Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Do tell..

Broner/Thurman?

Hollafront
    Ice water veins pro
    Hollafront's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who do you got for the European fights this week?

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I put up a little parlay up for today. Pays out 1.42 when I put it in this morning

First leg is Dickens SU over Wale.

I personally like Dickens to outclass Wale. They both have a common opponent in Galahad and Dickens was doing very well in an even fight before getting caught in the 10th and getting KO'd. I had Galahad up, but close in that fight. I think Wale will bring the pressure and Dickens already knows what he has to do in the ring. I just think he's better and should take the W

Next leg is paul Butler SU over Tete.

Tete is a road warrior and has one several big fights on the Road. Winning his title in Japan and a hard fight against Sanchez Jnr in Mexico. Tete's tall, but Butler already go experience fighting Hall, who's of similar stature, a weight class above for the IBF title.
    I think if Butler can use smart pressure and get inside Tete, get some body shots with his left hand in on Tete, he can take a decision here. Being at home also helps a lot.
    He won the Sanchez bout via KO and Japan is fairly neutral unless the Kamedas are involved.... If Butler can stay active and stay on his feet, I think he takes the W.

Khytrov/Melendez Under 9.5 rounds

Yea, I think Khytrov destroy's Melendez. Not only is Melendez moving up, but he's just a warm up fight for his show next month on ShoBox. Khytrov's pretty open when he's on his onslaught, but it doesn't really matter since he crushes opponents with his pressure. If the number was lower I'd be worried. Melendez certainly more experienced than previous foes... but 9.5 rounds is wayyy to much to give and I think he crushes him inside 5.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Do tell..

Broner/Thurman?
    I think Broner takes a decision here against Molina. We could see something like Taylor/Broner where Taylor's plan is to bring the pressure while Broner tries to counter punch him. I think Broner doesn't move very well and activity could get to him. Also Molina's only been KO'd twice. Once by Demarco (he should've taken a knee, his own fault) and then against Matthysse.... who's one of the biggest punchers at 140.

For Thurman/Guerrero... haven't made my mind up yet....This could be a close one. Guerrero has proven before that he can be tough and if Thurman doesn't take him out, he could be in for a long night.... so leaning on the fight going the distance...not sure who wins

hougigo

Honestly, my biggest worry is if Dickens will succumb to the pressure. Even Wale was able to get to Galahad at times, but Kid was able to be more accurate, land the better blows and have Wale's pressure work against him, eventually having to get stopped due tot he punches Galahad was able to accurately land.

If Dickens can handle the pressure, he should take this

hougigo

Dickens with the UD....but Butler KO'd in 8....parlay blown up already...
    -_-

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    For Thurman/Guerrero... haven't made my mind up yet....This could be a close one. Guerrero has proven before that he can be tough and if Thurman doesn't take him out, he could be in for a long night.... so leaning on the fight going the distance...not sure who wins
    Line seems way off on this one. Can get Guerrero at +500.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Line seems way off on this one. Can get Guerrero at +500.
    Everybody still banking on thurman being a KO machine, but every time he's come up against a durable challenge, he's gone rounds with them.

Chaves and JSK were the only one who got KO'd but Guerrero won't get caught as bad as they did... at least i think

hougigo

Looking at prop bets right now.... I think the Thurman/Guerrero fight goes the distance. Still haven't made up my mind yet on who wins.... Thurman supposed to blast Guerrero out, but he's proven game. Also if Guerrero lasts longer than Thurman wants, he could just be content with boxing while Guerrero tries to outwork him and smother him.

We'll see, I think the fight goes the distance though.... I don't think the line will move any more than where it is now at -115.... but I'm not good with numbers

hougigo

Also I like broner to win via decision.... but his conditioning got me worried. Came in heavy (1 pound). They say it's cool because it's in the contract, but nobody knew about this crap till the day off and he was pretty fat leading up to it. Molina's style is to pressure and Broner is a statue in spots....most of his KO's have come against much much smaller guys.

Molina KO'd twice, but once was his own dumbass mistake and the other time he went 11 rounds with the hardest puncher in the 140 division.

For the time being, I think the fight goes 12 at +120

hougigo

Also surprised Ruenroeng wasn't robbed and in fact treated pretty fairly in China.... he was an obvious pick for me, but couldn't rule out Shady judging since Shiming is the whole reason there's boxing in Macau right now

hougigo

Okay... so just laid in.

