plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Seriously? I was thinking of taking Ferreira by KO, but when I started to watch footage, I foolishly started with footage on Ferreira, which of course made me laugh and go watch someone else's fights.
    Santos has absolutely ZERO ground game (and i mean ZERO) bad TDD aswell, and when pressured he backs up with his chin straight for anyone to hit. Santos is also fighting with a couple of weeks notice, and out of his weightclass (he's a WW)

Mutante has a ground game, has learned to pace himself alot more not as eager to leave openings like he used to, and he's very athletic and explosive.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    how well do foreigners fare on the cards in Brazil? Only thing concerning me right now
    Someone said they're actually somewhat fair unless its a close decision. Didn't hear too much about this when I asked though.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    Santos has absolutely ZERO ground game (and i mean ZERO) bad TDD aswell, and when pressured he backs up with his chin straight for anyone to hit. Santos is also fighting with a couple of weeks notice, and out of his weightclass (he's a WW)

Mutante has a ground game, has learned to pace himself alot more not as eager to leave openings like he used to, and he's very athletic and explosive.
    This.

Santos was an embarrassment on a show filled with embarrassments. The fact that he picked up wins was a shock, one was an obvious bad decision IIRC.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

how well do foreigners fare on the cards in Brazil? Only thing concerning me right now
    Not well at -all-, Brazilians have something like an 80% winrate, but that's mostly because they tend to get squash matches.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    lmao

i did wonder when I saw one of your posts earlier!
    Hahahah I don't hope it's that obvious

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    Someone said they're actually somewhat fair unless its a close decision. Didn't hear too much about this when I asked though.
    okay... I dont watch ufc that much, but I know that hometown decisions exist

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not well at -all-, Brazilians have something like an 80% winrate, but that's mostly because they tend to get squash matches.
    you think magny can eek out an away win?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    This.

Santos was an embarrassment on a show filled with embarrassments. The fact that he picked up wins was a shock, one was an obvious bad decision IIRC.
    Could Fury out-strike him?

MD

you think magny can eek out an away win?
    I think the fight probably won't be very close. Either Magny stuffs Moraes consistently enough to beat him up on the feet and get the finish or a clear decision, or he gets taken down to a submission or clear decision. There could be a middle ground, but I find it unlikely.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Could Fury out-strike him?
    Fury outstrikes his own face on a consistent basis. The man is a technician wwithout parallel

MD

Tough night with a lot of variance. My apologies to anyone who tailed me and lost. The Machida fight went pretty much exactly as I expected it to, barring the decision, although I did think he could get a late KO.

I thought I was on the right side of that one, or at least my analysis was correct, lost on Magny, and Magalhaes ITD. Leites decision and fight goes distance both cashed, as did Aldo, but finished down for the night unfortunately.

MD

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/8/4/...l-three-rounds

I agree with him in both regards. He probably should have learned his lesson after the Rampage fight. Not saying he should have rushed Phil, risked getting taken down and gone for the KO, but more activity would have been smart. Saying he should have just finished Davis is a bit silly, though. Going more heavily for the finish would have been an idiotic move for Machida.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Any news outlets anyone see scoring it for Phil?

sorinnn
    sorinnn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 226

most of the ppl following you know about variance and expect to have losing events some of the time(especially when the judges are bad)

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Tough night with a lot of variance. My apologies to anyone who tailed me and lost. The Machida fight went pretty much exactly as I expected it to, barring the decision, although I did think he could get a late KO.

I thought I was on the right side of that one, or at least my analysis was correct, lost on Magny, and Magalhaes ITD. Leites decision and fight goes distance both cashed, as did Aldo, but finished down for the night unfortunately.
    The Machida fight destroyed many parlays for me. Overall I lost about 10% of my total BR. Obviously I had Machida comfortably winning the match. I was in disbelief & shock when Buffer announced Davis had won. To be honest I am still searching websites for news that it was a typo or perhaps the judges got the Blue & Red corners reversed. I thought Magny & Magalhaes were going to win as well. I'm watching tape for the WSOF card that's coming next week. I plan on crushing the books without mercy!

