Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I concur

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Here's the real question: What the f-ck is that Lucas Martins kid doing? I feel like he's going to show up to a fight some day with the ability to avoid punches, and then he'll be a monster (especially considering his plans to Rumblecut to 135), but right now he's a complete joke. And not just skill-wise. What a befuddling individual.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I had money on him in his last fight and I of course lucked out when he tko'd the guy in round three. I think his problem is that he is extremely inexperienced and his style has worked for him for a long time because he has been fighting lower level competition. He has only been fighting professionally for a year or two. A lower weight class will probably help him a lot with his style of trying to overwhelm his opponent with strikes. The counters of smaller 135 ers wont hurt him as much. He will be huge at 135 if he can make it. I am skeptical. He isn't a super skinny guy and he is 5'9''.

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    How much value is on jones?

I think this will be a horrible beating.

Iirc te Huna and diabete took Gus down from te clinch. Yes I know ages ago.
    Gustafsson will have the edge on the feet, and if he can defend (big IF) takedowns this is alot closer then it may seem, he has superior footwork, ridic power, and he's fast really fast. He also has very strong hips.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    Gustafsson will have the edge on the feet, and if he can defend (big IF) takedowns this is alot closer then it may seem, he has superior footwork, ridic power, and he's fast really fast. He also has very strong hips.
    What about between his hips? That's all that matters, surely doesnt edge Jones there?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I had money on him in his last fight and I of course lucked out when he tko'd the guy in round three. I think his problem is that he is extremely inexperienced and his style has worked for him for a long time because he has been fighting lower level competition. He has only been fighting professionally for a year or two. A lower weight class will probably help him a lot with his style of trying to overwhelm his opponent with strikes. The counters of smaller 135 ers wont hurt him as much. He will be huge at 135 if he can make it. I am skeptical. He isn't a super skinny guy and he is 5'9''.
    Over here we say "lucked out" as a negative...as in we ran out of luck!

brokenbrain
    brokenbrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Over here we say "lucked out" as a negative...as in we ran out of luck!
    Don't you (Brits in general, not you personally) also say "lets go suck on a phag" instead of "let's have a smoke?"

Plays for tomorrow night:

Texieria/Bader does not go full 5 rounds - 2u
    Ali Bagautinov FTW - 1u

Okami, E. Souza, Hernandez - parlayed by two's, 3 bets, 0.5u each

Stay lucky, enjoy the fights!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by brokenbrain View Post
    Don't you (Brits in general, not you personally) also say "lets go suck on a phag" instead of "let's have a smoke?"

Plays for tomorrow night:

Texieria/Bader does not go full 5 rounds - 2u
    Ali Bagautinov FTW - 1u

Okami, E. Souza, Hernandez - parlayed by two's, 3 bets, 0.5u each

Stay lucky, enjoy the fights!
    yep afraid we do, and it's lead to some rather awkward situations before!

One of the best comedy bits ever about us Brits by Tom Stade!... "I GOT A BAG FULL OF PHAGGOTS"!!!!

Last edited by Vaughany; 09-03-13 at 01:44 PM.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

I'm not so sure Gustaffson has the edge on the feet dude. He has beaten a lot of guys on the feet by using his superior range. Jones has done the same thing. However I think Jones will probably still have a reach advantage. If you just compare their striking I think you should come to the conclusion that Jones has a much more diverse striking game. Gustaffson does have good footwork and he seems to be very light on his feet. I think Gustaffson will have a very hard time taking Jones down and Jones can probably put him on the ground. I think Jones has a better presence of mind as well. Well he is just a flat out more well rounded fighter that is arguably better in every area. Jones at least wins wrestling and probably jiu jitsu. I base the jiu jitsu evaluation on the way that he tapped out Machida so easily. He also tapped out Vitor(granted he was tired). I guess you are right though that this fight is a lot closer if Gustaffson can defend the takedowns. I do think he was taken down by Te huna, Phil Davis, and Shogun IIRC. Not sure if Thiago ever got him down.

brokenbrain

yep afraid we do, and it's lead to some rather awkward situations before!

One of the best comedy bits ever about us Brits by Tom Stade!... "I GOT A BAG FULL OF PHAGGOTS"!!!!

