Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Played Hunt/Werdum o1.5 -115. 3u.
    -110?

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    -110?
    All lines I give out as plays are the current 5Dimes or Pinnacle line. It's about as arbitrary as my betsizing.

MD

Hey Snicklefritz, I can't reply to your PM.

"Snicklefritz has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

MD

If you've ever wondered what it looks like when a guy is gradually dying in a kickboxing match, here you go.

Honestly pretty scary.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Beyond disturbing. Have roufus sport not been held accountable for this? The ref and ringside doctor should be prosecuted for this...the level of negligence and sheer incompetency is beyond comprehension. Almost feels like a made up video as an exaggerated guide to how not to be a terrible ref/doctor/promotion
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MD, and marzwoody

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Beyond disturbing. Have roufus sport not been held accountable for this? The ref and ringside doctor should be prosecuted for this...the level of negligence and sheer incompetency is beyond comprehension. Almost feels like a made up video as an exaggerated guide to how not to be a terrible ref/doctor/promotion
    Even worse was the lack of regard from the corner for their own fighter's safety.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Even worse was the lack of regard from the corner for their own fighter's safety.
    Not just a lack of regard, the guy was holding his fighter in place in the corner so that he wouldn't slump over. That's a pretty disconcerting thought.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Well yes, thts Cushman who is part of duke roufus' coaching team...its shameful

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Not just a lack of regard, the guy was holding his fighter in place in the corner so that he wouldn't slump over. That's a pretty disconcerting thought.
    Yee and the 30 seconds or whatever of footage tht was cut out conviently skipping the part were Cushman was slapping Munson and trying to get him going so pretty much making him continue to fight....disconcerting to say the least

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

That is discraceful that nobody did there jobs and helped. it also seemed heartless that the opponent seemed to not care at all about about his opponent.

Also it turns out he had a medical condition.
    http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/wat...282478771.html
    Last edited by marzwoody; 11-16-14 at 05:15 PM.

MD

Yee and the 30 seconds or whatever of footage tht was cut out conviently skipping the part were Cushman was slapping Munson and trying to get him going so pretty much making him continue to fight....disconcerting to say the least
    I tweeted at both Duke Roufus and Cushman about it. Cushman should never be allowed to coach again.

Cushman's twitter is @coachcush.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    That is discraceful that nobody did there jobs and helped. it also seemed heartless that the opponent seemed to not care at all about about his opponent.

Also it turns out he had a medical condition.
    http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/wat...282478771.html
    No doubt Roufus/Cushman's responses will be along the lines of... "He knew what he was getting in to...this is the fight business...this is what we sign up for"..and will probably use the medical condition as a reason as well and say they werent informed of this or something. The fact this happened a while ago and roufus sport have just been going along as normal with Cushman still a coach suggests tht they dont feel they are responsible and have just "chalked it off" as just being "one of those things tht unfortunately happens" once in a blue moon in the fight industry

marzwoody

In depth article of what happened.
    http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/wat...280084622.html

MD

^ 'Cushman's body language indicated he was unhappy, "almost disgusted," said referee John McCarthy of Los Angeles."He's not understanding what is going on with his fighter," McCarthy said. "He is just disappointed in his performance."'

Jesus.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

^ 'Cushman's body language indicated he was unhappy, "almost disgusted," said referee John McCarthy of Los Angeles."He's not understanding what is going on with his fighter," McCarthy said. "He is just disappointed in his performance."'

Jesus.
    Yes tht was quite obvious. He clearly couldnt give two shits about condition of his fighter, was more worried about looking like a chump

marzwoody

No doubt Roufus/Cushman's responses will be along the lines of... "He knew what he was getting in to...this is the fight business...this is what we sign up for"..and will probably use the medical condition as a reason as well and say they werent informed of this or something. The fact this happened a while ago and roufus sport have just been going along as normal with Cushman still a coach suggests tht they dont feel they are responsible and have just "chalked it off" as just being "one of those things tht unfortunately happens" once in a blue moon in the fight industry
    Yeah that article i posted said they have disbanned there kickboxing team since then but it was because MMA makes more money rather then what happened. also greater emphasis on safety while cutting weight, and nutritionist for amateurs.

Strange how they change things but deny any responsibility.

MD

Yeah that article i posted said they have disbanned there kickboxing team since then but it was because MMA makes more money rather then what happened. also greater emphasis on safety while cutting weight, and nutritionist for amateurs.

