mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    The o/u being 1.5 surprised me a lot. I don't think I'll be playing Cormier in the -400 range, may wait for props.
    Lol cormier already at -475 now. I hope he doesnt turn into another -800 favorite. I am so sick of this new trend. I can remember when the lines were a little more decent on favorites. I am curious whether or not cor iee will try to take roy down or not.

mmaed

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Thiago silva wont lose in brazil
    Hopefully.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    Lol cormier already at -475 now. I hope he doesnt turn into another -800 favorite. I am so sick of this new trend. I can remember when the lines were a little more decent on favorites. I am curious whether or not cor iee will try to take roy down or not.
    If he does get to -800 thn jus parlay him with jon jones at -840 and thnur gettin him at -475 pretty much ya hear me

rosietop
    rosietop's Avatar Become A Pro!

If he does get to -800 thn jus parlay him with jon jones at -840 and thnur gettin him at -475 pretty much ya hear me

hahahah not enough chalk son! needs more chalk! how about also add gilbert melendez to "add more value" lol

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Every guy even with a little ounce of intelligences knew that line was way out of whack so a guy who just watches for fun would not have never bet JOnes at those odds. I never said the guy who gets the decision is the one getting the action i said the guy not getting the action gets the decisionin big bet fightsand if the books can't win it that way they pull a Mayweather type of deal to get it that way. Majority decision. Wasn't that cute? 8 to 1 Gus with most of the money on him is gonna win a decision LMFAO. He had no shot at that decision. He needed to knock Jones out to take it out of those corrupt fuks hands. How many times do you have to watch this type of shit go on, to reach the age of reason? I mean a two year old should be able to see this but two year olds don't have big ego's to fight with themselves.

Hilarious how there are people saying the books paid off the judges and shit so Gus would win and make the books money.

Do you idiots realize why Jones was -800? Because they were trying to keep people from betting him since he was such a likely winner on paper. Yet everyone still does and many times it's in parlays. In these spots with huge favorites the books almost always need the UNDERDOG to come through if they want to make money on the fight because the public is all over the favorite.

This was the same for Jones vs Gus. FAR more money was on Jones and the books were praying Gus got the nod. Yet trolls like Thor are trying to say the books paid the judges so the favorites wins? Which would LOSE the books money? LOL! And I'd love to hear where you heard "most of the money" was on Gus, since that is the opposite of what is true.

Not to mention, that's even more absurd considering almost every single media site scored it for Jones and all the fans polls have more people scoring the fight for him as well. Did the books pay off all the media and fans voters too? LOL, give me a break. If you're going to come up with some dumb conspiracy theory at least have it make sense.

You can try and make up whatever BS you want but the FACT remains that more money was on Gus and they needed him to win. That single handily disproves your retarded conspiracy theory.

Oh, and here's the part where you change the subject and bash me for selling picks, say I'm a tout scam, blah blah blah… instead of manning up and admitting you are completely wrong.

Luca Fury

A super close decision that had 2 clear rounds for Jones, 1 clear round for Gus, and 2 coin flip rounds was scored for Jones? ROBBERY OF THE CENTURY!!!! OBVIOUSLY THE JUDGES WERE PAID OFF!!!!

The fight came down to those 2 coin flip rounds and scoring just ONE of them for Jones is INCOMREHENDABLE!!!! I mean, it's just unbelievable that in 2 rounds that were 50/50, they scored 50% for one guy and 50% for the other. How does something that makes complete sense mathematically, as well as in theory, actually play out how you would expect it to?????

Oh, and the the vast majority of the media scored it the same way as the judges as did? They must have been paid off too!!! The books paid for all their tickets and hotel fees!!!!

What?? The majority of fans scored it the same as the judges? Wha... WTF??? The books must have given them all free roll deposits so they would vote that way!!! Or threatened to take a baseball bat to their knees!!!

Oh and far more money was on Jones, meaning they actually needed the decision to be scored against him? Well the books must have taken all the Gustafsson money and bet it on Jones themselves since they knew the judges were paid to give him the win!!!!!!

Don't you see now? The books MUST have been paid off!!! THIS IS THE ONLY LOGICAL REASON FOR JONES GETTING THE DECISION!!!!!!!!! This logic is bullletproof and is the only possible explanation!!!!

/Thor4140

Last edited by Luca Fury; 09-29-13 at 04:50 AM.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Fury View Post
    Hilarious how there are people saying the books paid off the judges and shit so Gus would win and make the books money.

Do you idiots realize why Jones was -800? Because they were trying to keep people from betting him since he was such a likely winner on paper. Yet everyone still does and many times it's in parlays. In these spots with huge favorites the books almost always need the UNDERDOG to come through if they want to make money on the fight because the public is all over the favorite.