Hilarious!!! I saw Eddie Izzard do a similar bit, but not quite as funny. I should mention, as a Canadian, that I couldn't care less about the phags you smoke, but that moldy bag of estrogen you call your Queen needs to be removed from our paper currency. No offense to any Royal nut-huggers out there.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ha yeah Royalty is a joke, couldnt agree more!

Tom Stade is very under-rated, just getting quite big over here though. Stewart Francis is your best and most famous comedy export over here...

Last edited by Vaughany; 09-03-13 at 03:21 PM.

brokenbrain

Funny. He's like Mitch Hedberg (RIP) or Stephen Wright on speed.

JustinOpinion
    JustinOpinion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

ha yeah Royalty is a joke, couldnt agree more!

Tom Stade is very under-rated, just getting quite big over here though. Stewart Francis is your best and most famous comedy export over here...
    Regi D Hunter is getting fairly popular too.

edit - oh, Canadians.
    Last edited by JustinOpinion; 09-03-13 at 04:01 PM.

brokenbrain

I just hope you're spared the Canadian national embarrassment that is Russell Peters. I'm going to see John Cleese here in Toronto on Sept 25th. Wasn't fully committed to going until I read the bottom of his promo poster, "see me perform comedy live one last time before I die."

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinOpinion View Post
    Regi D Hunter is getting fairly popular too.
    yeah he's pretty big now but people seem to either love him or hate him. I think he's quality, got his DVD somewhere. He was the guest at the Football Association Awards Ceremony a few months ago and got lambasted in the press for his bad-taste jokes (obviously a lot of the usual racial stereotyping based material). Pretty funny because the tabloid press made out that everybody at the awards show was disgusted by him and that nobody laughed and that people even got out their seat and left the room! Hunter then uploaded loads of photos to his facebook page showing people in the crowd (famous Football Managers, players, personalities, etc...) all laughing their off and getting photos with him after and stuff. Turned out it was complete opposite to what press were saying

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by brokenbrain View Post
    I just hope you're spared the Canadian national embarrassment that is Russell Peters. I'm going to see John Cleese here in Toronto on Sept 25th. Wasn't fully committed to going until I read the bottom of his promo poster, "see me perform comedy live one last time before I die."
    ha yeah, I've never thought much of Russel Peters, I know he does sell out some arenas here, but he's not thrown in your face constantly on TV shows or anything. He's never appeared on "Live at the Apollo" or the "Comedy Roadshow" as far as Im aware

JustinOpinion
    JustinOpinion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

yeah he's pretty big now but people seem to either love him or hate him. I think he's quality, got his DVD somewhere. He was the guest at the Football Association Awards Ceremony a few months ago and got lambasted in the press for his bad-taste jokes (obviously a lot of the usual racial stereotyping based material). Pretty funny because the tabloid press made out that everybody at the awards show was disgusted by him and that nobody laughed and that people even got out their seat and left the room! Hunter then uploaded loads of photos to his facebook page showing people in the crowd (famous Football Managers, players, personalities, etc...) all laughing their off and getting photos with him after and stuff. Turned out it was complete opposite to what press were saying
    Largely down to Clark Carlisle, the gimp, trying to protect his image as the intelligent, respectful bloke. You'd think if they didn't want racial jokes they wouldn't hire a guy who's schtick is making racial jokes.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

?! Definitely disagree here. I think that Jones won't look to take him down immediately and will spend most of the first round brutalizing him with body kicks and front kicks with relative ease. For the record, I think that Jones has bought into his own hype and has stopped evolving as a fighter to a degree, so I can only 'cap him at around -600 here.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinOpinion View Post
    Largely down to Clark Carlisle, the gimp, trying to protect his image as the intelligent, respectful bloke. You'd think if they didn't want racial jokes they wouldn't hire a guy who's schtick is making racial jokes.
    ha I don't mind Clark Carlisle, actually used to live round the corner from him in Northampton! But yeah, was a ridiculous decision hiring him in the first place what with the FA's over-sensitivity on racism and the whole "Kick racism out of football" motto!

plekz

The way Gustafsson cut's angles and moves around i don't see him being open to any front kicks or body kicks at all, Gustafsson pretty much moves like a FW look at his fight with Silva for instance and how he was moving around and he's very fast once he unloads and he cut's very awkward angles with his punches plus he mixes it up.

