MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    What?! On bookmaker he's -210. Just moved to -300 now. What book are u using?
    365. Keep in mind you replied 8 minutes after I posted.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Malignaggi -1400 now on bookmaker

MD

Easiest money I've ever made. +200, what a joke.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's guaranteed cash money! I play him every time. He's fun to watch when you have $ on him.
    only profitable fight would've been the Donaire fight where he was a medium underdog.... huggggeee favorite in the Kennedy and Agbeko fight.

fightbetter
    fightbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Malinaggi hopefully gets this decision,... He saved my Ass! I did terrible for betting this weekend! Almost went broke

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by fightbetter View Post
    Malinaggi hopefully gets this decision,... He saved my Ass! I did terrible for betting this weekend! Almost went broke
    He won it....

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    only profitable fight would've been the Donaire fight where he was a medium underdog.... huggggeee favorite in the Kennedy and Agbeko fight.
    Had him in a big parlay 7 team +200. Rigo was -1300 at the time.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Easiest money I've ever made. +200, what a joke.
    I'm jealous. I have to know. How many units?

MD

I'm jealous. I have to know. How many units?
    +8. Lost on Trout decision, Nakamoto, Palmer, and won on JT, Paulie, and Honchak. Trout decision was a terrible bet, and JT was a great bet that I didn't bet enough on. Lots to be disappointed about tonight, but I still had a pretty good winning night, so I'll worry about it tomorrow.

yoyoyo
    yoyoyo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoyo View Post
    Lara +105
    Paulie +155
    Sturm +105
    Alexander decision -164
    I'll take it.

hougigo

Had him in a big parlay 7 team +200. Rigo was -1300 at the time.
    Yea, just me personally, I've moved away from parlays in combat sports.
    Heavy favorites sometimes man....
    Mares vs Gonzo
    Newton/King Mo 1
    Alexander/Porter

Just off the top of my head.... I sure would hate to have 5 out of 6 won with one of those being my last... although they are good for closing sometimes to be on the safe side

Ron_Paul_2012

Yea, just me personally, I've moved away from parlays in combat sports.
    Heavy favorites sometimes man....
    Mares vs Gonzo
    Newton/King Mo 1
    Alexander/Porter

Just off the top of my head.... I sure would hate to have 5 out of 6 won with one of those being my last... although they are good for closing sometimes to be on the safe side
    Didn't bet any of those. I never bet chalk for the sake of chalk. I am very selective. I very rarely get bit from the chalk parlays I have bet over the years. Hope you had a good night Gigo. I think you bet Paulie didn't you?

hougigo

Didn't bet any of those. I never bet chalk for the sake of chalk. I am very selective. I very rarely get bit from the chalk parlays I have bet over the years. Hope you had a good night Gigo. I think you bet Paulie didn't you?
    I didn't.... I was actually thinking of taking Judah, so good thing I didn't.... but then again I was going to take Lara too.

I was 1-2

Got Tapia/Kirkland under
    Got effed on Sturm/Barker
    then took a shot with Russ....nope

MD

You bet Mares at like -1300 and even admitted that he was being overvalued.

Ron_Paul_2012

You bet Mares at like -1300 and even admitted that he was being overvalued.
    Oh! Mares vs Jhonny Gonzales! Yeah I did bet that!

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Terribly disappointed in Trout's showing. How in the world as a counter fighter do you make the decision to press the action, yet not truly close the distance? Too many times did he have Lara's back towards the ropes but Lara had about 2-3 feet of room on each side at all times. You decide to press the fight, you cut the ring off and stay in his face. I know this isn't Trout's game but if your not going to do it the right way then just stick to your guns. Can I also say, I really wanted to bet Porter, I just didn't pull the trigger. So so disappointed. Hit nicely on Paulie tho. As did i think mostly everyone. I wish I could have been on here talking during the fights but had to spend the night in the ER wondering how the fights might be going.

MD

^ Everything ok bro?

Mercersux

^ Everything ok bro?
    Work related. Nothing to do with myself. Appreciate the concern MD. Always come across as one of the good guys on this board.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Work related. Nothing to do with myself. Appreciate the concern MD. Always come across as one of the good guys on this board.
    Glad to hear it man. And thanks for the kind words.

hougigo

That's good to hear. Good thing I read the post late and saw the quick answer.