I have Thurman/Guerero going the distance @-115
    Molina/Broner going the distance @120

Seriously.... I don't know what kind of shape Broner is in now. Molina will keep coming forward and applying pressure and Broner won't like that. I think it goes the distance though, Molina tough enough to go all the way, unless he gets cut or something.

Guerrero and Molina are worth small wagers.... Guerrero pretty high, +450...worth a punt.

hougigo

Well... wishing I took a chance on the Broner Decision.... Molina isn't doing anything... at all. I thought he'd put up some kind of resistance.... but he's actually trying to box Broner.... Ridiculous... absolutely

hougigo

Looking like a Broner Decision....SMDH, Molian was freaking disappointing

hougigo

Thurman looks to move and box now... looks like the distance here looks good too.

God, I wish I knew the UFC card was next week.... got a parlay running until then because I thought it was tonight

hougigo

Unfortunately my first parlay didn't hit... but these two did.

Feels good to be back ya'll

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

two full-pop GTD's hit...neither of the small-stake/big-payout ML's hit = good night

i wasn't just being polite my last post when i said "glad you're back"

...you're my go2guy for boxing
    Last edited by fitguy67; 03-07-15 at 11:04 PM.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    two full-pop GTD's hit...neither of the small-stake/big-payout ML's hit = good night

i wasn't just being polite my last post when i said "glad you're back"

...you're my go2guy for boxing
    Thanks man. Let's see how long I stick around... mostly here for boxing, and we're in full through May about every week till the 30th it seems

Hollafront
    Ice water veins pro

What you got for Kovacec? You think he takes a decision? By the way the girl in your av, I hit it first.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Hollafront View Post
    What you got for Kovacec? You think he takes a decision? By the way the girl in your av, I hit it first.
    Kovalev/Pascal?

Indeep
    Indeep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3292

Well... wishing I took a chance on the Broner Decision.... Molina isn't doing anything... at all. I thought he'd put up some kind of resistance.... but he's actually trying to box Broner.... Ridiculous... absolutely
    That was a strange game plan by Molina for sure. I pretty much had the same bets as you, over 9.5 on both fights, but I parlayed them.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Indeep View Post
    That was a strange game plan by Molina for sure. I pretty much had the same bets as you, over 9.5 on both fights, but I parlayed them.
    Good stuff man, and yea.... absolutely stupid what he did

Hollafront
    Ice water veins pro

Kovalev/Pascal?
    Yep, sorry for the spelling haha

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Hollafront View Post
    Well I got Kovalev knocking Pascal out.... i'm looking at the under 9.5.

I think he gets him out of there NLT round 8....that's me though. If Kovalev can hurt him, he's a deadly finisher

Indeep

Well I got Kovalev knocking Pascal out.... i'm looking at the under 9.5.

I think he gets him out of there NLT round 8....that's me though. If Kovalev can hurt him, he's a deadly finisher
    I've seen Kovalev quite a bit, but Pascal not at all. What's his chin like?

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Indeep View Post
    I've seen Kovalev quite a bit, but Pascal not at all. What's his chin like?
    Got a decent chin....never been knocked down in his career.... other than those Hopkins "slips"
    Kovalev is a big guy though and can hurt you more than just your chin. He could be aiming to wear out Pascal to the body, who is notorious for tiring out as the fight wears on....

So could be that....

Also, Pascal is explosive early and that's his best chance of winning. If he does happen to win, I think it'll be by early to mid round KO. That's when he's at his best and most explosive

Anyway, Under dropped for -170 to -160.....I like it...don't think it drops any lower... so I'm locking in on under 9.5 at -160.

Also.... if you're looking for an upset pick tonight. Lopez over Berto at +175 might be worth looking into.

Lopez hasn't been looking good lately, but neither has berto... marred with tons of inactivity and he's had that injury he thought he'd never come back from. His last fight against Upshaw or w/e the fawk that guys name was was pretty bad. If Upshaw actually committed to his punches and was scared to get hit, he would've put up a better fight.

Lopez should come to fight unless he gets the same kind of stage fright or W/E the penetrate happened to John Molina.

