young fighters improving, we get it. Change your avatar to this please:

OracleAdam

[QUOTE=NunyaBidness;19818688]My god, stop. Don't recall you stating any of this before the fight.

It's important to discuss fights before and after they happen. I take this seriously. If there's something that I said before, that applies to this particular fight, then it's worth repeating in regards to this fight.

rosietop
    rosietop's Avatar Become A Pro!

This OracleIdontgiveaDam Dude is really starting to get on my nerves.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

It's important to discuss fights before and after they happen. I take this seriously. If there's something that I said before, that applies to this particular fight, then it's worth repeating in regards to this fight.
    What did you say about this particular fight before this particular fight happened?

OracleAdam

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    What did you say about this particular fight before this particular fight happened?
    I didn't say anything about this fight before it happened. But I wish I had researched it more. I was discussing it now but I think I've said enough, I don't want to ruffle people's feathers since I"m new to this forum.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I didn't say anything about this fight before it happened. But I wish I had researched it more. I was discussing it now but I think I've said enough, I don't want to ruffle people's feathers since I"m new to this forum.
    A friendly suggestion: offering hindsight wisdom to someone who posted a losing bet isn't probably the best way to go if you do not wish to ruffle people's feathers.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

I always though an "Oracle" was all about predicting the future? Or are you putting a ironic swing on things and predicting the past?!

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    My god, stop. Don't recall you stating any of this before the fight.

Every post you make is about young fighters improving, we get it. Change your avatar to this please:

Well i guess i shouldn't post this but fuk it. I was dying to load up on Lavars opponent but kept to my rule of not betting guys blindly since i never heard of the guy. I did check his record and only saw one sub cause i know Lavar is the quickest tapper in MMA history. Lavar is noting but another big puncher of a can who wins one once in awhile and i guess against guys his own size he never wins. I wish i saw his opponent had a few subs and i would have broken one of my rules just like that record.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by apeterlives View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20, but that's been a theme in these recent Bellators for sure with the aging slightly overvalued vet. Tough stretch for Lavar though after losing twice, steroid trouble, getting booted from UFC, and now .
    nice straight right. Looks like the guy has Weidmans mannerisms

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Well i guess i shouldn't post this but fuk it. I was dying to load up on Lavars opponent but kept to my rule of not betting guys blindly since i never heard of the guy. I did check his record and only saw one sub cause i know Lavar is the quickest tapper in MMA history. Lavar is noting but another big puncher of a can who wins one once in awhile and i guess against guys his own size he never wins. I wish i saw his opponent had a few subs and i would have broken one of my rules just like that record.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with past-posting your thoughts on a fight, it's these 'told you so' style posts from guys who didn't tell you so.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    I always though an "Oracle" was all about predicting the future? Or are you putting a ironic swing on things and predicting the past?!

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Speaking of hindsight posts... I hope some of you sharpies grabbed Anthony Hamilton yesterday against Smealinho... I had the bet screen up on dimes, went to take a sh*t, grabbed a beer... came back and my bet got rejected 'cos the fight had already started. Poor time management, aw well... was only gonna throw a Filkins on it anyway.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Always knew he'd make a decent MMA fighter

OracleAdam

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    I'm called the "Oracle" for a reason. Just keep watching my predictions and you'll see why.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I'm called the "Oracle" for a reason. Just keep watching my predictions and you'll see why.
    I like your confidence kid. You remind me of a young Chandler Blades

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

I think he has "oracle" confused with "orifice".
    Points Awarded:

hobbesITD gave Educ8d Degener8 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I'm called the "Oracle" for a reason.
    Because you typed "Oracle" in the registration box. But hey, if that's how it works, then I'm taking over Wannabet's post as SBR's resident doctor.

Just keep watching my predictions and you'll see why.
    Indeed. It's almost uncanny how you can predict things that have already happened.

12 Last