Strange how they change things but deny any responsibility.
    Cushman still works for Roufusport as a striking coach, that tells you all you need to know.

MD

http://instagram.com/p/veokmmG5XZ/

Rose Namajunas (who has trained at Roufusport) also blames Cushman.

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

via Adam Martin:

http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/11/...a-fight-camps/
    Team Roufusport took home the prize of the most injury prone team, with fighters withdrawing due to injury in 16.6% of their scheduled fights.
    Small sample size so not the most meaningful stat but still reflective of the conditions Rose describes.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

http://instagram.com/p/veokmmG5XZ/

Rose Namajunas (who has trained at Roufusport) also blames Cushman.
    yeah, it seemed there was some animosity from her and Pat Barry towards Roufus Sport when they were interviewed on that Fox show or whatever it was recently. When the host asked her if she was annoyed about Pettis not picking her in TUF considering they used to train together she sort of just brushed it off but from Barry's face it seemed that there might be something more to it

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Cushman still works for Roufusport as a striking coach, that tells you all you need to know.
    yes, this is the key point here

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-20-16 at 02:39 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Eric Schafer

Duke Roufus is a bully, a liar, and one of the worst people I have ever met. I have never been in a more toxic environment than when I was the head grappling coach and fighter at the gym. I saw teammate after teammate getting treated like shit. Guys being told to beat up lower level guys that were just trying to help out, UFC fighters being told to beat up other UFC level fighters so they would not come back, verbal abuse, violence, guys getting lied to about fights, etc. I have messages and conversations with almost everyone of his fighters from my days there; from his UFC stars to his coaching staff about how much they were mistreated. I will not out them, but they know the truth. They can tell their tales if they want.

When I started there I was new to the UFC, and it was purely a kickboxing gym. I was looking to round out my game. I soon joined as the head grappling coach and we started the MMA team. You could say that I was 2nd in command at the time. I was there when Pettis walked in the door, and when Pat Barry moved to Milwaukee to switch to MMA. I have met some of my best friends there and the family was very strong, despite the captain of the ship being horrible. After seeing countless members of my "family" get screwed over, I finally called it quits after he finally betrayed me directly after being there for over 3 years. Sometimes I wish I had the strength to stand up to him at the time, but it almost feels like I was one of the kids in a family of abuse. I would rather run away than stand up to my violent dad.

I left without telling anyone my plans, but I started my own gym a few months later. I never recruited anyone to follow me, but I just wanted out of the negativity. Many of the guys followed me when they found out or left eventually to other places after they got screwed. I don't claim to be a great fighter or anything, and don't care if I ever am as famous as him or his guys... but I am much more happy. Maybe I am just a pussy or something, like I am sure he will claim anyone who says anything about him, but I could care less. I was never a world champion and had my weaknesses in the cage, but I dare you to ever say I quit in the gym no matter who I was sparring. It was not the "hard" training that was bad, it was something much worse. Not every fighter was treated horribly, but I am sure that every fighter and coach from 2007 to 2010 has been screwed over at least once, whether they will admit it or not.

I am happy with my young and happy gym. I have blocked him from my life. I was offered a fight on his card and told my manager that "I personally would not ever fight for him", so a when a few of my young fighters were scheduled to fight on his show (which I did not like, but he is the big local promoter), he decided to cancel their fights 2 weeks before the event. He wrote me a letter (which I kept) saying they were not welcome, because I did not respect him. I said that I actually understand that, but I wish he wouldn't have scheduled them in the first place and screwed them over. A year later the matchmaker came out and asked for forgiveness and said that we can at least have a business relationship. I said I didn't trust Duke, but the other coaches wanted our guys on the card, I reluctantly agreed. Once again, he cancelled our fights a few weeks before to spite me. Oh well...

The sad thing is that this poor kid had to die before we started hearing any of these stories. What happened to this poor kid is a separate issue in my opinion...

ThugRose
    Thanks for speaking up red appreciate it hopefully things can change and it will save people's lives. It doesn't matter what backlash may come because it's what's right.

Eric Schafer

I have been getting messages all day... Like people can finally tell their tale. I'm sure you'll hear more.

