Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Are you big on him? what is the reason that makes you take him?

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    Are you big on him? what is the reason that makes you take him?
    Well, he won. Didn't realize it was on this early, just checked 5D and saw my bet graded.

MD

'Before Weidman scored the decision victory against Demian Maia in January 2012, he had cut 32 pounds in 10 days after replacing an injured fighter.
    As if that weren’t hard enough, his uncle died in a freak accident days before the fight — he fell down stairs inside Weidman’s house.
    Weidman mopped up his dead uncle’s blood.
    “You’d think there was someone who does that, but there isn't,” said Weidman.

“That was a rough week.”'

Did not know that.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

yeah crazy. He's not had it easy at all, what with Katrina fuckin up his house as well. Makes it all the more impressive

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    yeah crazy. He's not had it easy at all, what with Katrina fuckin up his house as well. Makes it all the more impressive
    wrong hurricane homie but yeah, everything got wrecked by sandy, i live right near chris so i saw the destruction 1st hand...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

lol my bad, must of been because I'd been talking about Guillard (who lost family in Katrina) in another thread!

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

How do you like Mighty Mouse in a UD this Saturday? I've seen him fight a couple times (Uncle creepy 2X and Dodson) and think he can take it in 5... unless Moraga lands the one punch.
    What do you think?

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

if moraga wins, i see the most likely route is the KO, in a fight that he is losing handily and looking comparatively slow
    that means if johnson wins, its usually a blow out

if you like johnson to win, take the -9.5 at + money

MD

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    How do you like Mighty Mouse in a UD this Saturday? I've seen him fight a couple times (Uncle creepy 2X and Dodson) and think he can take it in 5... unless Moraga lands the one punch.
    What do you think?
    Johnson should win by UD, as Moraga is a tough guy, but he's just so much better than Moraga, that he really should finish him. He probably won't, though. It's a blowout of a fight and there's definitely value on Johnson and Johnson UD, in my opinion.

MD

I'm starting to feel square for having taken Rory. I think he's going to close around -150 come fight time.

JustinOpinion
    JustinOpinion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

What led you to changing your opinion on that fight?

MD

Quote Originally Posted by JustinOpinion View Post
    What led you to changing your opinion on that fight?
    I still like Rory, I just think the line is going to improve come fight time. Worst he closes at should be around -180.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

I was thinking rory line could go higher by fight time. He has been hyped up for yrs. but I thought the opener was too low. Why u think line will drop? And wht do u cap it at? I thnk line about right at -210. Was actually hopin to get jake +300 lol

MD

Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
    I was thinking rory line could go higher by fight time. He has been hyped up for yrs. but I thought the opener was too low. Why u think line will drop? And wht do u cap it at? I thnk line about right at -210. Was actually hopin to get jake +300 lol
    I 'cap Rory at around -280. Jake can get the KO, but he really shouldn't if Rory fights smart. His wrestling is a big threat to Rory.

MD

Also, calling this now: Rory beats Ellenberger -> Condit beats Kampmann -> Rory vs Condit -> Rory wins. Then we get to hear a lot of pussyfooting around the issue of a MacDonald/GSP fight.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

Yup. I got moderate action on condit and condit itd. And I thnk Gsp beats hendricks

JustinOpinion
    JustinOpinion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Also, calling this now: Rory beats Ellenberger -> Condit beats Kampmann -> Rory vs Condit -> Rory wins. Then we get to hear a lot of pussyfooting around the issue of a MacDonald/GSP fight.
    If the time comes, they'll fight. No doubt.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I 'cap Rory at around -280. Jake can get the KO, but he really shouldn't if Rory fights smart. His wrestling is a big threat to Rory.
    Yep.