Lopez is a decent pick IMO. I wouldn't parlay it or nothing though.

Ima lay a little bit on that because it's a real chance of being an upset. Porter is no longer fighting Garcia because of health concerns or w/e the penetrate he made up before weigh ins

Indeep

Got a decent chin....never been knocked down in his career.... other than those Hopkins "slips"
    Kovalev is a big guy though and can hurt you more than just your chin. He could be aiming to wear out Pascal to the body, who is notorious for tiring out as the fight wears on....

So could be that....

I actually parlayed a little Berto with the Kovalev/Pascal over just for the heck of it. Kovalev is very impressive, so a KO by him is pretty

Also, Pascal is explosive early and that's his best chance of winning. If he does happen to win, I think it'll be by early to mid round KO. That's when he's at his best and most explosive

Anyway, Under dropped for -170 to -160.....I like it...don't think it drops any lower... so I'm locking in on under 9.5 at -160.

Also.... if you're looking for an upset pick tonight. Lopez over Berto at +175 might be worth looking into.

Lopez hasn't been looking good lately, but neither has berto... marred with tons of inactivity and he's had that injury he thought he'd never come back from. His last fight against Upshaw or w/e the fawk that guys name was was pretty bad. If Upshaw actually committed to his punches and was scared to get hit, he would've put up a better fight.

Lopez should come to fight unless he gets the same kind of stage fright or W/E the penetrate happened to John Molina.

Lopez is a decent pick IMO. I wouldn't parlay it or nothing though.

Ima lay a little bit on that because it's a real chance of being an upset. Porter is no longer fighting Garcia because of health concerns or w/e the penetrate he made up before weigh ins

I actually parlayed a little Berto with the Kovalev/Pascal over just for the heck of it. Kovalev is very impressive, so a KO by him is pretty likely, but I figured what the hell, maybe Pascal can hit for 10...So the good news is, one of us will be correct

I agree that neither Berto or Lopez havent looked very good the last few fights, so that is a crapshoot. Thanks for the info, and looking forward to some good fights

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

dimey's prices have even sweetened a bit more on the two plays you mentioned above, so prices as of now are

kovalev/pascal, u9.5 -150
    lopez +180 (over berto)
    Last edited by fitguy67; 03-14-15 at 03:08 AM.

Indeep

Well I hit half of the Berto(side)/Kovalev(over 9.5) parlay with Berto's tko of Lopez. Was thinking of hedging the under for a small guaranteed profit, but at -147 there's not much there for that. Probably let it ride and hope for the best unless anyone has any good ideas.

Hit the triple parlay on the favorites last night on another tiny wager for action on the PBC card on Spike Berto, Showtime, and the Nightmare. No future world champions, but very competitive action while it lasted.

hougigo

Didn't see the fight last night, heard Lopez was doing good till the sixth. Was a decent dog.
    Hoping for the Under to hit now

Indeep

Didn't see the fight last night, heard Lopez was doing good till the sixth. Was a decent dog.
    Hoping for the Under to hit now
    It was a pretty good brawl. Berto was losing the rounds, but was the aggressor and he just kept coming forward popping his jab at Lopez's left eye until he bloodied him up. Lopez is more skilled and was countering with good combinations and winning the rounds, but I never thought he was able to hurt Berto enough to keep him off him.

hougigo

Hmmmm, Chilemba is starting to climb up as an underdog.

Neutral ground and he's far more experienced than Lephikin. I'm gonna sit on the line a little bit and see how it moves, but I'm going to take him when I think the line levels out....or something like that.

I'm gonna roll with the underdog Chilemba though.

I also want to take Cunningham... but I don't know. When Glazkov doesn't show up he still manages to avoid an L ... and then sometimes he does show up to take the W.

If I have to choose I'd take Cunningham because I think he's just better, but his chin leaves some questions. Plus if you want, I think he's more motivated than ever after his daughter's surgery and has a deeper sense of urgency... I think I'll wait for the Chilemba fight to go through and will lay on Cunningham if it does win.

hougigo

Worried about Kovalev rigiht now..... arguing with his promoter....that's not good

hougigo

Chilemba doing good...way up on my card so far

hougigo

Chilemba putting on a master class..... easy ass dog

First ... 62636465666768 ... Last