Gustafsson has equal or longer legs then Jones btw, and their arm length is very close aswell at most 1-2 inches difference.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

The way Gustafsson cut's angles and moves around i don't see him being open to any front kicks or body kicks at all, Gustafsson pretty much moves like a FW look at his fight with Silva for instance and how he was moving around and he's very fast once he unloads and he cut's very awkward angles with his punches plus he mixes it up.

Gustafsson has equal or longer legs then Jones btw, and their arm length is very close aswell at most 1-2 inches difference.
    Thiago Silva was slow and just plodding around - he'd been out for 15 months, was easy for Gust to be elusive and pick him apart. He actually got tagged a few times in third round if I remember rightly

MD

Gustafsson got blasted by Shogun and Thiago multiple times. I'd hardly say he's a defensive wizard.

At most 1-2 inches? Try 7.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

jones reach is 2.15 from what i can see from wiki. Gustafssons reach is lousy 1.94. Even with a reach of 2.25 for gustafsson ill still probably side with jones.

Beelzebubzy

Pleks just plays the opposite of md

plekz

Gustafsson got blasted by Shogun and Thiago multiple times. I'd hardly say he's a defensive wizard.

At most 1-2 inches? Try 7.

Should probably either think of getting a better prescription for your glasses, or think about using them 'capper' dollars to invest in a pair. And Gustafsson brawled with Shogun that's why Shogun had any luck connecting.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

"reach" is actually wingspan. Can't really tell from a picture.

MD

Should probably either think of getting a better prescription for your glasses, or think about using them 'capper' dollars to invest in a pair.
    And Gustafsson brawled with Shogun that's why Shogun had any luck connecting.
    Plekz is back to his usual ways I see. Yes, that's great logic, use a picture, not measurements. How much do you want to prop bet that the tale of the tape has Jones' reach listed as more than 2" longer than Gustafsson's?

Also, Gustafsson lay-and-prayed Shogun. Don't lie.

plekz

I know it's 'wingspan' but claiming 7 inches of difference is full retard.

Hahahaa, tale of the tape? you mean the same 'tale of the tape' that had Ellenberger & Kampmann both listed as 6" ?

Phuck outta here man, but thanks for the laugh, you are always good for that atleast.

Beelzebubzy

I think he means 7 inches or half of a bubzy rooster vs shogun

MD

Hahahaa, tale of the tape? you mean the same 'tale of the tape' that had Ellenberger & Kampmann both listed as 6" ?

Phuck outta here man, but thanks for the laugh, you are always good for that atleast.
    Find me a reputable source that lists Jones' reach advantage as 1-2" or less. Can you do that? I can list plenty that will say that his reach edge is far more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    I think he means 7 inches or half of a bubzy rooster vs shogun
    Nope, Jones will have a listed reach edge of around 7". Far more than plekz is claiming.

plekz

^ Talez of the tejpz m8.

You sure you aint american brosif?
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-20-16 at 02:44 PM. Reason: image does not exist

MD

^ Talez of the tejpz m8.

You sure you aint american brosif?
    Closest thing to an official measurement we have. A lot better than your source, which is "gus lukz rly long guis".
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-20-16 at 02:45 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Here's the real question: What the f-ck is that Lucas Martins kid doing? I feel like he's going to show up to a fight some day with the ability to avoid punches, and then he'll be a monster (especially considering his plans to Rumblecut to 135), but right now he's a complete joke. And not just skill-wise. What a befuddling individual.
    Despite those things and how high he holds his chin, I think there's some value in fight goes to decision +160. Martins still can take a shot and Hernandez is very good defensively. Coming from that boxing background I have some hopes for Hernandez' fight IQ to weather the early storm.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    "reach" is actually wingspan. Can't really tell from a picture.

The UFC comes up with reach the same way I do hog analysis: just eyeball it (special bonus if it's through a shower peephole) & autoadd 6 inches if it's a black guy.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Looks like Gustafsson has a tin of Skoal in his pocket.

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Looks like Gustafsson has a tin of Skoal in his pocket.
    Or a hockey puck or a chode

First ... 47484950515253 ... Last