mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    I played bisling at -160
    think he could putwrestle Munoz
    I like Bisping in that fight as well. I thought he did really well against Chael Sonnen and I think Chael is a clear step above Munoz. Munoz is on a tear and all but it doesn't change the fact that he is a slow and somewhat clunky guy with mediocre striking. Bisping should be able to win this one.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    I am skeptical Shields can outpoint Maia on the feet. I mean when has Jake shields standup ever looked good? The best its ever been was in the Tyrone Woodley fight and it was after Woodley gassed. Maia at least started working on his striking after the Marquardt knock out. I think Maia wins the striking. I think Maia can probably win the wrestling too though it will be close. He took down Dong Hyun Kim, Rick Story and he Fitch'd Jon fitch. Shields cardio might be a bit better than Maia but keep in mind this fight is at 170. Shields cardio has looked like crap there before. Maia might be better than him everywhere.
    its not good, but it's effective enough (through activity - high volume) to score points

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Maia has more power standing than Jake. He rocked Munoz in their fight. The reason I think Shields might not be able to neutralize Maia is because Jon Fitch didn't even come close to doing it. I cant even remember any parts of that fight that were close. Fitch is very similar to Shields. I don't know which one of them is better but ya gotta admit its a close call. I think the best bet for shields is him be decision or with points. He probably cant knock out anyone and he isn't subbing maia.
    Fitch and Shields are only similar in the sense that they grind out decisions. Fitch really breaks people when he fights them. The reason he doesn't finish guys is because they quit and stop trying to win, and focus instead on not getting finished. He can really put a beating on people, just look at that Erick Silva fight. It should clearly have been stopped in R3. Shields, on the other hand, makes pretty much no attempts to finish.

mmaed

True but do you think its any better than Maias standup?

mmaed

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Fitch and Shields are only similar in the sense that they grind out decisions. Fitch really breaks people when he fights them. The reason he doesn't finish guys is because they quit and stop trying to win, and focus instead on not getting finished. He can really put a beating on people, just look at that Erick Silva fight. It should clearly have been stopped in R3. Shields, on the other hand, makes pretty much no attempts to finish.
    I sense your saying that Shields just attempts to control his opponents on the ground and up against the fence. I think he will have some trouble controlling maia on the ground but he might have a shot against the fence. I'm not really convinced of either though.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

True but do you think its any better than Maias standup?
    no technically speaking, but if he throws more and judges think he is landing more he will steal rounds.

mmaed

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    no technically speaking, but if he throws more and judges think he is landing more he will steal rounds.
    Yeah I get that. It will more than likely be close. I think Shields + points is probably the best way. They will probably give 5.5 or something like that. If shields can manage to win two rounds or close that will cash. I am just worried about Maia subbing him.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

No other square likes bisping but me and ed

mmaed

I wouldn't be shocked to see Munoz win I just think Bisping is the much more well rounded fighter. His takedown defense is pretty solid his striking is much more technical. He is pretty light on his feet as well. Of course Munoz did put on a good performance against Yushin Okami and he is someone with pretty good striking and takedown defense. By well I mean on the scorecards. That fight sucked.

MD

Munoz will spend the entire fight running at Bisping, swinging hooks and shooting for doubles. Difficult fight to get a read on, would rather stay away.

mmaed

Munoz will spend the entire fight running at Bisping, swinging hooks and shooting for doubles. Difficult fight to get a read on, would rather stay away.
    Yeah your right about that. Munoz could also catch him and knock him out. I don't see bisping knocking out munoz unless he can wear him down and get him in rounds four or five. Bisping should have the superior cardio.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I'l probably be on him or by decision hedged with Munoz KOTN

Beelzebubzy

I'l probably be on him or by decision hedged with Munoz KOTN
    Yeah that was my gameplan on hedgin.

Think he only wins a ko here.

MD

I think Munoz wins a decision far more often than a KO.