The truth is that the gym is full of killers, and it was a great team and still is despite it being a new generation that I don't know as well. Duke IS a great coach from a technical point of view. He is also a great salesman/talker. I have no ill will toward anyone else there, and I still have a bunch of friends there. I am sure I will be threatened somehow and called a rat, but oh well...

Ryan Williams

I was there with Red and Rose. Coached BJJ for the place. I agree with and witnessed everything they said.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-20-16 at 02:39 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

MD

V, I had a word with Munson's sister, and she asked me to refer her to a reporter. I got her in contact with Jeremy Botter, so hopefully we'll get to read her story in the next few days.

marzwoody

Duke seems like a piece of shit. he tricked me on Rogan's podcast.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

V, I had a word with Munson's sister, and she asked me to refer her to a reporter. I got her in contact with Jeremy Botter, so hopefully we'll get to read her story in the next few days.
    nice.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

@rosenamajunas @KarynBryant @HypeOrDie @MMAHEAT you were kicked out after punching a teammate with your bare hands after taken gloves off

• RETWEETS3
    • FAVORITES3

8:15 AM - 17 Nov 2014

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-20-16 at 02:40 PM. Reason: image does not exist

MD

Duke seems like a piece of shit. he tricked me on Rogan's podcast.
    Earlier, I wondered to myself if Koch's chin deteriorating so rapidly was a result of harsh sparring; I just saw this:

https://twitter.com/jim_genia/status/534371591543865344

"As per @KerryHowley's book "Thrown", Duke Roufus gave Erik Koch a pretty damaging concussion in training."

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

yee interesting.

Koch is firmly behind Rufus though...

Erik Jon Koch retweeted
    Michael @TeamRocBiggie · 25m25 minutes ago

@rosenamajunas @KarynBryant @HypeOrDie @MMAHEAT at the end of the day this lost of life is horrible you pigging backing off it is worse
    [COLOR=#0084B4 !important]View conversation
    0 replies3 retweets4 favorites

[/COLOR]
    Erik Jon Koch @NEWBREED04 · 13h13 hours ago

@maduncan4 also a lot of dirt I have heard about certain people I won't name names, but is only stuff true pieces of shit would do.
    0 replies0 retweets0 favorites

[/COLOR]

@maduncan4 lol it's exactly what it is. It wouldn't be as big as it is or as successful if people didn't like it.

[/COLOR]

@maduncan4 frustrated. We had a couple people saying she was trying to take heads off with MMA gloves.

[/COLOR]

@maduncan4 because rose was actually at our gym not to long ago and she got kicked off the mat for trying to blast people because she was

[/COLOR]

@maduncan4 I'll tell you everyone at that gym even coaches are all great people and truly love the jobs they do. It's funny this comes out

It seems a lot of these fighters aren't looking at the bigger picture though. Yeah, they've been great an all with you guys, but doesnt mean they shouldnt be held at least partly responsible for went down at that event when Munson Jr died. That's the problem with all these former Roufus Sport trainers like Barry and Rose coming out and telling stories... it becomes a personal thing and diverts from the actual original issue which was this clusterfuuck of an amateur fight
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-16-15 at 09:20 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Like clockwork...

Erik Jon Koch @NEWBREED04 · 8m8 minutes ago

@NakedGambling but it is a combat sport stuff happens on rare occasions.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-16-15 at 09:21 AM. Reason: image does not exist

MD

V and I are going full Social Justice on Roufusport. Koch doesn't seem happy about it.

Napes21
    Napes21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 992

V and I are going full Social Justice on Roufusport. Koch doesn't seem happy about it.
    Saw you got Helwani's interest. Good job sir. Video was pretty bad. I can understand everything up through the second round but no way they should have sent him back out in 3rd.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Napes21 View Post
    Saw you got Helwani's interest. Good job sir. Video was pretty bad. I can understand everything up through the second round but no way they should have sent him back out in 3rd.
    The ending was the worst part. Roufusport clearly attempted to cover up Cushman repeatedly slapping Munson in the face as the ringside physician (who trains at Roufusport!) is staring dead-eyed at his phone. I have a very difficult time believing that Roufus really doesn't know how that footage disappeared.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Napes21 View Post
    Yee goin in to third round is where shiit hits the fan. Based on Mike Rhodes' tweet to me he thinks its normal tht the Coach slaps the fighter and keeps propping him up despite clearly seeing tht the guy is literally dying on his feet

First ... 7879808182 Last