RORY MACDONALD VS. MIKE PYLE

Round 1 - The fighters trade jabs and circle. MacDonald catches a kick and then pops Pyle with a punch that knocks him to the mat. MacDonald throws some leg kicks before Pyle gets back up. Pyle scores the takedown and works from full guard. MacDonald looks for the escape and gets to his feet. Pyle takes his back, but MacDonald spins. Pyle presses him to the cage and then wrestles him to the mat. MacDonald works butterfly guard and then gets to his feet and pops Pyle with a quick combo. He then tags him with a power shot, fends off the takedown, and locks in a choke that nearly rips Pyle's head off before he spins free. MacDonald stands over his down opponent and then dives into guard. MacDonald stands over Pyle, which draws some boos. He fires off legs kick and won't let Pyle up. He moves in with punches and returns to guard. Pyle ties him up from his back, but MacDonald postures up. Pyle avoids any punches initially, but MacDonald soonds rains down heavy blows as Pyle is on his knees. The shots begin to mount, and the ref is forced to halt the fight. Rory MacDonald def. Mike Pyle via TKO (punches) - Round 1, 3:54

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Yep.

RORY MACDONALD VS. MIKE PYLE

Round 1 - The fighters trade jabs and circle. MacDonald catches a kick and then pops Pyle with a punch that knocks him to the mat. MacDonald throws some leg kicks before Pyle gets back up. Pyle scores the takedown and works from full guard. MacDonald looks for the escape and gets to his feet. Pyle takes his back, but MacDonald spins. Pyle presses him to the cage and then wrestles him to the mat. MacDonald works butterfly guard and then gets to his feet and pops Pyle with a quick combo. He then tags him with a power shot, fends off the takedown, and locks in a choke that nearly rips Pyle's head off before he spins free. MacDonald stands over his down opponent and then dives into guard. MacDonald stands over Pyle, which draws some boos. He fires off legs kick and won't let Pyle up. He moves in with punches and returns to guard. Pyle ties him up from his back, but MacDonald postures up. Pyle avoids any punches initially, but MacDonald soonds rains down heavy blows as Pyle is on his knees. The shots begin to mount, and the ref is forced to halt the fight. Rory MacDonald def. Mike Pyle via TKO (punches) - Round 1, 3:54
    Rory is a beast but I'm not interested in betting against Ellenberger. Too much power. I'm more interested in Masvidal, DJ, Castillo and maybe Guillard.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Wouldnt bet castillo or guillard.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Wouldnt bet castillo or guillard.
    I'm on both.

mmaed

Castillo should be able to get the takedown. Hopefully at least. I was really impressed watching him maintain top control on sass. I really thought he would get tapped out if he did that. He shoukd have no trouble avoiding submissions from means. He may have some difficulty holding him down but if he can get him down and get into his guard i think he can hold him there for a long time. If he can do that in round one he can potentially wear out means a little and make those strikes come a little slower in rounds two and three because he is taking this on short notice.

Throw in band ludwig as the new coach and we could see an improved all around game. By a small margin at least. I wouldnt be shocked to see castillo go for a submission. I know he hasnt pulled one off in years but he has fought wuite a few good grapplers in that time. He has also ended some fights and been finished in that time so there isnt a huge pool of fighters that it would be reasonable to suspect a good submissionist to have submitted.. Hes fougnt joe daddy, volkmann, sass, cholish. Not essy guys to tap out.

mmaed

I dont know a lot about mac. I get the feeling he is a pretty decent fighter with an emphasis on grappling. He lost to wiman who is decent. Beat escudero. I think he is underwhelming. Fought a close fight with gomi. Hard to really make anything outta that. I guess i should probably watch these fights lol.

guillard is a beast. My only issue with him is fight iq. I am hoping he has learned his lesson after his fall from grace. Since getting tapped out in under a minute by jim miller he has actually done better then his record suggests imo. He was winning the fight against cerrone pretty handily until the head kick nailed him. He did decently against varner. Id consider varner a formidable opponent. Granted he got best by dakota cochrane but he doesmt really stink. Varner has good wrestling and big power in his hands.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaed View Post
    I dont know a lot about mac. I get the feeling he is a pretty decent fighter with an emphasis on grappling. He lost to wiman who is decent. Beat escudero. I think he is underwhelming. Fought a close fight with gomi. Hard to really make anything outta that. I guess i should probably watch these fights lol.