This was the same for Jones vs Gus. FAR more money was on Jones and the books were praying Gus got the nod. Yet trolls like Thor are trying to say the books paid the judges so the favorites wins? Which would LOSE the books money? LOL! And I'd love to hear where you heard "most of the money" was on Gus, since that is the opposite of what is true.

Not to mention, that's even more absurd considering almost every single media site scored it for Jones and all the fans polls have more people scoring the fight for him as well. Did the books pay off all the media and fans voters too? LOL, give me a break. If you're going to come up with some dumb conspiracy theory at least have it make sense.

You can try and make up whatever BS you want but the FACT remains that more money was on Gus and they needed him to win. That single handily disproves your retarded conspiracy theory.

Oh, and here's the part where you change the subject and bash me for selling picks, say I'm a tout scam, blah blah blah… instead of manning up and admitting you are completely wrong.

a) Have you met Thor?

b) You're wrong on who the books needed, or Kalikas is lying. See his preview on the fight with SBR. Maybe you need to man up and admit you're wrong about this?

c) I still want a response on why saying "there's lots of favorites winning tonightz" is more interesting than saying lots of fighters are wearing pink shorts. But I guess since I don't hate on you for being a tout, I'm below your notice.

Noleafclover

BTW its incomprehensible*

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    a) Have you met Thor?

b) You're wrong on who the books needed, or Kalikas is lying. See his preview on the fight with SBR. Maybe you need to man up and admit you're wrong about this?
    You mean the SBR video where Nick says at 5:10 that the books will need JONES? Which is exactly what I said?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qb2R411ORA

c) I still want a response on why saying "there's lots of favorites winning tonightz" is more interesting than saying lots of fighters are wearing pink shorts. But I guess since I don't hate on you for being a tout, I'm below your notice.
    You're seriously still going on about me mentioning that favorites went 14-3 on the last 2 Bellator cards? God forbid I mention an interesting stat. You can say you don't care about it but you're not the only person in the world with an opinion. Most people found it interesting. In the future I'll be sure to run everything I say by you to make sure it get's your approval before I post it.

BTW its incomprehensible*
    Yes, you are right. My screw up there.

Noleafclover

You mean the SBR video where Nick says at 5:10 that the books will need JONES? Which is exactly what I said?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qb2R411ORA
    Reread your post.

You're seriously still going on about me mentioning that favorites went 14-3 on the last 2 Bellator cards? God forbid I mention an interesting stat. You can say you don't care about it but you're not the only person in the world with an opinion. Most people found it interesting. In the future I'll be sure to run everything I say by you to make sure it get's your approval before I post it.
    Kvothe is crap at interesting fact IMO.

Luca Fury

Reread your post.
    Oh, whoops. You're right. I got confused for a second, my bad. I apologize for that.

The books did end up needing Gus by the time the fight rolled around, though. Those videos are recorded very early in the week. I think that was recorded on Monday, if I recall correctly. The vast majority of the action doesn't come in until the days leading up to fight day and especially on fight day itself.

Nick told me shortly before the fight that they needed Gus and then reiterated to me after it, saying he was hoping Gus would have gotten the decision since it would have made the books a killing.

Noleafclover

Np

CHARACTER NUMBER 3 SBR

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Anybody get the over on Pierce fight at +120?
    Cant believe I missed that one

Luca Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Anybody get the over on Pierce fight at +120?
    Cant believe I missed that one
    I missed it too, that sucks. I still might bet the over 1.5 even at -170, though. Should be an easy Over if Palhares doesn't quit like he sometimes does.

Can't trust a dude who has no heart like that, and of course, he could also get a sub early (I'm playing devil's advocate)

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

To be honest, Palhares quits and Pierce hits like a truck also seems to be going more for the knockout than in the past. Even more so now that he probably doesnt wanna go to the ground with Palhares, I def. could see the knockout early.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Yeah, I thought u1.5 -160 was about right.

mmaed

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    To be honest, Palhares quits and Pierce hits like a truck also seems to be going more for the knockout than in the past. Even more so now that he probably doesnt wanna go to the ground with Palhares, I def. could see the knockout early.
    Palhares will probably gas at some point, he did at 185. I could see Pierce knocking him out in that situation. I wonder if he can make it 1.5 rounds before he tires lol. Well see if he lost some muscle mass after going off PED's.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

IIRC, Pierce had pretty decent sub recognition in the Danado fight when he took him down... so I wouldn't rule out him grinding Palhares, especially if Palhares gasses.