It was good for Porter to smother Alexander... I thought that was his only chance, but thought Devon would fight outside then clinch when Porter came in.
    Was a decent dog too....

Ron_Paul_2012

That's good to hear. Good thing I read the post late and saw the quick answer.

It was good for Porter to smother Alexander... I thought that was his only chance, but thought Devon would fight outside then clinch when Porter came in.
    Was a decent dog too....
    Dwyer predicted Porter winning. Great call by him. Cashed big on that dog $.

hougigo

People think he only picks black people... but he's always on the dog... at least 95 percent of the time.

Mercersux

People think he only picks black people... but he's always on the dog... at least 95 percent of the time.
    Dwyer knows his sh*t. I enjoy watching his videos because he does an excellent job breaking down fights more so than his actual picks. Guy is hedge crazy tho. Don't know too many bets he's ever suggested w/o a hedge. Btw Houg's, thanks for the concern brother. MAH DUDE !!!!

Ron_Paul_2012

Hey Gigo. Do you like Broner @ -490? I like him & Thurman. I believe Thurman is close to a lock. What are your thoughts on both matches?

hougigo

Hey Gigo. Do you like Broner @ -490? I like him & Thurman. I believe Thurman is close to a lock. What are your thoughts on both matches?
    Man... I don't even know about that main as I still think Maidana has a chance. I haven't laid anything yet... I either way too long to see if I get better odds or I just forget.
    Might be tricky because Broner moved up 2 weight classes and fought one of the lighest punchers in boxing. I thought the win wasn't as close as they had it, but Broner isn't unhittable. Which makes me wonder if he can take Maidana's power punches at WW for 12 rounds or however long it lasts.
    Only one man had an easy time with Maidana and that was Alexander, who effectively clinched him every time to neutralize him. I haven't seen Broner do much of that and most of his success came in the smaller weightclasses where he had huge sized advantages.
    Not to say he still can't fight. He can fight on the inside and maybe catch Maidana with some upper cuts while trying to use his shoulder roll... I wonder how long he can take those punches from a full on WW off the shoulders. And like Paulie said... Broner doesn't throw when he's uncomfortable. So if Maidana can make him uncomfortable, he could capitalize on this to steal some rounds and maybe hurt Broner.
    A lot of people are on Broner KO, but Maidana is a tuff SOB. Khan couldn't do it and Ortiz couldn't....if Broner did...then hot damn.

Not to say Maidana is hard to hit... he's very hittable... the question is, can Broner land some and handle what Maidana dishes out.

TL;DNR I wouldn't take Broner straight up. YOu could take Shane Cameron over a considerably faded Brian Minto at -400 though. Shane Cameron is great, but he's fighting at home and I think the crowd should carry him. I also don't think Cameron is damaged goods from the Tua fight and should win against Minto.

A lot of these odds are crazy... so instead of SU... i might wait for props. Depending on what Broner NITD is, I might take that. Very surprised if he knocks Maidana out

Dwyer knows his sh*t. I enjoy watching his videos because he does an excellent job breaking down fights more so than his actual picks. Guy is hedge crazy tho. Don't know too many bets he's ever suggested w/o a hedge. Btw Houg's, thanks for the concern brother. MAH DUDE !!!!
    Gotta make sure the homies doing good
    Last edited by hougigo; 12-11-13 at 06:58 AM.

hougigo

Also I think Thurman should win too, but Thurman hasn't really had a lot of pressure put on him. I think one of the hardest fights he's had was against Zavec... I don't really pay attention to the scorecards because I thought he did better in there than what the judges saw.
    Against JSK, he'll have constant pressure in his face....but that means he'll have constant openings if he can make them.

Are you putting them in a parlay?

Even though i expect both to win, I still think either of them could be a parlay buster

yoyoyo
    yoyoyo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

Chaves was giving Thurman all he could handle until Thurman finally got him. A lot of people talk about how Thurman didn't look great up until the stoppage, but what he showed was that he could take shots from a big puncher, remain composed and keep coming.