Beelzebubzy

To each their own.
    Don't know if a) Munoz can take bisping for 5 rounds and if b) bispings "poor chin" could survive the 5 rounds

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

yep, plus it's in Manchester

Beelzebubzy

Where the butter teef gave bisping a gift versus hamill

MD

The only English judge gave the fight to Hamill.

Beelzebubzy

The only English judge gave the fight to Hamill.
    Really? That's pretty ironic then

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

yeah one of the classic sherdog dumb arguments!

Beelzebubzy

Damn I'm not only a square but an mma tard now too.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

when I say it's in Manchester, I don't necessarily mean to suggest that is will be beneficial to Bisping because the judges will be biased (they might) but you never know with these fuucks. Hell, as judges get more and more aware of all the conspiracy talk and shiit then they might just start thinking that we best not give it to the home guy in case people like Thor on SBR think we are corrupt!! You never know! But my thinking is more that us Brits take fighting in home town very seriously much like the Brazilians do (and most guy I guess regardless of nationality!) so I expect Bisping to be at top of his game and to have an extra edge to tough it out and push through. We saw how Hardy grinded out a win in Nottingham against Sadollah, you could just tell he wasnt gonna lose that. Obviously Munoz offers a more direct threat due to his power tho.

On flipside all of what I just said could be (most likely!) a load of absolute bollox and conversely Bisping may get too amped up due to fighting in home town with all the fans behind him leading to him making errors and being too aggressive searching for the finish!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Damn I'm not only a square but an mma tard now too.
    ha welcome to the club. we are a cerebral bunch

Beelzebubzy

when I say it's in Manchester, I don't necessarily mean to suggest that is will be beneficial to Bisping because the judges will be biased (they might) but you never know with these fuucks. Hell, as judges get more and more aware of all the conspiracy talk and shiit then they might just start thinking that we best not give it to the home guy in case people like Thor on SBR think we are corrupt!! You never know! But my thinking is more that us Brits take fighting in home town very seriously much like the Brazilians do (and most guy I guess regardless of nationality!) so I expect Bisping to be at top of his game and to have an extra edge to tough it out and push through. We saw how Hardy grinded out a win in Nottingham against Sadollah, you could just tell he wasnt gonna lose that. Obviously Munoz offers a more direct threat due to his power tho.

On flipside all of what I just said could be (most likely!) a load of absolute bollox and conversely Bisping may get too amped up due to fighting in home town with all the fans behind him leading to him making errors and being too aggressive searching for the finish!
    My thinking regarding hometown advantage is a) lets say CJ Ross or Cecil Peoples is judging and its a close round and the butter tooth audience goes crazy, well Ross sniffs her vag makes sure it still smells like Sac's week old food, and scores it 10-9 for Bisping.

Also, there is the jet lag, sleep in your bed advantage as well.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Here is the problem with guys like you V. I never say anything about home town judging. What i do say is the judging is on the books side 9.5 out of 10 times. They couldn't care less where a guy is from. The one sure bet of the night last night was Gus not winning by decision. If you don't think the judges know what the books need then keep believing these are just bad judges like a simpleton. Again why do all these bad decisions always side with the books? Just looking at how the guys who had Mayweather by unanimous decision got absolutely hosed and u still think it is bad judging is priceless.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Here is the problem with guys like you V. I never say anything about home town judging. What i do say is the judging is on the books side 9.5 out of 10 times. They couldn't care less where a guy is from. The one sure bet of the night last night was Gus not winning by decision. If you don't think the judges know what the books need then keep believing these are just bad judges like a simpleton. Again why do all these bad decisions always side with the books? Just looking at how the guys who had Mayweather by unanimous decision got absolutely hosed and u still think it is bad judging is priceless.
    UFC 165's controversial decisions:

Jones vs Gustafsson: Jones opens -675, closes -840. Jury vs Ricci: Jury opens -350, closes -420. Caceres vs Delorme: Caceres opens -120, closes -140. All of those guys won. I don't think the Caceres fight could reasonably be scored for Delorme, but hey, one judge did. The only one that went the way of a guy who was bet down was Prezeres, who opened +100 and closed +105, and won a split decision in a fight that he clearly won.

