MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Rios is one of those "proud Mexican" types (even though he's American), so he'll want to make it to the bell, I think. That will be his priority.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here we go...THREE MINUTES OF PLAYTIME !!!

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

what book had 3/1 distance? 5 dimes and dsi were way less midway through the fight

here's btw the ML

Live In-Play Fighting Money Line
    Brandon Rios vs Manny Paquiao - Live in Play wagering between every round - Internet Only
    Sat 11/23 701 Brandon Rios +5000
    11:00PM 702 Manny Pacquiao -12500

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

^ that was the betting after the 11th round

some bets at 5 dimes to go the distance

11/23/13 11:00pm Live In-Play Fighting 701 Brandon Rios/Manny Pacquiao Over 11½ -300*
    11/24/13 12:08am Pending 11/23/13 11:00pm Live In-Play Fighting 701 Brandon Rios/Manny Pacquiao Over 11½ +170*
    11/24/13 12:04am Pending 11/23/13 11:00pm Live In-Play Fighting 701 Brandon Rios/Manny Pacquiao Over 11½ +175*

MD

Awwwwww yeaaaaah.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    what book had 3/1 distance? 5 dimes and dsi were way less midway through the fight

here's btw the ML

Live In-Play Fighting Money Line
    Brandon Rios vs Manny Paquiao - Live in Play wagering between every round - Internet Only
    Sat 11/23 701 Brandon Rios +5000
    11:00PM 702 Manny Pacquiao -12500

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Had to nab Goes Distance live at +300 here. Huge value I think, should be closer to +130. I'm pounding it.
    I tip my hat to ya MD. You are a true pro.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    I tip my hat to ya MD. You are a true pro.
    Thanks man. Wasn't anything special on my part, though, I just figured Pac would slow his pace towards the end and get conservative as he tends to do, and that the market would overrate Pac's power after seeing him open up on Rios in the early rounds. That's the only reason I didn't take the +230ish price on Pac by decision beforehand. If anything, I was fortunate that Rios didn't go balls-out.

My insight on boxing isn't as good as on MMA, I don't spend nearly as much time on it. I'd like to change that if possible, I'm always looking to improve and there are some interesting fights coming up. Ward UD -120 was the only substantial non-live bet I've made this month, I think.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pac obviously not what he once was. May seem like i'm ranting because I lost, but he seemed more cautious, not that much of a killer instinct compared to the past and his explosivness is down just a little. Then again, Rios had his hands up most the time and did most his work on the inside when Pac did nothing

MD

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    Pac obviously not what he once was. May seem like i'm ranting because I lost, but he seemed more cautious, not that much of a killer instinct compared to the past and his explosivness is down just a little. Then again, Rios had his hands up most the time and did most his work on the inside when Pac did nothing
    To be fair to Pac, Rios spent much of the fight just covering up and trying to avoid getting KO'd. He was doing his best to avoid trading at all costs. I personally thought that Pac looked very good, despite the lack of a stoppage; he looked much faster than he had in recent memory. Hopefully he gets someone who isn't slow and plodding next, so we can see how fast he actually is.

Ron_Paul_2012

Plays for next week. I nabbed Adonis Stevenson straight @ -485. Highly unlikely that he loses. Also Mundine @ +120. Basically a value play here. All via Bookmaker. They have had better lines than 5dimes & Bovada lately. I still like to always keep all 3 because you never know when a good line will pop up.

hougigo

To be fair to Pac, Rios spent much of the fight just covering up and trying to avoid getting KO'd. He was doing his best to avoid trading at all costs. I personally thought that Pac looked very good, despite the lack of a stoppage; he looked much faster than he had in recent memory. Hopefully he gets someone who isn't slow and plodding next, so we can see how fast he actually is.
    I think he looked better than his last fights, but then it was the styles he has fought recently. Rios is a plodder and is better to hit than someone like Bradley or Marquez.
    He was able to fire off combos fine, but I though he looked faster in the past... that's to be expected with age though.
    Rios was smart to keep his gloves up, but the whole fight is ridiculous. He needs a freaking sense of urgency. He knew he was down after 6, he should've started around 9 or 10.... jesus. He fought in round 11 and 12 the same way he fought int he first few rounds

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

I thought Pac looked great. Rios looked like he was in a different weight class. This is the only real fight out there for Floyd and Floyd knows it. Pac is just as fast and a lefty which Floyd doesn't quite like. Pac does get hit a little to much which benefits Floyd. Would be a great fight. I didn't bet the fight tonight because i never bet a fighter coming off a brutal knockout. I wanted to see how Pac would rebound and i thought he looked great.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

I think he looked better than his last fights, but then it was the styles he has fought recently. Rios is a plodder and is better to hit than someone like Bradley or Marquez.
    He was able to fire off combos fine, but I though he looked faster in the past... that's to be expected with age though.
    Rios was smart to keep his gloves up, but the whole fight is ridiculous. He needs a freaking sense of urgency. He knew he was down after 6, he should've started around 9 or 10.... jesus. He fought in round 11 and 12 the same way he fought int he first few rounds
    Lets be honest here. Pac dominated Bradley and got screwed. He was beating Marquez pretty handily until he got caught. There has been no evidence of slipping and he proved it tonight. You guys buy into this nonsense that he lost two in a row. The guy lost one fight recently and got caught. Tonight he showed why he is a geat fighter and still is.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

MD, what book(s) u recommend for live-betting boxing/MMA...(I'm NOT a US-res, which widens the options considerably.)