Though, I'd expect Pierce may plan to box Palhares up... maybe do the old, take down with 20 seconds left tactic to score points...

mmaed

I would be surprised if Pierce tried to take him down. His standup is better than Palhares and it is way to risky.

mmaed

Pierce might work him up against the cage wall though. That is more probable.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by rosietop View Post
    hahahah not enough chalk son! needs more chalk! how about also add gilbert melendez to "add more value" lol
    Tht is a good call, probably gettin hik at near to -200 thn

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Oh, whoops. You're right. I got confused for a second, my bad. I apologize for that.

The books did end up needing Gus by the time the fight rolled around, though. Those videos are recorded very early in the week. I think that was recorded on Monday, if I recall correctly. The vast majority of the action doesn't come in until the days leading up to fight day and especially on fight day itself.

Nick told me shortly before the fight that they needed Gus and then reiterated to me after it, saying he was hoping Gus would have gotten the decision since it would have made the books a killing.
    Oh my god and u believe this u babbling fool? They needed Gus to win LMFAO. I have news for ya bud. I have access to a pretty big book here on the east coast and nobody i repeat nobody was taking JOnes at those huge odds. What a fuking fool u are.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 10-04-13 at 07:14 PM.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

OMFG and 8 to 1 dog who most thought had a legit shot to win and people were pounding Jones at 9 to 1. Dude if anything learn to read a line for fuks sake.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I actually like Palhares +250 there. And I realize how solid Pierce is. But seems like the kind of guy who could get caught in a leg lock. Top heavy, not the most athletic, kind of a grinder against the cage type. And a clinch ain't good vs. a guy like Palhares. Then just throw in a possible resurrection at 170 now. And the fact it is in Brazil. I'll take the +250.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Pierce will hit him in the face and Palhares will quit, always does.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Pierce should of had the shots Koscheck and Story had plus Hendricks too. Palhares quits dont put $ on quitters.

pureprodigy
    pureprodigy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Md could you post the address to your twitter I've never really been on twitter before . Also was curious if you thought Kim had a decent shot against silva on Wednesday

MD

https://twitter.com/TheMDMMA

No. I think Silva has a lot of value. He should easily starch DHK.
    Last edited by MD; 10-07-13 at 05:41 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

probably get a warning for that. If I was still a fake mod I'd probably ban you for it. Cardinal sin posting twitter address on here, no idea why, but it's a cardinal sin nontheless!

MD

probably get a warning for that. If I was still a fake mod I'd probably ban you for it. Cardinal sin posting twitter address on here, no idea why, but it's a cardinal sin nontheless!
    Someone asked, so I figured it'd be fine. Not like I'm advertising or anything.

You would have banned me? You? It's a bad day when Vaughany would ban you for something. I thought you were cool bro, like China.

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    Pierce should of had the shots Koscheck and Story had plus Hendricks too. Palhares quits dont put $ on quitters.
    meh, won't be a big bet. Palhares is now with Team Nog (for what that is worth). Perhaps I believe too much in Brazil Black Magic. But he hasn't lost there. Me thinks the long time off and desperate move to 170 has him re-thinking his goofy antics. I like Mike Pierce, but he isn't exactly Lombard or Belcher or a roided up Marquardt.

Brazilians in Brazil are $$$. At +250 I will lay small. Pierce's game doesn't match well with Palhares. He defiantly could land a hard shot from the clinch and send Palhares falling down like a fish out of water. But other than that he will have to grind him. Palhares has lost to established black belts who could punch and kick. 185ers no less.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    meh, won't be a big bet. Palhares is now with Team Nog (for what that is worth). Perhaps I believe too much in Brazil Black Magic. But he hasn't lost there. Me thinks the long time off and desperate move to 170 has him re-thinking his goofy antics. I like Mike Pierce, but he isn't exactly Lombard or Belcher or a roided up Marquardt.

Brazilians in Brazil are $$$. At +250 I will lay small. Pierce's game doesn't match well with Palhares. He defiantly could land a hard shot from the clinch and send Palhares falling down like a fish out of water. But other than that he will have to grind him. Palhares has lost to established black belts who could punch and kick. 185ers no less.
    Pierce would wreck Lombard at 170 I think. He does almost everything better and is a similar threat to Palhares.

mmaed

For what its worth Palhares did an interview recently where he said he did a test drop to 170 pounds and fought a twenty minute fight and did very well. He's also gotten a new boxing coach and claims to have improved his striking. We'll see what happens.

OracleAdam
    OracleAdam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Pierce would wreck Lombard at 170 I think. He does almost everything better and is a similar threat to Palhares.
    I also think Pierce would beat Belcher.

Rubber Guard

I'm no Lombard fan. But he is a different fighter than Pierce. Lombard doesn't look to clinch. Lombard throws wild hard strikes and has legs like tree trunks. Pierce's game is to dirty it up and clinch and beat you up. I'm thinking he is game-planning to rather box from the outside and use clinch less in this fight,

First ... 52535455565758 ... Last