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    Any news outlets anyone see scoring it for Phil?
    nope all I saw scored it 30-27 machida

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

played Machida when his line dropped down to like -265 Sucks losing when your on the right side.

raag
    raag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rough night for me too, tailed you on most things and was huge on Machida. The fight, also, went as I predicted but judgefucking screwed me. Oh well

raag
    raag's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel like Machida looked pretty poor though, footwork was lacking in round1/2 and he looked sluggish

MD

Quote Originally Posted by raag View Post
    I feel like Machida looked pretty poor though, footwork was lacking in round1/2 and he looked sluggish
    I thought his footwork looked very good, as is typical of Machida. He didn't need to retreat as much against Davis because Davis wasn't really pressuring him.

Surprised at how easily he shrugged off Davis on most of his attempts, too. The first takedown (which cost him the fight) actually came from him getting overconfident. When he blitzed Davis, I was screaming "NOOOOOOOOO" until Davis hit the mat, then I figured it'd be fine, but Lyoto continued trying to overwhelm Davis and ended up clinched and tripped.

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

I thought his footwork looked very good, as is typical of Machida. He didn't need to retreat as much against Davis because Davis wasn't really pressuring him.

Surprised at how easily he shrugged off Davis on most of his attempts, too. The first takedown (which cost him the fight) actually came from him getting overconfident. When he blitzed Davis, I was screaming "NOOOOOOOOO" until Davis hit the mat, then I figured it'd be fine, but Lyoto continued trying to overwhelm Davis and ended up clinched and tripped.
    not according to judge watts...that doofus actually gave machida round 1 but somehow scored round 3 for davis...how could he get it so right and then get it so wrong? WTF was he watching? crazy...oh well...on to the next one...

MD

Where's Mercer these days? You still read SBR bro?

Anyway, Papazian should be -300. -145 is printing money.

SlipperyKyhol
    SlipperyKyhol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Subsriebd

MD

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyKyhol View Post
    Subsriebd
    ...Thanks bro.

ArchieUD
    ArchieUD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Where's Mercer these days? You still read SBR bro?

Anyway, Papazian should be -300. -145 is printing money.
    What's your thoughts on the Harris-Santiago matchup? I haven't watched a Harris-fight in ages.. Were you surprised Santiago opned as dog?

MD

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieUD View Post
    What's your thoughts on the Harris-Santiago matchup? I haven't watched a Harris-fight in ages.. Were you surprised Santiago opned as dog?
    I took Santiago at + money. He should be slightly favoured.

Ron_Paul_2012

I took Santiago at + money. He should be slightly favoured.
    Interesting opinion. So you believe that Santiago's TDD is good enough to handle Harris?

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Interesting opinion. So you believe that Santiago's TDD is good enough to handle Harris?
    When he wins, yeah. It's one of those fights where if he wins, he's probably going to stuff Harris and brutalize him on the feet, or possibly (unlikely) get a submission from the bottom. If he loses, he's probably going to get taken down over, and over, and over, and have very little offence. I doubt it's a close fight. When Harris wins, he'll win hard, but Santiago wins more often, I think.

Ron_Paul_2012

When he wins, yeah. It's one of those fights where if he wins, he's probably going to stuff Harris and brutalize him on the feet, or possibly (unlikely) get a submission from the bottom. If he loses, he's probably going to get taken down over, and over, and over, and have very little offence. I doubt it's a close fight. When Harris wins, he'll win hard, but Santiago wins more often, I think.
    I give a slight edge to Santiago. However, I missed him at + odds so I plan on staying away from this match.

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

You don't like the over 2.5 then if you like Santiago right?

Ron_Paul_2012

Hey. What ever happened to Poupou? Did he get run off the board after the HUGE Rockhold fail?

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Hey. What ever happened to Poupou? Did he get run off the board after the HUGE Rockhold fail?
    Anyone know what happened to Pouyousophy? I thoroughly enjoyed watching him get knocked from pillar to post by everyone on the board.

MD

Michael McDonald +215 and +190. Holy f-ck.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Michael McDonald +215 and +190. Holy f-ck.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    MD had a chance to pull the trigger. He had the books in his sight. He was ready to squeeze the trigger. Then poof. No ammo. Everyone knows that Ron Paul would have went ALL IN.

First ... 31323334353637 ... Last