guillard is a beast. My only issue with him is fight iq. I am hoping he has learned his lesson after his fall from grace. Since getting tapped out in under a minute by jim miller he has actually done better then his record suggests imo. He was winning the fight against cerrone pretty handily until the head kick nailed him. He did decently against varner. Id consider varner a formidable opponent. Granted he got best by dakota cochrane but he doesmt really stink. Varner has good wrestling and big power in his hands.
    ppaahhh no need brah, what wikipedia is for.

#wikiwinnerz

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I don't think Ellenbergers wrestling is much of a threat to Rory. He needs to land something flush. He gets out-classed in basically every area besides pure hand power and intent. Rory is the kind of guy that is going to get better each time we see him as well.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Rory rear-naked choke, he'll finish what Diego Canchez started!

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Well good luck to ya. Guillard should smoke danzig but, youll never know with him. Castillo meets tim means, which is freakin good. I dont like betting against very talented people.

MD

This will be my reaction to Rory beating Ellenberger:

10/10 song by the way.

Beelzebubzy

I'm playing rory Sotn small
    Moraga KOTN and Cruikshank KOTN smal

mmaed

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    I'm playing rory Sotn small
    Moraga KOTN and Cruikshank KOTN smal
    I like Cuickshank to overwhelm Edwards. I am just a bit worried that Edwards might find his chin. He did it to Oliviera and Jeremy Stephens. They aren't terrible. They aren't amazing or anything of course but they aren't total crap. Edwards is getting old and has a lot of mileage but of course he has been winning fights. Tough call IMO. Experience vs youth. Edwards ground game is pretty decent too. You never know if Cuickshank will shoot for a takedown or get taken down. He is a solid wrestler but who knows what his BJJ looks like. I also worry that Cuickshank's decision to train with his dad is going to catch up with him. Edwards is down at ATT getting experienced and professional MMA instruction.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

As an Edwards fan, yes the Shank for KOTN is pretty damn good odds.

MD

I like Cuickshank to overwhelm Edwards. I am just a bit worried that Edwards might find his chin. He did it to Oliviera and Jeremy Stephens. They aren't terrible. They aren't amazing or anything of course but they aren't total crap. Edwards is getting old and has a lot of mileage but of course he has been winning fights. Tough call IMO. Experience vs youth. Edwards ground game is pretty decent too. You never know if Cuickshank will shoot for a takedown or get taken down. He is a solid wrestler but who knows what his BJJ looks like. I also worry that Cuickshank's decision to train with his dad is going to catch up with him. Edwards is down at ATT getting experienced and professional MMA instruction.
    Cruickshank's camp is about as bad as camps get at the top level, but if you saw his last fight, you should know that it doesn't matter.

I really doubt that it'll hit the ground on Edwards' terms either.

mmaed

Yeah it didn't matter in that fight but I am worried that it could catch up with him. Yves Edwards is experienced enough to at least have the ability to exploit Cuickshanks inexperience. That said I am considering a bet on Cuick just because of his youth and power.

MD

Yeah it didn't matter in that fight but I am worried that it could catch up with him. Yves Edwards is experienced enough to at least have the ability to exploit Cuickshanks inexperience. That said I am considering a bet on Cuick just because of his youth and power.
    You're not getting what I'm saying. Compare him to how he was in the Martinez fight. He looked like a completely different fighter. No one commented on it, but he literally looked like he had taken two years off to train. He was just fighting a guy who everyone underestimates, while he himself was riding on some hype. The Makdessi who fought Cruickshank would have levelled the Cruickshank who fought Martinez.

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    As an Edwards fan, yes the Shank for KOTN is pretty damn good odds.
    creative striking + a fading chin.

First ... 25262728293031 ... Last