Goes without saying that JSK is very hittable, and that in single shots, you'd be hard pressed to find a WW with more power in both hands than Thurman. I don't think it's going to take very long for Thurman to hurt JSK. I would be absolutely floored if JSK won this fight.

I'll be looking for a "Broner by KO or UD" prop on 5d. Maidana's gotta get a KO to win. No way they're giving him the W on the cards unles he's absolutely dominant.

If he's just going to pick him off with one punch at a time, I think Broner probably UD's him. He's not going to knock Maidana out with a single punch, and Broner isn't really known for his relentlessness.

I'll be pulling for Maidana, though.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoyo View Post
    Chaves was giving Thurman all he could handle until Thurman finally got him. A lot of people talk about how Thurman didn't look great up until the stoppage, but what he showed was that he could take shots from a big puncher, remain composed and keep coming.

Goes without saying that JSK is very hittable, and that in single shots, you'd be hard pressed to find a WW with more power in both hands than Thurman. I don't think it's going to take very long for Thurman to hurt JSK. I would be absolutely floored if JSK won this fight.

I'll be looking for a "Broner by KO or UD" prop on 5d. Maidana's gotta get a KO to win. No way they're giving him the W on the cards unles he's absolutely dominant.

If he's just going to pick him off with one punch at a time, I think Broner probably UD's him. He's not going to knock Maidana out with a single punch, and Broner isn't really known for his relentlessness.

I'll be pulling for Maidana, though.
    Yeah I had to hold my nose while I put $ down on Broner. I have Broner Big but really can't stand the goof.

Mercersux

Yeah I had to hold my nose while I put $ down on Broner. I have Broner Big but really can't stand the goof.
    Broner rolls. I'd likely play the under or Broner by ko. I really think JSK is a live dog. 7-1 against an unproven Thurman. Has to be worth a shot. At -1400 hard to play the line straight. ko a very likely outcome on either side but i personally don't have any props yet on my book. Also. Josesito fighting tonight. -2000 on Josesito...I'll pass.

hougigo

I'll take the over in the Lopez/Mighty Mike fight.

Risky play... but I think Lopez will try and take a cautious approach to this fight.... either that or go HAM from round one to KO this guy.
    Mighty Mike is a decent journeyman...but if Lopez presses on him hard enough, Mighty Mike may crumble.
    I'm taking a shot...I don't know..it's a feeling.

I wouldn't tail my feeling....but posting my play anyway

+105 O7.5 Lopez/Mighty Mike

hougigo

I'm also on the other side of a lot of you... I don't think Broner KO's Maidana...it'd be crazy to me if he does. Maidana is a tough SOB and if he gets KOD by a guy who used to be a featherweight, then hot damn.

All depends on if Broner really opens up, and as easy as it is to hit Maidana... you have to take some to give some to him.
    I gotta go against the grain here, Broner NITD

Broner NITD -105

Mercersux

I'm also on the other side of a lot of you... I don't think Broner KO's Maidana...it'd be crazy to me if he does. Maidana is a tough SOB and if he gets KOD by a guy who used to be a featherweight, then hot damn.

All depends on if Broner really opens up, and as easy as it is to hit Maidana... you have to take some to give some to him.
    I gotta go against the grain here, Broner NITD

Broner NITD -105
    Good luck man. I'm not sure im playing much boxing tomorrow. Maybe small on JSK just for value. Most plays will be in mma. I hope for the best but i see a Broner stoppage.

hougigo

I'll take the over in the Lopez/Mighty Mike fight.

Risky play... but I think Lopez will try and take a cautious approach to this fight.... either that or go HAM from round one to KO this guy.
    Mighty Mike is a decent journeyman...but if Lopez presses on him hard enough, Mighty Mike may crumble.
    I'm taking a shot...I don't know..it's a feeling.

I wouldn't tail my feeling....but posting my play anyway

+105 O7.5 Lopez/Mighty Mike
    Graduated today, so didn't have time to check my book... but from what I read the fight went 8 rounds

Mercersux

Locked in on Broner straight -400. Thought on Thurman & JSK houg? I'd play JSK small if anything. Maybe JSK by ko if i can get the prop. Doubtful tho.

BrickShotShawn
    BrickShotShawn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3734

any chance it goes under 10 rounds?

First ... 53545556575859 ... Last