Thor4140

UFC 165's controversial decisions:

Jones vs Gustafsson: Jones opens -675, closes -840. Jury vs Ricci: Jury opens -350, closes -420. Caceres vs Delorme: Caceres opens -120, closes -140. All of those guys won. I don't think the Caceres fight could reasonably be scored for Delorme, but hey, one judge did. The only one that went the way of a guy who was bet down was Prezeres, who opened +100 and closed +105, and won a split decision in a fight that he clearly won.
    im talking about big bet fights not shitty little fits nobody gives a dik about. Also if u think because the line moved up for Jones meant the money was on him god bless ya. How can anyone be this naive and call themselves a handicapper? You yourself in another post said u thought Gus was very undervalued. Do you think u are some wiz and was the only person to think this? NO knucklehead. 99 percent of the mma community thought this same thing. How about doing me a favor. Go find one guy who bet JOnes straight up. I mean u think the line moved up because of Jones money so there has to be tons. U would be lucky to find ten guys on the planet.

Thor4140

Biggest bet game of the day today was Minny Vikings over shitty Cleve. Bookmaker drop the line from 7 to 6.5 and wouldn't move it from there with no money at all on Cleveland. MD thinks they were getting heavy money on Cleveland. I know three books who were getting smashed with MInny money but MD if u think line movement tells the whole story so be it.

MD

im talking about big bet fights not shitty little fits nobody gives a dik about. Also if u think because the line moved up for Jones meant the money was on him god bless ya. How can anyone be this naive and call themselves a handicapper? You yourself in another post said u thought Gus was very undervalued. Do you think u are some wiz and was the only person to think this? NO knucklehead. 99 percent of the mma community thought this same thing. How about doing me a favor. Go find one guy who bet JOnes straight up. I mean u think the line moved up because of Jones money so there has to be tons. U would be lucky to find ten guys on the planet.
    You're a complete moron if you think that.

You're also a complete moron to say:

And then when I told you the line movement, you say "that was the books trying to get you all on Gustafsson!". In a fight that almost everyone thought would end ITD.

Why do the bad decisions always side with the books? Because you say that the guy who wins the decision is the guy who got the action, regardless of line movement.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Thor is just too sharp for you simpletons, clearly.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Biggest bet game of the day today was Minny Vikings over shitty Cleve. Bookmaker drop the line from 7 to 6.5 and wouldn't move it from there with no money at all on Cleveland. MD thinks they were getting heavy money on Cleveland. I know three books who were getting smashed with MInny money but MD if u think line movement tells the whole story so be it.
    I'd be really surprised if there weren't plenty of pros taking Cleveland +7 on the logic that Hoyer was likely an upgrade to Weedon based on his preseason performance. And they would have been right!

And what MD said: Why do the bad decisions always side with the books? Because you say that the guy who wins the decision is the guy who got the action, regardless of line movement.

You simply can't lose with your logic.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Well it seems pretty obvious to me that the "real reason" no one ever agrees with Thor is that they forgot their tin foil hat. After you get the tin foil hat. Step 1. Make sure it's on real nice and tight (in order to cut off the circulation). Step 2. Stand outside in the sun (preferably from the tallest building in town). Let that tin foil get real nice & hot. From what I understand. Thor's rule of thumb is that it needs to be hot enough to cook an egg. Now that your brain is nice and warmed up. You are finally ready for some intelligent debate & inquiry. Let the posting begin!
    Last edited by Ron_Paul_2012; 09-23-13 at 12:49 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Im more worried about the black helicopters that keep flying above my house every night brah

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

You are over-estimating the "mma community"! People will have been throwing Jones in parlays left right and centre

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I'm on Shields too, and on the over. Shields has been pretty easy money in the past, I'm guessing at least the over will stick if not the decision
    I don't think neither guy can submit the other, and well ...when it comes to striking I'm not sure would I predict either one to excel in it.

First ... 50515253545556 ... Last