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    MD, what book(s) u recommend for live-betting boxing/MMA...(I'm NOT a US-res, which widens the options considerably.)
    Ladbrokes and Bet365 are the best for it, especially boxing they have great options, 365 are slow with the mma but just before the fights start you get all betting options and you have over/under with them, Ladbrokes you dont but you have pretty much everything else just like 5Dimes. You cant beat Dimes for early lines though and they usually have the best odds so have an account on all 3 and add DSI/Bookmaker for live.
    Points Awarded:

fitguy67 gave Sykes 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Lets be honest here. Pac dominated Bradley and got screwed. He was beating Marquez pretty handily until he got caught. There has been no evidence of slipping and he proved it tonight. You guys buy into this nonsense that he lost two in a row. The guy lost one fight recently and got caught. Tonight he showed why he is a geat fighter and still is.
    I'm saying he's slipping because he doesn't look like what he used to. He looked good tonight, good in the Bradley fight (Bar the periods of inactivity) and Marquez 4 before the KO.

He looked slower in training camp and not as fast as he was 3 years ago. Then again, like I said it comes with age.
    Pac would probably win a Marquez rematch, but he'll be a lot more cautious

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Do you think him and Mayweather will fight anytime soon? I didnt watch the fight fell asleep had Pac ITD though along with Froch, deserved to lose that after the Froch fight. Sent you a mail yesterday btw Hou.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    Do you think him and Mayweather will fight anytime soon? I didnt watch the fight fell asleep had Pac ITD though along with Froch, deserved to lose that after the Froch fight. Sent you a mail yesterday btw Hou.
    Arum a lot more open now to cash Pac out.... but he'll keep feeding him while he can.
    Might be hard because Mayweather got a Showtime deal and HBO will not let Pac go no matter what. THat's a huge blow if they lose Pac to showtime for a single fight

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
    Arum a lot more open now to cash Pac out.... but he'll keep feeding him while he can.
    Might be hard because Mayweather got a Showtime deal and HBO will not let Pac go no matter what. THat's a huge blow if they lose Pac to showtime for a single fight

Also, didn't see any new mail from you

Ron_Paul_2012

Well they could do a joint promo. HBO & Sho have done joint promos in the past. But, to be honest I'm over the Gayweather/PacMan fight. I really don't care anymore.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Well they could do a joint promo. HBO & Sho have done joint promos in the past. But, to be honest I'm over the Gayweather/PacMan fight. I really don't care anymore.
    It all depends on them.
    They're in a straight up war man with each other, and SHowtime has a hold on May like HBO got a hold on Pac.

hougigo

I honestly think Mosley wins, but Australia is so damn sketch sometimes in boxing (no offense to people from Australia)
    I'm not going to touch, but wouldn't be surprised if Mundine took a controversial decision

Mercersux

Hey just found out Antonio Tarver fighting tonight. Moving up to heavyweight. Think they're showing it on fox sports 10p eastern. Wonder If the books will release a line for it. Fighting some heavyweight bum for some no name title. Couldn't imagine there will be much value anyways if a line is released.
    Last edited by Mercersux; 11-26-13 at 03:05 PM.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Hey just found out Antonio Tarver fighting tonight. Moving up to heavyweight. Think they're showing it on fox sports 10p eastern. Wonder If the books will release a line for it. Fighting done heavyweight bum for some no name title. Couldn't imagine there will be much value anyways if a line is released.
    tarver -10000 at bovada

MD

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    tarver -10000 at bovada
    Yeah, pretty much have to play the other side here.

hougigo

tarver -10000 at bovada
    Whoa.... what?

Also I'm not taking sides in the Mosely/Mundine affair... but I don't see either of them getting kO'd. If anything it'd be Mundine, but I think Mosely's way past it to get a KO now. Then again... crappy ass Garth Woods KO'd Mundine, but I think he's way past it

-165 sounds fair.

hougigo

tarver -10000 at bovada
    Probably just a line to hold the place
    Let's see how he does against an unroided Tarver

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Yeah, pretty much have to play the other side here.
    Go nuts on that +1600 then.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Probably just a line to hold the place
    It's -10000 at Bet365, boyle, betvictor, ladbrokes and Unibet.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    It's -10000 at Bet365, boyle, betvictor, ladbrokes and Unibet.
    NVM, not worth touching unless Tarver by KO is good.
    Sheppard is one of those guys who're there to make other people's records look good

Mercersux

tarver -10000 at bovada
    Maxi bet on Tarver it is !!!!!!

Mercersux

Whoa.... what?

Also I'm not taking sides in the Mosely/Mundine affair... but I don't see either of them getting kO'd. If anything it'd be Mundine, but I think Mosely's way past it to get a KO now. Then again... crappy ass Garth Woods KO'd Mundine, but I think he's way past it

-165 sounds fair.
    Still very much on the fence about this fight. When i get home i plan on trying to get a gauge of how Mundine's recovered from the cut and when Mosley may have got into Australia. That's times two because he already went there for the first fight. Fights going to be on watchespn@ 6:30 am eastern. If i can actually wake up and watch it I'll probably bet a little something.

Mercersux

Houg I'm on Mundine. You got anything or staying on the sidelines for this one?

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    Houg I'm on Mundine. You got anything or staying on the sidelines for this one?
    I'm on the sidelines with the winner, I' on the fight going the distance.
    I just think that Mosely showed some life in his last 2 fights (he was way more active against Canelo than I though he'd be) and will land the more telling blows in this fight. Mundine will be the aggressor and that'll leave Shane some room to work. Mundine isn't a young gun himself and I think both of them will step off the pedal in the middle rounds to try and finish strong in the later rounds.

I think it'll be a close fight that goes to the cards with either man being able to make a claim... but I think Australia is bonkers and they'll give it to Mundine.... no offense to Aussies here.

First ... 49505152535455 ... Last